Average User Score: 7.5Jan 6, 2014Do not buy this game! You have been warned. The game is chock full of bugs as I have yet to be able to actually play the game. I have read about so many other peoples problems and we are now 3+ months after release and it is still not fixed.
The problem that many have is that it simply crashes from the beginning (and yes, I have serious experience with bug tracking and fixing via DLC, patches, fxdiag submittal, registry manipulation and new drivers and OS reinstalls).
Dont support software especially if you cant get your money back!… Expand
Average User Score: 7.6Aug 19, 2012I've played 1 and 2, and both were fun, challenging and had a good story to them. This, is basically a movie and that can be great, but it is so one-sided shoot-em up that it is a bore. Once you've shot your first 1500 bodies, the grind begins to set in.
What happened to the surprising and challenging puzzles? There is ONE thing in this game and that is shooting, all others have been removed. The story is so-so, but passable, but really the challenge is gone. Point, click, push left-mouse button, at times, you use space for picking them off easy. Boring.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.2Mar 7, 2012I haven't played the game, [nahhh, dont stop reading, go on:...] and probably wont.[just a bit more...] Having read what other fans of the series ME1+2 have had to say I will keep my money in my pocket and just comment on this: Why is it that game review magazines seem to have completely gone 'corporate'? Look at the difference between the review and the gamers perspective: "http://www.gamespot.com/mass-effect-3/reviews/mass-effect-3-review-6363906/" Gamespot, which I has always been my guiding star has of late begun completely not focusing on the essentials: Will the gamers actually like what they see? Battlefield 3 was so riddle with bugs it was unplayable. ME3 is so riddled with messy dialogue and bad story line that it seems a travesty to try it out, especially with this DLC being thrown in your face early on. A game is not only good if it has great graphics, sound track and is playable without a patch on day 3. Time to try some Indie games perhaps?
My point is this: If we can't trust the game reviews we read, then we cant trust MetaCritic's scoring either. Thus, MetaCritic needs to exercise some journalistic control on these review sites.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.4Nov 5, 2011What a disappointment. I, like many before me, signed up to write this review exclusively! DON'T BUY THIS GAME - yet! On the positive side:
1. graphics look fantastic
2. cool new login system and matchmaking
3. launch of yet another digital distribution system
on the negative side:
1. the game is riddled with bugs like graphics, physics, connections to server, lag.
2. the online matchmaking system is as of yet crap as there are no proper servers available
3. launching from a browser is fine, but if the game is not preloaded it takes time(got a SSD setup and the works) and if the server for some reason is no good (lag, ping, players, map) then you'll have to quit the game and go back to the browser, just to start over again.
4. did I mention that finding actual servers where there is room to play is limited? Early probably for sure...
5. The settings do not remember your choices even though you confirm three times that "YES I WANT IT". I simply cannot recommend this game, I have seen no changes from the beta to the launch and distributing this game is way too early. Look at the amount of negative feedback, and look how oddly consistent the review sites are in their praise... bought off? I'm probably a conspiracy theorist, but it seems odd that 40% of users reporting on this game is NEGATIVE and further 10% have mixed feelings.
Waste of money because you'll either fail:
1. your computer does not meet the requirements(mine is top of the line)
2. your location is not close enough to the few EA servers available (free servers are not possible, paid service - to ensure "product consistency" probably... sure it's consistently ****
3. your particular OS, drivers, chip set, graphics-card makes the game act just the wrong way.
This game needed another 5 months of re-factoring and code stabilization, as well as some performance measurement and analysis. And the firing what ever sales idiot who pushed this to market ahead of Call of Duty: modern warfare 3.… Expand