Average User Score: 8.6Sep 25, 2012This game deserves every 10/10 ratings given! It fast paced, challenging, tonnes of loots, tonnes of side quests and many more things to beThis game deserves every 10/10 ratings given! It fast paced, challenging, tonnes of loots, tonnes of side quests and many more things to be done in the game. It just keeps getting more and more interesting. And the best part is, its mod-able and has so many great potentials. The developers marketing the game at $20 had definitely under priced it.… Expand
Average User Score: 4.0Sep 6, 2012The Good
- Great background music and voice acting.
- Graphic details are pretty great. - Couple of new features which never did exists onThe Good
- Great background music and voice acting.
- Graphic details are pretty great.
- Couple of new features which never did exists on other convention RPG/HnS series before.
- Well tested game as it contains almost no bug (at least non which renders the game unplayable)
- Boring leveling system where character skill customization and stats is pretty much next to nil.
- Unbalanced game play and character progression where is it quite impossible to play the game till Inferno mode without using the auction house (well maybe if you play in groups).
- Has an in-game economy system which should not exist on Single Play RPG games (I will emphasize on this very often because Blizzard did not market the game as MMORPG as it should be).
- Item drop rates are very low which leads to dull constant farming run.
- Once you reach max level on your character you lose purpose to play on (even with the new paragon system). - Low level legendary items have almost no impact to the game because it's somewhat impossible to find, thus you can only acquire them mostly on AH again. This makes the items meaningless unlike DII where you will constantly change gears which you find on your own.
- Quests are very linear, guided and not very rewarding. One simple accomplish them to progress the game unlike DII where you get unique services (item imbue) or items (stat books)
- Part of the game story and monsters are very much retold/reuse from previous games in the series which is extremely dull because players would want something new and surprising. Even map themes are a copy from DI and DII.
- Requires constant internet connection to play (sometimes lag spikes appears and kills you)
- Blizzard controls and locks players freedom to play. Gives players pressure to farm for items and gold for progression itself alone which is annoying and no fun for a game! All these should be optional on how a players wants to play. This is a problem with Blizzard these days. They simply dishes out how things should be and expect everyone to follow blindly. - Open maps are very static and even though dungeons are random generated each time it's relatively very similar.
Tonnes of other stuff which I find difficult to put into words but this game just doesn't have what it takes to attract me to play at all. Even the achievements are ridiculous. It just feels dull and have no purpose unlike it's predecessor.
To sum everything up (for those who are lazy to read), this game is definitely not worth the price/time and it is simply living on the legacy of its predecessor. I can't say the game is repetitive because I once did a 4 hours run on Mephisto in DII. No idea why I did that (for items or for the sake of leveling) either way, this game just don't seem to have the same attraction.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.0Dec 13, 2011This game is pretty polished. However it's not really meant for everyone. It requires heavy team play and objectives are pretty bland. TheThis game is pretty polished. However it's not really meant for everyone. It requires heavy team play and objectives are pretty bland. The arsenals are alright and pretty well balanced in my opinion. The GUI menus are confusing. The developers are trying to create a menu system which caters for both PC and console platform which is isn't that bad but still nothing compared to full PC menu GUIs.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.0Jul 19, 2011This is the first COD title I bought...well, original ones anyways. I was really looking forward to the multiplay. However, Treyarch ruined itThis is the first COD title I bought...well, original ones anyways. I was really looking forward to the multiplay. However, Treyarch ruined it all. The multiplayer is seemingly crashing for no reason. I've tried contacting the support and they close my case indicating there is nothing they can do about it. Developers are not taking any measures and they even confirmed by publicly announcing they are not looking to fix the issue. Unless you don't mind the performance issues and random multiplayer crashes, the single play still offers "some" fun but nothing compared to COD:MW series.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.4Jul 19, 2011Not as fun if compared to F3. F3 seem to have more substance in terms of the storyline and its sub quests. But FNV is not all bad. I wouldNot as fun if compared to F3. F3 seem to have more substance in terms of the storyline and its sub quests. But FNV is not all bad. I would give it a solid 9 if it wasn't for the horrible in-game bugs. Some of these bugs even render certain side & unmarked quests not completable.… Expand
Average User Score: 4.6Jul 19, 2011Thank god for Steam who released a demo version for this game. Tried it and got disgusted with it. DS III is really an insult to the DSThank god for Steam who released a demo version for this game. Tried it and got disgusted with it. DS III is really an insult to the DS series. I strongly recommend potential buyers to try out the demo version before landing it.… Expand