|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 3.6Aug 19, 2013Since developers are not answering on the bug reports pages and not fixing big issues like:
- crashing steam
- crash to desktop due to LUASince developers are not answering on the bug reports pages and not fixing big issues like:
- crashing steam
- crash to desktop due to LUA unhandled exceptions
- sound bugs
- permanent connection issues for a lot of people at rush hour (you can't play more than 5 minutes, sometimes even 20 sec)
Well I guess a big negative score on metacritic will do the trick, simcity style.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Jul 29, 2012Boring game, nice but boring. Same thing than Civilization 3 (the only other one I played): play a couple of games when you're really boredBoring game, nice but boring. Same thing than Civilization 3 (the only other one I played): play a couple of games when you're really bored then put back in its box where it belongs.
Couple of things that annoyed me:
- no real information accessible (like: how many happiness this town is generating ? from what ?) so you never know what to do when you capture a new city
- stupid, dumb, irrational AI ever: I am at war with some Civ, we make peace, another Civ crushes them, I liberate them, they're on guard towards me (despite the liberation..) then 20 rounds later, when they spawn one pikeman, they decide its a good thing to declare war on me (with my numerous tanks and foreign legion, good going AI!)
- advisors interface completely designed by indian staff (yes offense): like 10 pages saying the same thing about which city is best to develop military units (instead of putting it on one page...)
- talking about the advisors: they're high, and I mean real high: I am at war with a more powerful CIV (at least I guess in term of number of units) and Im kicking their asses (like 13 victories on 15 battles -> resulting in destruction of enemy units) and still the military advisor tells me the war is going bad.
- nasty scrolling bug when you click on next turn: if you go on some side of the screen, it will scroll forever until the end of opponent actions
- automatic selection of unit horrible: like you manually select an unit at some critical place in the game (like a big fight), it will then go somewhere else completely (despite the fact you actually shown interest for THIS specific place), ok maybe there was a setting for that, I didnt look for it.
- there is no automatic focus on enemy / ally movement sometimes so you might miss what is happening (not when it involves you - thanks god)
If you want the rolls of management game, try Anno series, if you want the rolls of Turn based strategy / fighting game (well the fighting is more deep so it might not be the best choice for you), try Total War series...… Expand