8.9

1. Aug 15, 2015
    The Game is a must buy for anyone who has a gameboy advance. Amazing levels, fine story, superb gameplay, Tons of good power ups. It's a masterpiece. This was a huge step forward for the Mario series. So buy the game
  2. May 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now I can play the NES classic on-the-go with this GBA release. Spiced up graphics and music make this a must-play, but MAN, the Ice World is brutally difficult! Expand
  3. Jul 26, 2014
    Game: Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo System: GameBoy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 92/100 Value Score: 9.2/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Visual properties improved. +Voice
    Game: Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: GameBoy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 92/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Visual properties improved.
    +Voice overs have been added to characters
    +Few level design, music (remixed), and text improvements have been added

Cons
    -Sound is weaker due to the GBA sound card
  4. Apr 25, 2013
    Greatest game available for the GBA so much fun must buy if you love Super Mário
  5. Jan 17, 2016
    Super Mario Bros. 3 Is one of those rare titles that was made by a spark of inspiration instead of a spark of violence. The game takes you to a variety of different worlds that each have its own charming scenery. The gameplay is magnificent. It isn't like Super Mario 2 where you throw vegetables at enemies, instead its like the original Mario where there are Goombas, Koopas, and FireSuper Mario Bros. 3 Is one of those rare titles that was made by a spark of inspiration instead of a spark of violence. The game takes you to a variety of different worlds that each have its own charming scenery. The gameplay is magnificent. It isn't like Super Mario 2 where you throw vegetables at enemies, instead its like the original Mario where there are Goombas, Koopas, and Fire Flowers. The story isn't "Save the princess" anymore. Its now "Save the 7 kings and the Princess". Its a moderately hard game as well because of the floaty controls so you will have a challenge. There are also many secrets in this game that each allow for a new item to be unlocked. This game introduced my favorite Mario enemies, the Koopalings. Each Koopaling has a different, hard airship that is so fun to navigate.

