7.7

1. Eric
    Mar 30, 2007
    Addiction at first, later boredom.
  2. ShereeC.
    Feb 28, 2007
    I got my brain age down from 70 to 20 in 2 weeks, after that there's nothing really else to do. Also the mic doesn't like the word 'blue' in the stroop test, resulting in some bad test results at first.
  3. Tracy
    Mar 22, 2007
    This is a great game for those who have a little bit of time each day. For those who like to beat games or play for multiple hours at a time, like me, I wouldn't suggest buying this unless you have other time consuming games on hand.
  4. PhilG
    Jan 19, 2009
    It is a decent time waster and a great way to keep your mind sharp.

HOWEVER, expect the game to scold you to continue playing and don't think going into it you'll be given a reasonable score no matter how intelligent you believe yourself. Other problems are with the touch screen (as always) and the voice recognition...the game will not always recognize you giving the right
    It is a decent time waster and a great way to keep your mind sharp.

Other problems are with the touch screen (as always) and the voice recognition...the game will not always recognize you giving the right answer, especially early on. I'm near convinced it does this to give you a low brain age score to keep you playing.

Worth a try, not necessarily a buy.
  5. Oct 6, 2017
    this game makes me feel dumb :( ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  6. XV_
    Jul 20, 2019
    Brain Age is entertaining at the very beginning, I was really into doing my brain age check (3 random exercises that put your brain to the test and depending on your skill it gives you a score), you can see results even the second day of your check, and that's kind of promising, the thing is that current studies say that still there's no real evidence that you gain something by playingBrain Age is entertaining at the very beginning, I was really into doing my brain age check (3 random exercises that put your brain to the test and depending on your skill it gives you a score), you can see results even the second day of your check, and that's kind of promising, the thing is that current studies say that still there's no real evidence that you gain something by playing this kind of games so lets you get that aside.

Gameplay wise, the puzzles are fun at least when you start the game but they became repetitive really quickly, also I don't know if it was just me or my 3DS but I had a hard time when it came to registering my voice or writing letters, so at least a third of the puzzles malfunctioned on my "playthrough".

It's hard to recommend Brain Age, its a game for quick plays and time passing, it starts fun but ends like a chore, kind of.

#6 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006
#40 Most Shared DS Game of 2006

Generally favorable reviews - based on 58 Critic Reviews

Although Brain Training asks you to figure out increasingly intricate problems in a short amount of time, there's something quite relaxing about the whole thing. Not worth full price, since there are only nine different games to play here, but definitely a fun time-waster. [JPN Import]
  2. I'm not sure whether my brain's actually benefiting from this special treatment, but I do know that Brain Age is fun to mess around with for several minutes a day.
    Brain Age is a decently amusing distraction, but without the fun and variation of the minigames found in "Big Brain Academy" and with many questions about the actual impact the training has on your brain, its tough to recommend the software too highly.