Football Manager is back and its focus on long-term construction of a footballing powerhouse is refreshing for a series that previously felt solely focused on the short-to-mid term. The only challenge you'll have now is keeping in the board's good graces long enough to leave your imprint on a club.
→ Le retour du roi, vive le roi !
FM est de retour en copie quasi complète du précédent opus. Pourquoi faudrait-il changer une formule qui fonctionne me direz-vous ? Il reste actuellement le King des jeux de gestion dans le domaine du sport.
Sortie en novembre 2019 / Développé par Sports Interactive.
Several of the new features in Football Manager 2020 hit just right, especially for players who prioritize long "saves" over jumping between different clubs. Our biggest dissatisfaction concerns the match engine, where obvious deficiencies tend to create unnecessary annoyance. But new depth and even more focus on talent development makes this year's version of Football Manager at least as good as last years.
It looks as much of an iterative update as any FM game, but the added finesse of the new match engine, and the extra depth to the club staffing dynamics and development, make this the best version of the game yet. Get past the overly familiar visuals and you’ll find more reasons to keep on managing.
It’s more immersive, experimental, and enjoyable thanks to its suite of big and small changes. Sure, there are areas that Sports Interactive needs to improve upon. Those will come with time and future updates. But as it is, Football Manager 2020 is a solid entry in the series. It isn’t visionary, but its fresh approach and tweaks are enough to make it worth your time.
I have bought this game since Football Manager 2010, every version every year. And this one is absolutely one of the worst, if not the worst. Every match atleast 60-70% of the time my team always has more chances, more possesions and way more shots. But score no goals what so ever. I tried a lot of different tactics but nothing works. I never been of the best in this game but I play average of atleast 400 hours each version or more. I was at Arsenal and I left for I got fired I took Bolton Wanderes at Npower League 2 I play a FA Cup match with 11 vs10 men from minute 16 on and still lose 0-3. Other examples I had I was in my second season with Heracles Almelo the Dutch Eredvisie club the objective was to qualify for Champions League!! CL!! This dutch team never even in the world and in real life ever has been in Europa League alone or let alone finish higher then 6th. And I forget the most important negative about this version of FM... The Goal Keepers are like God in this game. A lot of the time they get rated a 7,5, 8 or sometimes even a 9 out of 10. Almost impossible to score 1 on 1. Ofcourse goal keepers can be and are good with football/soccer but this time it's insane.
Maybe SI will read this and want to understand why this has come about and how to improve this going forward. At this stage I highly doubt I will be making another purchase of Football Manager. I am saying this after playing this for nearly 20 years, year after year buying the game and supporting the studio as best as I can.
My major gripes. They are ALL match engine related. Without being a pessimist here, or being too harsh - but this is the worst match engine I have seen from SI in many years. It's horrible. Really awful experience and all successful tactics are exploiting these through balls which are totally overpowered.
1. Jesus - the amount of one on ones in this game is just out of this world.
2. See point 1. Defenders are appalling. Absolutely trash defending, especially reacting and defending of long balls, through balls, rogue clearances that all become xavi/pirlo like through balls.
3. The very odd occurance of my own player (Haaland) missing most of his one on ones. Yet the AI runs one on one twice and slots both away.
4. My team has the most accurate shots on target ratio in the league. 54% of our shots are on target. We have been averaging 30-50 shots per game. Absolutely insane domination, insane shooting accuracy. We have insane amount of clear cut chances, mostly one on ones. There is literally nothing more I can do, when I have 25+ shots ON TARGET in a game - and players like Haaland or Cutrone are missing either one on ones or shots from 2 yards out. Then I lose the match 3-1 at home to a team who had 2 shots on target and scored with both. It is NOT my tactic. It is your game. I have run countless test saves now, with tactics from FMBASE, those reported to be the best tactics - and the issue remains.
5. Players who are quick and have good dribbling are OVERPOWERED. They dribble past defenders and run on into the box. Then they won't even pass to open players just standing unmarked, nope. They will shoot from silly angles.
6. Heading in this game is woeful. Woeful from defending positions and woeful from attacking positions. Rarely do you see headed goals from crosses. Most of the time their headers are going straight up and over.
7. Did I mention defending? Yeh it doesn't exist in this version of the game. It is absolutely garbage. Might as well not have anyone defending at all.
8. Slow - big and strong strikers are useless. It's all about having quick players.
9. The game is now too heavily focused around Gegenpress. It just takes Liverpool and Klopp to do well with this for it to be suddenly overpowered. A few years ago it was Tiki Taka. The match engine needs to stop being altered to cater for whatever is in style tactically. We should be able to create our own styles. I for one had successful tactics on the workshop for years. My tactics are now garbage. The way I win now, is by being FORCED to exploit the engine's pressing/long balls and through balls. Still - even with that - I see games where I totally dominate, literally statistics are perfection - but the AI wins with just 2 shots. It doesn't make sense. If I have had 20+ shots on target and 14 one on ones. A few should go in right?? On the other side of the coin - I have had sides dominate me and I have scored with just a handful of shots. Most of the goals and chances I see on all the highlights of every round - are one on one chances. This as stated, needs to be fixed.
Sorry for the rant, but I love this game and if we are not vocal about it, this game will die. I still think FM is one of the greatest games ever made - life would be a lot less enjoyable without it. I am grateful for its existence but without us fans, it wouldn't exist either.
Summary Run your football club, your way. Every decision counts in Football Manager 2020 with new features and polished game mechanics rewarding planning and progression like never before, empowering managers to develop and refine both your club’s and your own unique identity.