|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 6.8Jun 2, 2016Four ultra-simple game modes based on capturing areas/points (that's all, no attempt to create new and/or innovative game modes), 3 (small)Four ultra-simple game modes based on capturing areas/points (that's all, no attempt to create new and/or innovative game modes), 3 (small) maps for each mode, 10-12 players matches (yes, like it's 1995), repetitive generic shooter with one-hit-kills specials, unbalanced characters (some will one-hit-kill you with their standard weapon, others do so little damage the bullets just tickle the enemy), and you will be bored after 5 hours of this. Can't understand how this can be rated with more than an 5-6.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.3Jan 3, 2016Impressive game. The main story gets a bit bland mid-way but the core game and "monster hunting" fast-paced action is top notch. It sucks youImpressive game. The main story gets a bit bland mid-way but the core game and "monster hunting" fast-paced action is top notch. It sucks you in like very few games can do it: you will feel very tense and on the edge of you seat while fighting two huge and intimidating creatures the size of houses at the same time. The game features lots of customization for both your character (clothing, etc.) and your gaming style: like it close and personal? craft a chainsaw weapon, upgrade it with parts extracted from the monsters you have defeated, then go sever more parts from these huge creatures with it.
Definitively this game is worth a PS Vita if you still don't have one. Fans of the "monster hunting" genre will be very pleased with Freedom Wars.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.4Sep 6, 2015Sublime game, it has become one of my favorites puzzle games of all time. Unique gameplay elements and majestic puzzles accompanied by verySublime game, it has become one of my favorites puzzle games of all time. Unique gameplay elements and majestic puzzles accompanied by very good music. Highly recommended.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.8May 7, 2014Very good game ruined by a broken/buggy AR
The puzzles in this game require you to perfectly align laser beams using reflector panels. YourVery good game ruined by a broken/buggy AR
The puzzles in this game require you to perfectly align laser beams using reflector panels. Your AR cards will become a reflector panel when you put it on the table, you can move the card around to place your panel and turn it to aim the laser to the desired direction. The puzzles are very good and for additional challenge there are 3 coins in each level, increasing the difficulty if you also want to collect these coins.
The expectations end quickly as you realize the game is broken and buggy to the point it is almost unplayable. There are multiple issues:
- You have to play in a perfectly lit area. To much/less light and the game will not recognize the AR cards.
- The virtual elements on the screen will start to shake/tremble for no reason, and this obviously affects your game as the laser beams will shake too, disrupting your (needed to win) perfect aim.
- Sometimes your panels will reset to their initial position for NO reason at all. You'll be carefully aiming your laser and suddenly the panel resets, this is VERY frustrating and a total fun-killer, and it happens constantly, I dare to say that this happens one or two times per puzzle.
- Sometimes the game will not recognize when you put a card on the table, so you'll have to remove it and put it several times until it recognizes it. Considering you have a limited time to solve the puzzle, you will lose precious seconds doing this.
- Some puzzles require the AR cards to be placed very close one another; those cards are huge and this will become a problem when your cards collide or you accidentally move/block one card with another, disrupting your layout.
- The scenario can totally break if you block (e.g. with you hand) the "arena AR card" (the first card you have to put on the table that sets the boundaries of the scenario). If you block this card the game will set any of the other cards on the table as the "arena card", changing the position of the scenario, your layout and basically requiring you to start over.
All of this kill any fun this game might had, also consider that the game is VERY short, only 25 puzzles that can be solved in 40-60 mins (double if you want to collect the coins).
PulzAR had potential to be one of the best AR games on Vita, but these glitches totally ruined it. I tried playing on different surfaces, under different lights (sunlight, yellow light, white light) and nothing fixed it, and it is very unlikely they will fix this. Yes, the game is very cheap, but that's no excuse for developers to deliver a broken and unpolished game.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2Dec 6, 2013What. A. Game! Impressive and touchy story that will grow on you, better than any book or movie I've read or seen, ever. Awesome gameplay, funWhat. A. Game! Impressive and touchy story that will grow on you, better than any book or movie I've read or seen, ever. Awesome gameplay, fun multiplayer, jaw-dropping graphics all of that accompanied with a beautiful musical score. My top favorite game on Vita, hands down.
If you don't have a PS Vita yet, please do yourself a favor and get one WITH this masterpiece of game. Really, what a game...… Expand
Average User Score: 8.4Jun 18, 2013WARNING: this game is luck-based, meaning you can beat it ONLY if you are extremely lucky, like the lottery. Most of the time (99%) the gameWARNING: this game is luck-based, meaning you can beat it ONLY if you are extremely lucky, like the lottery. Most of the time (99%) the game is uber-difficult and almost unbeatable. There are only 5-6 levels to beat but at level 4, if you weren't lucky enough to get "good drops", the game gets insanely difficult and if you die you have to start over AGAIN, making this a total frustration to play.
I'm 8 hours in and I still can't pass level 4 and I haven't beat the game yet, and it's not because I suck at it, this game has little to do with skills, it's because "I'm not lucky enough" to get the essential drops that will help me kill a boss that fires constantly in 8 directions while jumping around dropping flies and vomiting acid, all at the same time, and you only have 2-3 hearts meaning you can only endure 2-6 hits before you are death.
Very good game ruined by insane difficulty and luck-based chances of winning. Don't waste your time with this, specially if you like, you know, beat and see the endings of your games. It gets 2 points because of the concept, gameplay and good music.… Expand