6.3

1. Dec 15, 2016
    Fun game for all ages! Everyone should check out this game - Nintendo has done it again! Starts out easy, but the challenge ramps up near the end. Keep the mobile games coming, Nintendo! 10/10
  2. Dec 15, 2016
    A runner that costs 10 dollars.
    For that price, you actually pay the Mario Intellectual Property for a mediocre game.

Shame on both Nintendo and Apple.
  3. Dec 15, 2016
    I sincerely expected more from the game, I was disappointed, bored and the same as always, $ 10 in the trash. Nintendo can contribute more things than this ****
  4. Dec 31, 2016
    Do not listen to these idiots that want all there mobile games to be free. Those people have ruined gaming for a generation. This pay to play model is a **** joke and no one should be supporting it.
  5. Dec 26, 2016
    This game is quite good. It obviously how much you like it depends on taste and I do acknowledge that one of it's main critiques, the always online thing, IS valid. There is another big one, that isn't though.

Here is a quick guide on how to read reviews and comments - if someone complains about the price as a main problem, just ignore that review. Why? Because it seems mobile folk don't want to pay 10$ for a game (of which you can try a few levels for free) but they rather have free games ridden with waiting times, adds and a lot of other nonsense where you end up spending tens, sometimes hundreds of dollars in in app transactions to speed things up or other kinds of micro-transactions that seemingly have less weight than a one time 10$ purchase. This business model is as fair as they come - you can try a few levels for free, if you like it, you buy it and end of story.

Anyway, to talk about the game itself, it is indeed a runner. All you do is jump and double jump at the right times.

There are 6 worlds, each with 3 different levels and 1 boss level (so 4 levels per world in total). Clearing through all of them takes little time, however each level has 3 sets of 5 special coins you can collect. Once you collect one set, the next is unlocked and this changes the coin layout, ensuring that if you want to collect them you need to play the level in a different way, usually adding to the challenge. Some people may not be impressed by this and I dig, however it undeniably adds a surprising degree of replayability to the levels.

Then there is the multiplayer, which is asynchronous, meaning 2 players are not competing live. This can be fun and addictive and it certainly adds to the game's value. Winning brings you new followers/mushroom people in your castle which you can upgrade. I will be honest, I have only spent about 60 minutes in total with the multiplayer, however adding it to the other 2 hours I spent with the first two worlds of the game, I think 10$ is well worth the asking price.

This is a triple A game for mobile, that allows you to test it's every feature before you commit to the full asking price. If you believe this is bad business, then you my friend are part of the problem... not the solution.
  6. Dec 21, 2016
    Super Mario Run is fantastic. It's so addictive, and I always want to keep on playing. It's easily worth ten dollars to play Mario whenever, wherever.
  7. Jan 6, 2017
    An almost perfect mobile Mario game. The coin collecting was addicting for me. I still have about 20 black coins to get to complete that challenge. Toad Rally is so much fun but frustrating too when you make a crucial mistake to lose a race. I was afraid I would run out of toad bucks to keep playing Rally but building my kingdom has helped immensely with that. Th Kingdom builder part ofAn almost perfect mobile Mario game. The coin collecting was addicting for me. I still have about 20 black coins to get to complete that challenge. Toad Rally is so much fun but frustrating too when you make a crucial mistake to lose a race. I was afraid I would run out of toad bucks to keep playing Rally but building my kingdom has helped immensely with that. Th Kingdom builder part of the game is alright but for me it isn't much fun even though I have killed a couple hours getting my kingdom to look a specific way on 3 different occasions. Unlocking items for the kingdom is dependent on how well you play in Rally so I probably won't get everything unlocked in the foreseeable future. But even with only about 3500 Toads, I have already unlocked most of the items.

People complaining about the price of the game have a right to not like having to pay so much for a mobile game but for me I have gotten my $10 worth already and I still plan on playing it at least 30 more hours (on top of the 40 hrs I have already spent on it). That being said, Nintendo should have priced it lower to get more people purchasing the whole game...or maybe sell worlds individually to satisfy people that couldn't/wouldn't fork out $10 in one transaction.

