Average User Score: 6.6May 13, 2014I started playing Aion when it just started 4.0 build. So I don't know how much changed from the previous version so don't get anger that some parts were ruined or gotten better. I am just stating what kind of impression I got from this game. It could good and bad, you can play it or not that is your choice.
1) Gameplay = The combat system is rather average with not a lot of depth to it at all. I have played Gunslinger and Cleric till lvl 50 and realize there isn't much to it. It is like every other MMORPG out there which isn't bad to those who might enjoy these kinds of combat but doesn't mean it's good. The skills do get flashier and flashier as you level up and replacing older skills with the updated ones makes it look more appealing but I hardly notice a difference in usage. They have chain skills which isn't that extensive but it's there and it can be convenient(less buttons to click). The flight mechanic is surprising done well, the controls don't feel awkward and it is very responsive. The only gripe I can say about it is the lack of flight locations, you feel very restricted to the ground often. If you aren't grounded, flying around is pretty neat and I wished for more flight campaigns rather than PvP uses. The PvPvE is somewhat annoying if you aren't prepared for it but luckily you can avoid most of the PvP when you stay in the Fast-Track Servers and stay away from Standard Servers. 6/10 (… Expand
Average User Score: 7.0Feb 1, 2014I have been playing Vahalla knights for only five hours and I can tell you all the problems with it. This is a Pro and Con review since I haven't beaten the game yet.
Pro: - The music in the game isn't bad, it sounds very JRPG and the sound isn't too bad.
- The Story premise is actually pretty interesting, the whole story isn't but the world that you are stationed in is different than other JRPGs. The town is a prison and you do RPG stuff, somewhat reminds me of Deadman's Wonderland. The town has different factions and you can befriend certain people not a bad idea.
- Character models look nice and your character and their gears stay on cutscenes same goes for you companions.
-Customization isn't too bad, you can unlock more later in the game.
That is it I have absolutely hate this website and its problems. My review got cut off AGAIN! Screw this website... going to start finding a website to review in that doesn't bug out. I even had written 3000 words of Cons for this game.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.6Jan 24, 2014This is my honest review of Ni No Kuni. All my other reviews used to be really long but Metacritic's maximum text limits me. I haven't finished the game yet but I am roughly pass half of the game.
- The gameplay has some depth to it( It's pokemon that is done right)
- The visuals are great giving out that Level 5 feeling to it with Studio Ghibli's legendary animations.
- The music is absolutely fantastic. I expect no less from Joe Hisashi.
- beautiful backgrounds and world. Each place is great and the music helped fuel the imagination.
- The predictable and simple plot. I could tell what the was going to happen before anything happened.
- The combat UI is not intuitive, It was quite frustrating even worse when you receive the next party member. The fact that you get party commands late in the game is unacceptable. Made boss fights frustrating because your A.I teammates were pretty dumb. Plus some monsters were missing abilities or out-of-place abilities like evade or block.
- Metamorphosis lowers your monster to level 1, this is dumb and causes more grinding Text dialogue is fine to use but make it consistent and this case it was lazy. Text dialogue should only be used as when talking with locals or accepting quests, voiced should be only for story dialogues. Animated cut scenes are too short and cut off really abruptly making it look awkward.
Okay I might have more Cons than Pros. You might think I hate this game but I don't. I really enjoyed playing it, and I am already use to the JRPG formula so I didn't have too much problem with grinding. If you hate JRPG then this won't really win you over unless you just want to see Studio Ghibli's animated works. But if you like both JRPG and Studio Ghibli then pick this up, the gameplay is pretty good. This is one of my favourite JRPG games with games like Persona 4 Golden, Final Fantasy X. It just has weird questionable design choices; it is visually appealing but mechanically unappealing .… Expand
Average User Score: 8.7Jan 24, 2014Here is my honest review of Killing floor. If you don't like it then I'm sorry you better look at a different reviewer. A lot of hardcore fans will probably hate me or flame me for this but I have to put out my honest thoughts.
