9.1

1. Oct 26, 2018
    Outdated and bland. While this may have at one time presented new and interesting ideas, they are not at all engaging or fantastic from a modern perspective. Coupling this with poorly executed mechanics, frustrating tedium, and an uninteresting world, Ocarina of Time is best passed up for future games in the series or even for other games entirely.
  2. Jan 20, 2018
    Adventure is fun, but does not hold up well. Water temple is beyond annoying, camera is beyond revolting, and is often hard to understand what is ok to do, and what is not. What i mean by that is, sometimes it wants you to experiment, but then it punishes you when you get something wrong, which ironically discourages exploration. I wouldn't be so hard on it if this wasn't considered aAdventure is fun, but does not hold up well. Water temple is beyond annoying, camera is beyond revolting, and is often hard to understand what is ok to do, and what is not. What i mean by that is, sometimes it wants you to experiment, but then it punishes you when you get something wrong, which ironically discourages exploration. I wouldn't be so hard on it if this wasn't considered a masterpiece. Its an 'ok' game at best. I would say try it, really, if you haven't played it yet then try it. I don't have any nostalgia for the game so maybe thats why im so annoyed at all its flaws. And yes, i do think BOTW was more fun and 'adventurous' to play. Expand
  3. Sep 30, 2017
    Ocarina's story was lazy- it was exactly the same as Link to the Past's. It was in early 64 bit 3D graphics, and therefore NEEDED a remake to look better, unlike predecessors which had beautiful spritework and much more open gameplay. Navi is annoying, the water dungeon is painful, the story is copy and paste, Link just doesn't look quite right, there's a painful collectathon that's noOcarina's story was lazy- it was exactly the same as Link to the Past's. It was in early 64 bit 3D graphics, and therefore NEEDED a remake to look better, unlike predecessors which had beautiful spritework and much more open gameplay. Navi is annoying, the water dungeon is painful, the story is copy and paste, Link just doesn't look quite right, there's a painful collectathon that's no fun, (unlike quite a few later ones) and there's a dungeon in the belly of an animal. The 3DS remake is significantly better, though the gameplay still didn't improve by much. Expand
  4. Mar 28, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have not beat the game yet but so I far I like everything except for what happens to Saria. It's great that she's a sage. Unfortunately it's crappy that she'll never see Link again and he'll never see her again!!! Saria is such a great character and I'm so pissed that Kokiri never grow up. Sure Zelda may be the "main girl" in the series; but Link and Saria always had special relationship and I mad that she's gone. I've still seen the credits of the game but I'm still mad. I'm sure if you go to this link you may ot may not agree with me.

5. May 17, 2018
    I never saw the appeal of this game. A Link to the Past was far superior in my opinion. Z-Targeting was a good concept but poorly executed, a lot of the issues I have with the game are simply products of 3d being a new concept in '98. An important game in gaming history, but it has aged poorly and some of the poor design choice are highlighted because of it.
  6. Oct 30, 2018
    Adventure is fun, but does not hold up well. Water temple is beyond annoying, camera is beyond revolting, and is often hard to understand what is ok to do, and what is not. What i mean by that is, sometimes it wants you to experiment, but then it punishes you when you get something wrong, which ironically discourages exploration. I wouldn't be so hard on it if this wasn't considered aAdventure is fun, but does not hold up well. Water temple is beyond annoying, camera is beyond revolting, and is often hard to understand what is ok to do, and what is not. What i mean by that is, sometimes it wants you to experiment, but then it punishes you when you get something wrong, which ironically discourages exploration. I wouldn't be so hard on it if this wasn't considered a masterpiece. Its an 'ok' game at best. I would say try it, really, if you haven't played it yet then try it. I don't have any nostalgia for the game so maybe thats why im so annoyed at all its flaws. And yes, i do think BOTW was more fun and 'adventurous' to play Expand
  7. Dec 3, 2016
    This is game is Insanely over-rated. I'm the kind of person that rates every game on how it stacks up today, not how it was in the past. Older games can be amazing, I go back and play Megaman and the original zelda and love them, but this game is pretty terrible, having to wait for your enemy to attack just to fight and having one of the most boring and terrible lacking over-worlds everThis is game is Insanely over-rated. I'm the kind of person that rates every game on how it stacks up today, not how it was in the past. Older games can be amazing, I go back and play Megaman and the original zelda and love them, but this game is pretty terrible, having to wait for your enemy to attack just to fight and having one of the most boring and terrible lacking over-worlds ever doesn't help. Not to mention the camera is horrid. IF you want a more detailed review I suggest Egoraptor's video on the game. Expand
  8. Mar 30, 2017
    I was very disappointed by this game, as it didn't live up to the high standard set by its predecessors. I completed my first run of the game the day I got it to 100% completion, and found it to have very little replay value. The combat is mostly waiting for openings to be able to damage your foes which isn't real difficulty, it just feels like difficulty. The game is also WAY too linearI was very disappointed by this game, as it didn't live up to the high standard set by its predecessors. I completed my first run of the game the day I got it to 100% completion, and found it to have very little replay value. The combat is mostly waiting for openings to be able to damage your foes which isn't real difficulty, it just feels like difficulty. The game is also WAY too linear for a Zelda, with the story taking precedence over the gameplay.