If you love Mario it's a must buy. If you want a game that can be played in short or llong bursts this is your game. If you have tons of friends on twitter or Facebook playing that is even more incentive to play this game.
  8. Dec 27, 2016
    Fantastic Game with the polished and deep gameplay we know and love from Nintendo! In the beginning it seems too easy and fast to appreciate the levels of the campagne. But when you start the Rallys, build your kingdom and unlock the characters the real genius of this game unravels. So keep playing and forget your first impressions...there is a huge payoff.
  9. Dec 29, 2016
    Super Mario Run is a game full of lovely details. It leaves the competitors behind by quality not by quantity. Although the full game is somehow expensive, the user gets the known Nintendo quality and love for details. The concept, as well as the implementation of the "one button" control, is great and challenging but not annoying. Overall, the game is ideal for beginners of any age asSuper Mario Run is a game full of lovely details. It leaves the competitors behind by quality not by quantity. Although the full game is somehow expensive, the user gets the known Nintendo quality and love for details. The concept, as well as the implementation of the "one button" control, is great and challenging but not annoying. Overall, the game is ideal for beginners of any age as well as for pros. Expand
  10. Apr 10, 2017
    I made a review on this game recently but I have changed my mind. Yes this may not be a masterpiece in anyway shape or form but for a mobile title it's not THAT bad. With 3 modes it is worth the 10 bucks but I don't believe that it should have costed 10 dollars. I think the campaign mode could have been 5 bucks and the two other modes could be packaged together for another 5 dollars soI made a review on this game recently but I have changed my mind. Yes this may not be a masterpiece in anyway shape or form but for a mobile title it's not THAT bad. With 3 modes it is worth the 10 bucks but I don't believe that it should have costed 10 dollars. I think the campaign mode could have been 5 bucks and the two other modes could be packaged together for another 5 dollars so people that wanted to do one or the other didn't have to pay for something they didn't want. But with semi good and fun mechanics this game is alright but if you aren't a platformer fan you most likely won't like this title. Expand
  11. Jan 8, 2017
    Summary: A new kind of Mario game that you can play with one hand. In this game, Mario constantly moves forward through the courses while you use a variety of jumps to navigate. Mario will behave differently depending on the timing of your taps, so it's up to you to show off particularly smooth.
  12. Dec 21, 2016
    Mario is Nintendo and Nintendo is level design. This is a Pay For Game, free only have 3 levels but the game costs 10 euros. For me is a good gameplay, levels, graphics... but for me is expensive.
  13. Apr 7, 2017
    I don't really care much for playing games on my phone. I love Mario games. It turns out that I love Mario games more than I don't like playing games on my phone.

What it got right: graphics, controls, music, Mario feel and style, fun. I really couldn't stop playing it until I beat it. What it got wrong: dollars to length ratio. It was far too short for $10. As with a lot of modern

What it got wrong: dollars to length ratio. It was far too short for $10. As with a lot of modern games, there is too much focus on the multiplayer aspect (Toad Rally). When it comes to a side scrolling Mario game, I don't care about multiplayer. I would have much preferred more levels to coin-racing other people in order to "decorate my kingdom."

The coin challenges add some replay value, but there still needed to be longer, and more, levels.
  14. Dec 17, 2016
    Fantastic, fun, frantic, new way to play Mario. I have played them all but never one like this.

People who say the game is only an hour long (because they completed world 6-4) are lying. The game is about collected the hard to get coins. Get those and you open more levels. Additionally, Toad Rally will last dozens of hours. It's innovative, a great way of playing head to head

Additionally, Toad Rally will last dozens of hours. It's innovative, a great way of playing head to head Mario and uses a scoring system that I feel will change head to head gaming for Mario for years to come.

Best $10 every spent at Itunes. Steal this and stop listening to the whiners who expect everything free in life.
  15. Dec 16, 2016
    Fantastic game. People need to calm down. It is, in truth, the most fun you can have on a mobile gaming platform such as an iphone. So why the mixed reviews? Because Nintendo fans are spoiled and wanted a $60 HD mario game on their phone. The fact that Super Mario Run is free to play game for several levels and, ultimately, costs only 9.99 to unlock all content. In the end, some fan'sFantastic game. People need to calm down. It is, in truth, the most fun you can have on a mobile gaming platform such as an iphone. So why the mixed reviews? Because Nintendo fans are spoiled and wanted a $60 HD mario game on their phone. The fact that Super Mario Run is free to play game for several levels and, ultimately, costs only 9.99 to unlock all content. In the end, some fan's expectations were to high.

The game is the best you are going to find on the iphone...period. No, it is nowhere near the game that Super Mario Maker or Mario 3d World are -- but those are $60 dollar games for a home console. Let me put it this way is it the greatest Mario game ever? Heck no. But, it is still the most fun of any game you are going to have for $10 on your iphone.

If you are looking for the best mobile game out there -- even better than pokemon go -- then get Super Mario Run.
  16. Dec 15, 2016
    Super Mario Run is an interesting concept that has some moderate success in its execution. The game revolves around taking the elements of modern 2D Mario game and implements it into another runner game where the player can only run in a single direction. The parkour elements turns this basic game into a more fast-paced game, though it still the game experience with additional features.Super Mario Run is an interesting concept that has some moderate success in its execution. The game revolves around taking the elements of modern 2D Mario game and implements it into another runner game where the player can only run in a single direction. The parkour elements turns this basic game into a more fast-paced game, though it still the game experience with additional features. Thankfully there's different coin challenges, multiple playable characters and Toad Rally to compete for the highest score, though the lack of content could dwindle interest in the game after a span of a month, especially for a game with a price-tag of $10 using a format that $2 games have used in the past. I recommend you try the demo at first before you consider a final purchase, since the game is enticing enough for a strong recommendation. Expand
  17. Dec 15, 2016
    Love the aesthetics, love the Toad Challenge, controls take some getting use to.

