• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Apr 16, 2019
8.0

1. Apr 16, 2019
    Yes, the story mode is disappointing and the the combat system is not the most innovative, but I don't care. The most important part of the game is the sandbox mode and that is definitely the best of the series. It is also great that there is a multiplayer again.
  2. Apr 16, 2019
    It's a really unique experience, building your own industrialization empire. It's my second game of the series after 1404 and it's really hard to stop playing. There is always something left to optimize or to improve and I know I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of time into Anno 1800. The soundtrack serves the game as well. A greatly crafted masterpiece I'm going to play for the next decade.
  3. Apr 16, 2019
    This game is soooo cute. It looks amazing. So many details, so many wonderful things to look at. Ok...stop moving the camera around, stop it ! Plz start building your Empire. The cute little islands are wonderful home for your settlements. Farmers, Workers, artisans - they all will find home in your beautiful settlement.

You have wide selection of tools to turn your pretty village into

You have wide selection of tools to turn your pretty village into full blown town. Build farmer's cottages, farms, upgrade the buildings. All your efforts will be rewarded and even poorly organized city will look beautiful because everything looks so nice in this game.
    Create trade routes, discover new worlds, ensure that your citizen's needs are catered for. Give them everything they want and your empire will thrive.

You can ask yourself why to buy this game? Why now? You still have anno 1404. Well, the answer is simply. Anno 1800 is a worthy successors of Anno 1404, it is somethings lots of fans were waiting for and industrial revolution has never looked so magical.

If you like city builders and want to be relaxed by creating complex production/supply chains this game is for your. Every click takes you one step closer to creating industrial marvel. I hope that future DLCs and additions will make game even bigger and better.

Graphics: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Replayability: 10/10
    Performance: 10/10

Overall score: 10/10

Is it perfect: YES !

Should I buy it? : Helllo ! Have you not read what I wrote. YEAH !!!!
  4. Apr 16, 2019
    Though Anno 2070 was okay, I kept going back to the 1404 edition to get my fix. After spending about 40 hours in Anno 1800, I have a new favourite in the series! Everything I loved about the 1404 is there, and due to the attractiveness, how 'closeness' works due to road connectivity rather than distance and the fact that you can still move buildings around after building them, there isThough Anno 2070 was okay, I kept going back to the 1404 edition to get my fix. After spending about 40 hours in Anno 1800, I have a new favourite in the series! Everything I loved about the 1404 is there, and due to the attractiveness, how 'closeness' works due to road connectivity rather than distance and the fact that you can still move buildings around after building them, there is much more freedom in building the City how you really want. Looking forward to spend many hours in this one! Expand
  5. Apr 16, 2019
    Best game for me in 2019 so far - and best Anno ever.

Best game for me in 2019 so far - and best Anno ever.

Anno 2070 and 2205 are probably pretty good games, but I am not a not into the future setting of these games. I have some nostalgic feelings towards Anno, when I remember playing Anno 1602 as a child. I like to explore the world with my ship, see the market collect the ressources step by step with little carts and building a stable economy to rule the world.

Anno 1800 instantly gave me the good old Anno feeling again.
    And (probably thanks to the strong bond to the community from beginning through "Anno Union") there are so many features I did not even know I would want or need.

Easy overview of how many XX - buildings needed for the production circle.
    You have a clock next to the building overview, which shows you how much time this building needs to produce 1 product. You can easily check in advance if there timer is the same for all buildings in this production chain, or if you need more of a kind for being productive.

Blueprints.
    Genius feature for planning your city and your production chains.

Range indicator (church, firefighters, police station...) through different green-shades on the pathways.

...

Even though I did not play Anno for a longer time, nearly everything in Anno 1800 was self-explaining, so I did not need any instructions.

Everything is so beautifull and detailed, you can watch the city for minutes and forget what you wanted to build.

Even when you allready played for a while, you still have to optimise and change everything.
    In the mid-game you will be able to establish electricity in your city - and bring oil to the factories by train.