While it was really Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link that introduced most of Ocarina of Time's issues to the series, it was Ocarina of Time that really cemented them into the future installments, making them all part of the regular formula, which knocks my review of this game down much further.

It's a fun enough few hours, but you're better off getting a much better game in the series, like Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, the original NES Zelda, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening, or the Oracle games (as one connected game; they don't hold up as well separately.) Any of those will give you more fun for a longer time, more world to explore, and better dungeon puzzles to solve.

Even Zelda 2 at least makes more use of vertical space. With VERY few exceptions (one Deku Tree puzzle and the Water Temple), Ocarina of Time's puzzles are very 2D. Even Link to the Past used height for more of its puzzles than this game did. The graphics might be more 3D, but the gameplay is not.
  9. Sep 1, 2013
    The game honestly has value but aged pretty terribly. Anyone who says its fantastic just has the feeling of nostalgia when the played it as a kid. Me personally only played it once like a month ago. The only thing I liked in the game was the music, and even the music wasn't that good! Legend of Zelda is a thing of the past and people wont realize because it probably resembles yourThe game honestly has value but aged pretty terribly. Anyone who says its fantastic just has the feeling of nostalgia when the played it as a kid. Me personally only played it once like a month ago. The only thing I liked in the game was the music, and even the music wasn't that good! Legend of Zelda is a thing of the past and people wont realize because it probably resembles your childhood or 2 years of your life. I think when people who like this game play it, they don't open their eyes and realize that the game is boring and lacks something. Expand
  10. Sep 21, 2016
    Bad controls, uninteresting story, uninteresting game play. It's good for its time, but it has aged horribly. Not to mention I don't find the style or formula for the Zelda series fun at all.
  11. May 30, 2014
    Lots of Zelda fans claim Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda, if not the best game of all time, I strongly disagree, I played up until the Fire Temple and I just couldn't finish, the game itself was boring and the world ws empty, the only places that were there were places you needed to be for the main storyline, the game lacked in charm and felt dull and bland. My favorites in the series,Lots of Zelda fans claim Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda, if not the best game of all time, I strongly disagree, I played up until the Fire Temple and I just couldn't finish, the game itself was boring and the world ws empty, the only places that were there were places you needed to be for the main storyline, the game lacked in charm and felt dull and bland. My favorites in the series, (Twilight Princess and Windwaker) were much better, Ocarina of Time feels linear, the puzzles are easy, the temples are uncreative and the game just doesn’t pull me in and get me hokked on it like TP or WW, so to be honest, Ocatina of Time is really, really overated. Expand
  12. Mar 3, 2017
    The original Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time marked a defining point in Nintendo's history. With its great anticipation, people were anxiously waiting to dive in what appeared to be the greatest game of all time. Indeed it was amazing. Great experience overall.
  13. Mar 7, 2017
    lo e comprado por las notas tan altas que tenia y es una m... nada aconsejable, con graficos de hace 20 años, controles toscos, pesima jugabilidad... no eches vuestro dinero a nintendo, digo, a la basura
  14. ShlimN.
    Mar 8, 2002
    It really isn't as good as they say it is!
  15. Dec 23, 2015
    I am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch whereI am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch where you could finish the game in 10 mins. anyway i did play through it some more. i liked some of the stuff but i just rage quitted at the water temple. i betcha this game hadnt got a water temple it would have got 100% people saying "Best Game EVER" and stuff like that. now te super mario 64 was revolutionary and one of the best games ever made for it. so was goldeneye. but i still cant forgive nintendo for the disaster of this game. rather play ride to hell retribution Expand
  16. Sep 19, 2016
    I played it for the first time last year and was shocked by how bad the graphics were. Seriousl, games released in 2008 have better graphics and effects than this garbage. Not to mention the gameplay is boring and unoirinal. I got about 30 minutes in before quitting. It's so hard because the controls suck. 0/10.
  17. Jan 4, 2015
    I really found this game to be one of the more disappointing games in the Legend Of Zelda Series. I found the dungeons very repetitive and the story lacked in plot twist and there was no character development at all.
    The graphics have not improved at all and the enemy's do not get harder as the games go on.
    overall i found Ocarina of Time to be a massive disappoint,
  18. Nov 14, 2014
    maybe its just me but i find this game to not be that fun i know i did not enjoy playing it, i would like to hear why so many people think its the best game of all time to me it is just not fun the game play is not that great the story bad nothing good in this game
  19. Sep 11, 2013
    I love legend of zelda, but this game almost killed it for me. First of all, NAVI IS SO ANNOYING, this fairy always says stupid things and states the obvious 100% of the time. Second, the intro to this game was horrendous, and the entire first act was annoying. Third, the over world and transportation was annoying. Fourth, the locking system was terrible.