BUUUTTT

I can't play this game on my daily commute due to the F***ing always on DRM, and the subway lacking phone reception.

GODAMMIT NINTENDO
  18. Dec 17, 2016
    My dream came true! Mario on my iPhone. For the hardcore Mario fan, $13.99 is nothing. The game campaign is great and the Toad Rally's are fun. Lots of rewards and unlocks.
  19. Dec 15, 2016
    Great game, with excellent gameplay and a lot of replayability. It is not too expensive for what it offers.
    Totally recommended, in addition is the first experience made by nintendo for phone games
  20. Dec 19, 2016
    For 10 bucks up front you get a great little Mario game that, standard with the series, is accessible for young children while holding challenges and depth for more experienced players. Very similar to the Mario side scrollers from the Wii. The game is free to download so you can quickly figure out if its for you or not before paying for it...and for those complaining about ninetendoFor 10 bucks up front you get a great little Mario game that, standard with the series, is accessible for young children while holding challenges and depth for more experienced players. Very similar to the Mario side scrollers from the Wii. The game is free to download so you can quickly figure out if its for you or not before paying for it...and for those complaining about ninetendo turning to the darkside and making phone games I hope you are buying their consoles. Expand
  21. Jan 8, 2017
    This is a full fledged Mario game. Full stop. Enough said. To the people saying it's too expensive, all I will say is that you probably have no idea what it takes to make a video game and actually make it profitable, so they can keep making games and pay the people making them a livable wage. A full fledged Mario game on a home console is $50-60, on 3DS it's $30-40, so to me, $10 seemsThis is a full fledged Mario game. Full stop. Enough said. To the people saying it's too expensive, all I will say is that you probably have no idea what it takes to make a video game and actually make it profitable, so they can keep making games and pay the people making them a livable wage. A full fledged Mario game on a home console is $50-60, on 3DS it's $30-40, so to me, $10 seems just about right for Nintendo to release a full game on mobile.

Is it maybe inconvenient to need an internet connection to play it? Yes, but it's the best way they can defend against piracy. In my experience, I've got cellphone reception 99% of the time my phone is on, so the always-on connection is not a problem.

The gameplay itself, is superb. This is Mario as you know him from New Super Mario Bros. and the level of control and special moves makes controlling Mario extremely intuitive. A quick tip I have though, is to use two thumbs/fingers, one to jump and hold, and while holding for a high-jump, use your other thumb/finger to tap to extend your jump farther and collect the movement stars in Toad Rally. You can also slow down in the air by sliding your finger back while in the air to slow down your fall. All the staples of wall jumping and bouncing off enemies feel great and have that classic Mario feel.

To me, a kid who grew up with Mario on NES and SNES, Super Mario Run is a home run. It's Mario, in my pocket and on-demand. I'm just now over 4k in Toad Rally and I don't see myself quitting anytime soon. I only hope for future updates with more levels, but I do not feel ripped off one bit for this game at $10 and would gladly pay more for more levels.

Easily a 10 out of 10.
  22. Dec 21, 2016
    A good, fun game, but over-valued. It's designed as an endless runner, so I'm not sure why people are complaining about it being what it set out to be. Toad Rally is a nice addition, though it should be unlimited instead of hidden behind limited tickets.

The biggest flaw with the game is Nintendo's tendency to over-value their games relative to competitors. Their "AAA" console games can't compete with other AAA console games value-wise, and their first mobile game has the same problem. A more acceptable price would have been $4.99 - $5.99. Wait for the price drop.
  23. Dec 20, 2016
    This is a short convenient Super Mario game. I've been having more fun on my iPhone than ever. I like the rally mode. I like the kingdom builder mode.
  24. Dec 18, 2016
    It's okay, nothing else. Fun for a while, good graphics for a mobile phone, not memorable and music is okay. The big problem is the cost, the game is too expensive, If you aren't a Mario fan I don't recommended that much.
  25. Dec 19, 2016
    Super Mario run is a great mobile game on IOS that is created by nintendo, and Nintendo delivered on this one handed fun mario experience on mobile devices. I love the fact that you can fully play the game on your Iphone with just one hand. The level design is not the most complicated I have seen from a mario game but from what I have seen and played from the game, the farther you get intoSuper Mario run is a great mobile game on IOS that is created by nintendo, and Nintendo delivered on this one handed fun mario experience on mobile devices. I love the fact that you can fully play the game on your Iphone with just one hand. The level design is not the most complicated I have seen from a mario game but from what I have seen and played from the game, the farther you get into the levels specific coins, the more complicated it get to gather thoses coins. The levels that I have played are fun and I'm still stuck on the 3rd level of the game with the third level of coins to gather. I have tryed for the past day to get them with some but not a lot of progress. The kingdom builder is a fun section of the game where you can get these special building that give you more things like bonus levels each day. Overall, the game is one of the best I have seen on the IOS platfor and I hope to see more levels from nintendo or if they could give way for people who love the game to create levels of their own for the world to play, like super mario maker of the 3DS and WII U. And the best part about this game is that you are able to try the game and most of it's feature with the one easy payment of 0 dollars. If you own a IOS device ilke the IPhone or Ipad, I would reccomend you play play this game as soon as you can. Expand
  26. Dec 16, 2016
    It is great to play such a polished game on my iPhone! It fits the mobile format, but still feels like a Mario game as opposed to the usual mobile fare. It is not too difficult to get through each level (though the challenge definitely ramps up), but the real challenge is unlocking the different characters and getting the special coins. These challenges give the game a huge replay value.It is great to play such a polished game on my iPhone! It fits the mobile format, but still feels like a Mario game as opposed to the usual mobile fare. It is not too difficult to get through each level (though the challenge definitely ramps up), but the real challenge is unlocking the different characters and getting the special coins. These challenges give the game a huge replay value.

