8.5

1. BrendanO.
    Aug 29, 2004
    Fantastic!!! Smooth! Everything you hope for in a Bond game. It's got everything. A true Masterpiece!
  2. RyanK.
    May 17, 2005
    "NIGHTFIRE" has the 007 formula for action and adventure and especially for the full-throttle car chases, so 007 should be proud since "NIGHTFIRE" was better than "AGENT UNDER FIRE" and by a long shot!!!
  3. DougM.
    Dec 26, 2003
    Greatest bond game ever made! It has very good graphigs and it is greatly entertaining, but it still is too short... if this game would have been longer, i'd given it 10. its so great :)
  4. Jan 1, 2011
    James Bond 007: Nightfire is my absolute favorite Bond game! It has everything and then some! It has awesome guns and gadgets, amazing driving levels, an exciting multiplayer mode, and, best of all, Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. The only three negative things about it are the following: it was hard to aim at the guys; but a after while you got used to it, the health bar is reallyJames Bond 007: Nightfire is my absolute favorite Bond game! It has everything and then some! It has awesome guns and gadgets, amazing driving levels, an exciting multiplayer mode, and, best of all, Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. The only three negative things about it are the following: it was hard to aim at the guys; but a after while you got used to it, the health bar is really confusing, and last; there needed to be more checkpoints that save the game. The missions aren't replayable at all, but the multiplayer redeems the replayability because it will have you playing it for many hours. The best thing about multiplayer is that you don't need more than one player (contradicting the the name "multiplayer," but whatever) because it has six other bots you can play with. If you have a Nintendo GameCube and you are looking for a Bond game, I highly recommend this game; as long as you keep in mind my warning about the three negative things! Expand
    Feb 12, 2003
    Nightfire is one of the most fun games ever, just double its length and its a perfect 10. Playing it on multiplayer with a friend is fun, but the single player is simply the best.
  6. D.C.
    Apr 3, 2003
    Ups: Great visuals, good sound, a few memorable levels Downs: Driving levels, stealth levels, and the lack of violence. The ending was pretty lousy, and it was way too short.
  7. YoMan
    Nov 2, 2003
    Very good game, but could be better.
  8. MikeW.
    Oct 18, 2004
    It is no Goldeneye, but it is a great outting for Bond anyway.
  9. BobH.
    Nov 23, 2002
    This game is awesome untill you beat it gets old like all bond games but still it's fun while it lasts.
  10. May 17, 2012
    so, the other night, i was bored, and i decided to pull this old gamecube game out of my chest. a game i haven't played in at least... pff, what was it, 6 years? that resulted in the greatest nostalgia trip i had in all those 6 years. this may have clouded my judgement, but isn't nostalgia the sudden return of the love you felt for a particular work of art when you was still young? what iso, the other night, i was bored, and i decided to pull this old gamecube game out of my chest. a game i haven't played in at least... pff, what was it, 6 years? that resulted in the greatest nostalgia trip i had in all those 6 years. this may have clouded my judgement, but isn't nostalgia the sudden return of the love you felt for a particular work of art when you was still young? what i loved about it was that it offered much more freedom than most conventional first person shooters. i'm always a sucker for games that offer more fun at the cost of realism and visuals. they say that games where better back in the good ol' times when graphics weren't any good, and this time, i say they're right. Expand
  11. Jul 5, 2012
    What a great game. The multiplayer to this day is tough to beat. Shooter games are one genre that I find grows less fun as it gets more realistic, and this one has just the right blend of realism and, in certain spots, a fun lack thereof.
  12. Aug 8, 2012
    This was my favorite bond game, the singleplayer had a great story and I enjoyed every minute of it, I played multiplayer locally with friends so many times, we knew every location on every map, and we were so evenly matched we had no idea who would win in the end.
  13. DaveB.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Not bad for a sh.tty rip-off of a the real Goldeneye game.
  14. Oct 16, 2012
    Amazing game. The best Bond game I've ever played. The graphics are pretty good for its time. The AI is not perfect, but that's a really minor issue. The local multiplayer mode is where this game truly shines. The variety of weapons make for very interesting matches against your friends. The story mode might be short, but it is filled with memorable moments and action setpieces.Amazing game. The best Bond game I've ever played. The graphics are pretty good for its time. The AI is not perfect, but that's a really minor issue. The local multiplayer mode is where this game truly shines. The variety of weapons make for very interesting matches against your friends. The story mode might be short, but it is filled with memorable moments and action setpieces. Overall, a game worth checking out. Expand
  15. Oct 13, 2013
    When I play this game now I don't really remember why I used to love it so much. Except using the sniper rifles, that is still the bomb. The multiplayer was extremely fun. You can play death matches with friends and bots at the same time, which is fantastic. I cannot get into multiplayer games that just pit you against your friends with no one else on the map. The reasons I haveWhen I play this game now I don't really remember why I used to love it so much. Except using the sniper rifles, that is still the bomb. The multiplayer was extremely fun. You can play death matches with friends and bots at the same time, which is fantastic. I cannot get into multiplayer games that just pit you against your friends with no one else on the map. The reasons I have lowered my opinion of the game are that you sometimes have to empty multiple clips into an enemy to kill it. The enemies also have near perfect accuracy. Sometimes they will give you a few seconds before shooting you, other times they will drop you the instant you turn a corner. It is still a satisfying game, you will just get annoyed on occasion. Expand
  16. Jul 4, 2014
    i love playing this 007 on Gamecube!
    It has very fun multplayer however it sad that the game never gotten online for this one due gc having no online on NA
  17. Feb 12, 2014
    One of my favorite multiplayer games of all time. This is hands down one of the best local multiplayer games up there with GoldenEye, in my opinion. Nightfire is the bomb.
  18. Mar 4, 2016
    One of the reasons why 007 games were the best during the 6th generation. The multiplayer is tremendous, probably the best I've played in 6th gen. A solid campaign only adds to the game's strength.
  19. May 4, 2017
    My second favorite Bond game next to Goldeneye 007. One of the best multiplayer games I ever played.

