2.0

1. Jul 11, 2019
    In its current state, this game is an absolute mess. Frequent crashes on multiple iOS platforms, insanely long load times for little to no reason, requires a persistent online connection just to play so if you have a network hiccup, you get dumped out with a connection error (0007 or 0009). Even on solidly stable WiFi, the connection to game's servers tends to be sketchy at best.

And

And that's before we even get into the gameplay, which is essentially just your standard match three type mobile game. There are literally thousands of these match three style mobile games and I can't find a single thing that Dr. Mario World does better than any of them. Except crash. It crashes better.

If this were a retail Switch or DS release, it wouldn't even get the Nintendo Seal of Quality.
  2. Jul 11, 2019
    This pile of garbage isnt even Dr. Mario to begin with and Nintendo has the gall to shove microtransactions into it like crazy. So it is nostalgic exploitation that doesnt even do the basics correctly.
  3. Jul 11, 2019
    What another shameful way to get another Mario game to Mobile. Microtransactions to play the Game and wait to play. This isn't a Game to me it's quick and easy Cash Grab Aimed at kids
  4. Jul 12, 2019
    Now I like puzzle games such as Tetris but that can be played for hours but with Dr.Mario World it's basically a toilet game where you play on the toilet and that's it. This is basically another lazy game by Nintendo mobile.
  5. Jul 19, 2019
    This game is so boring it's not dr Mario it's a easier virus buster with Mario and friends. With cramped in micro transactions and not caring about it in its current state the game is awful. Also the ending is dumb and expected. The music is great though
  6. Jul 11, 2019
    I never played the original Dr. Mario games so I have no idea how true the gameplay is to it's roots but I think they work for what they are. They throw plenty of new mechanics in there the farther you get so it doesn't get stale. It's cute to have a puzzle game that is filled with iconic Nintendo characters but that's all there really is to it.

The multiplayer mode is very fast paced

The multiplayer mode is very fast paced and gets very competitive higher up on the ladder, there are some random elements in the form of "assistants" that gives a chance to do certain things but they never seem too overpowered so the pay to win factor is basically none. If you're good you're gonna win over a millionaire. This doesn't excuse the absurd amount of micro transactions you'd have to make to get even close to all the characters.

To even get a chance of getting a "doctor" (20% chance, otherwise you get an assistant) you need to play between 100-200 games in multiplayer depending on your rank. One game plus queue time takes approximately 2 minutes so this means you need to spend 3-7 hours for a CHANCE of getting a character. Absurd. Of course you gain coins way more quickly in single player but if you get stuck there and need better characters to progress you're screwed. Which means you need to spend real money on items to get unstuck.

The game works fine and is quite fun but if you're gonna play, play in short sessions or play the multiplayer mode, otherwise they're gonna get you with those micros.
  7. Jul 13, 2019
    I have been playing for hours and let me tell you micro-transactions are not required in order to compete, neither it brings any kind of competitive advantage, they are mainly used for buying diamonds which allow you to buy lives( not having to wait 2.5 hours in order to re stock) . YES I would rather prefer to pay 10 usd and leave micro transactions aside BUT the market appears to loveI have been playing for hours and let me tell you micro-transactions are not required in order to compete, neither it brings any kind of competitive advantage, they are mainly used for buying diamonds which allow you to buy lives( not having to wait 2.5 hours in order to re stock) . YES I would rather prefer to pay 10 usd and leave micro transactions aside BUT the market appears to love micro transactions, 5 to 1 it seems if we analyze mario run ( one time pay) vs other mobile nintendo games with microts . THIS GAME IS SUPER ADDICTIVE and well made, I don’t know if it is not a perfect adaptation to the original but is is super fun and well made, remember nintendo is launching these mobile games for positioning its franchises with non console gamers, they really don’t care much for the impact of their revenue on this field , they see it more as marketing for creating future switch owners. That said this game deserves an 8.5 at least ! Expand
  8. Jul 11, 2019
    Writing this to give a different viewpoint contrary to the others user reviews up right now:

Dr.Mario World is a fun little Puzzle Game that mixes the Match-3 Genre with Tetris-like strategic block-dropping. The Singleplayer Mode is structured much like Candy Crush, as you continiously unlock harder and harder levels. The first 30 Levels may seem like Baby's-First-Puzzle-Game but trust me - it gets way harder over time. This game is way more strategic than it is frantic most of the time, and after playing the first 100 levels also feels a lot fairer than other games of this genre.

The timed levels as well as the (addicting) Versus Mode serve as a way more frantic type of gameplay as you are forced to clear all the viruses as fast as possible while making sure to not block yourself off in the process.

The Pay-To-Win Model isn't that bad as the other reviews make it out to be. The prices are a bit steep, but by just playing the first 100 levels and a fair bit of Versus Mode I've earned a good bit of unlockables just by playing. Every newly finished course also gives you a free heart (which otherwise only get replenished once every 30min) which rewards good players by letting them continue their streak for as long as they manage to not fu** up.

Out of all the mobile games Nintendo has put out this is easily my favourite. The gameplay is fun, the challenge challenging indeed at times, but still remaining fair. Check it out for yourself and give it a bit more time than the tutorial levels to really get a taste for it. Have Fun, I definitely have!

1. Jul 19, 2019
    Dr Mario World is a freemium game and that shows. You play for a second and there is a wall of payments brought up. It is a fun game, but you can't really get everything out of it without using microtransactions.
  2. Jul 18, 2019
    Despite the monetization method, Dr. Mario World is a fun puzzle game, and the World moniker signifies that this is more than just another Dr. Mario remix. This is the most dramatic reinvention of Dr. Mario since the series’ inception, and I often had trouble putting my phone down before the battery ran dry. Nintendo plans to update this game with new levels down the road, so this is one flu season I look forward to revisiting.
    Dr. Mario World is another solid entry in Nintendo’s mobile lineup. I was concerned that Dr. Mario World wouldn’t do enough to differentiate itself from the plethora of match-3 games on the market. However, its blend of classic Dr. Mario gameplay and new mechanics keeps things feeling fresh. I’ll certainly be playing this for a while to come. Maybe I’ll run into you on the battlefield!