Because the monetization is so upfront, the gameplay is not oriented towards pushing you to microtransactions, as is the case with so many other mobile games. It is definitely worth it to buy the full version, but there's a lot of stuff to see in the free content. I spent a couple of hours on the first three levels and Toad rally before buying the other levels.
  27. Dec 16, 2016
    Can't play offline. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  28. Dec 16, 2016
    mi aspettavo di più, si ok, It's Mario! ma il gioco non li vale 10€, corre da solo, evita gli ostacoli da solo, si salta solo per prendere le monete ed evitare di cadere.. bah, con quei soldi compro tanti altri giochi più divertenti. Paghi 10€ perché si chiama Mario, solo quello.
  29. Dec 17, 2016
    there is nothing from Mario Classics in this game.

it's a rhythm game in disguise, and it features all the frustrating dynamics of pay-to-win wait-to-play so called "mobile games"

Oh well... there have been awful Mario games already, we'll cope with this without too much drama.

vote: ZERO.
  30. Dec 16, 2016
    $10? Really? I mean I was enjoying the first 3 levels but it seems way too short to be $10. I had been looking forward to this since the keynote but this just disappoints me majorly. And for something that is online-only, it doesn't really offer any online experience. Potential is there but I'm not paying $10. Should be longer to be worth that. The potential keeps me from giving it a 0.$10? Really? I mean I was enjoying the first 3 levels but it seems way too short to be $10. I had been looking forward to this since the keynote but this just disappoints me majorly. And for something that is online-only, it doesn't really offer any online experience. Potential is there but I'm not paying $10. Should be longer to be worth that. The potential keeps me from giving it a 0. $5.... maybe but it's just a runner, a seemingly short one at that. Temple Run is free. Come on Nintendo. Expand
  31. Dec 16, 2016
    I expected much more from nintendo. Boring game, not a real mario and of course playing online makes this game useless. Very strange and not usable game menu
  32. Dec 18, 2016
    After Nintendo Wii U crisis they have to jump to the mobile market,but they did it good or they are still learning in that business area yet? Looks like they are still learning on transition. Super Mario run is only as good as much you are fan of Mario. There´s nothing new that this mobile game have to offer as a typical casual runner. It remembers Flappy Bird with better graphics and aAfter Nintendo Wii U crisis they have to jump to the mobile market,but they did it good or they are still learning in that business area yet? Looks like they are still learning on transition. Super Mario run is only as good as much you are fan of Mario. There´s nothing new that this mobile game have to offer as a typical casual runner. It remembers Flappy Bird with better graphics and a little more intricate jumping system.High and not so high. But the cours of early classics leave me wondering,why this and now. Furthermore than requires permanent internet connection thing that many hates most. The void simplicity, short longevity, linearity and no innovation in this mobile game just not worthy the money not now not later after a discount. 0 just to cool down the hype of many fanboys expectations to realize that Mario havent reached success in the mobile market,yet. Expand
  33. Dec 19, 2016
    I grew up playing Mario so when I originally heard it was getting a mobile runner style game i was excited. However after playing it and seeing that basically the game playa itself and how you only get to play 3 levels before the game locks you out and insists you pay $10 for only six worlds, I instantly deleted it. It's a joke Nintendo wants you to pay $10 for a freaking runner game whenI grew up playing Mario so when I originally heard it was getting a mobile runner style game i was excited. However after playing it and seeing that basically the game playa itself and how you only get to play 3 levels before the game locks you out and insists you pay $10 for only six worlds, I instantly deleted it. It's a joke Nintendo wants you to pay $10 for a freaking runner game when so many other food runners are free! This game isn't worth $10 and if you pay that just to play a runner you are just wasting money honestly. Like I said I love Mario but this runner game is a cruel joke by Nintendo that I'm not buying and you shouldn't either. Expand
  34. Dec 16, 2016
    This morning my friend was making fun of me for play super Mario 3D land and said that I need to play super Mario run, personally I'm not a fan of endless runners, I played the first few levels for free and didn't enjoy it very much, and before iwata died he said "we have no plans to make games for iOS, if we did, Nintendo wouldn't be Nintendo" miyamoto, your become everything iwata didn'tThis morning my friend was making fun of me for play super Mario 3D land and said that I need to play super Mario run, personally I'm not a fan of endless runners, I played the first few levels for free and didn't enjoy it very much, and before iwata died he said "we have no plans to make games for iOS, if we did, Nintendo wouldn't be Nintendo" miyamoto, your become everything iwata didn't want you to be Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2016
    Absolutely restrictive game! This won't allow me to play the rest of the levels unless I pay and I only got to play 3!
    However, it has some great stuff that is worth checking out (although not much levels to play for free).
  36. Dec 15, 2016
    Excellent gameplay, even with non-standard mechanics, the game manages to surprise by the difficulty and modes available. Just think the game should cost a maximum of $5
  37. Dec 20, 2016
    - This game is not free. It's a tiny shareware demo, that you have to pay a relatively high price to unlock.

