- Publisher: Backflip Studios
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2012
- Summary: Collect your own space robots. Win battle bot competitions. Customize your robots with detachable gizmo robot parts. Expand your intergalactic outpost. Gizmonauts is out of this world!PLEASE NOTE! Gizmonauts is completely free to download and play, but some in-game items can be purchased forCollect your own space robots. Win battle bot competitions. Customize your robots with detachable gizmo robot parts. Expand your intergalactic outpost. Gizmonauts is out of this world!PLEASE NOTE! Gizmonauts is completely free to download and play, but some in-game items can be purchased for real money. If you don't wish to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases. Gizmonauts requires an internet connection to play (3G or WiFi).Since we were little kids, we've all dreamed of a distant future filled with amazing, lovable robots like the ones from our favorite sci-fi movies, TV shows & books. Backflip Studios, the company that brought you DragonVale, Paper Toss, NinJump, and other mega-hit iOS games is happy to announce that the future is now!Introducing Gizmonauts!? Collect tons of awesome robots? Win epic battle bot competitions!? Upgrade your bots with gizmo attachments? Create & discover rare hybrid models? Build your own intergalactic space station? Gift magical space crystals to your friends? Decorate your outpost & make it your own? Enjoy 3D animations & awesome graphicsGizmonauts. It's out of this world!»»» Install Gizmonauts Today______________________________Gizmonauts is brought to you by Backflip Studios, makers of absurdly fun mobile games like DragonVale, Paper Toss, NinJump, Ragdoll Blaster, Strike Knight, Army of Darkness, Shape Shift and Graffiti Ball. Search the App Store for "Backflip Studios" to see all our apps.Follow @BackflipStudios on Twitter for free game announcements and other updates. Thanks for playing!… Expand
- Developer: Backflip Studios
- Genre(s): Role-Playing, General
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 2 out of 4
Mixed: 2 out of 4
Negative: 0 out of 4
Oct 31, 2012Gizmonauts doesn't reinvent this particular genre wheel of gaming. It unashamedly offers up something you're likely already familiar with, but it does so in a package that's surprisingly refreshing, charming and loveable.
Oct 30, 2012The only real disappointment to be had in Gizmonauts is how much it feels like ground we've tread before. Yes there are improvements, and yes it's a lot prettier, but at the end of the day it just feels like DragonVale with robots. Is it a better product that DragonVale? Absolutely. But it's just not different enough to really blow our socks off.
Nov 12, 2012Those that have previously played Backflip's previous game, DragonVale, will find a great majority of the mechanics are a fair duplicate of what is found in Gizmonauts. While the slight variations certainly add to the experience, it is not enough of a change to shake the feeling of déjà vu onset by every play session.
Nov 18, 2012While it doesn't redefine what a city builder can be, Gizmonauts does add a couple of new systems to the formula - looking sharp all the while.