I am really enjoying Paladins on the Switch. Yea its not the most tech Advance version compared to PS4 and Xbox 1 but its pretty close considering i also play it on PS4 at my friends house alot. Lots of things to unlock lots of shooting as well. Very happy it was ported to the Switch.
Paladins fills a fairly significant gap in the Switch’s library, and should hopefully continue to grow as a great multiplayer shooter on the system. Some general bugs and long queue times aside, what’s here is - generally - an excellent experience.
While Fortnite is deservedly garnering a ton of attention, don’t let Paladins slip past you. It has fun characters, a fair progression system, wildly addictive combat, and a vibrant look that makes each battle a real rush.
Paladins is a fun shooter, and encourages long-term play with its unlockables and level-up progressions. It loses to Fortnite in the addictiveness stakes, though, and isn't helped by a less-than-seamless matchmaking system.
While it sounds like I’m just tearing this game apart, it’s not out of spite, and nor do I think Paladins is a bad game. There’s some very solid mechanics and gameplay in here, it’s just wrapped in a lot of tedium and waiting that it makes it hard to justify opening for a few games. When it goes free to play, I’d definitely recommend checking it out, but I wouldn’t go buying the Founders Pack to play early just yet.
Paladins is a derivative, but fun, free-to-play hero shooter. It's not nearly as slickly produced as its clear inspiration, Overwatch. However, it's a competent game in its own right, and many players would choose it over its model.
* Good fun, with a nice mix of characters for every play style.
* Runs silky smooth on the Switch.
* Not nearly as predatory as the average FTP. You can play it for free indefinitely. The one-buy Champions Pack gives you basically everything you might want, except for cosmetic items.
* It's hard to look over the fact that it's an Overwatch knock-off without all the polish.
* Low production values, especially in the cheap character design and laggy menus.
* Still plays some dirty tricks to get your money, such as leaving you with spare "crystals" (the in-store currency), encouraging you to buy more.
It's almost unplayable son switch. Too much lag, framerate drops and freezes. It's a great game but on switch too many technical problems. I don't know if the other problems are having the same problems as well.