I recommend this game to anyone
  6. Mar 6, 2017
    Amazing game that is ageless, still very playable to this day. This game set the standard for all future Mario releases. All gamers must play this classic.
  7. Apr 8, 2016
    This game is one of the best Mario games you can buy. The story is unique compared to other Mario games. The graphics are great, the music is very catchy with lots of instrument variety, and the level design the superb! Mario controls perfectly throughout the game, so you should NEVER die to unfair level design - all deaths are your own fault, NOT the fault of the game. The power-ups areThis game is one of the best Mario games you can buy. The story is unique compared to other Mario games. The graphics are great, the music is very catchy with lots of instrument variety, and the level design the superb! Mario controls perfectly throughout the game, so you should NEVER die to unfair level design - all deaths are your own fault, NOT the fault of the game. The power-ups are all creative and varied, so the game never becomes stale. The bosses progressively get more challenging, and the final boss is one of the most unique of the entire series! After you beat the game, there is plenty of replay value. You can revisit all the worlds to beat any remaining stages (doing this will unlock, there is a updated Mario bros arcade game in which you can try and achieve a high score; and there are 38 additional e-reader levels and 3 mini games with those e-reader levels (these are only playable on the Wii U virtual console version though). Also it's possible to play the game with either Mario alone or play as Mario and Luigi (do note that Luigi controls differently to Mario). Finally, this game does have multiplayer! One player controls Mario and the other controls Luigi and you play through the game in a similar fashion to the Super Mario all-stars version of Mario 1. Overall this is a superb game which I highly recommend to Mario fan, fans of platforming games, or fans of multiplayer games. Expand
  8. MichaelR.
    Oct 17, 2003
    Mario Bros. 3 is definitely in the top tier of Super Mario games.
  9. BCool
    Sep 26, 2003
    Can't give less than 10 for this game! it was THAT groundbreaking.
  10. RyanT.
    Oct 26, 2003
    This game is "super" good. The only thing that annoys me is you gotta beat at least half the world to save it. Still... awesome. Go buy it now.
  11. MattP.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Bar none the best game ever, the original I mean. I grew up playing Super Mario 3 for days at a time, always knowing where everything was, but being suprised none the less. I recently got it on my emulator and my fingers are as red as tomatoes. Get this game, now.
  12. Mar 16, 2013
    Originally released in Europe on the Nintendo Entertainment System way back in 1991 this GameBoy remake serves as a reminder of why it is still heralded as the greatest platformer in video game history.
    Many have tried to imitate Mario Bros 3 but Nintendo's attention to gameplay and innovation in level design is yet to be matched. Following the template laid down in the original the game provides eight different worlds, each containing several levels, which provide a huge amount of challenge and entertainment. Every world introduced new ideas, enemies and power-ups ensuring the game never became repetitive or dull. Unlike many early 3d games the graphics also still stand up to today’s standards with some clever visual effects throughout. In conclusion Super Mario Bros 3 is still the pinnacle of 2d gaming and remains amongst the greatest games of all time.
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    Well, it's Mario 3 with slightly better graphics on the GBA, whats not to love? It doesn't have much new content, but it is still a great port. Recommended!
  14. Dec 19, 2015
    I know most people say this is a more annoying remastered version of super mario bros 3 and their actually right.However the good thing about this game is that it hits you right in the childhood.Your memories of playing this game on your NES come back to you quickly.Overall this game still remains one of the best GBA games of today.
  15. Nov 7, 2017
    Best Nes Mario titile on the go with improved graphics, you just can't go wrong with this one. The difficulty level can't let me give it better score.
  16. Jan 31, 2012
    If you liked the classic Mario platforming games and if you played the original, then theres no more words I can say to get you convinced.....unless you hate Mario , but thats very dumb idiotic .
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    If you're looking for an awesome classic mario platformer for your GBA or even DS, this is it. Massive re playability, huge worlds and tons of unlockables and secrets.
  18. CloudStrife
    Apr 15, 2005
    The Game is Perfect. Is much better tha SMB3 For nes (which I still have). It reminds me tha odgood imes.JUST perfect. Buy it at any costs!!!!! Nana sk if you dont like mario games why then are you buying them and play them? And the game doesn't deserve a 0. You suck at Game rating at all!!!
  19. ElisaK.
    Dec 29, 2003
    This game is amazing.
  20. AaronV.
    Jan 18, 2004
    This game is wicked sick!!!!!!!!!
  21. Maxx
    Oct 9, 2005
    This game dominates, except it pisses me off easily.
  22. Thyzz
    Jun 30, 2008
    Great remake of the original. Except for the fact that there is indeed no parallax scrolling in our backgrounds.
  23. MarioMario
    Oct 7, 2006
    I think the graphics are worse than the SNES version. There is no parallax scrolling in the backgrounds!
  24. Squirrelz
    Nov 14, 2003
    Excellent! Bringing back the games of yesteryear rocks! I just wish they brought back more of the ORIGINAL games!
  25. EdM.
    Oct 22, 2005
    The best returns - and in portable form, with new features and levels. Can't ask for anything more. Pick this up!
  26. AndrewD.
    May 18, 2005
    Very nostalgic, very fun. The added voices though were a bit annoying.
  27. RachelM.
    May 31, 2008