The second act was good, but

The second act was good, but the first act was so terrible that it ruined the entire experience for me. I don't understand how anyone thinks this game is a masterpiece. The only thing that is good about this game is the story. The overall experience is frustrating at times and some of the bosses are bad as well. I will definitely will NOT recommend this game to anyone.
  20. Apr 18, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64 is one of the most overhyped games in existence, its got bland gameplay. Absolutely terrible combat mechanics and runs at a staggering twenty frames per second (16 in PAL regions)
  21. Aug 3, 2017
    All of you are only saying the good things in this game,well i will say all the bad things bad graphics,old game,short game,bad ending(link just save Zelda thats it?),easy boss,impossible to finish without walktrough,cant cross in small fences,no sandbox mode in the end,easy boss,bad drama,wrong story(link raise the Volvagia and give it to the Gorons,what they think that its better withoutAll of you are only saying the good things in this game,well i will say all the bad things bad graphics,old game,short game,bad ending(link just save Zelda thats it?),easy boss,impossible to finish without walktrough,cant cross in small fences,no sandbox mode in the end,easy boss,bad drama,wrong story(link raise the Volvagia and give it to the Gorons,what they think that its better without that?),its better if they add multiplayer,they are making lots of remake why dont they add a remake in that game,add a better story based in comics and add multiplayer,Im so dissapointed of this game i will rate it 0! Expand
  22. J-malJ
    Jun 26, 2008
    Boring game, graphics suck, gameplay is boring, no fun at all. I don't see why anyone would play it.
  23. MarkusE.
    Sep 16, 2007
    The dungeons were very repetitive and always reused the same puzzle elements, like blocks, torches, switches, ect. The items were rarely used outside of dungeons, like the magic hammer and mirror shield. Also, the game is a dungeon grind: you get the hookshot, then go straight to Forest Temple. Go to Goron City, speak to the child Goron, and go directly to Fire. The story was kind of The dungeons were very repetitive and always reused the same puzzle elements, like blocks, torches, switches, ect. The items were rarely used outside of dungeons, like the magic hammer and mirror shield. Also, the game is a dungeon grind: you get the hookshot, then go straight to Forest Temple. Go to Goron City, speak to the child Goron, and go directly to Fire. The story was kind of boring and a rehash of A Link to the Past's with an unsurprising twist at the end. There was very little plot development at all in the adult portion of the quest, basically just running from temple to temple with each sage speaking about five lines of text after defeating every boss. Also, the bosses are easy. Every boss can be defeated in 5 seconds with crouching stabs. Expand
  24. GregS
    Jun 2, 2008
    Why does everyone think this is the best game ever, it's boring.
  25. EnddorD.
    Jul 23, 2007
    One word: Boring.
  26. JamesF.
    Oct 7, 2004
    Another boring tedious attempt by Nintendo. Brings nothing new to the genre.
  27. WTS.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Overrated game or MOST overrated game ever? Stop milking your series' so much.
  28. Somebody
    Jan 11, 2007
    I only give this a two because it's fun to watch other people fight the final boss. Couldn't hold my interest for any amount of time.
  29. MichaelCorleone
    Apr 15, 2008
    Pointless game, i'd rather count my fingers.
  30. WarrrenB.
    Apr 12, 2004
    It's bad and too hard.
  31. Bob
    Apr 4, 2003
    Zelda is possibly the worst creation of all time.
  32. ChetS.
    Dec 3, 2003
    I dont like Zelda it is a boring game with not enough action or hardcore monsters like the orcs from lotr! ZELDA STINKS!!!!!
  33. Oct 25, 2018
    زيلدا لعبه ابو كلب مدري ليش خذات هذا التقيم

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.