- Gameplay = The gun play is strong and does its job well. Sure it might not be as flexible as L4D's more fast-pace style and gun bunting ability. BUT this game has its own fun mechanic which is "ZED Time." When you blow off a head of a specimen(The Enemy) you have chance of slowing down time which is very handy most of the time. You can pick off multiple enemies at once or kill that one pesky and annoying specimen out in the distance. It is a great way to make you feel like a strong badass especially if you use guns like the revolver or lever-action rifle. The two problems are on hard or lower difficulties it makes it really easy and reloading during ZED Time takes forever to reload making it drag to wait it out. The guns were nice but the lack of guns were a problem with its dated physics, although this is an old game so I can forgive this(Used to be a mod too). The gameplay can get tedious, be warned there is only horde mode for this game. There is Objective but not a lot of people play it and it isn't that good(The lack of ammo crates was the biggest problem). The perks are important in making your teammates live for another round. Some Perks need a lot of balancing especially when you get to a higher levels. But the perks take way too long raise and feels like a cheap ploy to increase replay value which it is. It should have been more levels and spread out perk benefits rather than packing them all together. Oh! and the Enemy A.I is pretty terrible but they are different deadly. You should play on smaller maps because it gets more intense and fun this way. But if you play on maps that a big such as Farm or Mountain Pass, you could tell the A.I and pathfinder is terrible. All they do is charge towards with little to no strategy. Some might charge behind you but that's because they spawned behind you or teleported behind you. Don't get me wrong, it is soo satisfying to blow off their heads, a true stress reliever. I wished there was more darker maps with new throwable items such as flash bangs to stun enemies and flares to temporarily lit up areas. The flashlights don't have much use even though the game has good dynamic lighting. 7/10 (Sure it is an old game but they sometimes update it so a lot of these problems could be fixed by patches or PROPER DLC).
What the hell... metacritic is cutting my review in half. I apologize to you guys, I wish I can write more but this dumb website keeps cutting my review in half even though my review is only 4900 words. I put a lot of work in my reviews so I'll start writing less on my reviews here. As much as I want to put in every detail.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.9Jan 13, 2014Oh boy, this game was so disappointing to me. Trust me it isn't the worst game out there but it is the worst in the trilogy. This is going to be my honest review and I'm sorry if you don't like how I would nitpick sometimes. I just really have to put out my honest thoughts on a game franchise that I really love. I played through dead space, dead space 2(my favourite), dead space 3, dead space extraction, and the dead space mobile. I love this franchise but I am sad to say that this game was disappointing.
-Gameplay = The gameplay was solid, I did like Isaac (Or Carver) roll and crouch which gave me more flexibility . Okay sure it did made it less scarier and made it more action. Only problem though, there was really no point in rolling unless to go slightly faster which was comically. I didn't really like the shift from horror to action which pretty much what caused the game to fail. The game didn't feel intense or worst case no fun at all, in the previous titles you felt like a badass but could get killed easily. The new gun crafting is a neat idea but it wasn't well implemented. The two weapon slots made me very angry because I was so use to Dead Space 2. This is where the biggest problem lies, the game's own gun play was BORING. Universal ammo clip?!?!?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!? TWO WEAPON SLOTS?!? When I first played the demo I thought the ammo clip was there for the demo purpose but dear god it wasn't. This is where I began to hate this game. The side missions were a neat distraction from the main plot. It is a welcome addition, gave it us more to do and more insight on Isaac's location. Now the co-op is something most people were pissed about but it wasn't that bad. It made the game a whole lot easier and less scarier but it was fun playing with my friend and had a blast. The extra dialogue scenes, and missions made it worth while.
