Average User Score: 4.4Apr 25, 2014I wrote a very negative review for Fifa 14 because it is a very bad game. The balancing is horrendous.
Fifa 14 is basically a header andI wrote a very negative review for Fifa 14 because it is a very bad game. The balancing is horrendous.
Fifa 14 is basically a header and lob pass simulator. If you know how to do a lob pass or how to cross the ball. You don't really need to know how to do anything else. Because everything else is not balanced properly. Headers are extremely overpowered because the defenders are completely retarded. The crosses are always way too accurate.
But this review is NOT ABOUT FIFA 14. This review is for World Cup 2014. And I am rather surprised by the negative feedback. Some people are even bringing up overpowered headers. Headers are actually very improved in this game. Crossing is far more realistic with lots of errors just like in real life. In FIFA 14 almost every cross is perfect. In the World Cup game it depends on the skill of the player, the way it is supposed to be. The lob passes are defended better. Although still slightly overpowered.
Overall the gameplay is WAY better then Fifa 14. It basically makes Fifa 14 an obsolete game. I don't even want to play it anymore. It's a piece of trash as far as I'm concerned.
Give me the World Cup game over the unbalanced Fifa 14 any day.
The "professional reviews" that favor Fifa 14 over the World Cup game clearly don't play soccer games.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.8Jan 8, 2014I literally spent $600 because I love playing Fifa. I was so sad with the fact that this game although superior graphically is practicallyI literally spent $600 because I love playing Fifa. I was so sad with the fact that this game although superior graphically is practically identical in gameplay to its Xbox 360 counterpart. Which wouldn't be a major problem if it wasn't for the fact that HEADERS and LOB PASSES are grossly over powered. And EA has done absolutely nothing to fix this. They promised a fix for this when the game was first released. They have since released several patches. One of them was aimed at fixing this problem. It however failed and no further attempt has been made. Online play has now been watered down to who can score the most headers and connect on the most through balls. Literally 75% of goals scored in FUT are either a header or a lob pass. I actually counter. Yes I love the game that much. I really had a lot of hope for it. I was severely dissapointed.
It is time for someone else to have a shot at SOCCER, EA are clearly not the company to run the flagship. PES is not really a solution either they have their own problems. It is time for someone else to step into the game.
This review is more of an outcry for change then a call for people not to buy the product. Fifa is a great game it just needs some simple fixes which EA stubbornly refuses to make.… Expand
Average User Score: 4.2Oct 31, 2013I had reviewed this game on Sep 30 2013 when EA promised a patch that would fix the issues. I gave a 6 because the game at the time had someI had reviewed this game on Sep 30 2013 when EA promised a patch that would fix the issues. I gave a 6 because the game at the time had some promise. There were issues that completely broke the game but they promised to fix them.
Now it is October 31st 2013. And I can only say one thing DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I spent many many hours playing FUT 13. I only play maybe 1-2 games a week of FUT 14. Only to remind myself how awful the game is. Then I go back to doing whatever else I was doing.
I will discuss the good and the bad in some detail.
Let's start with the good:
1) Great game modes. FUT is immensely popular and extremely addictive. There are tons of people to play quick online games with. The games are extremely competitive.
2) The licenses EA has make it possible to play with a large array of different teams and players.
3) The game is no longer extremely dependent on the speed of the player. With Fifa 13 everything hinged on how fast a player was. If he was slow everything else was rendered useless by his inability to keep up with anyone on the pitch. Fifa 14 does a better job of balancing passing, dribbling and others.
4) The game can be fun. And they may still fix the issues I just don't understand what is taking so long.
Now on to the BAD:
1) The AI is a monstrosity. Especially when it comes to defense. In all facets of the game you will find yourself absolutely furious at the terrible decisions your players make.
2) When it comes to online play there is an enormous emphasis on heading the ball. Headers are extremely over powered. I mean EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED. People are no longer using players like Aguero and turn to players like Benteke and Carrol instead because they can head the ball. This goes well with #1 the defenders do a PATHETIC job of defending headers. Absolutely pathetic.
3) Corners are extremely unrealistic. You are more likely to concede a goal due to a header then any other build up play short of a penalty kick. Again this goes with #1 and #2. Heading is way overpowered and the AI to defend corners is just criminal.
4) The full press tactic in Ultimate Team and Seasons is again extremely overpowered. Basically you can just sprint after the ball all game long and never get tired. Turns the game into a through ball fest.
5) Lob Passes are grossly overpowered. This is mostly due to the fact that defenders have no idea how to defend against them.
Overall I am being very generous giving this game a 3. It is a very broken game.
What makes matters much worse is that EA has not released a patch in almost a month. This tells me that they blatantly do not care.
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Wait until Xbox One comes out. That one should be better.… Expand