5.9

1. Jul 20, 2019
    I'm completely disappointed with this game. First, why on Earth do a "sequel" to Journey on mobile with this horrible touch controls? Why not use a controller, as was some so brilliantly done before? But the answer is short and quick: micro transactions. Although console games are becoming more used to this practice, mobile games are quite at home with them, since it was invented in theI'm completely disappointed with this game. First, why on Earth do a "sequel" to Journey on mobile with this horrible touch controls? Why not use a controller, as was some so brilliantly done before? But the answer is short and quick: micro transactions. Although console games are becoming more used to this practice, mobile games are quite at home with them, since it was invented in the mobile market. Although with packs going to as much as $50 a piece, there's nothing micro about them. Some dazzling presentation to hide a perfunctory plot and a rotten core of greed to join the "live services" scam Expand
  2. Jul 22, 2019
    Journey is one of my all time favorite games. So I was extremely excited to play SKY.

Once I realized I could not stand the game for a few minutes - while playing the beta - I knew something was wrong. The concept is amazing, magical, beautiful, haunting. And the art, music, all that deep, dreamlike atmosphere thatgamecompany is so good at; it's all there. But the execution is not

But the execution is not good, I'm afraid. It's clunky as hell to play on a small, mobile device. This game should be played in full glory, on a big TV, with all the sound and space it needs. Also, using a controller.

Downloaded SKY and could only play for 10 minutes. Look forward to playing this on consoles, though.
  3. Jul 21, 2019
    I’ve waited for years the new game from the people behind the phenomenal Journey and Flower, so I went into Sky with a lot of anticipation and excitement. A disappointment is an understatement. I wonder what Jenova Chen was thinking, to make something so ordinary, so bland and frustrating, and on top of that to fill it with nasty micro transactions. In sky, you spend most of your timeI’ve waited for years the new game from the people behind the phenomenal Journey and Flower, so I went into Sky with a lot of anticipation and excitement. A disappointment is an understatement. I wonder what Jenova Chen was thinking, to make something so ordinary, so bland and frustrating, and on top of that to fill it with nasty micro transactions. In sky, you spend most of your time opening big doors, lighting candles, and following blue light. That’s it. This game is a complete mess. It’s like they never figured out what they wanted it to be. It’s a platformer, but a very bad one with horrible controls, it’s a flying game where flying is more or less restricted to a path, it has bits of an rpg where your character can evolve, but systems and UI are so convoluted and clumsy that you never really see what’s the point of it. We are very far from the pure, brilliant minimalistic UI of Journey. And admitting you play as a social experiment, you don’t get anything out of it either. Every encounter with another player allows you to unlock...emotes! Emotes really? The little bonus feature that any decent rpg has. In Sky, gaining emotes like point, clap, or any other, is your reward for playing this disaster of a game. And I won’t mention the lore which feels both pretentious and uninspired, with shaman type characters and ancient temples directly inspired by Zelda and the countless basic rpgs since video games exist.
    I really wanted to love this game. I tried hard to find the motivation to play, but after 10 hours I couldn’t keep fighting the miserable controls and the boredom. I really wonder what happened for the creators of Journey to put out such a mediocre experience. I can’t believe the same people that made Flower and Journey spent years to come up with something so bad as Sky.
    So if you’re a fan of Journey, or if you’re not for that matter, do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time on this shiny turd.
  4. Jul 22, 2019
    Do not listen to stupid haters, who themselves spoiled the impression of their bloated fantasies about the journey sequel. Sky is the most beautiful and emotional mobile online game today. If you have never played mobile games, or like rare pieces such as Monument Valley - play the Sky! What about controls? On smartphones, screen sticks have already become standard after fortnite. ThoseDo not listen to stupid haters, who themselves spoiled the impression of their bloated fantasies about the journey sequel. Sky is the most beautiful and emotional mobile online game today. If you have never played mobile games, or like rare pieces such as Monument Valley - play the Sky! What about controls? On smartphones, screen sticks have already become standard after fortnite. Those who scold this option of control - most likely did not play other modern games for smartphones. And such claims are equivalent to how the PC players hate the gamepad and underestimate the whole game because of this. Just play and you get used to it. Expand
  5. Aug 1, 2019
    The vast majority of complete negative reviews r coming from individuals who clearly don’t like mobile games. Therefore will instantly not like this game at the moment. So avoid those idiotic individuals and play it for what it’s worth. It is without a doubt true most immersive mobile game on the market. If mobile is not your thing, give it time. It will be coming to console and pc soon.The vast majority of complete negative reviews r coming from individuals who clearly don’t like mobile games. Therefore will instantly not like this game at the moment. So avoid those idiotic individuals and play it for what it’s worth. It is without a doubt true most immersive mobile game on the market. If mobile is not your thing, give it time. It will be coming to console and pc soon. Just bc it’s mobile does not warrant the ZERO/10 that half of this close minded individuals r giving it. The MTX in game r NOT necessary to progress. Do they suck being in the game..:yes. But get over it. It’s the way of the world, people buy them, devs will continue to put them in the games we all love. This game deserves better then what these children r putting up here. Expand
  6. Jul 23, 2019
    Give us a console release...its not fun on mobile..but looks like a great Re-Boot of Journey...take my money? what? you wont take? why
  7. Jul 29, 2019
    From any other game company this would have scored slightly higher from me but once you acknowledge that this is from the people that brought us Journey then its a huge letdown. Where that games beauty was in its simplicity, this just comes across as a confusing mess. I'm sure they started out designing this for consoles as the controls on a mobile are frustrating and then there is theFrom any other game company this would have scored slightly higher from me but once you acknowledge that this is from the people that brought us Journey then its a huge letdown. Where that games beauty was in its simplicity, this just comes across as a confusing mess. I'm sure they started out designing this for consoles as the controls on a mobile are frustrating and then there is the microtransactions ... really, thatgamingcompany did you really need to go down this route?
    On the plus side, it looks pretty, the music is nice and there is a nice idea in there somewhere. And of course its initially free to play so at least you can try it without parting with any money. Lets hope they have a MAJOR overhaul before they port it to consoles.
  8. Aug 7, 2019
    The game has the best graphics i have ever played on my phone. But story is little bit complicated. Actually the game hasn't got any negative thing. Just play it

1. Edge Magazine
    Aug 15, 2019
    In Sky, knowledge can be a powerful thing, an asset that makes you more useful to those who seem lost, as you lead them toward the light. [Issue#336, p.116]
  2. Aug 14, 2019
    Among the constellations of the mobile galaxy, Sky: Children of the Light is one of the brightest stars.
  3. Aug 4, 2019
    Sky: Children of Light is an emotional adventure, a journey through men’s bounds and life. Interaction with other players is original, deep and functional, but the experience in mobile version is partially stained by a problematic fluidity an inaccurate touch controls.