• Publisher: Sega

Watch Now
Buy on

1. JT
    Sep 20, 2004
    AWESOME. That's all that can be said.
  2. PeterF.
    May 1, 2006
    This is positively amazing for a game this early, especially for the Dreamcast.
  3. Aug 27, 2020
    Great graphics and great sound! Best of all it's extremely innovative and unique.

There's really no game like this one! Amazing characters and levels and the music is funky and fits the aesthetic perfectly. It's a Sega classic for sure and has inspired a new game that will be releasing this year.

Jet Grind Radio is what a perfect game looks like.
  4. MasterKevin
    May 4, 2002
    It is AWESOME!!!
    Mar 31, 2002
    This game still rocks. A superb execution of gameplay, controls, environment, characters, music, and style, this game is reason enough to buy a Dreamcast. This will be a classic.
  6. JonG.
    Aug 21, 2003
    A great game that was fun and engaging, until i got stuck in the second part of the second chapter in that area with the big train tracks and the ninja guy chasing you- does anybody know how to beat that?
  7. KevinS.
    Mar 11, 2004
    I think this game is too tight because of the music.
  8. Oct 29, 2018
    probably my 3rd favorite game of all time, this game is a true dreamcast representative, this game has a pretty important role in what sega puts in some of their games (not including sonic, because that would be pretty redundant to include a game like that in a review like this) it actually is a staple of sega, i dont see why Naganuma left sega/smilebit! just a "gem glowing in the dark forprobably my 3rd favorite game of all time, this game is a true dreamcast representative, this game has a pretty important role in what sega puts in some of their games (not including sonic, because that would be pretty redundant to include a game like that in a review like this) it actually is a staple of sega, i dont see why Naganuma left sega/smilebit! just a "gem glowing in the dark for other games" it features a graphic style named "cel-shading" which makes games look cartoony. this game rocks. Expand
  9. Feb 5, 2021
    I’m very familiar with the Xbox version, and I’ve played a little of the Dreamcast version, and this game is just flawless! Both console versions are 10 out of 10!
  10. Jan 18, 2020
    This is my best game ever. The gameplay is so perfect. It's the first video game on cel shading !
  11. Jun 9, 2021
    A great game that is lots of fun! It feels like it hasn't aged at all, even though it's been 21 years since it came out!

#8 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2000
#4 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2000

Universal acclaim - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. CheckOut
    A game that lets you live out those teenage fantasies we've all had about joining a gang, rollerblading through the streets with total abandon and tagging the hell out of anything with a flat surface.
  2. CNET Gamecenter
    A visually gorgeous game that combines awesome graphics, fresh gameplay, irresistible music, and incredible design in a polished package that is a true original.
  3. Dreamcast HQ
    Maybe I'm just being picky, but I found the camera positioning quite annoying at times, especially in the last section of the final boss.