8.8

1. Apr 16, 2021
    Played it on a Macbook, not ios but still great experience. Not much to say about this game since it's so short and simple. Starting with the negatives, the VR levels were by far the least fun. I won't say they were bad but not as good as the other ones. The first half of the game is by far the better half but you did get a strong final level. As for the stages themselves, the game had mePlayed it on a Macbook, not ios but still great experience. Not much to say about this game since it's so short and simple. Starting with the negatives, the VR levels were by far the least fun. I won't say they were bad but not as good as the other ones. The first half of the game is by far the better half but you did get a strong final level. As for the stages themselves, the game had me wishing the levels were longer. So many times I thought "wow this level and music is great" but then it would abruptly end. For example, Transonic Gravity to me had the best music+gameplay but it was 2 minutes long at most.

As for what I liked, just the whole style of it all. The art, music, and movement were all so great. The game does enough to switch up the mechanics to keep the simplistic gameplay fresh. Even the enemies are oozing with style. I just love the way they interact with each other. I'd definitely recommend this game, I played it on Apple Arcade but I'll probably buy it on another platform at some point.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 6, 2019
    Overall, Sayonara Wild Hearts isn’t just one of the best Apple Arcade games available today, it is one of the best games of 2019 for me and easily Simogo’s best yet. The soundtrack is killer and I haven’t played a game that felt this cohesive visually since Atlus’ Persona 5 on PS4. I know Apple Arcade has a lot of great games right now with multiple getting added each week but nothing has come close to the experience I got with Sayonara Wild Hearts. I’ve made some bad gaming purchases in 2019 but buying Sayonara Wild Hearts three times across three different platforms was definitely not one of them.
  2. Oct 29, 2019
    Developed by Simogo, whose spine-tingling Year Walk, and expectation subverting Device 6 have rightly become landmarks in mobile gaming, this is another one. It’s a shame it will be denied to Android users, but for Arcade subscribers it’s possibly the first unequivocally essential download.
  3. Oct 13, 2019
    It also just oozes a sense of cool that is easy to get lost in. You aren’t always on the back of a motorbike, dodging obstacles and chasing your foes: things can get surreal, absurd and often incredibly moody as you swing swords, play on a head-mounted-devices and ride waves of puke to wrap up Sayonara’s exciting missions. Don’t sleep on this one, it’s a trip.