Mario Tennis

Nintendo 64
8.8

1. May 12, 2014
    The first Tennis videogame I ever played. It also aspired me to play tennis later in my life. This game is still amazing and still has charm. It is way better than any nintendo wii tennis game. Yoshi is by far the best. I used every character and got them all to gold. I still have a copy to this day. It is one of the few n64 games i wish to keep.
  2. Jul 1, 2014
    This is my favourite tennis game of all time. The gameplay was absolutely fantastic and in my opinion this was one of the best 4 player games on the N64 (which is saying something). Easy enough to get into but difficult to master it got the balance just right and didn't clutter the gameplay with needless powerups like the Gamecube follow-up. Great memories.
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    This game was so amazing me and my daddy used to always play it. It was so good and it never gets old i could just go over who didnt have an N64 back then?
  4. Mar 22, 2018
    This game single handedly made tennis fun. Easy to play but hard to master.
  5. Aug 26, 2012
    One of the most hilarious, gratifying multiplayer games I know of. Beautiful summer days were lost as me and a couple of friends would sit indoors and let us get blasted by this iconic but overlooked title.
  6. ZiggyStardust
    Oct 31, 2002
    A great game, with it's only real drawback being not enough to do in the 1 player game. It's particularly good though with 3 friends.
  7. DuncanS.
    Jul 3, 2002
    One of the best n64 games! eva!
  8. YoYo
    Oct 30, 2003
    Those who said 9 or below SUCK. it's Da best. Daisy's hot.
  9. PyroFreak
    May 12, 2006
    This game rocks my socks ! ! ! its the best its cool that u can be Shy Guy.
  10. ChristiaanL.
    Jun 26, 2001
    This game is fun for the whole family. I haven't beaten everything in the game yet, and I have put well over twenty hours into it.
  11. Bob
    Aug 24, 2001
    Its good- go buy it.
  12. MikeC.
    Feb 26, 2002
    The perfect game!!!
    Sep 24, 2003
    This game is the best game ever for N64!!!
  14. RobertA.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Best tennis game for the n64 by far. mario tennis is great fun. not much of a 1 player mode though :( get friends have serve it up. :)
  15. AcePilot
    Jul 5, 2007
    It's 2007, 7 years since this great game came out, and I still love it. Although, the second day I started playing recently all my data got deleted.. NOW they tell me not to rapidly press on off.
  16. DanielB.
    Apr 21, 2002
    I'll give it a 10, GO BUY IT!...or else!
  17. SeanB.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Addicting even for a non tennis fan.
  18. MaxR.
    Dec 11, 2003
    It's great!
  19. Jul 17, 2016
    This is a great and fantastic N64 game and as well as a classic. I do think that Power Tennis is better but this game started the series and it is very original.
  20. Apr 25, 2018
    It is another excellent sporty Mario game. I don't have much to say about it, so I won't. I won't pretend like this game is something from another world, or something to bow down to. But it is one of the funnest games on the Nintendo 64 period. Would it make it into my top 10? I am not sure, but it certainly up there. Do you like Mario? Do you like tennis? Do you like having fun? Look no further.
  21. Jul 16, 2018
    (Not a review of the N64 game but of the GameBoy Color game)
    The game is good but it should be called Marth Tennis because of the overly horizontally sized hitboxes
  22. Dec 10, 2018
    The N64 version was really great, GBC version was okay, VB version is potato!
  23. May 1, 2020
    Another must-have game in the super mario universe to play with colleagues or family. Super easy to play, great variety of characters, addictive and fun. Essential.
  24. Jun 29, 2020
    An N64 Classic. One of the best Mario sports games although not the best of them all, it's definitely in the top 5.
  25. Aug 27, 2020
    Great tennis game! Great Mario game!

Amazing multiplayer game for the 64, a top 5 for games night! Everytime someone had doubted this game they admitted after playing they were wrong! This game utilizes the transfer pak which makes it more than just a pokemon transfer tool. An extra point to this game for adding value to the transfer pak and integrating the GBC version into this
    Great tennis game! Great Mario game!

This game utilizes the transfer pak which makes it more than just a pokemon transfer tool. An extra point to this game for adding value to the transfer pak and integrating the GBC version into this game. The GBC version is also an amazing game.

Graphics and controls for this game are great and there is a good variety of courts to choose from.

#7 Most Discussed N64 Game of 2000
#6 Most Shared N64 Game of 2000

Universal acclaim - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. CNET Gamecenter
    Lifelike tennis action with whimsical Mario Bros.-style flair that's insanely addictive and provides more fun than you could possibly imagine.
  2. Nintendorks
    It must be understood that the 9 you see on the right in the Overall category of the review scores is a qualified 9. It's the highest possible 9 that can be given, mere micrometers away from a 10.
  3. If you ever thought you'd see a fun Tennis game, this is certainly it, and probably one of the most fun games in any genre.