• Publisher: Atlus

Watch Now
Buy on

1. J.J.M.
    Nov 24, 2006
    This game disappointed me at a lightning pace that few other games ever have. Its reputation as "clever" and "offbeat" is enormously undeserved in my opinion. It's a very, very generic RPG with no plot, boring characters and enemies, and dull, repetitive gameplay. It is a game that will be quickly forgotten, and rightly so.
  2. Dec 12, 2019
    Don't think because I rated it 7/10 I don't like it. Like everybody says, the story and meta-ness of the game work and everything about the game is a fresh change from the sameness of other RPGs. Except... the grind! I like a good dungeon crawl, but eventually I bored with cooking to make better healing items, and it's clear this is just padding--just one of the many games from this eraDon't think because I rated it 7/10 I don't like it. Like everybody says, the story and meta-ness of the game work and everything about the game is a fresh change from the sameness of other RPGs. Except... the grind! I like a good dungeon crawl, but eventually I bored with cooking to make better healing items, and it's clear this is just padding--just one of the many games from this era ruined by the use of crafting to stretch a game out as long as possible. If you are unaware of your own mortality this may not be as much of an issue for you, in which case I think the game's an 8.

I have promised myself I will finish the game one day, but actually I really doubt it. Worth playing, but be prepared for a long grind if you want to see the end of the story.

#27 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006
#9 Most Shared DS Game of 2006

Mixed or average reviews - based on 36 Critic Reviews

1. Edge Magazine
    What it lacks in tactical depth, it returns doubly so in its offbeat charm whether through the crackpot mutterings of its cast of characters or its increasingly nontraditional modern-day island locales. [Oct 2006, p.93]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Contact offers a creative island-hopping adventure that stands taller than many recent portable RPG's. [Oct. 2006, p.119]
  3. Game Informer
    This isn't going to change the world, but far be it for me to condemn it for being a run-of-the-mill RPG with a fun sense of humor. [Oct. 2006, p.114]