• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 13, 2000
8.9

1. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the most innovative, unique and engaging RPGs I have ever played. I had hoOne of the most innovative, unique and engaging RPGs I have ever played. This game is so different to other RPGs that it deserves more attention; clearly plenty of work was put into this game, from the music, to the settings and story.
  2. Oct 25, 2015
    Skies of Arcadia has soul. It is one of the best RPGs I've ever played.
    This game was born at a time when videogames were done with passion and dedication not just for greedy money.
    Good old days.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    Story and game-play are on the elite level, the characters are memorable, the plot is thoroughly thought out. Aside from the great combat system, this game goes even further and gives you an amazing ship to ship battle system, this is perhaps the best and most entertaining side-challenge in an RPG I've ever seen. There is the annoyance of the lack of direction, it sometimes becomes a choreStory and game-play are on the elite level, the characters are memorable, the plot is thoroughly thought out. Aside from the great combat system, this game goes even further and gives you an amazing ship to ship battle system, this is perhaps the best and most entertaining side-challenge in an RPG I've ever seen. There is the annoyance of the lack of direction, it sometimes becomes a chore to navigate the many places, but the the game makes up for it with everything else, this is a juggernaut and a must have for RPG fans everywhere. Expand
  4. Jan 22, 2015
    Interesting characters, a big world to explore, decent storyline, and few fresh additions to traditional RPG combat mechanics. Quite enjoyable and worth owning, they even made a port to GameCube.
  5. Todd
    Jul 12, 2002
    This game is probably the best RPG ever made, and may never be surpassed. Play it, experience it, and live it. You won't regret it.
  6. christopher turner
    Jan 9, 2002
    A VERY good RPG... Story is well done, character designs are endearing, but the real strength of the game is the dungeon design, which is EXTREMELY well done.
  7. Rodney Giandalia
    Jun 10, 2002
    Best game out of the whole dreamcasts library. Not only are the normal rpg elements are here but the islands and ship battles really add alot of flare to the whole game.
  8. chris ramsay
    Jul 16, 2002
    I think that skies of arcadia is the best game I ever played in my entire life.I like the part where you try to find crew members.I'm still on the first disk
  9. Eternum
    May 3, 2002
    I won't help for me to try and explain how good the game is, cos i can't. Just buy it!!
  10. nathan stebbings
    Feb 17, 2004
    I love it!! One of the best lookin' games on the dreamcast with a fantastic story line. U'll love this game foreva!
  11. Joonathan Sellers
    Mar 18, 2005
    I know this game is like 5 years old but i still play it like i just got it yesterday.
  12. Robert Blurb
    Nov 7, 2005
    Great game, bought for my son and spend more time playing it than him
  13. steph f
    Oct 31, 2006
    this is the best game of all time.
  14. Chelsey Wright
    Jan 28, 2007
    I loved this game! If there was such a thing as Air Pirates, I would be one. A Blue Rogue. This game had alot of unsuspecting turns and events, and it also had a great plot.
    I would recommend this game to any RPG Fan, and those who love Pirates! ^^
  15. Luke S
    Feb 21, 2007
    Where the devil is the next-generation sequel to this? This game is/was amazing.
  16. Boris …
    Apr 23, 2007
    Best RPG EVER!!!
  17. Bob H
    Nov 18, 2007
    I was warned when starting this game that there is a point in the story where the player finds himself unable to put down the controller and is compelled to play for maybe an eight-hour stretch. I find that to be true every time I play.
    Skies is the greatest game I've ever played. If you can't lay hold of it on Dreamcast, the GameCube version is a nearly-perfect port with added side quests and backstory (and faster load time). Anyone who has ever played an RPG should play this game.
  18. Philip Vasto
    Dec 17, 2007
    Personally,it's the best turn-based RPG that I've ever played. Great story,lovable characters,and a wonderfully orchestrated soundtrack make you wonder why a sequel never came out.
  19. Derek Sandoval
    Feb 2, 2008
    BEST GAME EVER!!! Seriously, this game is amazing. Do yourself a favor and play it. It's truly amazing. Fun, humorous, emotional, drama, everything.
  20. steph f
    Apr 26, 2008
    this is the best game you will ever play. all the fans can't be wrong... it is absolutely amazing and totally immersive
  21. dao dao
    Aug 5, 2008
    Amazing game!
  22. Timothy Falcone
    Sep 4, 2008
