7.5

1. Jan 13, 2019
    Remember playing Mario & Luigi games on my DS. It takes all elements of the original. Graphics feel more polished. For some reason I prefer the original. All in all this is a great port.

2. Jan 11, 2019
    This is basically the third polishing of an otherwise gem of a game. If you picked up the last version on 3DS then you have the bulk of the game. The new missions and extra story are the whip cream and cherry on the sundae. Visuals also appear to have gotten a polish. Even though the old visuals on the last game weren’t bad. Definitely worth dusting off the old 3DS to play. HighlyThis is basically the third polishing of an otherwise gem of a game. If you picked up the last version on 3DS then you have the bulk of the game. The new missions and extra story are the whip cream and cherry on the sundae. Visuals also appear to have gotten a polish. Even though the old visuals on the last game weren’t bad. Definitely worth dusting off the old 3DS to play. Highly recommended! Expand
  3. Jan 11, 2019
    I adored the original, and this version easily lives up to it. It retains all the charm, battles, and story from the original. It also has some new content and feels more polished than the original. It's not a ten though, as the Bowser Jr mode is only okay. But still, this game is really enjoyable, and is one of the best 3DS remakes/ports.
  4. Jan 15, 2019
    If you're the kind of person who does not like turn-based games, just like me, this game is for you. It's a good introduction to this world, the story, the fun game-play, all the interactions that the game offers, the graphic part that is very beautiful and flashy, the game literally invites you to several hours of fun, totally recommended!
  5. Jan 25, 2019
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is my favourite Mario & Luigi game. This is a remake of that game, so it's hardly any surprise that I've enjoyed playing this. What makes Bowser's Inside Story so good? The gameplay, music, and story are all excellent. You can play as Bowser, and he's one of the main characters (that's more satisfying than I can put to words). There are someMario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is my favourite Mario & Luigi game. This is a remake of that game, so it's hardly any surprise that I've enjoyed playing this. What makes Bowser's Inside Story so good? The gameplay, music, and story are all excellent. You can play as Bowser, and he's one of the main characters (that's more satisfying than I can put to words). There are some improvements in this version, too. For example, there are fewer mandatory tutorials from what I can tell.

It gets a 9 instead of a 10 from me for these reasons:
    1. While the Bowser Jr.'s Journey mode has funny dialogue, the gameplay hasn't really engaged me (I feel the same about Bowser's Minions from the Superstar Saga remake).
    2. From what I can tell, you can't save by pressing the Start button, and saving can only be done by hitting blocks. As a feature present in the Superstar Saga remake, the seeming omission of saving pretty much anywhere feels a bit odd.
    3. No 3D! Why?

There are 4 Mario & Luigi games for 3DS now. If you want to get just one, go with this one.
  6. Feb 4, 2019
    Because this game is a remake of an already fantastic game, it can't really get a low score. The gameplay is a lot of fun and the writing is fantastic. Bowser Jr.'s Journey is a fun mode to play, but also play the original or else it might get boring. It's just fantastic and if you haven't played the original, you should play it. If you did already play the original, you should still buyBecause this game is a remake of an already fantastic game, it can't really get a low score. The gameplay is a lot of fun and the writing is fantastic. Bowser Jr.'s Journey is a fun mode to play, but also play the original or else it might get boring. It's just fantastic and if you haven't played the original, you should play it. If you did already play the original, you should still buy it because it's a lot of fun replaying the original with all the little new things. Expand
  7. Feb 7, 2019
    One of the best remakes of all time, it has all characteristics from that glorious game of the DS, with the new game mode of Bowser Jr it makes it better than it is as it happens with the Superstar Saga remake
  8. Mar 14, 2019
    for any fan or beginner of the "Mario & Luigi" games, this game is perfect! The original "Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story" was already a beautifully made game, having the most interesting combat system, funniest story, and overall wins the awesomeness award for being able to play as Bowser for a change!

In case you've forgotten the story, I'll recap you (without spoiling too much):

In case you've forgotten the story, I'll recap you (without spoiling too much): Fawful has made his grand return in this installment and has made Bowser ingest a lovely little mushroom call the Vacuum Shroom, allowing him the inhale everything in sight. With this new power, Bowser inhales, Mario, Luigi and everyone at Peach's Castle, leaving Fawful to merely dispose of Bowser and rule the kingdom for himself!

