8.2

1. Jan 13, 2019
    Remember playing Mario & Luigi games on my DS. It takes all elements of the original. Graphics feel more polished. For some reason I prefer the original. All in all this is a great port.

2. Jan 11, 2019
    This is basically the third polishing of an otherwise gem of a game. If you picked up the last version on 3DS then you have the bulk of the game. The new missions and extra story are the whip cream and cherry on the sundae. Visuals also appear to have gotten a polish. Even though the old visuals on the last game weren’t bad. Definitely worth dusting off the old 3DS to play. HighlyThis is basically the third polishing of an otherwise gem of a game. If you picked up the last version on 3DS then you have the bulk of the game. The new missions and extra story are the whip cream and cherry on the sundae. Visuals also appear to have gotten a polish. Even though the old visuals on the last game weren’t bad. Definitely worth dusting off the old 3DS to play. Highly recommended! Expand
  3. Jan 11, 2019
    I adored the original, and this version easily lives up to it. It retains all the charm, battles, and story from the original. It also has some new content and feels more polished than the original. It's not a ten though, as the Bowser Jr mode is only okay. But still, this game is really enjoyable, and is one of the best 3DS remakes/ports.
  4. Jan 15, 2019
    If you're the kind of person who does not like turn-based games, just like me, this game is for you. It's a good introduction to this world, the story, the fun game-play, all the interactions that the game offers, the graphic part that is very beautiful and flashy, the game literally invites you to several hours of fun, totally recommended!
  5. Jan 25, 2019
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is my favourite Mario & Luigi game. This is a remake of that game, so it's hardly any surprise that I've enjoyed playing this. What makes Bowser's Inside Story so good? The gameplay, music, and story are all excellent. You can play as Bowser, and he's one of the main characters (that's more satisfying than I can put to words). There are someMario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is my favourite Mario & Luigi game. This is a remake of that game, so it's hardly any surprise that I've enjoyed playing this. What makes Bowser's Inside Story so good? The gameplay, music, and story are all excellent. You can play as Bowser, and he's one of the main characters (that's more satisfying than I can put to words). There are some improvements in this version, too. For example, there are fewer mandatory tutorials from what I can tell.

It gets a 9 instead of a 10 from me for these reasons:
    1. While the Bowser Jr.'s Journey mode has funny dialogue, the gameplay hasn't really engaged me (I feel the same about Bowser's Minions from the Superstar Saga remake).
    2. From what I can tell, you can't save by pressing the Start button, and saving can only be done by hitting blocks. As a feature present in the Superstar Saga remake, the seeming omission of saving pretty much anywhere feels a bit odd.
    3. No 3D! Why?

There are 4 Mario & Luigi games for 3DS now. If you want to get just one, go with this one.
  6. Feb 4, 2019
    Because this game is a remake of an already fantastic game, it can't really get a low score. The gameplay is a lot of fun and the writing is fantastic. Bowser Jr.'s Journey is a fun mode to play, but also play the original or else it might get boring. It's just fantastic and if you haven't played the original, you should play it. If you did already play the original, you should still buyBecause this game is a remake of an already fantastic game, it can't really get a low score. The gameplay is a lot of fun and the writing is fantastic. Bowser Jr.'s Journey is a fun mode to play, but also play the original or else it might get boring. It's just fantastic and if you haven't played the original, you should play it. If you did already play the original, you should still buy it because it's a lot of fun replaying the original with all the little new things. Expand
  7. Feb 7, 2019
    One of the best remakes of all time, it has all characteristics from that glorious game of the DS, with the new game mode of Bowser Jr it makes it better than it is as it happens with the Superstar Saga remake
  8. Feb 4, 2019
    Honestly, this port was one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. For context, the original BIS is one of my favorite games of all time. The game has so much charm, personality, humor, and little details that make it absolutely amazing. Ok, now get rid of all of that and you have this remake. It feels so soulless compared to the original. It removes so much funny dialog, someHonestly, this port was one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. For context, the original BIS is one of my favorite games of all time. The game has so much charm, personality, humor, and little details that make it absolutely amazing. Ok, now get rid of all of that and you have this remake. It feels so soulless compared to the original. It removes so much funny dialog, some sound effects are missing, and some voice lines are way less expressive than in the original. The graphics are kind of better, but in some places the original does look better. The gameplay is pretty much the same as before. So, if your ok with playing a game with no soul, you can at least have some fun turn-based battles. However, Bowser's Inside Story isn't the only adventure in this game. Bowser Jr has his own adventure in the form of Bowser Jr's Journey. Bowser Jr's Journey is absolutely amazing. It's everything I would have wanted from a sequel to the Bowser's Minions mode from the Superstar Saga remake. This side-mode has way more charm and personality than the main game. Bowser Jr had me laughing in almost every cutscene due to his interactions with other characters. The gameplay is also a huge improvement over Bowser's Minions. The gameplay involves recruiting different enemies from the Mario series to build your own team to fight in some real time battles. You can see what your enemies team is and change your team formation to fit your needs. Depending on what minions and team formation you use, you can do some special attacks and get some stat buffs like more defense or more health. The story also does a great job tying into the original story in BIS while adding to the story in interesting ways. I won't get into the story in detail here mostly because of spoilers though. It is still somewhat luck based and will require a good amount of grinding from time to time which can make it frustrating at points. Overall, Bowser Jr's Journey is an amazing expansion that's weighed down by a disappointing remake of an otherwise amazing game. Separately, I would give Bowser's Inside Story a 1/10 and give Bowser Jr's Journey a 9/10. Together however is a hard call to make. If Bowser Jr's Journey looks interesting to you or you have no way of getting the original game then I'd say get it, but if you were a big fan of the original game, aren't interested in Bowser Jr's Journey, have easy access to the original game on DS, or if you're looking for the classic Mario and Luigi experience then don't get this game. I should probably score the game higher, but if Nintendo is going undersell the actual good part of this game and overshadow it with worth soulless garbage than I'm going to overshadow the good with the bad.
  9. Feb 19, 2019
    I used to play the ds version, so when this was announced I bought it. It just as good; the improvements equal the problems. I haven't played the original in a couple of years and still noticed some obvious changes which left a bad taste in my mouth, but there were also some improvements like the Bowser Jr. story.
    This game can't decide if it wants to be easy or hard, as some of the
    This game can't decide if it wants to be easy or hard, as some of the bosses are leagues easier, and some miles harder. Most bosses were pretty easy, being defeated in 5 turns or less, but some bosses like the Durmite, which was already difficult, was somehow even harder and gave me a bad time. The challenge modes are easier because it stays at the same pace the entire time and the objectives are much quicker, so its really about patience and not skill.
    The game is almost how I remember it and I give it an 8.5/10.

1. Feb 21, 2019
    Everything fun from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story gets a facelift, but what's new might not be special enough for another purchase.
  2. Feb 15, 2019
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr’s Journey is a one-two punch of fun, casual and amusing gameplay, complete with all the expected charm, humor, and challenge expected of a game in the Mario Universe. Bowser’s Inside Story is one of the more odd and varied titles I’ve ever played, but it is a little too easy. The overall product combines several of the best game styles into one, yet the final product feels incredibly cohesive and is a must play modern Mario experience.
  3. Feb 12, 2019