I am pretty sure the few things that aren´t 100% great will be patched soon, so there is nothing that´s stopping me to give a 10/10. (right now it´s a 9.5/10) ;-)

(Coop is allready announced to be implemented soon, and the diplomacy skills of the AI could be updated easily. The campaign is not as big as it could be, but that´s not what I bought the game for)
  6. Apr 17, 2019
    Anno 1800 just got the right "Anno-Feel" to it, it takes many of the best aspects from Anno 1404 and translates it into the new setting, with great additions. For example I do enjoy the change of having to manage my workforce now instead of just building my production without worrying if I have enough workers. Slowly building up your small city into a huge empire just makes fun in thisAnno 1800 just got the right "Anno-Feel" to it, it takes many of the best aspects from Anno 1404 and translates it into the new setting, with great additions. For example I do enjoy the change of having to manage my workforce now instead of just building my production without worrying if I have enough workers. Slowly building up your small city into a huge empire just makes fun in this game. Beautiful looking with many details and also a great soundtrack. Besides many positive aspects the game lacks in the campaign, which is quite generic and they surely could have done better, also the battle system - now without landbattles as in Anno 1404 - might not be everyones taste. Taking those 2 main things in consideration with the technical issues some player seem to have it is a 8, if they fix the technical problems it could be an 8,5-9. In my opinion Anno 1800 takes over the title from Anno 1404 of beeing the best in the whole Anno Series. Edit: What might be worth noting for some ppl that there are no additional scenarios like in previous Anno parts Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2019
    Best anno and city building game of all time.
    hoping to add new expansion for the orient region.
  8. Apr 16, 2019
    ANNO 1800 is fantastic. It's the best ANNO in over 21 years.

ANNO 1800 is fantastic. It's the best ANNO in over 21 years.

This ANNO 1800 combines all the strengths of the previous versions. We supply our population - which can be further developed over 7 population levels - partly through complex production chains, but which are self-explanatory and require a certain logistical skill with increasing playing time. Annoholics of the first hour as well as new discoverers will have their true joy. We explore the Old World and start expeditions and discover unexplored terrain ...

It is also the most extensive anno in history, which even beats ANNO 2205 in it, but makes many things much better. The long-term motivation is almost limitless - the longer you play, the more complex and motivating the game becomes. After all, we are in the age of the industrial revolution. And once you have "discovered" electricity after a few hours of playing, you can ask yourself how you can integrate it.

The attention to detail is boundless. You will have a lot of fun, just watch your companies, your workers in the fields and your population celebrate. Everything has been lovingly and variedly designed in beautiful graphics. It is simply beautiful to look at!