- This game requires a constant Internet connection. Forget about playing this in a car, on the subway or anywhere with patchy service. On top of that it's bugged and will often not detect your connection even when it's fine with other apps.

A real missed opportunity :(
  38. Dec 15, 2016
    Generic and unoriginal platform runner that lacks any stand out gameplay aspect. Aside from using the Mario name, There's nothing unique about it. And I love the **** that after 3 levels, You have to pay 10 dollars to "unlock the full game" which is a measly 21 other levels. Nintendo's first real app and it's a money grabber from the jump. What a rip off.
  39. Dec 15, 2016
    One of the worst games ever, I hope nintendo goes bankrupt.

Right from the start, the game messes with a lot of tutorials, this game was intended for casuals that barely know who mario is.
  40. Dec 15, 2016
    Ganhou meus 10 dólares.
    Nem quis saber, já senti a vibe do vício entrando na minha alma no tutorial.
    Provavelmente será tão bom quanto os Raymans.
  41. Dec 15, 2016
    Pésimo es como si el control de tu nintendo se hubiera averiado y la tecla de adelante estaría bloqueada. El formato de speed run fue una muy pero muy mala decisión, espero que recapaciten y saquen un mario decente.
  42. Dec 16, 2016
    40 years later Nintendo is still doing exactly the same crap as before. And this is the company everyone says is innovative? It's 2016, do we still need to rescue that stupid princess again?
    'Hey Mario, I am baking a cake' - Really Nintendo??? What kind of rubbish is this? Are you aware you are not releasing this game for Japan only?
  43. Apr 5, 2017
    Nintendo brings their flagship character over to the mobile gaming arena. The results are mostly satisfying. The series core 2D-platforming makes the transition well. With running being taken over automatically, players are left to control Mario's jumps. Something that controls well thanks to a simple control scheme that is basically nothing more than tapping the screen. A little moreNintendo brings their flagship character over to the mobile gaming arena. The results are mostly satisfying. The series core 2D-platforming makes the transition well. With running being taken over automatically, players are left to control Mario's jumps. Something that controls well thanks to a simple control scheme that is basically nothing more than tapping the screen. A little more depth is added to this by how the game takes into consideration the length of your taps. The longer you hold your finger on the screen, the higher Mario will jump and vise, versa.

Yeah, it's not the most complex thing in the world, but thankfully the strong level design keeps things entertaining. You'll still dodge Goombas, smash Koopas, and battle it out against Bowser like you've been doing for years. However, there's a little more going on than just the standard platforming levels. There's a multiplayer element to the game that will have you racing against the runs of other characters through levels. Not only is it a cool way to test your skills against other players, but winning will grant you Toads which in turn unlocks more content for things like the game's village building elements. Turns out when Bowser kidnapped beach he also decided to level the Mushroom Kingdom on his way out. It's up to you to rebuild things.

I'll be honest, that's probably the least interesting part of the package. This kind of thing has been done to death in mobile gaming. Truth be told, so have infinite runners, but unlike the game's main levels the village building doesn't have the benefit of the Mario series' always strong platforming.

Unfortunately, there is one pretty big flaw to Super Mario Run; there just isn't that much content. Especially if you are trying to go the free-to-play route. Only by purchasing the game can you have access to all the levels. But even then it's not a very lengthy experience. After you've breezed through the campaign, all that will keep you coming back are the multiplayer matches and the hope of some new content on the horizon.

Nintendo does a great job of merging the infinite-runner and 2D-platofrmer genres. It's just a shame that there isn't all that much going on. Still, the content is good enough to warrant the download for longtime Mario fans or just those looking for a well-made mobile game to keep them busy on the go.