-Graphics = This is part confused. I couldn't tell if the game looked worse or better than Dead Space 2. Don't get me wrong the game is very beautiful and has an amazing backdrops. It was character models that looked low resolution. Isaac looked a lot better in the Dead Space 2(not because of age or whatever conditions he was in) the model looked rather unfinished. Ellie Langford looks really weird in this title which I am not surprise if you experienced the Nicole face change from DS1 to DS2. In short, the models looked unfinished and some low res textures and lightning but the environment and interiors were well done. 7/10
-Story = OH boy... The story was nothing special; actually it might have made me truly hate this game. The story is no brainier, UInitologists are acting as stupid and blind as ever(damn bastards) doing dumb things and the main antagonist was an buffoon. He was so cliche, there was so many instances where he could have taken down Isaac but he doesn't; he just talks. He has no depth to his character at all, he was just your blind Unitologist baddie number 1. The characters in DS2 weren't the best but it got the job done. This time Isaac was more of a dick who didn't give a crap about anyone except Ellie and later Carver. Carver was my favourite character here, sure he was an a-hole towards you but he begins to trust you(if you played the co-op). He starts out as an dick then a sarcastic a-hole(which was kind of funny). The thing that was soo disappoint about this character was that his family just died and they explain it in one line. There goes any more plot development for the character. Every one else I didn't care for or hated. Maybe the other character I might have liked was that scientist lady(I forgot her name because the characters were flat and uninteresting and died off too quickly and abruptly). I HATE ELLIE LANGFORD, how can you make a character who could have had potential as a strong female heroine in DS2 and make her the most annoying person in DS3. In DS2 she was someone who didn't trust anybody because it almost got her killed and knows how to fight back. She talks back at Isaac and becomes like your best friend in this sick world. In DS3 all she does is whine and do nothing, she is more a plot device to drive Isaac to do things. Her boyfriend is dumb ass and hated him; that's it.
3/10(I would have given this a more worse score if it weren't the fact I love the DS universe and its lore)
-Music = none of the soundtrack stand out and memorable. The typical jump scares sound affects(weren't even scary). The sound and music was just there. Had some dramatic music in there which was nice. 5/10
-Lasting appeal - The game was fairly short and even shorter with co-op. The gun play made it super easy because you can make your game into a most over powered cheap weapon. I had to limit myself to use a plasma cutter and a one random weapon. The side missions were a good additions and the DLC was solid.
In conclusion, I didn't like this game that much compare to DS2 and hope this franchise gets revived. It needs to go back to its roots.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.4Dec 11, 2013Lone Survivor, this game is really awesome. For a 2D pixel horror game, it did a good job it making it heart pounding in a lot of instances, Here is my honest review of the game. You don't have to agree with me, there is a bit nitpicking but nothing that lowers the score too much. (0.5 at best). Hope you like it.
Gameplay The controls were tight and responsive. The only downside was the lack of options to change your key bindings to your liking. Some of the buttons were a bit to spread out or too close to each other. Otherwise, the controls did its job well it was fluid. The game was challenging and trying to get a good ending was not a easy task. I liked how it only stuck to the pistol and not give you a stronger gun. It made you have the edge but can be vulnerable of being overwhelmed. It's all about survival rather than fighting, it's about avoiding as much conflict as possible and gather your resources. It was taking care of your main character rather than making him your Rambo. My gripe was that the lack of hiding spots in certain areas of the game. I also did not liked how very linear it was. OKAY I KNOW THIS IS WAS A STORY DRIVEN GAME, but they could have added side quests to it. More insight on the place he is tormented in(This will affect the Lasting Appeal though not the gameplay). 9/10
Music the music in this game was really good, it was eerie at times but also has catchy tune. Don't believe me? Listening to the Director or the Party BGM. The sound nailed the atmosphere, those weird squishy noises, and the sound those things makes. The sounds design did a fantastic job in setting the atmosphere. 9/10
Graphics Its 2D pixel, I do not why I find these kinds of graphics to be fascinating. I love how smooth the animation was and the grey tone through the game. the only nitpicking would be the colour palette could have been a bit better but this isn't a real problem at all. 9/10
Lasting Appeal Sadly It is the weakest part of the game. The game was substantially long (sorry I don't remember how long it took me to beat it, but I guess at least 24 hours or less when I was trying to scavenge everything and do everything in one playthrough). There is no replayability, though this was a linear experience which I had not much problem with, for example I loved Dead space 1 & 2. I just wished I had more things to do other than the main storyline. The only reason to come back is to collect all the pages and get the other endings. -7/10… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2Dec 11, 2013Spelunky was one of the games that I was looking forward to when it was first announced to be on the Vita. This review is going to be honest, so there is going to be nitpicking in this one. If you don't like it then 'm sorry to hear but I have to put it out there.
