Average User Score: 2.8Sep 14, 2014Don't judge this book by its menus...Yes the menus are literally identical to NHL 14. The presentation is also exactly the same. But that isDon't judge this book by its menus...Yes the menus are literally identical to NHL 14. The presentation is also exactly the same. But that is where the casual eye has been fooled. If you are a casual NHL gamer, NHL 14 will do fine for you. However, if you are a hardcome HUT/GM fan of the NHL series, there is far more under the hood than the photo-copied exterior shows. There have been two main changes to the NHL 15 this year: rosters and gameplay. New rosters could be enough for a hardcore NHL gamer to warrant the annual purchase. While EA clearly had its hands full with the next-gen version, they obviously wanted to make improvements to the 360 and PS3 version of the game, but had to choose how to spend their limited time. So the menus and presentation were sacrifised for a number of great changes to gameplay.
- New heavier puck physics. While this doesnt sound like much, it actually is a massive improvement from the badminton birdie puck of years past.
- More realistic shooting accuracy. Players with low accuracy shoot the puck like they should...missing the barn door by 12 feet. And the backhand is awesome!
- Better skating. Yes, the players feel more weighty and realistic.
- Improved player physics. Each and every player interacts with each other in all situations. Momentum makes a difference now. You can take out your own players. You can send goalies flying! Also the hitting is much more realistic and does not feel like you are starting an animation.
- Goalies are more realistic. In this I mean they are actually weaker than before. But this is good! No more superhuman goalies!
- Smarter AI. Finally, the AI angles players into the boards and cuts off the front of the net. No more skate in, cut to the middle and snipe top corner.
- New commentators. Not sure what to say here. Ray Ferraro sounds great. Doc and Ed are okay at best.
- Overall gameplay: improved, fine tuned, realistic, much better than NHL 14.
That is enough for any hardcore NHL gamer.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.2Jun 29, 2013In my humble opinion, Borderlands 2 is the best game in this console generation and perhaps ever made. Imagine a game that combines theIn my humble opinion, Borderlands 2 is the best game in this console generation and perhaps ever made. Imagine a game that combines the replayability, and addictiveness of Diablo, with its loot drops and RPG elements, with the gameplay of a Call of Duty game. Pure genius! This game is amazing and the DLCs are superb. If you have not played either games, do yourself a favour and pick up Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, which features all 4 DLCs and is packed with hours upon hours upon hours upon hours of great gaming fun. Then, after you have levelled all 4 characters up to 61, you can pick up B2. If you love shooters and are a sucker for loot drops and RPGing, Borderlands 2 will not disappoint. Does anything even come close? Only Borderlands 1.… Expand
Average User Score: 5.3Jun 27, 2013Great for fans of the series...if the bugs and server issues get fixed. A patch is vital to this game being more than mediocre. I would haveGreat for fans of the series...if the bugs and server issues get fixed. A patch is vital to this game being more than mediocre. I would have paid the 60 bucks for a smooth and complete Spartacus fighter. Instead, the developers urge players to go to the bank and pay 150 bucks for gold coins for the full game experience. This game as of now is not worth one dollar as it is nearly impossible to get on the servers. I am a die-hard Spartacus fan and a so-so fighter fan, so this game should be perfect for me. But will it get fixed? If it does and you can look past the pay scheme and the somewhat clunky fighter responses, this Tribute to all things gladiator might be just what the summer ordered. Right now, I think I will play some borderlands 2 or injustice, at least until the servers get fixed. I give the game a 8 based on it getting fixed. No fix, this game gets a 3.… Expand