7.5/10
  44. Dec 29, 2016
    Some reviews are good, others are bad. So what really makes this game only a sub-par game at best? It should come as no surprise that the answer is, Nintendo. This is your typical Nintendo game, meaning it is fun to play, but ultimately is killed by a very poor implementation. For starters, this $10 game is likely priced too high, but that is opinionated. What makes it feel like it isSome reviews are good, others are bad. So what really makes this game only a sub-par game at best? It should come as no surprise that the answer is, Nintendo. This is your typical Nintendo game, meaning it is fun to play, but ultimately is killed by a very poor implementation. For starters, this $10 game is likely priced too high, but that is opinionated. What makes it feel like it is prices extremely high is the fact that you CAN NOT play this game on all your devices once you purchase it. Family sharing, etc does NOT apply. You must shell out $10 for every device you own in order to play it on them. The second thing Nintendo gets wrong, and possibly the worst thing they could of done, is require an Internet connection at all times to play. Yep, you heard right, they REQUIRE you to be online to play a game about running and collecting coins. So, you just paid $10, possibly multiple times for multiple devices, and now you are on a plane, or on a tablet in a car, etc. Yep, your screwed! The game will simply not function without an Internet connection. Lastly, the game is very short and some of the levels feel rushed or as if Nintendo did not make them their selves. All in all, buyer beware for the reasons I mentioned above, but if this game would of nailed the implementation, it would of got a 4/5 easily. Shame on Nintendo for requiring an Internet connection to play the single player mode, and for also not allowing family accounts access to the game once the ridiculous app price of $10 has been shelled out one time. Cheers! Expand
  45. Dec 20, 2016
    A surprisingly solid adaptation of Mario to a runner format, mechanically speaking. And then you realize it's shorter than the original Super Mario Bros., and costs 5 times as much as plenty of other good mobile games that actually let you play offline.
  46. Dec 24, 2016
    muy bueno tiene la esencia de los arcade me encanta''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  47. Dec 19, 2016
    Haven´t played it very long, just about 30 minutes. Then I totally lost my motivation, to continue. Collecting coins isn´t that spectacular. Automatic run simplifies the gameplay too much in my opinion. The graphics are bad, especially modern smartphones' capabilities would allow way better (3D)graphics, which aren´t utilized here at all. The overall look of the game is incredibly old andHaven´t played it very long, just about 30 minutes. Then I totally lost my motivation, to continue. Collecting coins isn´t that spectacular. Automatic run simplifies the gameplay too much in my opinion. The graphics are bad, especially modern smartphones' capabilities would allow way better (3D)graphics, which aren´t utilized here at all. The overall look of the game is incredibly old and obsolete. 10$ isn´t worth it. Always On DRM sucks and shouldn´t be there at all. Further Nintendo could have released this for EVERY common mobile plattform, but decided to restrict it to iOS. What were they thinking? Expand
  48. Dec 16, 2016
    gioco molto carino, forse un pò stressante il fatto di doversi rifare lo stesso livello 3 volte per completarlo al massimo per via delle monete colorate ma nel complesso a me piace molto. Ho speso 10 euro col sorriso sono sincero, dopotutto si parla sempre di nintendo :) poi sono sicuro che con aggiornamenti futuri il gioco diventerà sempre più bello :)
  49. Dec 23, 2016
    Truly boring garbage. I don't get the appeal. Played it on my friend's phone. I get more enjoyment playing with my "wii" ;) But hey, to each his/her own.
  50. Dec 26, 2016
    Trash .... It's a robbery ... 10 dollars for a game is an armed robbery ... it's rubbish, a lot of smoke, pure hype ... all very nice but too expensive ...
  51. Dec 26, 2016
    Honestly, I enjoy this game. It is fun to play when you have nothing to do and the game actually has some pretty cool features. What sucks though is the fact that it costs £7.99 to go further than level 3 on world 1. I am aware that a purchase is mentioned in the description of the game, but 1, there are those who usually don't check the descriptions of games (I happen to be one of them)Honestly, I enjoy this game. It is fun to play when you have nothing to do and the game actually has some pretty cool features. What sucks though is the fact that it costs £7.99 to go further than level 3 on world 1. I am aware that a purchase is mentioned in the description of the game, but 1, there are those who usually don't check the descriptions of games (I happen to be one of them) and 2, the actual price isn't shown in the description. I'll be generous and give the game a 5/10. I would give more but there is a lot of lost potential. Expand
  52. Jan 17, 2017
    One of the best game.. I play this game..It's a wonderful game..Fun and enjoy game for all ages..AMU Technologies is an award-winning India based Mobile Application Development and Web Development Company, providing mobile app, game application and web development services end to end solutions.
    Read more: http://www.amutechnologies.com/
  53. Apr 8, 2017
    No es q el juego sea malo sino q si eres un tipo pobre q solo quiere jugar a Mario pues entonces te vas decepcionar mucho. Le doy 4 sobre 10 porq simplemente no tenia dinero ni iba a gastar mi dinero en 20 niveles de un juego.
  54. Nov 6, 2017
    Once the hype died, I found a good but short mobile game. If we were to compare this game with other mobile games it would be a 10 but since I hate mobile games I'll give it an 8. Super Mario Run damages the excelent record of amazing Mario games on good consoles, a phone is not a good console.
  55. Mar 24, 2017
    This is a wonderful game, Mario platforming at its heart. I thought that the always running mechanic would be terrible, alas it is not. The game feels smooth and the gameplay is pretty much New Super Mario Bros all over again.