The graphics are fantastic. The gun sounds are so cool. I love the Nightfire theme and the game's soundtrack is superb. The gameplay is a big improvement over Agent Under Fire. The multiplayer is the most beloved part of the game and dare I say it it is way better than Goldeneye. Plentiful Heroes and Villains from classic Bond Films, maps based on Bond films, multiple weapon sets and match types, modifiable AI and different game rules.

The only things I don't like about the game are that the story is too short and the multiplayer AI bots aren't that great.

This is still a fantastic game. It's a must buy.
  20. Dec 3, 2017
    I only played singleplayer.

An action-packed shooter with stealth and vehicle sections. Great level design, fun gadgets and satisfying gunplay. The controls are about as good as an FPS on the GameCube ever could be (so they're not great, but adequate). It's short enough that you'll finish it in 4 - 6 hours. That doesn't actually bother me though, because they crammed a lot of ideas
    I only played singleplayer.

It's short enough that you'll finish it in 4 - 6 hours. That doesn't actually bother me though, because they crammed a lot of ideas into its short playtime. Every mission is memorable and unique, and introduces something new (whether it's a gadget or a gameplay mechanic). Each environment stands out too, so you're constantly being presented with new surroundings and situations. Great game that kept me hooked.

#14 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002
#18 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2002

1. Nintendo Power
    Smooth movement, great music and a captivating story line will keep Bond fans coming back for more. [Jan 2003, p.170]
  2. This is undoubtedly the best outing for Mr. Bond and Co. to date and the fact that it's all based around an incredibly solid engine makes it essential for any GameCube owner.
  3. If you like Bond, first-person shooters, or just a bit of action, you should definitely check this one out.