Average User Score: 4.1Sep 20, 2013After 30 hours in Rome 2 Total Waste I felt obliged to express my Total Disappointment with this long awaited game.
I will not repeat theAfter 30 hours in Rome 2 Total Waste I felt obliged to express my Total Disappointment with this long awaited game.
I will not repeat the complaints about the state of the game (AI, UI, Family Tree etc.), instead I will make some simple observations:
After getting sick of the dismal display of BAI I autoresolve everything.
The same applies to the naval battles with the added bonus of not being able to properly control the ships.
98% of the battles are sieges. The other 2% is because I was lucky to have found the AI on the road.
How is it possible for me to start a war and then at the same turn the AI says "It's ok mate! Let's make peace!!!" when I send him a peace treaty?
Why every faction looks and plays the same? I loved Rome 1 and Medieval 2 for their varied way of waging war.
Capture the flag was funny in Battlefield 1942 and we had a great time with my friends. Especially when one of my teammates crashed a plane on the other team, so we could get in and capture the flag unmolested. Capture the flag is OK for action games, not RTS battles with historic precision (another lie this one).
Warhammer and W40K magical abilities for the units are in line with that game's world. The ancient civilizations didn't have anything like that. At all.
Ships were build. Not hocus pocushed on the shore.
The bugs, CTDs and similar glitches don't bother me at all. Even the low quality graphics. I am a player for 25 years now. I started playing when the pixels where the size of my hand on screen, so it doesn't matter. But my 1500 dollar machine should be at least be able to run smoothly. All I get is way too low FpS and sudden lags in the game. And not even at the highest settings possible.
Finally as an afterthought I won't only blame SEGA and CA for this low quality, buggy, broken and boring game. I will blame me for preordering. I made the same mistake with Dragon Age 2. Now I know that I'm on the right path Kickstarting Games that I really like.
The score is calculated from the following:
Replay Value: 1/10
Value/Money: 1/10… Expand