• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Apr 16, 2019
8.0

1. Apr 16, 2019
    Never pre-order games. The campaign lasts at one location for about 6 hours, if you know how to play games in the series. Multiplayer is terrible - you don't see a list of open games - either private games or a quick search that doesn't work. Always gives an error - lr2d Anno 2070 Works perfectly in multiplayer now. The game uses denovo which the game runs at 20 fps on a new computer -Never pre-order games. The campaign lasts at one location for about 6 hours, if you know how to play games in the series. Multiplayer is terrible - you don't see a list of open games - either private games or a quick search that doesn't work. Always gives an error - lr2d Anno 2070 Works perfectly in multiplayer now. The game uses denovo which the game runs at 20 fps on a new computer - the CPU usage of the game - 1-2%. Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2019
    Зачем война в экономическом симуляторе? Я хочу строить города и развивать экономику, а меня заставляют заниматься войной. (Why the war in an economic simulator? I want to build cities and develop the economy, and I am forced to engage in war)
  3. Apr 16, 2019
    Un jeu très décevant qui ne montre aucune évolution notable de la série, mais nécessite une configuration titanesque pour tourner. L'interface est assez brouillonne et les personnages peu charismatiques. Le doublage en français en catastrophique, il n'y a aucune synchronisation labiale.

Le coeur du jeu lui-même n'est qu'une énième répétition de ce que l'on faisait déjà sur les versions d'avant. A noter toutefois un crash de sauvegarde, ce qui m'a surpris. J'ai dû recharger une très ancienne sauvegarde, et c'est très gênant quand on passe des heures à régler les choses au millimètre.

Dernier point, les révoltes de paysans ou d'ouvriers sont très pénibles : à vrai dire, il n'y a aucun moyen réel d'agir dessus. Je regrette vraiment mon achat, et non-remboursable.
  4. Apr 16, 2019
    Its just another Anno. Yes it looks cute but the fps drops and the bugs are just so bad! Yet another failed start of an anno. We do remember the first launch of an anno where people couldnt even start the game for days before they released a patch? Good old times! People are way too hyped over a franchise. Also they removed the whole battle on land. No more soldiers or any tactical aspectIts just another Anno. Yes it looks cute but the fps drops and the bugs are just so bad! Yet another failed start of an anno. We do remember the first launch of an anno where people couldnt even start the game for days before they released a patch? Good old times! People are way too hyped over a franchise. Also they removed the whole battle on land. No more soldiers or any tactical aspect at all.
    Yeah and 2 weeks before release uplay decided to make the game an epic launcher exclusive too! What a betrayal!
    Well done!
  5. May 3, 2019
    It is to bad the only place you can buy this game is full of spyware, wish it was on steam.
  6. May 8, 2019
    After a few hours of play, I hit a bug that prevents progressing the campaign. The issue is there since the launch of the game, with no acknowledgment from Ubisoft and plans to fix it. Since there is only one save slot you can't roll back the game state, the only option to restart the whole campaign with the hope you will not hit the bug again. It kills the joy in the game.

Would love,

Would love, but I cant review this game without talking about Uplay. It is a requirement for this game, no more Steam support. This decision probably helps to improve some financial report but also kicks out from the platform anyone without infinite patience setting up Uplay. The biggest difficulty in this game is to fight your way through the ridiculous payments/install system of Uplay. Prepare your evening for this nasty first round.

How much I try to love this game, I'm disappointed.
  7. May 25, 2019
    Sorry for breaking a cardinal rule here but it must be done. i have not played this game. I wanted greatly to play it but am once again face-to-face with the toxic corporate controlfreak culture of UbiSoft. I am directed to buy the game at the Epic/Ubisoft trap site, and there i find , once again to nobody's real surprise, that Ubisoft has inserted a profit-driven and misleading ruse toSorry for breaking a cardinal rule here but it must be done. i have not played this game. I wanted greatly to play it but am once again face-to-face with the toxic corporate controlfreak culture of UbiSoft. I am directed to buy the game at the Epic/Ubisoft trap site, and there i find , once again to nobody's real surprise, that Ubisoft has inserted a profit-driven and misleading ruse to their sales campaign., namely using Steam, double-crossing Steam, and demanding that their profits increase through absolute contriol of the sales medium. To add insult to this injury , the transaction for $49.99 at Epic Games will magically not function, as if I'm supposed to believe that UbiSoft and Epic have an agreement that would allow their sales partner to have a broken sales app for two weeks, and i get miraculously redirected to UbiStore.gouge, where , lo and behold, I am invited to use their INHOUSE sales page to pay 60% more for the same item. This is nothing more than thinly and cheaply disguised bait-and-switch. , and it isn't the first time around for me and Ubisoft. Good-bye forever Ubisoft, you don't get one thin dime of the remaining $5,000 dollars I will spend on gaming over the next twenty years, because you are are nothing but sleazy resellers.. At this point, i can live without Anno 1800. I couldn't live with being your prey so buh-bye. Frowny Face Frowny Face Puke Face Angry Face Frowny Poo !!!11.

How is it that fantastic games get continually damaged by this company and they are still in business? Because YOU, the buyer, allows them to get away with it and it is YOU, the buyer, that is to blame for the stupid herd mentality that is starting to pervade the industry. Entitled North Americans, or entitled irresponsible consumers from around the world, are buying untested poor quality games and proprietary, invasive, and predatory manureware that greatly degrades the gaming experience, acting as alpha and beta testers that actually PAY the COMPANY to get absolutely ripped off.
  8. May 15, 2019
    Unfortunately after twenty years, the engine of the game remains the same, there is not a single curve, there are no different angles besides the same 90 ° ones, it's pity. It looks like a expensive Anno 1404 mod, with huge maps limitations, which will be filled with DLCs.
  9. May 15, 2019
    - There are so many progress-breaking bugs in the campaign that it feels like an alpha version (try to enter the new world as early as possible or don't be in war with anyone when you arrive there!)
    - You can't change the game speed in multiplayer, while the game feels so slow that it sucks the life out of you.
    - There's this annoying delay with quests and buying ships, when there has
    - There's this annoying delay with quests and buying ships, when there has been a dialog window recently
    - The Ship AI is terrifying bad. The ships will chase anything forever, dying in enemy harbours (default stance)
    --- They don't help each other when a ship literally next to them gets attacked at max range. (only in passive stance?)
    - The Enemy AI is practically non-existing. I don't get how a big company like ubisoft can release 7 Anno games and still not be able to program a half-decent enemy AI.
    --- Basically the enemy plays by cheating their a** off, making any kind of strategy pointless.
    - Trains are super disappointing (if their announcement got you excited), the only thing they transport is oil

Besides the technical side, Anno 1800 could have been a great game, if it had been created by skilled developers with any kind of quality control

1. May 13, 2019
    This typical misstep aside, Anno 1800 is an otherwise excellent history-themed simulator that excels at drawing players into its satisfying gameplay loop and keeping them there.
  2. May 6, 2019
    I can’t recommend Anno 1800 enough. I was legitimately worried that Ubisoft might try to bring the entire franchise into the present, but I’m happy to say that my fears were unfounded. The game is a love letter to the old city-building games, while still managing to innovate and surprise even veteran players.
  3. Apr 30, 2019
    Big, busy and pretty, you can be confident of a good management game that doesn’t take itself too seriously, so long as they can get past some certain disheartening design choices.