9.0

1. Oct 6, 2017
    Very fun game. Though it's a little short, it's a very funny adventure. There's not really anything to do after beating the story, other than the multiplayer. But the multiplayer is fun, and it's fun to play the story more than once. This is a short, but great game. (Update: 10/6/2017): I've come to the realization that this game hasn't aged as well as Live & Reloaded. Not saying it's aVery fun game. Though it's a little short, it's a very funny adventure. There's not really anything to do after beating the story, other than the multiplayer. But the multiplayer is fun, and it's fun to play the story more than once. This is a short, but great game. (Update: 10/6/2017): I've come to the realization that this game hasn't aged as well as Live & Reloaded. Not saying it's a bad game now, but I realized it just isn't what it use to be to me. It's a classic, just not a great classic. Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2017
    This game is weird. I loved the characters, the world and the dialogue. But nothing in the single-player game was... fun. Playing this game was like doing chores to get to the next cutscene. Watching someone else play through this game on YouTube ended up being more enjoyable than playing it myself.
  3. Aug 13, 2017
    The amount of people looking at this game through rose colored glasses is crazy. I dare anybody that'd instantly give this game a ten based on their memories of it to grab the rare replay and try this game again. The game just doesn't stand up to time. The three main issues are the difficulty, the controls and the camera. Now I like a challenging game as much as the next guy, but this gameThe amount of people looking at this game through rose colored glasses is crazy. I dare anybody that'd instantly give this game a ten based on their memories of it to grab the rare replay and try this game again. The game just doesn't stand up to time. The three main issues are the difficulty, the controls and the camera. Now I like a challenging game as much as the next guy, but this game will constantly stoop to unnecessarily challenging challenges (for example the end missions of the last to chapters). This leads to the next two issues: the controls and camera. Maybe it wasn't a big as issue back then because it was mostly the norm for games to have iffy controls and camera, but it really does stand out in 2017.

Overall, maybe if I had played this as a kid when it first came out I'd love it just as well as most everybody else. The story and jokes are still good. If only everything else didn't get in the way.
    Dec 31, 2002
    The game was ok but there were bobs everwhere.
  5. Jun 23, 2011
    Conker was an amazing technical feat on the n64, and Rare pushed the system to its absolute limits with this swan song n64 title. But for all its visual beauty, Conker really was nothing more than a crass, obtuse platformer. It's not always clear what your next objective is supposed to be, and their is a good deal of trial and error in the games puzzles (which aren't that fun ).Conker was an amazing technical feat on the n64, and Rare pushed the system to its absolute limits with this swan song n64 title. But for all its visual beauty, Conker really was nothing more than a crass, obtuse platformer. It's not always clear what your next objective is supposed to be, and their is a good deal of trial and error in the games puzzles (which aren't that fun ). The platforming and jumping segments can be extremely frustrating at times, due to the camera. The game tries to be clever and funny with toilet humor, british humor, and satire of films like the Matrix, Saving Private Ryan and a Clockwork Orange. But the game is never as clever or fun as it thinks it is. Yes, it's different, and it was daring of Nintendo to have an adult game on what was largely considered a kiddie console, but in the end Conker will always be known more for its shock value, than being a great game. Extra point for the games multiplayer, which was a lof of fun. Expand
  6. May 27, 2019
    It is an amazing game as it is funny with its "oh my, perverted jokes and the likes made by a squirrel others, this game really is so 'no f's given'" and pays hommage to a lot of movies. But that is really all the game is known for. There is barely any coherent story as it is an amalgamation of movies like Terminator, The Godfather, Saving Private Ryan, The Exorcist, Dracula, etc. exceptIt is an amazing game as it is funny with its "oh my, perverted jokes and the likes made by a squirrel others, this game really is so 'no f's given'" and pays hommage to a lot of movies. But that is really all the game is known for. There is barely any coherent story as it is an amalgamation of movies like Terminator, The Godfather, Saving Private Ryan, The Exorcist, Dracula, etc. except for "Conker f'ed up and tries to get back his girlfriend" but the overall stages are absolutely not connected to the others and when it comes to the gameplay there is so much to complain from a technical standpoint and the lack of making it intuitive - as a matter of fact the greatest flaw, that I do not even want to start talking about it. It is funny and should be played once. But it is not worth the 200 bucks that it costs today. But the price is only there for other people to say "oh my god you have this scandalous foul-mouthed and expensive game" anyway not because it is the non plus ultra of gaming. If you want it because you want a good N64 game better buy something else like Zelda or Mario games or one of the many other better working games on the system.

The description of some people here in the ratings definitely does not suit the game. Not because I cannot accept opinions but because of what the game factually is and how certain words are defined. E.g. you would have to play really badly programmed games to say this game has great controls. And I must know it since I am a computer scientist AND am playing games for about 25 years.
  7. Nov 17, 2018
    It could be superb without cursing and several boob references. I didn't find one inseparable and noninterchangeable swear. Meaning it could've gotten a lot more respect and appreciation. They just should've added a gore-off button and that's it.

Conker's is a mix of all possible genres and mainstream parodies topped with crazy "let's-cut-it" ending. It's unique and unnecessarily gross. It's fun and diverse. It's artificially difficult at times. Mostly because of the random camera switches.

All in all a good game with graphics one generation ahead for those adults who wants to remember its childhood without getting childish.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 2001

1. It absolutely is the best looking, sounding, and playing N64 game. It should not be missed.
    A spectacularly creative, wonderfully satisfying 3D action-platformer that -- ass joke and bloody messes encapsulated -- shines with Nintendo's very best.
  3. You will almost never get tired of playing Conker, as there are few tedious spots in the game. BFD terrifically spoofs such movies as "The Matrix," "Saving Private Ryan," "A Clockwork Orange," "The Untouchables," "Alien," "Star Wars," "Dr. Strangelove," and more.