Be warned though. You need to buy the game in order to experience it fully, and $10 might seem too much for mobile gamers (well, it is...). Also, you need to be always online to play this game. If you can really work around both these things I suggest you give it a chance... if not... well, let's say there's a whole bunch of platforming options out there.
  56. May 15, 2018
    Fun for a while, but it felt incredibly repetitive for a while. Plus the $10 price tag is way too expensive.
  57. Aug 2, 2018
    "What, a Mario Running Game? Pretty unoriginal..." is what most people have said at first, but there's much more to it than that. Mario not only saves the Princess but also helps rebuild the Mushroom Kingdom.

The story as standard as can be. It's a Mario game, don't expect much. But the gameplay is absolutely solid and fun to play. Mario takes on more of a parkour move-set and does loads of tricks when you tap on the screen. And he's not the only one. Luigi, Yoshi and more characters join Mario's running adventure, each with their own unique specialty. Unfortunately, playing the main mode doesn't last long, as it is super easy to beat. I beat it in less than an hour. But what keeps you going for the Main Mode is the Building Mode.

Building Mode allows you to customize the Mushroom kingdom (so long as you have coins to afford houses, statues, etc.) and Nintendo is always adding new stuff to put in your kingdom every month.

Toad Rally is where you run an appeal to the crowd of Toads to come into your kingdom. Again, lots of fun but really difficult.

Then there's my favorite part: Remix 10. Remix 10 is where you play random courses endlessly, and constantly earning prizes and items to build your kingdom. Not to mention, you can listen to your own music while playing this mode, which is amazing.

The only real downfall of this game is you have to cough up 10 bucks to purchase the game. But, for me at least, was definitely worth it. "Super Mario Run" is awesome!
  58. Nov 6, 2017
    The fact that you have to pay $9.99 for the full game is so a big part of what killed this game for me. It's also just not a very fun Endless Runner. This game feels like it should be a regular Mario game, like New Super Mario Bros, but it just doesn't work as an ER. I think I'll just stick to Sonic Dash.
  59. Mar 27, 2017
    Super Mario Run wasn't as great as i thought, but it was funny and adorable to play. The story took 1 or 2 hours to complete (yes, this is the time you'll take if you have also bought the additional levels.), but you'll enjoy it more when you play on line against other players. The controls are easy to remember, the graphics are just like any other 2D Mario game and, while it lasts, theSuper Mario Run wasn't as great as i thought, but it was funny and adorable to play. The story took 1 or 2 hours to complete (yes, this is the time you'll take if you have also bought the additional levels.), but you'll enjoy it more when you play on line against other players. The controls are easy to remember, the graphics are just like any other 2D Mario game and, while it lasts, the different worlds with other levels were tricky. In the end, Super Mario Run is the same old Mario game, but with some smooth updates and a good start for what will be Nintendo 's finest run in the vast mobile world. Expand
  60. Nov 29, 2017
    Es un juego de Mario para el móvil, ¡Y funciona bien! Por 10 euros puedes jugar a un juego 2D moderno de Mario completo. El publico no esta acostumbrado a pagar estas cantidades por juegos en los móviles. Si el juego es de este nivel de calidad y tu móvil lo suficientemente potente no dudes en comprarlo.
  61. Apr 20, 2017
    Me encanta, muy entretenido, una nueva manera de manejar a mario y acorde a los juegos de movil, gracias nintendo por hacer un juego tan bueno, que no borrare de mi teléfono como con el pokemon go.
  62. Apr 7, 2017
    I'm 35, have been playing Mario games since I was a kid, I'd have to say this is one of my favorite Super Mario game ever. I think it's a fresh spin on the Mario series, and plays very well on my iPad. My only beef is the game should focus more on the Toad Rally (which is what makes the game very replayable., and have leaderboards, competitions, Etc.
  63. Sep 25, 2017
    This game had great style, music and gameplay. Good level design and nice additional features like the kingdom designing.
    It’s a very creative game made by Nintendo.
    Some features like live local races would have been fun to play with friends and would have been better with an endless mode. But it’s still great. Despite what people say about it being expensive, that doesn’t detract
    It’s a very creative game made by Nintendo.

Despite what people say about it being expensive, that doesn’t detract from it being a bad game or having a bad review. Plus Games don’t cost nothing to make, and free to play games are terrible with the pricing model.
  64. May 17, 2017
    Ok, so this is a mixed opinion (although positive) based on a five-year old and a Nintendo-veteran:s experience. i got this for my tablet, because my daughter uses that, and I'm trying to 'school her' properly by luring her into games which I see appropriate. It doesn't always work like I imagine though.