Conclusion: no matter if beginner or professional - this ANNO 1800 will make you overjoyed. It is the most beautiful and biggest year in history. It doesn't quite reach the story of ANNO 1404, but the campaign is definitely worth it. In addition, a multiplayer mode for up to 4 players is finally integrated again. Friends: access, populate and be happy with ANNO 1800.
  9. Apr 16, 2019
    This is a great game. I enjoyed most of the games in the series and this one feels so good. Definitely better than 2205 imho. And just ignore everyone who rates games like this giving 2 or 0 out of 10, they probably didn't even played it or their machine couldn't handle it well so they are a bit jaleous.
  10. Apr 16, 2019
    The game feels really good and is in a good state, right from the start.
    The campaign is nice and serves well as a long entertaining tutorial.
  11. Apr 16, 2019
    For the first time I have Played Anno series game. Anno 1800 is superb I have fallen in love with the game enjoying every minutes of the game. I am going to play rest of the Anno games near in the future.
    everyone must try Anno 1800.
  12. Apr 16, 2019
    Good management city building game (better from the previous title) i have not finished it yet but my impressions so far are very positive, Even the graphics are pretty good
  13. Apr 16, 2019
    Best Anno... game of the year (just give it the price, nothing can beat this), best game ever? Yes.
  14. Apr 17, 2019
    They grabbed the good parts of Anno 2050, threw in some significant upgrades in gameplay and graphics quality to produce an outstanding addition to the series! The client debacle of the past is now GONE! a beefy system can play with all graphics maxed out, with no crashes, lag or instabilities. Looks amazing with DX11 or 12. Build chains are deep, yet rewarding, as you are challengedThey grabbed the good parts of Anno 2050, threw in some significant upgrades in gameplay and graphics quality to produce an outstanding addition to the series! The client debacle of the past is now GONE! a beefy system can play with all graphics maxed out, with no crashes, lag or instabilities. Looks amazing with DX11 or 12. Build chains are deep, yet rewarding, as you are challenged to put a great deal of thought and planning into your settlements. And the eyecandy is the BEST of any city builder out there, period! I don't play the campaign, so I can't speak on it. Ignore reviews that take no time to explain a crumb of detail. Expand
  15. Apr 17, 2019
    Absolutely outstanding! This is the game we all waited for after the unsuccessful Anno 2205. Good job on bringing the best from all the previous productions. Sandbox mode is back again!
  16. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is nice but not so attractive until like addicted level. However, I'm still enjoying to play much in the sandbox mode. There have a bug need to fix in the campaign mode. I was stuck at the quest in Chapter 4 - Prosperity for All. Now is waiting for update patch to fix this issue. So far the rest is still enjoyable. I have compare Anno 1800 with Tropico 6. I will definitely chooseThis game is nice but not so attractive until like addicted level. However, I'm still enjoying to play much in the sandbox mode. There have a bug need to fix in the campaign mode. I was stuck at the quest in Chapter 4 - Prosperity for All. Now is waiting for update patch to fix this issue. So far the rest is still enjoyable. I have compare Anno 1800 with Tropico 6. I will definitely choose Anno 1800 because the way we play and the game atmosphere also different. The BGM of this game is nice, also I was occupied 2 to 3 islands in the game to make all my ships to trade specific items between islands because some plants only can produce in specific islands. So I have to occupy the other islands to produce the specific items to supply my main island. Is quite fun to play but your brain need to do much in multitasking. Expand
  17. Apr 17, 2019
    The latest addition to the Anno series is a real treat for anyone who appreciates a good city builder. The mood is great, set by excellent music and brilliant graphics, and the level of attention to details adds to the gameplay experience. Randomly generated maps are finally back, allowing you to play the game over and over again in sandbox mode, and still experience new challenges. InThe latest addition to the Anno series is a real treat for anyone who appreciates a good city builder. The mood is great, set by excellent music and brilliant graphics, and the level of attention to details adds to the gameplay experience. Randomly generated maps are finally back, allowing you to play the game over and over again in sandbox mode, and still experience new challenges. In addidtion you can choose to be a well-behaved city builder, or you can bully your competitors in warfare, and mislead your citizens by filling the newspapers with propaganda. Add to this that the setting is in the start of the industrial age, and you have a winning concept. Expand
  18. Apr 17, 2019
    This new edition of Anno is simply the best ! I was disappointed by former editions but this one make a very successful homecoming. Details in the gameplay are wonderful, the sandbox mode is amazing, and so on.
  19. Apr 17, 2019
    Ein sehr gutes Spiel, die anderen Rezensionen haben es schon vorweg genommen. Einziger Kritikpunkt, den ich den Entwicklern wirklich übel nehme: Man darf sich nicht Beidl nennen. Frechheit.
  20. Apr 16, 2019
    If you like Anno's old glory you would like this statement on the series but is the same we have seen before just with better graphics.
  21. Apr 18, 2019
    (Game Client Review)

(Game Client Review)

Downloading this game is one of the worst experience we have had. First we have to download Epic Games Control which is absolutely fine and then they requires us to verify with Ubi which we don't have an account with. It took us 30 minutes just to get this game downloaded which is an extreme hassle. Worst of all, we have to sign up an account with Ubi (who the f is Ubi, why do we have to sign up with them?). This is getting absurd so we have decided this is our one and only time buying from Epic Games and Ubi (seriously, Ubi.. wake up your idea).

Ubi and Epic Games did a terrible job here.

(Game Review)

Weekend is allocated to playing this game. We truly enjoy the music in the game very much. Gives us the classic nostalgia vibe which we crave in a game.

