It’s amazing...In a sea of LOL imitators, its refreshing to see so many smart design ideas on display here. Thanks to the game’s gleeful disregard of genre conventions, Battlerite feels like something that few free to play games manage — refreshing and dynamic.
If you’re interested in competitive gaming and really need something new to sink your teeth into, you do not need to look any further than Battlerite. Balanced, fun characters, unobtrusive monetisation, and refined to give the core experience of competitive gaming. Battlerite is exceptionally good.
Get this game. Seriously. I'm writing this review because I want people to try this game out. Here are the good reasons.
1. It's cheap. $30 unlocks the full game and all the champions. Or you can play for free and unlock as you go. Unlocking new characters is relatively easy to you. The developers have put a lot of free content inside, free skins, etc. You get loot boxes often. Not like League of Legends.
2. It's faster paced than League of Legends/DOTA. Matches last 5-10 minutes.
3. The gameplay is skill based. There's no Random Number Generator (RNG) moves to the damage whatsoever. You need accuracy or you'll whiff your moves. The game tells you on the bottom right how you died, when you die, so you can improve and know what killed you.
4. This is a competitive game, with a cool ranking system. This is pure PvP and everything feels fair/balanced from what I can see. You can win with every character. It doesn't matter if there are two ranged guys, two melee guys, you can win if you are good. Similarly, you can also win if the enemy is 2vs1 on you. If you're good you can win.
5. Support this developer if you want to see more skill based games rewarded. Personally, I'm sick of League and Dota with auto right click on enemies. This game is precise and has a bit of everything: a loadout system, no cumbersome item system, no 150+ champions that barely feel different (the roster feels good).
6. Great music, I love how this game get's into some trance like music when you're in the groove.
7. The TENSION. This game creates tension in best of 5 matches. Many times I've had games tied 2-2 and had to win the last game to win. It's great. I haven't had this much tension since playing PUBG in the last of 5.
8. Simple to learn, difficult to master. There's a lot of depth and high skill ceiling in this game. It's a game you can play for a long time and learn more every day from how the characters interact with each other and the different combos your characters can perform. It's a joy to learn new characters and keeps the game feeling fresh.
9. I've had a lot of fun with this game. Join the discord, read the Reddit posts, get your friends to play a free game.
10. Support the dev. $30 is pretty cheap and they even reimburse you if you try the game and you have played the free version I think they give you a discount for champions you've already unlocked. THESE ARE THE PRACTICES AND THE DEVELOPERS WE SHOULD REWARD. Not the cash grab Ubisoft / Electronic Arts / microtransaction kind of developers. I hope this game stays with a high playerbase because I want to play it for a long time. Hell, it should be an e-sport and there's probably just not enough traffic. I'd rather watch this than some drawn out LoL match.
12. This is the true Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game. You seriously are in a battle arena and you feel like you're in a tournament.
The only negative I can see is if the playerbase dwindles matches will be hard to find. Right now it's very easy to find a match.
Awesome game! I'm not a fan of MOBA's, but this is unique among them; a true arena brawler without the other stuff. If you like WoW arenas you should like this one. I'm hoping this game and others like it will grow in popularity, as they would rightly deserve. Give it a try!
For those looking for a PvP-intensive MOBA, Battlerite delivers some of the best small-scale battles you can find. Rounds are quick, but gameplay is addictive and fluid enough that you can continually play without realizing it. Though it may not have much depth, Battlerite has lots of action packed into an easy to learn package.
Battlerite provides fast paced, beautiful combat with a litany of combos and movesets across its cast. You are given a great toolset to freely explore various playstyles to determine which you prefer the most — or with which you’re mostly successful.
I was pleasantly surprised by Battlerite in this crowded sea of arena/MOBA games, but once I learned that Stunlock Studios was at the helm it all made sense. This genre is in its DNA, and I hope this one catches on for a while as more than just an alternative to some of the bigger market leaders.
Battlerite is the answer to the question, What is the best Team-Based-PvP game out there? Gameplay consists of pure fighting and pure skills. Games are short and exciting and the balance is pretty good. There is space for character customaziation, both gameplay wise and cosmeticly. Other than buying champions, nothing else is locked behind a hard paywall. The battlerite system is completily free to use from level 1. Cosmetics are, although, randomly, obtainable, even for free to play users. Best of all, Devs love the game, listen to the community and have a lot of work planned for the near future, like in game automated tournaments and clan system as well as a champion release every month for 2018.
"Battlerite" is a quite enjoyable little brawler that offers a fun gaming experience. While I might not see myself playing it extensively, I can certainly see the appeal for others.
The game truly stands out with its polished gameplay and a diverse cast of fun characters. Each character brings a unique set of abilities to the battlefield, adding depth and excitement to every match. The overall level of polish is evident, making for a smooth and engaging gameplay experience.
The fast-paced nature of "Battlerite" keeps you on your toes, and the battles are filled with adrenaline-pumping moments. It's the kind of game that you can hop into for a quick match or two, making it perfect for short bursts of gaming fun.
While it might not become my main gaming obsession, "Battlerite" is undeniably a well-crafted and enjoyable brawler that can easily become a go-to choice for casual gaming sessions. So, if you're looking for a polished and fun experience with unique characters and thrilling battles, "Battlerite" is definitely worth a try.
You wait 10 minutes for a game with death cycle and as a result, you play with single bots, so my score will be 4 games on restricted internet (most games are not played) but I will say that they are a game played on the internet, but they are a game that ends quickly.
The matchmaking is bad.
The balance is okay. There are some hard counters, but not as many as in traditional MOBAs.
The community is just as toxic as LoL or DoTA.
The grind is definitely real if you don't want to spend money.
SummaryBATTLERITE is an action-packed team arena brawler. Experience the unique combination of a top-down shooter with a fast-paced fighting game. Challenge friends and others in a battle of reaction, unleashing the champion within you.