Average User Score: 5.3Sep 27, 2013I like to think of myself as an adventure game aficionado, having played most games in the genre from Zork to Amnesia. This "game" is aI like to think of myself as an adventure game aficionado, having played most games in the genre from Zork to Amnesia. This "game" is a supreme disappointment. Like a lot of indie titles, it has great promise at the start: interesting and novel storyline, realistic characters...that quickly dissolves into the player wishing that a larger game company would have come along and taken over the game so it could live up to it's potential.
- Great voice acting and interesting characters.
- A big, empty house to explore with lots of attention paid to the design of the objects you can pick up
- A storyline that starts out with promise and fizzles quickly into a dull, anticlimactic ending that seems rushed and devoid of any real tension.
- Character stories that go nowhere and have zero closure.
- No real scariness or tension, even though there was plenty of potential for it.
- Overly simplistic gameplay. Actually, you can't call it gameplay. It's more like you are walking through a storyline picking up pieces of the narrative as you go. You can look at objects but rarely do they serve any additional purpose.
- A VERY SHORT GAME THAT IS OVERPRICED FOR WHAT IT IS!
You should buy this for $5 max. Seriously, you will be done with it in 2 hours and kick yourself for having paid any more for it.
P.S. I loathed Dear Esther, and this is just a couple steps above.… Expand