Super Mario 64

Nintendo 64
9.2

1. May 24, 2014
    I know this game was revolutionary, but whenever I pick it up and play it- it always ends in frustration about one of the many things that this game hasn't aged well in. Some of these bad things are: that the camera is clunky, Mario cannot turn around without running in a circle, the music (while great) gets old very quickly, and also the fact that there are so many stars per level- I getI know this game was revolutionary, but whenever I pick it up and play it- it always ends in frustration about one of the many things that this game hasn't aged well in. Some of these bad things are: that the camera is clunky, Mario cannot turn around without running in a circle, the music (while great) gets old very quickly, and also the fact that there are so many stars per level- I get tired of going back to the same boring level over and over again to get stars. In conclusion, while the game was an 8.5/10 in 1996, now the game is extremely dated and frustrating because of it. Expand
  2. JoeS.
    Feb 21, 2008
    An okay game, but ultimately boring if you're not a die hard Mario fan. The enemies are as goofy as always, the levels are small to moderate in size with little to look at except green and brown walls, and ultimately you're just doing the same thing over and over again as you try to grab stars. I am totally lost as to why people call this the best game of all time. I stopped An okay game, but ultimately boring if you're not a die hard Mario fan. The enemies are as goofy as always, the levels are small to moderate in size with little to look at except green and brown walls, and ultimately you're just doing the same thing over and over again as you try to grab stars. I am totally lost as to why people call this the best game of all time. I stopped playing after half an hour and have never played it since. Expand
  3. WarioI.
    Jun 1, 2002
    I'm wishing this game could be a 2-4 player because mario games are cool with 4 player game like mario party 1 - 3.
  4. BeauQ.
    Mar 28, 2006
    A classic game after all these years.
  5. Jan 29, 2014
    I just can't understand why people ike this game.Absolutely awful,just awful graphic(it is all because of the platform),easy to die because of bad camera view.Characters looks absolutely awful,no one looks as in original game,especially Bowser.5,8 out of ten because it is QUITE playable
  6. Aug 22, 2014
    this game is good but could be better it has solid controls and level design a great hubworld with 3 new powerups the wing cap, the vanish cap and the metal cap and if you download project 64 and a rom of the game you can have ALL 3 AT ONCE!!!
  7. Oct 16, 2016
    gráfico ok (pra época) história nada de mais isso é mario!! nao tem nada haver com mario, eu daria a ele um titulo de spin off e bom... a JOGABILIDADE É HORRIVEL os pulos nao sao nem um pouco precisos é dificil controlar o mario em plataformas finas (não encontrei palavra melhor) e esse é o maior problema desse jogo e de muitos do N64 a e a camera tambem é muito ruim menos um ponto.
  8. Oct 21, 2017
    This was an important game, because for the time it was revolutionary, but now, it's kind of dated. It still has fun moments, and there is a certain charm to it, but I feel like Crash Bandicoot and Sonic Adventure have aged a bit better than this game. Also, I prefer the DS version.
  9. Nov 1, 2017
    The game is fun! but the control is absolute TRASH! If you want to play super mario 64 please do your self a favor and play the remake, it has more content and better controls.
  10. Apr 20, 2018
    This game was a milestone due to its 3D environment.

The level design was unique back in the times and the controls with the N64 stick were precise.

Still the game felt a little empty. No story as usual and the sound effects were a bit cheap. The same boss used over and over again.

7 out of 10.
  11. Apr 21, 2018
    It's no better then ok It's the best game in the Mario games but its NOT A good game its just ok
    5/10 from me.
  12. May 29, 2018
    this game is very overrated it has bad character models horrible camera weird controls also after every star you collect you go back to the hub world that is a lazy way of stretching out a short game
  13. Sep 11, 2019
    No esta mal, y es innovador, pero envejeció terriblemente mal, como cualquier otro Mario. Y después me dicen que la N64 es mas potente que el PS1.....
    La cámara es un asco, ese es el problema mas grave que tiene el juego, esa cámara de mie... que tienen todos los juegos de N64.
    La música esta bastante bien, pero nada especial....
    Puede ser divertido... al menos 30 minutos...
  14. Sep 7, 2019
    This Game is overrated. I mean, it can be fun, but it aged rather poorly, the camera is probably the worse i have ever seen in a 3D platformer, the Gameplay is pretty stiff and clunky, and it can get pretty repetitive. I'd recommend later Mario Games that improved on the formula rather than this one.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1996
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1996

1. The distribution of power stars in the levels is horrendous. I think 7 stars in one level is more than enough, don't you think? I understand that there are memory constraints, but there either could have been less stars overall, or 1 (maybe 2) more level(s). Definately a problem.
  2. It has quickly grown to become the standard by which almost all other games are measured.
  3. This is definitely a game no game collection should be without...Seriously!