Average User Score: 2.7Apr 29, 2013Well where to start? I love Star Trek, and you'd think a game with a good writer on board, and solid voice acting from all the cast of the reboot would be good. Unfortunately it isn't. It's clear that this game was released in a highly unfinished state.
It has less polish than a dusty old cabinet in a shed, and more bugs then the insect house at Chester Zoo. Allow me to elaborate. The game is clearly designed to be played with a human co-op partner. If you have to rely on the AI, you're in for a lousy time.
- Your AI character (Spock in my case) will very often get confused by simple things such as walls and just run into them
- When ordered to unlock a door or hack something he will very often just stand there
- On one occasion I was downed in a gun battle. Did Spock heal me? No he just stood there looking and I had to restart and entire section
- The jumping mechanics are a joke
- The graphics would have been an embarrassment as a 360 launch title
I honestly don't know how anyone can rate this game above 3 stars. It claims to have 'Mass Effect' style gameplay. That's a huge insult to Bioware and anyone involved with the Mass Effect universe. This game does not even deserve to lick Commander Shepard's boots.
Truly awful stuff. If you don't believe me, rent before you buy!… Expand