    Amazing game - the graphics are brill, and I could play it for hours and hours.
  28. JamesP
    Sep 3, 2009
    Varied levels, the perfect amount of challenge and a physics engine that strikes the perfect balance between simplicity and depth. My only gripe is that the physics engine is slightly different to the NES version, in that there is less momentum in this version which reduces the challenge of the game. It is so rare for a game to be this much fun now, I'd be happy if we never Varied levels, the perfect amount of challenge and a physics engine that strikes the perfect balance between simplicity and depth. My only gripe is that the physics engine is slightly different to the NES version, in that there is less momentum in this version which reduces the challenge of the game. It is so rare for a game to be this much fun now, I'd be happy if we never progressed beyond 8-bit such that developers would be inventive with actual game play rather than relying on strong production values. Expand
  29. BrandonT.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Just got the game last nite and its great! it takes me back when i was a kid and playing this game! i was lucky enough to be in Japan at that time so i was able to play it on the famicom before it came here on the NES, believe me ..i was addicted to SMB3 all summer!
  30. Claudio
    Oct 26, 2003
    I've been waiting so long for this! This is truly the best Mario game of them all. On a sidenote, it is interesting to see how Nintendo is releasing all the Mario AllStars games one after the other. What is next, Mario bros. bundled with the Lost Levels?
  31. BillyV.
    Feb 16, 2008
    Alex your a turd if you need a guide to beat this game you should just quit on life because it certainly has quit on you.
  32. JakeJ.
    Nov 15, 2003
    It's the best Mario game for GBA iv'e ever played!!!!!!!!
  33. MXPX
    Oct 23, 2003
    Man i wish there was an 11.. hehe.. THIS GAME ROX MY SOX! the only thing that is kinda annoying, is that when u die and get mushrooms, mario talks.. and thats not in the original.. but its a great game..
  34. NolanB.
    Dec 5, 2003
    dude, I got this game for my birthday and IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! We used to have the normal nintendo with smb3 but our mom took it away *literally said it was a piece of crap and threw it in the garbage* after that my life ended UNTIL I GOT IT FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!! i was re-united with reality. for any of you who hate this game.... YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!!!!!!!!!! ahem...........
  35. AnnonymousLuigiFan
    Aug 26, 2007
    I have no words to descibe the pure awesomeness of this game. The greatest game of all time, polished up and made into a handheld.
  36. May 20, 2018
    Uno de los mejores plataformas de la saga mario y de la historia, la perfección de la formula de plataformas
  37. Mar 12, 2018
    This is one of my most favorite mario games I'd ever played. It has all the elements of a good classic mario game. The level design is awesome as always and it is hard enough to get you frustrated but not discouraged. I somehow keep going back to this great game. I'd give it a 10.0 overall.
  38. Nov 1, 2018
    Сборник не плох. Но впихивать каждый раз Mario Bros- это не хорошо. Но самая главная игра Super Mario Bros 3 и если ты не в это игру то стоит попробовать поиграть. Игра внесла много в серию: карту, перо вместо цветка.
  39. Dec 17, 2018
    The original NES version was great, the All Stars version for the SNES was even better, and this version of Super Mario Bros 3 on the GBA just might be the definitive addition of this game (or possibly Wii, Wii U or 3DS virtual console depending on your tastes). The game introduces a ton of new enemies with a wide variety including Boomerang Bros, Fire Bros, Chain Chomps, Spikes, RockyThe original NES version was great, the All Stars version for the SNES was even better, and this version of Super Mario Bros 3 on the GBA just might be the definitive addition of this game (or possibly Wii, Wii U or 3DS virtual console depending on your tastes). The game introduces a ton of new enemies with a wide variety including Boomerang Bros, Fire Bros, Chain Chomps, Spikes, Rocky Wrenches, Buster Beetles, Microgoombas, Boos, Stretches, Baby Cheep, Blooper Nannys, Jelectro, Missle Bills, etc. The Bowser boss fight is MILES better than the original Mario Bros, and seeing him cause his own demise and plumet into the void is all to satisfying. The worlds are memerable and have some branching paths with challenges and rewards between them on the overworld. The music is fantastic, the level design is superb and the powerups would win any list that they're in. The game is easy to pick up and diffucult to master, and it even rewards you if you know what your doing with for example warp whistles that allow you to warp to worlds 5,6,7 and 8. Super Mario Bros 3 was the golden jem of the NES, and truly deserves to be called a masterpiece. Maybe you should try to play it someday. Oh I also forgot to mention that this is my favorite game of all time so... Expand
  40. Mar 18, 2019
    this, or super Mario world is the best 2D Mario game. this game also has the super Mario all stars updated graphics.

#8 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2003

1. But amidst all this dispensable extra substance is the core mechanic of Mario; the one thing that holds true to the series, and one thing that ensures Mario is leaps and bounds ahead of its platforming peers - inertia. The faster you run, the higher you jump. It's a brilliantly simple concept that works perfectly.
  2. Pocket Games
    The bottom line is that this is Mario hop-n-bop action at its finest, with a goodly amount of minigames thrown into the mix for good measure... As great as it ever was. [Fall 2003, p.38]
  3. netjak
    They just don’t make games like this any more, and this particular game really shows us how far we’ve come and that you don’t need flashy graphics and surrond sound to have a mind-blowing game.