As I've stated before, the reluctant hero, Bowser, can punch and blow fire, allowing him to solve certain puzzles in the world. In battle, he can inhale smaller enemies down to his gut, where Mario and Luigi can beat the enemy from inside Bowser, leaving the Koopa King to deal with opponents his size. It's a neat concept, and it plays out very well. Even better with improved graphics, enhanced remixes of the songs, and new mechanics added, such as skipping cut-scenes (you'd think they'd do that since the beginning...).

Now, it's time to talk about "Bowser Jr.'s Journey". If you've played "Minion Quest" before with the remake of "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga", then this'll feel familiar. You watch cut-scenes, gathering minions, setting up your squad and let the AI do the rest. It's nothing to be impressed with, not even the story should be. But, that's only an added feature if that's your interest.

Overall, the original got a 9 on my book, but because of this remake bringing in everything that fans loved of the original game and bringing it back even better than before, how could I not give this game a 10?
  9. Feb 19, 2019
    I used to play the ds version, so when this was announced I bought it. It just as good; the improvements equal the problems. I haven't played the original in a couple of years and still noticed some obvious changes which left a bad taste in my mouth, but there were also some improvements like the Bowser Jr. story.
    This game can't decide if it wants to be easy or hard, as some of the
    This game can't decide if it wants to be easy or hard, as some of the bosses are leagues easier, and some miles harder. Most bosses were pretty easy, being defeated in 5 turns or less, but some bosses like the Durmite, which was already difficult, was somehow even harder and gave me a bad time. The challenge modes are easier because it stays at the same pace the entire time and the objectives are much quicker, so its really about patience and not skill.
    The game is almost how I remember it and I give it an 8.5/10.
  10. Jul 13, 2019
    Ive played the original.
    Ive played the new.
    This game in my opinion has been improoved by quite a bit. I do kind of wish that bowser giant battles would have used the model from dream team but its completely fine. I don't even notice the 30fps that people have been talking about. Im on a new 3ds xl. The game in general looks a lot better imo. The tutorials are finally gone!! And the
    Ive played the original.
    Ive played the new.

And the difficulty has been balanced to a perfect difficulty.
    The new soundtracks sound better than the original ones which were compressed probably.
    Now onto Bowser Jr Journey.
    This game is a big improovement in terms of story mode over Bowsers Minions. The gameplay in battles is pretty much the same but it somehow feels better.
    This was my full review of bowsers inside story + bowser jr journey

11. Aug 30, 2019
    This remake is an ok remake I say that cause there is LITERALLY NO DIFFRENCE (like no better graphics) if u don’t have a ds and you wanna play this game then this is perfect for you
  12. Sep 4, 2019
    My favourite game of all time got a remake on the 3DS and I must say, I expected more. Graphically, is a huge update from the original and is probably one of the best looking 3ds games, but I expected the difficulty to be higher and gameplay wise, is way too similar to the original. Bowser's Jr. Journey is a nice addition but it gets repetitive and a bit boring after a while. I would'veMy favourite game of all time got a remake on the 3DS and I must say, I expected more. Graphically, is a huge update from the original and is probably one of the best looking 3ds games, but I expected the difficulty to be higher and gameplay wise, is way too similar to the original. Bowser's Jr. Journey is a nice addition but it gets repetitive and a bit boring after a while. I would've gave 7.5, but since I can, I gave 8 because I appreciated the work on the music tracks, with 2 new addition to the game. Expand

1. NF Magazine
    Aug 22, 2019
    The 3DS version of Bowser's Inside Story might not be fully necessary – the original is still 100% playable – but it's the definitive version of the game. [Issue #38 – March/April 2019, p. 68]
  2. Mar 11, 2019
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is just as good as it was in 2009. It's still side-splittingly funny, clever, and genuinely a joy to play. Bowser Jr.'s Journey is a major slog, but that doesn't diminish my overall enjoyment one bit. If you're looking for a fun, active RPG that will keep a smile on your face throughout hours of playtime, look no further than Bowser's Inside Story (or honestly, any of the games in the Mario & Luigi series)!
  3. Mar 4, 2019
    Mario & Luigi Bowser’s Inside Story is not a new name but this 3DS remaster is still a welcome effort thanks to its top-notch RPG mechanics with lovely visuals and sound, as well as its trademark humour and fun. While the new Bowser Jr. element doe not operate a revolution, the game's overall experience is nothing short of fun and it fits very nicely in the series' legacy.