7.9

1. Nov 29, 2014
    Yeah, these games are DEEPLY flawed. Some levels feel too long, you can play as a doodle of a vulgar organ if you choose and there's REALLY unresponsive controls in the wii and mobile releases.

BUT. You must buy the ORIGINALS of both Drawn to Life and Drawn To Life: The next chapter. Do not get the double pack, the story is butchered in that one. The original two, will seem cheesy at times. Token, weird, startlingly dark at some moments. But when you reach the end of the second game, WITHOUT a lets play or any nonsense like that and you'll get a surprisingly deep and disturbingly heavy conclusion so satisfying your tears will fill your shoes and you'll go sterile from shock. It's good. REAL good.

Yeah, it's generic sometimes. DON'T CONFUSE THAT. 5th cell are absolute masters of being the strangest things in my DS library, and this fantastic hidden gem, while a pretty darned fun plat former to begin with has a much deeper story than it lets on. Do not underestimate this game. This is art in its finest form.
  2. Apr 29, 2014
    Drawn to Life is a very creative type of game. It combines platforming with drawing which I think is really cool. I like the fact that this game basically involves you drawing things around in the world like your character and things you can interact with in the levels. The platforming, while not much to it, was fun and the story was very well done, it had both some emotional and darkDrawn to Life is a very creative type of game. It combines platforming with drawing which I think is really cool. I like the fact that this game basically involves you drawing things around in the world like your character and things you can interact with in the levels. The platforming, while not much to it, was fun and the story was very well done, it had both some emotional and dark elements in it's story; I even cried at the ending. The game also features good humor in it as well and a cool world to explore both in 2D and 3D. Drawn to Life is an awesome Nintendo DS game, I'd highly recommend it. Expand
  3. TomP.
    Oct 20, 2007
    By far the most charming, innovative, refreshingly old school platformer I've played in yonks.
  4. JoshuaB.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Love it! Great ending clip as well.
  5. Oct 17, 2014
    This is, without a doubt, my favorite video game of all time. And I do mean that. True, it may not be the most difficult platformer, and it may have next to no replayability, but that's not important. This game is simply overloaded with charm. The world has a great art style that fits in with whatever artistic creations you make, no matter what they look like. The DS is the perfect systemThis is, without a doubt, my favorite video game of all time. And I do mean that. True, it may not be the most difficult platformer, and it may have next to no replayability, but that's not important. This game is simply overloaded with charm. The world has a great art style that fits in with whatever artistic creations you make, no matter what they look like. The DS is the perfect system for a game based around art as well, with no need for pointing at any screens - just draw. The characters are all unique and memorable, and for the amount of characters there are, that's saying a lot. In fact, I've not seen a game yet that has as many unique and memorable characters as Drawn to Life. The music is some of my favorite video game music ever. And the story is so interesting and compelling, more so than a lot of video games I've played recently.

It may sound like I'm being overly positive about this game. But I'm not. Those are all completely accurate opinions I have on this game. If you don't own it already, you are doing yourself a major disservice.
  6. Jun 15, 2013
    I'm suprised at most of the reviews. The game is innovative, artistic, humorous, and sad with a little bit of dark mixed in. The music is simply wonderful, and the storyboard is the best i've seen in years. Really, no other DS game can ever beat DTR.
  7. Sep 10, 2016
    The best game of my childhood.I bought my nintendo ds lite because of this game. It's an incredible adventure with a type of story mode difficul(or impossible) to find in any other DS game. The ending is great and the sequel was astonishing. I was waiting for a third episode but I know that it isn't going to happen. I'm still listening to its soundtrack...

#30 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007
#19 Most Shared DS Game of 2007

Drawn to Life is a must-have for every DS owner's library. [Oct 2007, p.87]
    It's really a blend of unique and unconventional aspects that either will or won’t appeal to a given audience.
    It's a great game for a younger DS audience who will be thrilled simply by seeing their creations run around the screen and get wrapped up in the narrative (and maybe even trade creations with their friends), but older gamers will find disappointment around every turn in the creative freedom that it hints at but never truly delivers on.