6.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 5, 2019
    Despite not being the best Kirby game, this game still has plenty of charm and love.
  2. Jun 5, 2020
    Nevera played the original Wii version. so this is completely new for me. im judging it as a new game and nos as a port. I really enjoyed it! I think art is really good and you can appreciate it even on a small 3ds screen. its a shame they didn't convert it to be fully 3d compatible. Thats my only complain.
    but otherwise, is a great platformer and a great addition to the 3ds library
    but otherwise, is a great platformer and a great addition to the 3ds library and to my Kirby collection games on the system.
  3. Mar 15, 2019
    it's a extremely fun and unique game. it's a remake of Kirby's epic yarn which bringed Kirby back from it's 3 year hiatus. The gameplay manages to keep you interested as you discover new secrets and find new ways to finish the level. it's very different from a traditional kirby game but it's worth getting.
  4. Mar 10, 2019
    My God this is soo fun. Probably one of the last great 3DS games that we will remember. Modes are great. Amazing artwork. One of the more unique Kirby games.

5. Mar 8, 2019
    Finally! A good 3DS Kirby game. (Besides Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot). I'm sorry, but Kirby has gone downhill after Planet Robobot. We got the subpar E-shop titles. The mediocre spinoff Battle Royale. There was also Star Allies, which I complained about already for how bland, uninspired, easy, and forgettable I thought the game was. Sadly, the best Kirby game since 2017 is a port of aFinally! A good 3DS Kirby game. (Besides Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot). I'm sorry, but Kirby has gone downhill after Planet Robobot. We got the subpar E-shop titles. The mediocre spinoff Battle Royale. There was also Star Allies, which I complained about already for how bland, uninspired, easy, and forgettable I thought the game was. Sadly, the best Kirby game since 2017 is a port of a nearly decade old Wii game. If you were a fan of Epic Yarn, you're gonna love this as it adds "extra" content like a harder mode (great for people who complain about how easy the main game is). Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2019
    A very cute game from beginning to end. If Kirby games are meant for 6 years and above, this one would fall more into the 4 and above category as there is no way to get a game over and would serve as a perfect entry level game for any child. It's child-like charm was not a hindrance to me though, Kirby is Kirby!
  7. Jun 30, 2019
    Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn. Is consider one of my LEAST favorite Games out of my entire life. Out of any remake Games on the 3DS, THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST REMAKE GAME THAT I EVER PLAYED ON MY ENTIRE LIFE SO FAR! I don’t even know how to start this off with. For One, they took away the easy parts and challenges in Kirby’s Epic Yarn, for starters I really like the game (I’m talking aboutKirby’s Extra Epic Yarn. Is consider one of my LEAST favorite Games out of my entire life. Out of any remake Games on the 3DS, THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST REMAKE GAME THAT I EVER PLAYED ON MY ENTIRE LIFE SO FAR! I don’t even know how to start this off with. For One, they took away the easy parts and challenges in Kirby’s Epic Yarn, for starters I really like the game (I’m talking about Kirby’s Epic Yarn one of my favorite). Two, they didn’t have Multiplayer, of course just like Poochy & Yoshi Woolly World (Which this game actually is a good remake). Three, They added Ravel Ball which is like Kirby Copy Abilities, Expect they make this WAY to easy. Because This Game is practically a Joke. And I really like Kirby’s Epic Yarn Challenges. But now, getting all of the collectables make this WAY too easy. Four, They also Added Devilish Mode, Which is a Terrible Idea. They Expected for you is to get as much lives as possible to get some rewards (Which I’m NOT Getting them all). Five, It was the only Kirby Game That I dislike the most so far, and the sad part is, it’s the only Kirby Game that I hated it, and it’s one of my favorite series. And Six, This Game is kinda of just like Paper Mario Sticker Star (Which I don’t actually hate this). For the record, This Game is Pretty Bad to any other people who’s play a Kirby Game and if you played Kirby’s Epic Yarn, DON’T PLAYED THIS GAME! And if you actually like This Game. That’s Fine. But I really Wish I could of Liked this Game too. For Now, it will be My Paper Mario Sticker Star, til people started to get mad at me. 0 out of 10, consider this my least and only Kirby Game that I ever played on my whole life. This Ruined My lovability to Kirby's Epic Yarn. THANK GOD THE 3DS IS DEAD!?!?! >:( Expand
  8. Jun 14, 2019
    The screen of the 3ds is just to small for this game. Many enemies hit you before you can see them. The game lacks exciting power ups and good levels. I only enjoyed the last two worlds from the total 8. The music is garbage and so is the voiceacting and the story. Even the controls feel very stiff for a Nintendo game. Biggest disapointment of the year for sure.
  9. Mar 11, 2019
    Really? Yarn? Kirby is the best video game franchise in history and the series resorts to making games aimed at kids where the characters are made of yarn? Who came up this garbage? The game is way too easy and boring. No fun at all!
  10. Mar 5, 2022
    I've always sorta liked Kirby games, but I don't think they're all that. I really like this one though it feels like Kirby meets Yoshi's Island, it's pretty damn good and I like the level design.
  11. Aug 30, 2019
    I honestly would give this game a 10 however the 3ds is not really made for it it fits more for the wii and Wii U version cause of their hardware
  12. Mar 29, 2021
    i would give this a 100% there is nothing wrong with it
    The art is amazing great themes music also well done and the story is also amazing! The sound effects is great and it is imaginative it is such a great game!
  13. Nov 12, 2021
    My Score:

(6) - Fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The game has a lot of charm and personality, there are some absolutely great ideas at play, but sadly the level design can be a bit jarring and boring. There is absolutely fun to be had, but the game has a lot of wasted potential.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 46 Critic Reviews

1. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Aug 28, 2019
    This feels like pants that are pre-ripped for some reason, as opposed to the charming comfort of what came before. [Issue #39 – May/June 2019, p. 70]
  2. May 13, 2019
    There's enough on display here that, if you were a big fan of Kirby's Epic Yarn, you could get at least get a couple more hours of entertainment out of it. However, assuming you’re not a big fan, than I would suggest waiting for something with a bit more substance to come out, which should be around Metroid Prime 4’s release.
  3. Apr 22, 2019
    Almost nine years and Kirby's Epic Yarn is still one of the cutest platforms ever made. And it works very well also on the Nintendo 3DS.