    Skies of Arkadia will forever hold a place in my heart as one of my favorite games of all time. It was a shame that Skies of Arkadia was released on the doomed Dreamcast, and then resurrected only to come to rest with the semi-successful GameCube. If a game this beautiful, engrossing, and endearing had been released on the PS2 or X-Box, it would have been so much more successful and wouldSkies of Arkadia will forever hold a place in my heart as one of my favorite games of all time. It was a shame that Skies of Arkadia was released on the doomed Dreamcast, and then resurrected only to come to rest with the semi-successful GameCube. If a game this beautiful, engrossing, and endearing had been released on the PS2 or X-Box, it would have been so much more successful and would have found its way onto the shelves of millions of gamers worldwide. Alas, it shall forever exist as one of the greatest sleeper successes in video game history. Expand
  23. Joe V.
    Jan 23, 2009
    Now, I've played a lot of classics, but this is by far my favorite game. What really makes this game good is that you fall in love with the characters, the plot, the setting, everything. Awesome places, great characters, riveting plot, tactical gameplay, Air Pirate base, this game has it all.
  24. Ronan Faria
    Aug 31, 2009
    This wonderfull game, long and incredible game play.
    This best of the Sega in show for make on game perfectly
  25. Peter Morris
    Nov 27, 2009
    The only RPG I've ever enjoyed, and definately one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I ever had.
  26. Aug 3, 2016
    This game is so memorable and fun. Also, the fighting mechanics or rpg mechanics work are great and one of the best on the dreamcast. Glad this got a great sequel.
  27. Aug 30, 2016
    An absolute masterpiece. This game does everything right. The story, world, character development, dungeons, music, ship battles in the sky, and discoveries. This game has it all and does it right. It pulls you in and doesn't let go. I still own a Dreamcast simply so I can play through this amazing game every once in a while. After 15 years from its release it still holds up as one of theAn absolute masterpiece. This game does everything right. The story, world, character development, dungeons, music, ship battles in the sky, and discoveries. This game has it all and does it right. It pulls you in and doesn't let go. I still own a Dreamcast simply so I can play through this amazing game every once in a while. After 15 years from its release it still holds up as one of the greatest games I have ever played. Long live the Blue Rogues! Expand
  28. Jun 18, 2018
    Great Characters, great Story I wish it had a way ta continue playing after you finish the game Just for Bounties and seeing my Home base
  29. Dec 20, 2018
    Not only is it the best Dreamcast RPG, it's one of the greatest RPGs full stop. The exploration and mystery of the world really give you an incentive to explore, and the mechanics you unlock as you go further only further this. Gameplay is very unique for an RPG and the story is extremely engaging. My only minor complaint is that there is no voice acting, but considering that the game wasNot only is it the best Dreamcast RPG, it's one of the greatest RPGs full stop. The exploration and mystery of the world really give you an incentive to explore, and the mechanics you unlock as you go further only further this. Gameplay is very unique for an RPG and the story is extremely engaging. My only minor complaint is that there is no voice acting, but considering that the game was so big they had to use two disks, I can forgive that. Expand
  30. May 8, 2020
    What to say? Skies of Arcadia is probably THE best RPG of all times. Period.
  31. May 17, 2020
    One of the best, if not the best, RPG game in history, great mechanics, lovely soundtrack, unique characters, gorgeous scenarios, amazing history, playing the naval battles its beautiful. You feel you are playing the best of the best of that era... it's worth any cash you throw in for this game, you won't regret even in 2020 I paid 100 dollars for it, and im pleasure to play and finish theOne of the best, if not the best, RPG game in history, great mechanics, lovely soundtrack, unique characters, gorgeous scenarios, amazing history, playing the naval battles its beautiful. You feel you are playing the best of the best of that era... it's worth any cash you throw in for this game, you won't regret even in 2020 I paid 100 dollars for it, and im pleasure to play and finish the game. Will keep this game in my collection until the day I die. Expand

#2 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2000
#1 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2000

Universal acclaim - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. Games Radar
    Awe-inspiring to behold, deep, absorbing and epic to the nines, Overworks' sky-faring RPG sets a standard that will most others will never attain. You have been told.
  2. Gaming Age
    Though its cartoony visual style may be a turn-off to some, Skies of Arcadia is one of the most beautiful and overall well-constructed RPGs in recent memory.
  3. GamerWeb Sega
    One of those rare games that not only sucks you in, but pins you down and gives you noogies as time passes unmercifully.