In short, i think it's a great adaptation for 'newcomers' to experience some

In short, i think it's a great adaptation for 'newcomers' to experience some classic Mario platforming on a phone or a tablet. I'm (the veteran) not that fond of the idea that Mario keeps running like a madman and all you could do to control him is to ... well, jump? But it works! It actually works pretty good and even for a classically trained Mario-player it's still enjoyable.
    Even more so for a five-year old who keeps tapping the screen frequently and still manages to get Mario to jump the flag. She's experiencing a feel of accomplishment. And that's really what Nintendo was all about. She like the "mushrooms, coins and princesses" and other stuff that she honestly just made up from pure imagination. You'll download the game for free as a 'try-out' and then you'll unlock the game from in game paying for it if you deem it worth it. It's a no-brainer, just download and see for yourself.
  65. May 13, 2017
    I've been testing the trial version, and I certainly do not see that magic that I should throw off anywhere. Very simple, you just have to touch any button. The only fun is to take the colored coins, which do not have much difficulty. If you think I'm going to pay almost 10 bucks more micropayments, you're an ****
  66. Sep 13, 2017
    Relatively fun for this type of game, held my interest for a while. The better levels are the "green levels" they seem to be designed with more fun in mind. Some of the other challenging levels are just kind of blah to me. Didn't care much to try the other features of building the mushroom kingdom and such.
  67. Apr 3, 2018
    I don't play a lot of mobile games as I've always had a handheld console to use since GBA and as a product of my time I have always preferred sticks and buttons to touchscreens. This being a Nintendo offering was always going to draw me in and eventually I plumped for the full game. Its basic by design and never tried to suggest otherwise just good old running and jumping. Once I got theI don't play a lot of mobile games as I've always had a handheld console to use since GBA and as a product of my time I have always preferred sticks and buttons to touchscreens. This being a Nintendo offering was always going to draw me in and eventually I plumped for the full game. Its basic by design and never tried to suggest otherwise just good old running and jumping. Once I got the hang of it I enjoyed my play through and the last 2 levels for me were the best of them. I'm sure I'll be going back to mop up some of those missed coins but will give the kingdom builder a miss. My 60% score is against full scale console games. Its not Odyssey but it's the best Mario Mobile phone game I've played! Would have got an 80% or 90% in that regard Expand
  68. Oct 25, 2017
    The gameplay is very simple, but it works very well and is pretty fun, and it has challenges for the bests players. The graphics are amazing, they're just like the new super Mario bros. The world mode has few levels, the coin run is cool, but the kingdom builder mode is limited. In general, Mario run is one of the best plataformers apps for mobile devices, but it's very expensive.
  69. Dec 4, 2017
    The game catches the Mario feel pretty well. But the game is a bit too casual for my taste. Not regretting that of my purchases but I quess I just am not that interested in endless runners.
  70. Feb 25, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nintendo's Choice Of Putting A Mario Game On IOS Was Very Terrible. It Hooks You On Thinking It's Free, But It's Just 3 Levels And Races After, The Game Is Really Short And EVEN SHORTER If You Don't Wanna Spend Money. The Fact That All You Need To Is Tap Is Really, Really Boring! That's It, Tap, And Guess! Not Much Of A Game If That's All You Do, I'm Just WISHING There Was More! Nothing Happened! This Deserves My Rating, Not Best, Not Buy, Not Bad, BUT BARTER. You Can Even Find Better Stuff Than This! Who Wants To Waste 10 Dollars On Just Tapping For 20 Minutes? Expand
  71. Apr 13, 2018
    This game is the reason I bought an Iphone 6 S. I finally got what I wanted. Mario on phone with no emulator. This game has great graphics, awesome music and responsive controls. Nintendo did an awesome job on this.

1. Apr 8, 2017
    Super Mario Run is a Mario game on your phone, get over it already. Because if you don't you're missing out on a great Mario experience. Like any other Mario game, practise and precision is key; just because you use one hand to play it doesn't make it any less skillful. The game feels like a Mario game but at the same time it also feels like a more modern title on a phone. World Tour rewards you for grinding and Toad Rally is the pay off, Nintendo's managed to make the entire game balanced no matter how you like to play. Nothing takes longer than it has to, it's a game on your phone and Nintendo's fully managed that. Super Mario Run is addictive, charming and fun and well worth the full price. You like fun right?
  2. Games Master UK
    Feb 18, 2017
    An accomplished transition to mobile that should appeal to novices and mario veterans alike. [Feb 2017, p.74]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Feb 15, 2017
    It's not quite vintage Mario, but this long-awaited mobile debut demonstrates an ingenuity and a keen appreciation of format that is quintessentially Nintendo. [Feb 2017, p.123]