7.0

1. Aug 15, 2017
    Great game ever! And i hope to play other great storyline games such as https://goo.gl/JkVXBz !~!~! Wish you make some review here! And find other games you played!
  2. May 28, 2015
    One of the best interactive fiction games ever. Every playthrough was memorable. Minor complaint is that it's annoying to switch objects between suitcases.
  3. Sep 15, 2014
    I first heard about this game while I was lazily browsing the APP Store, looking for something to buy because I was getting tired of getting beaten by Kal'Thuzad in Hearthstone. I enjoy interactive adventures and classic lit, so I decided to give it a whirl fully expecting to hate everything about it (as I am one to do) but, oh my stars and garters, this game is amazing!

First of all,

First of all, let's look at what it is: It's a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book on the iOS. It's a game in abstract only. You read lengthy paragraphs, you choose what to say and where to go, you see magnificent sights in one of THE best visualized steam-punk Universes I've ever read. The music moves and changes with whatever country you decide to take your adventure, and upon finishing your first around the world trip, you feel an enormous sense of wanderlust.

This is an interactive adaption of Around The World in 80 Days. You play Monsieur Fogg's valet and are responsible for planning the trip. You have access to the World (literally, the whole world) and as you explore towns and cities, hear rumors and witness extraordinary events, you gain access to more and more locations. The goal is ALWAYS the same: make it around the world in 80 days.

As you move throughout the game, you're ability as a Valet never ceases and you must make sure your master is taken care of. The "health" gauge is his comfort level and there are various ways in which you can do that. Tend to his needs or prove your character in various chats. You also have the ability to get skills that will aid you on your adventure. Things like well-heeled, acrobatics, strength (of character) that come into play in various ways. For example, I knew I was a bit more acrobatic than I was when I started the journey, so when I was in Yokohama I joined the circus and made headlines as a circus performer for extra pounds!

This game is amazing. When I finished the first game I was ready to be content and all of a sudden, I started another one, this time heading North from Amsterdam, instead of South to Nice. It's as if I'm playing a completely different game and what's best is, when I get to cities where I've done a lot, it doesn't send me through the same story lines but I COMMENT on whether I enjoyed it the last time!

Add to this many random encounters while you travel and you'll be coming back to it.

But, do NOT approach this as a typical game. It's not a game, per se, but a lovely Choose-Your-Own-Adventure for the Digital Age! DO NOT MISS THIS!!!!!

So good!!!!!!!

Like, not to even go on further, but there's even romances you can strike up. It happened randomly with me! And it meant a lot to me since this particular one was a gay romance, and as a gay guy whose over mainstream video game representation of gay guys, it was SUPER refreshing with the way it panned out!!

SO GOOD!

BUY IT!
  4. Aug 29, 2014
    In three words: amazing interactive story.

In three words: amazing interactive story.

The game elements are almost non-existing and "winning" is not really difficult. If you play "80 days" for this reason though then you came to the wrong place. The strength is the "chose your own adventure" type interactive story that lets you travel around a fantastic steampunk world. Along the way you will face different events including revolts, romances, mutiny or crime. Usually you will only visit 20-30 cities per trip so it's worthwhile to replay the game a couple of times to visit all 140+ places.

There is a lot of text and most of the time you will spend reading the story. I tremendously enjoyed it and already plan my next trip that will lead me this time to India and South America. It's surely not for everyone but if you like books and want to see the world then do yourself a favor and buy the game.
  5. Aug 24, 2014
    Its ok for a game, barely. Compared to Sorcery, its far inferior in entertainment value. Its too easy. The writing is ok, but it barely feels like a coherent story. More like a series of events, then at the end the events are recollected, kind of like the not so exciting ending in Fallout 3.
  6. Aug 10, 2014
    This is a mastermind game. Despite that, the game is not for all tastes. It is, above all, a book. In this book we can choose the hero actions, and in the end, the victory or defeat. The graphics are beautiful and make us "live" the story. The sound is good enough for the game standard. And the story... well... simply fantastic. I believe that the most obvious route is too easy, but whenThis is a mastermind game. Despite that, the game is not for all tastes. It is, above all, a book. In this book we can choose the hero actions, and in the end, the victory or defeat. The graphics are beautiful and make us "live" the story. The sound is good enough for the game standard. And the story... well... simply fantastic. I believe that the most obvious route is too easy, but when we explore the world, the collateral stories are amazing. In a word, Superb! Collapse
  7. Aug 10, 2014

1. Feb 10, 2015
    80 Days proves that the iPad is a great gaming device. It mixes adventure and micromanagement with a great script, but only if you can read English fluently.
  2. Dec 15, 2014
    Do yourselves a favour folks; spend three quid on this game and immerse yourself in it, or merely dip into it whenever you have five minutes, and make your merry way around the world. You’ll either thank me the introduction or hate me for getting you addicted.
  3. Dec 4, 2014
    I had a spectacular, unforgettable adventure story to show for my three-hour adventure, and couldn’t wait to learn more about the world, its characters, and the human desire to discover.