Gameplay The gameplay style wasn't too bad, I liked it a lot, it was the feeling of an old 2D platformer adventure. I love to play these kinds of games on a portable console. The controls were very good for the most part. I didn't like how the your character was a little too slippery, it caused a lot of cheap deaths. Now I'm going to talk about the biggest flaw in the game that pretty much frustrated me, the spike in difficulty. The mines section wasn't no issue, it was challenging but fun to get across. The Forest section was a slap in the face, the difficulty raised so high here I don't even understand. Then the Ice section is really easy. This is partly because the game has things in that I do not enjoyed. (*NITPICKING ALERT*) I did not like hot the teleporter item worked, I wouldn't have minded it didn't kill you when you teleported to the stone walls by accident(this one is minor, only by the fact that it was kind of cheap to use but it shouldn't teleport me inside the stone wall and killed me. It should have been an invisible wall there). The fact that the whip is the shortest whip in history, making it really difficult to use. And the random generated maps, sometimes the maps are really easy and other times it's virtually impossible and with no checkpoints unless you use like 10-20 bombs or ropes between each interval.Good luck trying to save up that much without dying and starting at the beginning of the game. It is all based on luck rather than skill. I played this for 1 month straight and I couldn't even beat it because some of the cheap deaths it gives(I'm talking about you, damn shopkeeper who follows you for 4 floors with a shotgun at the exit.) Also last thing about the controls, picking items isn't very responsive can be a tab bit annoying. (*NITPICKING OVER*). 6/10
Music The soundtrack was really good, it had a catchy tune and melody that I have it on my mp3 player. I especially liked the Mine section music (this is partly because I came back to this section like a million times) Nonetheless, it is really good and it what kept sane throughout the whole play through. the sounds were also pretty good, I liked the sound of the bombs exploding and the way the shotgun sounds. 9/10
Graphics The graphics were pretty and very clean, I liked the effects such as the explosions and water. Visually it was very pretty and there was nothing wrong with design. 8/10
Lasting Appeal It wasn't that great, It didn't had a lot to offer other than the main game. The local multiplayer was fun but nothing substantial. It has a leaderboard so for those who like beating records and highscores than it does have some replay value. The only reward was you can tell your gamer friends that you beat spelunky and brag about it. 6/10
Overall score: 7/10… Expand
Average User Score: 2.1Mar 19, 2013Simcity 5 is an intriguing game and has a lot of potential such as specialization and the complex gameplay. It isn't a bad game, it just had a really bad launch and EA is trying to fix their servers (heck they're willing to give out a free title with your purchase of Simcity). It's the steep learning curve makes it really difficult to start out and inability to change the settings and rules of the map is ridiculous. The tutorials don't help much and the in-game tips barely give me useful information. I couldn't even start my own city by myself because the amount of money is given to you at the beginning is too little (playing at normal) and the fact that I have to specialize on one thing and cooperate with the other city is even harder. Since you have to upgrade your town hall to city hall which needs a lot of residents then add a department of transportation to ship or gain workers and a trade depot to trade resources WITH ONLY $50,000 which I find ridiculous! It forces you to play with others or claim other lands which shouldn't make me do that and the land size is so small that I can barely call this game simCITY... hey I'm not talking about a metropolis here but the amount of space you get is a one block in the map. The more I played this game the lower my score got... and I'm not judging this game on its servers which I never do. It had great potential and I'm pretty sure it must have been awesome on paper! But I think this game falls short and it does not impress me very well. Bummer... I really wanted to immerse myself in this game but i can't unless I build multiple cities by myself or have to constantly rely on other cities. It's not a bad game but it is disappointing to anyone who is a SimCity fan, it just missing a lot things and the basics.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.2Feb 16, 2013WOW!! How does Atlus make a remastered remake better than the original game which was already great. I completely stunned by how good this remake is, it's definitely a must own to any Vita owners. I've always been a fan of the persona series, especially starting from persona 2. Not only does this game meets the hype but somehow significantly surpasses my expectations.
