Black Desert Online has proven to be a real, nice surprise: an action title that hides a top-notch managerial, with tons of activities to keep you busy. It's a title worth to be tried, but only if you're ready to invest a lot of time, patience and dedication.
Black Desert Online is an addictive and interesting game full of changes. It is so huge and it is so full of options, that it might scare away a few gamers. That would be a pity because this game is worth your money: after 138 hours there is still so much to discover.
Black Desert is a fully fledged epic MMO that can compete with the biggest and the best in the genre and is absolutely the prettiest one of them all. The world is a bit strange and gamers will need time to adjust but reasonable amount of interesting gameplay mechanics should interest experienced players and newbies don't need to be afraid - Black Desert is very easy to get into.
Black Desert Online wants to be distinct from other MMORPGs, but it isn't different enough in the ways which really matter. The game's few innovations aren't enough to make up for its myriad shortcomings, making it come across as just another MMORPG.
Lots to do, good game play, good graphics not dumbed down, easy to start up, no sub, you don't need to use the cash shop 90% of it is cosmetic the other 10% being QoL items. End game progression does slow down but its not impossible to get geared up for the hardest content especially if you have a good guild backing you. Vastly improved over launch state.
This game has come a long way, and the p2w stigma is really not true anymore, outside of a remote repair/buff access campsite. The mob density is really engaging and i enjoy blasting through big groups of enemies.
The main complaint I have is it's hard to know what's going on, what to do, etc. There are tons and tons of different questlines and your log will quickly fill. There are also way too many items, these two things lead to a very confusing new player experience.
I have probably put about 5,000 hours into BDO. The problem is that about 4,000 of those hours were me leaving my computer on overnight and while I was at work, fishing or doing some other AFK activity. The combat is either a grind when you are trying to get .01% exp per hour at higher levels or it is getting one-shotted by a witch in pvp. There is amazing value in this game if you don't value your time.
The game is good, but all is ruined by the infinite buttons on your screen and menus popping at you out of nowhere that you don't know how to close. The best of the game is definitely the combat, with amazing combos and effects, but most of the time you will be skipping dialogues or trying to close annoying windows. A good game ruined by its UI.
SummaryBlack Desert is a large scale of sandbox oriented MMORPG that provides you a variety of unique experiences with spectacular action and battle, strategy-based castle siege, sophisticated simulation contents such as trade, NPC-hiring and real estate management.