|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 5.8Mar 31, 2014Do not buy this game. Here are some major issues:
1. Sometimes the game will not load your team choices. It will load with players who mayDo not buy this game. Here are some major issues:
1. Sometimes the game will not load your team choices. It will load with players who may have since been traded.
2. The button for "skip replay" is the same button for "pass the ball to the other team." You may be pressing the 'a' button to skip a replay, but because of the sluggishness of Fifa, you end up accidentally passing the ball to the other team, which results in a goal.
3. There is some general laziness in the programming which I could fix with 3 lines of code. EA sports is clearly getting fat off of their monopoly of the FIFA brand name.
4. Weather has a horrible effect on the gameplay. A little rain in real life does not ruin players' first touch like it does in FIFA. Also, the game slows down when it rains, which I wouldn't expect on a next-gen console, but it happens.
5. Real Madrid are vastly overpowered, which is why 95% of people play as them.
6. Defenders don't react to balls played over the top. They often stand still, watching the person who just kicked the ball for a second, just long enough for the forward to run in behind your static defensive line.
7. Prepare to get frustrated with the slow reactions of all your players. The ball will be rolling by them, but they keep running because of laziness of the game developers with the pathing of the players.
8. I'll sum up 6 and 7 just by saying the A.I. in this game is really dumb.
9. The internet connections of 75% of FIFA gamers are terribly slow and laggy. Probably because soccer is mostly enjoyed in third world nations like Brazil which is clearly still on 56k modems.
10. Number 9 could be solved by creating more parameters for matchmaking, such as, "search only in my country" or "in my area" or something.
11. Because EA took out the 5 minute grace period at the beginning of the game in which you could quit if the other opponent had a slow connection and not be penalized with a loss, you must now play a laggy game and try to win, or just quit and take a loss because the other person's connection was unplayable.
12. The game often has frame-rate problems at crucial moments, such as when the opponent is about to shoot at your goal and you want to block it. The game slows down, gets choppy, and the other team probably scores because of it.
I could continue. I could write an entire dissertation about why this game is bad and I will not buy another FIFA game. I feel like I'm wasting my life when I play FIFA even though I don't feel that way when I play other videogames. It's just because FIFA is so poorly constructed and frustrating that the anger builds inside me at the laziness and incompetence of the E.A. programmers in England who make this game. Please boycott FIFA games, they are just capitalizing on the brand name to sell a sub-standard product.… Expand