- Gameplay The gameplay mechanics are still the same as the original but Atlus added a couple of new functions to deepen the experience. They added 2 new difficulties (Very Easy and Very Hard) and have the option to change the rules and settings of it once you beaten the game. They added more rewards for doing social links with others especially with your teammates because they give you social link skills if you hit a certain rank. And Atlus added two new social links into the game, Marie and Adachi, both of which are interesting and have an interesting conclusion. Because of social link skills and abilities Rise is a lot more useful in this one than the original. She was only used for scanning, treasure location, and enemy locations but now she can protect you from fatal blows (once every battle), heal your HP and SP, gives you stat buffs, and can charge you up. There were lots of times when I shouted in happiness when Rise saved my butt. There are so much things to say about this game but I don't have a lot of spaces to write all of it. 10/10
- Graphics The graphics are HD remastered, the characters are much clearer and nice to looks at. The animation cut scenes gets a HD remaster and they added new cut scenes with the new events. The visuals are a lot more colourful and pretty to look at (sometimes too colourful 10/10
-Story The story is basically the same as the original except you get more events, two new endings, and two new characters. The story was always a hit and miss for me but it's the characters that really makes love the game. I actually felt like I was the main protagonist and the friends were believable and likeable too. 9/10
- Sound The music is always catchy and upbeat as ever! And they also added new music which in my surprised made the game even more epic and enjoyable to play. The new Teddie voice actor did a great job in sounding like the original Teddie. Now the new Chie voice actor is a pass for me... just a pass (if I had to give her a score it would be 5/10) I mean sure she sounds like an annoying brat. The voice isn't actually bad, just badly timed voice acting. Though I do prefer the old Chie since that was the one I heard first. 10/10
- Lasting Appeal It was GREAT!!! TV listing was a great addition, new events, gardening, the extra two months of free time, the funny 8-bit boss theme, and many more. I felt completely satisfied with the remake. 10/10 Of course this game isn't perfect and it is definitely has a few bugs but the goods significantly outweighs the bad points. It's actually one of the biggest reason I bought a Vita other than Gravity Rush. I would totally recommended it to anyone who is a fan of JRPG, Character-driven story, and who loves anime.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.5Feb 13, 2013This game is a fantastic entry to the Vita library. A superb title and a must own to any Vita owners. But of course, every game has its good points and flaws.
- Gameplay it utilizes every function of Vita, which is a huge win for me, The gameplay is simple and interesting especially the the gravity mechanics. I had so much fun just switching from left to right, upside down, or standing diagonally. But the controls were a bit wonky, it felt too sensitive and I wished that I could toggle the controls. It needs a bit more customization in the options so I could adjust the HUD or the sensitivity or the key bindings to suit my play style. I sometimes had trouble targeting specific points, the gravity kick was really hard to target, and the gravity special attack (The spiral one) was difficult to aim because of the camera going haywire. Needs lots of fine-tuning 8/10 Graphics It's fantastic, I can tell that the developers really put a lot of love into the details. For a handheld console the graphics is superb, I might even argue that it can rival PS3 graphics. They could try to fine line the characters or the NPCs because they sometimes blend in with the background too much. 9/10
- Sound The music is awesome, it's a mix of European plus Japanese soothing music blended in together to produce Gravity Rush's soundtrack. The music made the game even more engaging and entertaining to play. 10/10
- Story The story in this game is interesting since it's about a girl with mysterious powers with her trusty companion, Dusty, to solve her mysterious past. Although the cliffhanger ending left me with a sour note in my mouth, but the lore is extremely interesting. 7/10
- Lasting Appeal There should be more side quests and back story on some of the characters (hopefully they will answer this in the sequel) the game felt a tad bit short for my taste. The competitive side missions was challenging but frustrating, because of the wonky controls. But this game was so good that I'll recommend to any Vita owner to get it. It's a game that will stay with me for a long time. 8/10
Final verdict is 8.5… Expand