4.1

1. May 29, 2018
    Great Graphics , and art direction , and a great fetish fuel. As a game it sucks tho
  2. Jun 3, 2018
    Tiring of hiding from the seemingly looking demons. Undeveloped locations, very similar to each other and not as terrible as it seemed, a pity because it promised to be terrible, and it is miserable.
  3. Jun 8, 2018
    Agony
    Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be
    but still annoying Agony is a 12 hour long horror stealth game where you play as a spirit trying to get out of hell you start inside of a body and youll run into creepy characters as youre running through the beginning area collecting an offer to unlock the gate and move on… things are enjoyable and creepy enough at first.. feeling like
    Agony
    Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be
    but still annoying
    things are enjoyable and creepy enough at first.. feeling like this is going to be some demonic walking simulator..
    and then demons are introduced.. you’re thrown into a maze to collect 4 skulls and this is when you realize you’re in for a bunch of trial and error stealth frustration…
    This games biggest problem is that it lacks polish..
    though the developers clearly tried to make a good game here.. it doesn’t feel rushed through the entire journey… it feels a bit like an ambitious try from fans of demons and such…..
    naked body parts and blood all over the place
    There are mirrors here which act as your checkpoint.. they have to be found though, they don’t automatically activate… you can punish yourself by making them break when you die 3 times, but I kept that feature off.. I kept it as a respawn point… and every spot in the game except for this beginning maze progress is saved even if you die…
    but no progress being saved here makes this probably the hardest part of the entire game.. its right at the beginning. So if you get past this you’re pretty good to go…
    then the game gets into a lot of finding the right symbol to draw on a wall and break a seal while of course there are enemies around that cant see.. but they feel heat so you have to be carful with torches, and they have insane hearing…
    going through this world is actually enjoyable.. every location feels unique and challenging..
    the objective is mixed up between finding items finding the correct symbol and pure stealth…
    and if youre caught.. youre not out of the game yet.. there are characters crawling all over these levels, and if you interact with them youll pull la bag off of their head.. this allows one of these lucky folks to become your new body.. if you die you have a limited time to get to one of these bodies or be taken all the way back to your last checkpoint… and by limited I mean very limited…
    and towards the middle of the game youll even be able to possess the demons…
    the issue with this game though is its mechanic balancing that stops the game from being as fun as it could be.. that makes this game a frustrating chore..
    There are bugs here where in the maze my character wouldn’t squeeze into a hiding spot.. I got caught on a rock,, the game froze multiple times in the same area not activating a cutscene causing me to lose tons of progress.. but brokenness and bug aside..
    the mechanics feel as though they were made to intentionally infuriate the player..
    you have a stamina meter… which feels pointless because of how fast it runs out..
    you’ve got about 10 seconds of run time.. not nearly enough to run from an enemy that has spotted you.. this means no intense or thrilling chases.. no stories of that time the demon was so close to getting you but you got away.. if youre spotted youre dead.. so its basically here just to help make running through levels a little faster.. but again you get like 10 seconds and it takes another 20 to cool down..
    when you do die, again you have a limited time to find a new body which fine… what isn’t fine is that the game also later ads soul eaters that mean insta death with no warning, no way around them.. they just randomly catch you…
    when youre a demon you have a limited amount of time though your time is increased by eating humans.. problem is there isn’t nearly enough humans for you to continue as a demon for more than a few seconds.. theres rarely even a new body around to possess once time is up
    making this mechanic feel practically useless… if you are a demon and manage to make a great deal of progress you cant interact with collectables or even checkpoint mirrors…
    the mechanics just go against the potential fun of the game making it really hard to enjoy at times..
    though I did ultimately still enjoy this game..
    this by no stretch is a must play game, however I feel like its being unfairly represented as some awful game that it isn’t..
    it has its problems.. but there was heart put into this game
    I give Agony
    a 6.5/10
  4. Aug 10, 2018
    i found this game boring and i think is the worst survival horror game i ever play but its but opinion other people might find it cool
  5. Nov 3, 2018
    5/10.
    5/10.
    It's a super mediocre game. I understand bad reviews and all stuff going around it. The concept was great, the design I don't know but the execution bad. Unexperienced devs, low budget, and high price. I don't know why you would buy it now, but I bought it to check this noisy little bee after the storm in media. To be honest it's not worth a storm. Ok, you know how mediocre game it is? It's not bad, it's not bad in a good way, it's not even close to be a good one. It's medium. Like a pizza with a pineapple on it that you ate at a party after a few shots of tequila. It's bad, but who cares, nobody cares! Yes, it's like returning from a date and you feel like it was ok, but tomorrow you have work and who have time to waste on waiting for a call from her. You just decide to find some chicks on tinder instead because you don't even think about OK dates. I understand why people were or still are so angry. This game is an example of how to get a brand new car and smash it in your garage. You feel the urge to scream? Because that's the one and the only scream you get playing this game.
    I'm flaming right now, but it's ok to play. If you are bored as hell then go to hell and play agony, why not? Ah yes... money. The price. Cash. Yes, the devs don't deserve the full price for this. I felt like they should pay me for playing it, overall it's too expensive. If you want to try it buy it only on a big sale 60% or better. Otherwise avoid it.

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    Firstborn perversions and morbid game design get boring quickly and the player is left only with his own pain caused by the bad game. So at least there lives Agony up to its name. [Issue#287]
  2. Dec 11, 2018
    If you like horror, the macabre or the notion of taking a personal voyage through Dante’s Inferno with a touch of Gigeresque visuals… this may be up your alley (or down your abyssal chasm).
  3. CD-Action
    Sep 27, 2018
    Agony is a game of insane contrasts, both fascinating and embarrassing. Therefore I still don’t know whether its developers are geniuses or amateurs and although I believe it deserves a relatively high score, I actually cannot recommend it unconditionally. [08/2018, p.84]