- Publisher: Chillingo Ltd , Chillingo
- Release Date: Jun 20, 2013
- Summary: Welcome to Gloomy Hollow, a haunted home for lost souls out in the outback of the Underworld. Lead a misfit trio on an epic quest to defeat the Underworld’s beasts and fiends to turn this troubled town back into the lively limbo it once was.Gloom and DoomSeek out the stolen SoulWelcome to Gloomy Hollow, a haunted home for lost souls out in the outback of the Underworld. Lead a misfit trio on an epic quest to defeat the Underworld’s beasts and fiends to turn this troubled town back into the lively limbo it once was.Gloom and DoomSeek out the stolen Soul Crystals and restore Gloomy Hollow to its former glory. Play as the gunslingin’ sheriff Moustache Jim, Hammer-swinging Smithy, or razor-sharp fan-wielding Rosie.The Wildest of WesternsExplore every nook and cranny of Gloomy Hollow’s unique and original Underworld. Take a stroll through the murky Marshlands and wield magic and guns in explosive battles in the canyons of Red Rock.Suited and LootedChoose between Casual and Old School difficulty and set out on an epic adventure. Hundreds of quests, keys, weapons, skills upgrades, and more provide hours and hours of gameplay.Game Features:• A massive quest to save a town in trouble• Control and upgrade three unique playable heroes• A distinct art style and 3D visuals bring the Underworld to life• Hours of quests and troves of epic loot to discover• Use tap or dual stick controls in either Casual or Old School difficulty• Save the Hollow on iPhone and iPad devicesPLEASE NOTE:This game features non-compulsory In-App Purchases. If you do not wish to use this feature please disable In-App Purchases in your device settings.Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo… Expand
- Developer: Chillingo Ltd, Chillingo
- Genre(s): Adventure, General, General
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 4 out of 6
Mixed: 0 out of 6
Negative: 2 out of 6
Jun 25, 2013It's a competent RPG in the vein of Torchlight, even if it lacks some of the combat finesse of its peers.
Jun 20, 2013Gloomy Hollow is a neat take on dungeon crawlers, but its controls are awfully clunky.
Jun 24, 2013If you’re a fan of games like Diablo and Torchlight, you will likely enjoy the casual, simplified version that Gloomy Hollow offers you to play on the go.
Jun 25, 2013At its core, Gloomy Hollow is a fun, charming game. But if the above problems don’t sound like they could be easily overcome for you as an iPhone player, then caution is advocated here.
Jun 24, 2013Gloomy Hollow manages to live up to its name, but not in a good way.
Hyper MagazineAug 8, 2013It's playable and not terribly designed, just extremely dull. [Sept 2013, p.84]