• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 29, 2002
8.4

1. MikkoA.
    Mar 2, 2004
    Its a good game! I can go with it for hours!! And the multiplayer is great!!!
  2. AdamG.
    Sep 8, 2005
    I have only played offline with my friends, but it was still a dazziling experiance, one for me to enjoy.
  3. AbelardoF.
    Jan 2, 2003
    Is Great.
  4. Joe
    Feb 21, 2003
    Great! Best game I have played.
  5. Tepz
    Mar 10, 2003
    This game is totally SWEET! I love it!!! It's the BEST game I've ever played!!!
  6. LukeB.
    Apr 12, 2003
    The best Online game out at the mo , actually the BEST game out at the moment. Buy it people .
  7. AndyE.
    Jul 4, 2005
    This is the best game I've ever played and all is great, offline, online, multiplayer, all modes too, normal, challenge and specially battle. I curse everyone who doesn't likes it, well that was just a joke but anyway. And those who say: You fight bears? pinguins? Well I guess those haven't even leveled up more than lv. 20 and they get killed. That's called a This is the best game I've ever played and all is great, offline, online, multiplayer, all modes too, normal, challenge and specially battle. I curse everyone who doesn't likes it, well that was just a joke but anyway. And those who say: You fight bears? pinguins? Well I guess those haven't even leveled up more than lv. 20 and they get killed. That's called a non-challenging person. Expand
  8. ShawnT.
    Mar 15, 2003
    I bought this game based on all the good reviews. Might i say that i was not pleased with this game. You fight bears? penguins? What the hell is that? You cannot delete individual files, u have to delete the whole character file which is crap. I was pleased with the graphics and create player option.
  9. JeffC.
    Jul 3, 2005
    It is an awsome game and I think it is cool and fun.
  10. TylerS.
    Jan 9, 2003
    This game is one of the most bad ass rpg's ever if your an rpg fan get this game!!!!!
  11. PSOGreatestFan
    Mar 10, 2003
    This is the best i ever played, it's not worth a 10 - it's at least a 20 or something.... COOLCOOLCOOLCOOL.
  12. NathanielM.
    Mar 14, 2003
    This game is an excelent awesome reality that puts you into another perspective of life.
    Apr 8, 2003
    This game is awesome!!!!!! i cant stop playing it!!!!!!!
  14. EricG.
    Jul 6, 2003
    This game is a very awesome game. the game has alot of imagination in it. i am am really glad they made this game because out of all the games i got ireally like this one. this game has 20/10 on my scale. This is just so totally awesome.
  15. FookMee
    Jan 2, 2003
    I still want an ASCII Keyboard controller to come to america so that the American people can stop being raped by the price of special ordering the controller from private importers!
  16. KyleD.
    Jan 3, 2003
    Unfortunately the scale only goes to 10...
  17. Sabrina
    Feb 24, 2003
    I'd give it an 11 or more if I could. This is THE reason I bought the GameCube. The money for the system, game, memory card, keyboard, and modem is worth it. Take this from someone who has not enjoyed a game since Mario. [I love PSO!]
  18. Mr.S.
    Mar 23, 2003
    This game is awesome baby, YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
  19. ChrisH.
    Mar 29, 2003
    Fantastic.
  20. SteveP.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Not so fun offline, and VERY challenging, but man Online is an experience you have to take. Lots of fun with other people, such as picture chat, chat, lobbys with soccer, trading, enough to keep you going for a few hundred hours. I'm sorta disapointed in the lack of online games coming out for GCN right now though.
  21. JosueC.
    Aug 9, 2003
    It's cool and fun and full of surprises.
  22. GeorgeW.
    Dec 10, 2002
    Whoa!!!!!
  23. DerekT.
    Mar 28, 2003
    This game is AWESOME!!! Do you feel me? All the weapons, guild quest, and the new characters. And I thought the Dreamcast Version was good, but the Gamecube Version is great! The Online play is even better. You can trade with other players and help people level up. Well I'd name more, but there is too many. I have 3 characters: Dante the HUmar AKU the FOmar Ghostwriter the RAmar This game is AWESOME!!! Do you feel me? All the weapons, guild quest, and the new characters. And I thought the Dreamcast Version was good, but the Gamecube Version is great! The Online play is even better. You can trade with other players and help people level up. Well I'd name more, but there is too many. I have 3 characters: Dante the HUmar AKU the FOmar Ghostwriter the RAmar I'll be going online soon so look for me. :-) Expand
  24. SaintP.
    Nov 12, 2002
    Two questions: 1) no keyboard? 2) why do faraway objects suddenly popup?
  25. Jul 25, 2016
    This game is so fun and addictive. The gameplay is the best phanasty star series. This game is one of the best gamecube and one of the best games to be created by Sega.

#12 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002
#20 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2002

1. GMR Magazine
    Unhealthily addictive. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  2. Sixty hours is barely scratching the sun beaten and twisted surface of this game. Sixty hours in PSO is nothing.
  3. Those that criticise and vindicate the linearity of the one player game are misunderstanding the central theme. Atmospherically, the game is without rival and the sense of community is absolutely charming.