Average User Score: 8.4Nov 6, 2014This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Interstellar very much, though I think it is not a perfect film.
First, I have several problems with Interstellar.
1) One is that Dylan Thomas quote, "Do not go gentle into that good night" is too literal for the situation. It irritated me that Nolan decided to quote it over and over.
2) Matt Damon's character was obviously going to go bugnuts and off everyone. This was telegraphed the moment he woke up.
3) Adult Murph, played by Jessica Chastain, burned the corn. I thought she was pretty desperate to help her sister-in-law and niece, because she might end up burning them with the corn.
4) Tom (Casey Affleck) comes back after putting out the fire, Jessica Chastain tells him (I think) their dad was talking to them through her watch and hugs him. With Murph's boyfriend Topher standing there with a tire wrench, Tom might conclude that Murph was burgling his house, or might even realize she started the fire, which she did. I fully expected him to punch her for coming back to their house.
1) I truly bought the idea man will stop exploring space and start saying the Moon landing was a lie. We are stupid enough to do that to ourselves.
2) I fully support this movie's pro-space agenda. It has its flaws, but I pray that it will be a box-office hit and have us looking to the stars again.
3) I love the space scenes, especially the wormhole and the black hole.
4) I love the space colony scene in the end, with people living in huge cylinders.
5) Chastain/Foy/Burstyn fully sold me on their father/daughter relationship with McConaughey. This is very important in accepting the film.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.8May 16, 2013Love the movie, very watchable for me. I think if you're not a fan, you'll enjoy yourself, it's action-packed, funny, full of quirkyLove the movie, very watchable for me. I think if you're not a fan, you'll enjoy yourself, it's action-packed, funny, full of quirky relationships. If you're a fan, it can go two ways. You reject this as a desecration of the original TV series or you'll embrace it as a jazzy improvisation of the original. I'm that third option. Funny enough, I don't mind the changes, and I love it that they keep winking at the old ones, without getting in the way of the story.… Expand