- Publisher: CD Projekt
- Release Date: Jul 9, 2020
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spinsThronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran and queen of two Northern Realms Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
AN ALL NEW EPIC TALE
* Experience an all-new 30-hour Witcher world tale with 20 possible world end-states.
* Embark on a grand adventure full of thought-provoking quests.
* Influence the state of the world around you by making difficult choices and face their consequences.
* Meet a cast of rich, multidimensional characters some of them will join you on your quest, others you'll have to face on the battlefield.
TRAVEL TO NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN KINGDOMS
* Explore new and mysterious regions of the monster-infested world of The Witcher.
* Traverse vast lands and unique locations, all with their distinct theme from vibrant countrysides and war-torn landscapes, to grand castles and snow-capped mountains.
* Save villages from hordes of monsters, look for treasures hidden among ancient ruins, scour the land for resources, and more the world of Thronebreaker is teeming with things to do.
PREPARE FOR WAR
* Develop and customize your very own battle camp.
* Train and recruit units, unlock new skills and work on your tactics.
* Manage resources you find and trade them with local merchants.
* Learn more about your companions and increase their strength in battle.
LEAD YOUR ARMY IN EPIC BATTLES
* Build an army from characters you meet and interact with during your journey.
* Fight in epic story battles and solve unique puzzles and challenges.
* Use unique skills and abilities of your army and lead it to victory.… Expand
- Developer: CD Projekt
- Genre(s): Strategy, Turn-Based, Card Battle
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 5 out of 6
Mixed: 1 out of 6
Negative: 0 out of 6
Jul 8, 2021Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is, on the whole, a brilliant game. Anyone who comes in expecting the next mainstream Witcher title is going to be disappointed, but perhaps less so than you might imagine. Despite being a different genre to the main action-RPG series, Thronebreaker perfectly captures the spirit and tone of the series and acts as a thrilling return to the Northern Realms. With deviously clever puzzles and challenging card games, backed with an interesting new story, Thronebreaker is well worth your time.
Aug 10, 2020Telling the story of Meve, queen of Lyria, and replete with familiar characters from the games and books, Thronebreaker’s games of Gwent mix standard one-on-one matches with a plethora of puzzle levels, each with its own set of rules and constraints. The result is a rich and varied tactical tour de force, comprising dozens of hours of entertainment backed up by a story that’s as twisted and interesting as Witcher fans have come to expect.
Jul 20, 2020Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales isn't here to revolutionize the iOS gaming landscape, but that's totally OK. Once players get past the occasionally-clunky mechanics and the slight learning curve, it's an enjoyable experience in a lot of ways.
Aug 31, 2020With a gripping story, fantastic visuals, and smart card play, Thronebreaker has finally found its true home.
Jul 24, 2020Overall, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales on iOS is an essential for any fans of The Witcher 3 and Gwent. If you don’t like card games but enjoy the world of CD Projekt Red’s Witcher the storytelling here will more than make up for that. You can even play on a lower difficulty to skip encounters if you just want to experience the story and world. The writing and story are strong enough to even make this worth it for those who don’t know anything about The Witcher since this is a standalone experience. With a few fixes and improvements, the iOS version of Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales can easily be the best way to play it.
Jul 15, 2020Even if you think Gwent is more than an over-engineered mini-game, the mobile version of Thronebreaker leaves some things to be desired.
Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Jul 12, 2022If you like the witcher and gwent you should try this. It has a nice story and the card games are varied, although at the end all the cardIf you like the witcher and gwent you should try this. It has a nice story and the card games are varied, although at the end all the card games got a bit stale IMO. But still great for a mobile game.… Expand