Average User Score: 3.5Nov 20, 2015Another sad (but logical) step of DICE degradation under choking rule of EA. Game is pretty and fast to give you "wow moments". And thats it.Another sad (but logical) step of DICE degradation under choking rule of EA. Game is pretty and fast to give you "wow moments". And thats it. Good news ended. After some short time realization comes: you payed for rather mediocore (contentless) sci-fi shooter ages behind old BF games. Just 4 big maps (re-used again in again), filler regimes, more or less cod-style dynamics, bad infantry-armor balance, poor tactical possibilities (who cares... just jump and spam) make game boring very fast. I recommend not bying it before sales.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.4Nov 15, 2015Not a true Fallout game, just clunky pretender, using love of fans and media hype. Boring *bla bla bla* story (no logic, poor writing), weakNot a true Fallout game, just clunky pretender, using love of fans and media hype. Boring *bla bla bla* story (no logic, poor writing), weak RPG elements (elements! its not realy in RPG genre now or even good Action-RPG), console controls (grrrr), senseless grind, bad AI, annoying, forced usage of American Revoulution theme. Generaly, this is just husk of Fallout stripped off all sweet (smarty) things and remade for console generation of young players.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Oct 27, 2015First of all -- this game not just l4d clone. Matters here FAR MORE complicated and interesting. I'm going to give rather detailed review withFirst of all -- this game not just l4d clone. Matters here FAR MORE complicated and interesting. I'm going to give rather detailed review with pros/cons and some suggestions about buying or not.
-- Very fun melee combat, great sense of impact, dynamics and fierce brawl whith hordes of ratmen.
-- Good work with Warhammer setting, atmosphere is captured.
-- Interesting characters (funny dialogs and so on), even some rpg elevents -- all characters have different weapon choices/tactics.
-- Visuals are not something WOW, but rather good for game of this genre.
-- Great teamplay co-op game. Is real something epic to charge with friends shoulder to shoulder for glory or make last stand, to save someone from cruel death or be saved.
-- Developers said that DLC can be played by all party if only one of players buy it. What to say? This is somethign to respect in our greedy times.
-- Price tag is reasonable for fun value.
-- At this stage (week or so after release) game not so perfectly stable. Occasional little bugs and crushes.
-- Game is somewhat repitive in terms of levels. There is 13 "missions", but generally you will be playing them again and again trying to beat higher diffuculty or just farm better items. Game mechanics in this lavels also repeats -- go from A to B, destroy something, collect some cargo, stay against horde.
1) To have full fun and content usage with this game you ABSOLUTLY need 3 friends or some regular gaming companions. Yes, you can play with bots, but they useless on highter difficulties (where all bread and butter lies). Random human parties work mostly better then bots, but... eh... it can be rather frustration experience.
2) There is item farm/craft in game. In some way it adds to interest (its always addictive to improve your gear), but also frustration -- some items is extreamly hard to get with random roll whithout playing A LOT.
3) Game is HARD. Harder then L4D1 and L4D2. To beat game on highest difficulty (and get all this sweet awards and ultimate satisfaction) you need very coordinated and skilled team. When this is interesting challenge for more hardcore games, casual players will be stuck in progress and suffer .
If you like Warhammer setting, co-op games, fair challenge and have friends who eager to join... Get this game. It will give you a lot of fun.
For me it 9 of 10, but I made +1 for dev is indi studio with made nice game.
Sorry for english if its lame.
Average User Score: 9.3May 31, 2015Actual rating is 9, but +1 for fan-friendly policy of CDPR.
Good: - Great story and realistic dialogs with material to think-over, like inActual rating is 9, but +1 for fan-friendly policy of CDPR.
- Great story and realistic dialogs with material to think-over, like in good book (not all this fantasy/sci-fi cliche bla bla bla of last titles of Bioware). I also like swearing in localisation (russian). More funny then offensive. Interesting memorable characters.
- Sense of conflict in world, tension, where everything is complicated and your only choice -- lesser evel. Not crappy fairy-tale about good knights and bad big demon.
- Good pace and balance between story + side quests around. Just in right proportion.
- Big open world, great level disign. Nature is good and extreamly realistic. Villages and towns... oh! Novigrad - best fantasy town IN ALL GAME INDUSTRY IN ALL TIMES. Simply amazing.
- Pretty weapon and amor disign. Some times just pleasure to made and see new items on Gerald. Eye-candy.
- Integrated card-game. Simple, but enjoyble.
Not so good:
- Im not a fun of open world filled with markers "to visit" (more Assassin Creed way).
- Rather agressive scaling of encounters by level, annoying after DS2 where you can kill anyone with just skill (or Skyrim - with... time).
- Combat system is not ideal. Better then in Witcher 2, but still more or less mechanical (simple pattern - defence spell - strike - roll back wins 99% encounters with no use of brain). Skyrim-like healing, when you eat tonns of food during actual fight.
- Clumsy inventory.
Must have and play for every RPG fan and veteran. Buy it, will worth every coin you spend during hours and hours of adventures : )… Expand
Average User Score: 5.6May 3, 2012Graphics: very mediocore for 2012 game. Animation: just wierd
Voice acting: terrible, sounds like school theatre.
Music: not bad. Cutscenes:Graphics: very mediocore for 2012 game. Animation: just wierd
Voice acting: terrible, sounds like school theatre.
Music: not bad.
Cutscenes: like in early 2000s, nothing to say more.
Story: privitive and linear, big monster, mega weapon (in pieces) etc.
NPC: faceless, and have very little appearence variation.
Dialogues: unmemorable, always tempting to skip them. Quests: find/talk/lkill in different order.
Roleplaying: minimal most time.
Combat system: primitive, just klick left mouse faster and eat healing things.
World: tiny ilands/coasts (half of them - for 1 visit), all towns - 4-5 houses.
Replayability: almost zero.
General idea: Good.
Realization: Bad.… Expand