We have played many city building game and Anno 1800 is hands down the very top of the list. We wish we could give this game a 10/10 but because of the game clients (don't hate us, we have to take this into consideration), we have to give a mere 8. Seriously, the game clients (Epic and Ubi) screw up the entire positive experience. We wanted to go with 6-7 because of the downloading experience. At the same time, we want to be fair to the creator of the game so 8 it is.
  22. Apr 17, 2019
    Best Anno game since 1404, it has got the same addiction factor, better graphics and sound. The fact you have to balance your workforce out to make sure all your carefully set up production chains don't stumble and fall, is a small but smart design decision.
  23. Apr 21, 2019
    - Yes, buy it.
    - Yes, it is what you want it to be.
    - Yes, it needs a patch or two.
  24. Apr 28, 2019
    Tá longe de ser um Anno 1404 da vida, o preço é injusto demais pra um jogo que tá começando a perder a essência.
  25. Apr 19, 2019
    I played other Anno before, and this one I like very much. Added complexity is good. I didn't like how the previous space one was dumbed down. The expedition extra mechanic is nice.
  26. Apr 18, 2019
    Very good stuff. Campaign is lacking and I would of preferred more variety with factions, but overall, Anno 1800 is a solid instalment in the franchise. Comprehensive resource mechanics, great depth in settlement construction, and the newly added ability to send ships on expeditions makes this one of the most feature complete city builders to date.
  27. Apr 19, 2019
    Best in series! game will have small mistakes and crash sometimes, but this will patch fix...

For me? Insta buy
  28. Apr 20, 2019
    Played 28h in first two days. It is one of the best Games for me. I love Anno and this one is gorgeous.
    It has some overview problems about the goods, but they already said they will fix it for free.

There are so many games with 85+ (especially Indie Games) who are not that good than Anno. Sure, it is full price, but the game itself is absolutely massive, and you will play it for hundreds of hours with a lot of fun.
  29. Apr 23, 2019
    When i started playing Anno, i hoped that this will be something like anno 1404. Easy to play, but hard to master. In the first hours i found myself chilling in my seat but after you reach the new world you will find yourself switching (without any loading at all) between the Worlds managin at least 3-6 Islands. But the **** is about to get intense when you reach the endgame calledWhen i started playing Anno, i hoped that this will be something like anno 1404. Easy to play, but hard to master. In the first hours i found myself chilling in my seat but after you reach the new world you will find yourself switching (without any loading at all) between the Worlds managin at least 3-6 Islands. But the **** is about to get intense when you reach the endgame called "Engineers". Anno Experts will have a solid base of experience to build on, while beginners will get into the game pretty good. I recommend this to people who played atleast one economy simulation. Complete Beginners should Play multiplayer Matches with experienced Friends to get into the game. Expand
  30. Apr 23, 2019
    The game s is fun to play. The Campaign is, same is in Anno 2205, inside an Endless Game with a handcrafted map. We had some trouble to get People connected to the Multiplayer session but the next day that worked without any Issues so the Problem probably was on one of the PCs that we were using and not the game itself. The delays that the Game helped Ubi to release a well polished gameThe game s is fun to play. The Campaign is, same is in Anno 2205, inside an Endless Game with a handcrafted map. We had some trouble to get People connected to the Multiplayer session but the next day that worked without any Issues so the Problem probably was on one of the PCs that we were using and not the game itself. The delays that the Game helped Ubi to release a well polished game without any big balancing issues. Although you will have some Issues with Money mid Game when you did not focus on the Missions early game. The move between both Areas, the old World and the new World, works without any loading screen and the game itself loads fairly fast no matter if you installed the game on an ssd or an hdd. All in All I can recommend the game to anyone who has the time and will to play an well balanced City Building Simulator Expand
  31. Apr 30, 2019
    I agree with some of the reviews here. The "Story" basicly serves as a long tutorial.
    The combat is not that of a RTS strategy, no. And there is some need for balance tweakin.
    That being said...this game truly shines in it sandbox mode! And just for that it deserves a solid 9/10. I bought this with the Ubisoft 20% Discount that you get for turning in your game points. So, I can say it

I bought this with the Ubisoft 20% Discount that you get for turning in your game points. So, I can say it was money well spend.
    I already put 35 hours into the game and I plan on playing a lot more.

It's so satisfying to wanting to be good and then figuring out how the economy works or the game mechanics.
    You can win in a variety of ways...You can:
    A. MIN/MAX using support stations that give bufffs to your production and that way try to out perform your competition.
    B. Straight up war. Just hoard Resources and build a big naval fleet and opress your opponent.
    C. My personal favorite...build a huge economy and start raking in the Money!! and just BUY OUT the competition!

All in all, I can definitly recommonend this game. If you like resources management/city builder games. This game will find a comfortable spot on your Favorites List.

(Edit: I am also a little dissapointed in how little attention this game has gotten. Only 149 reviews on metacritic by the time of this review)
  32. Apr 26, 2019
    I've been out of the RTS scene for over a decade due to having kids and family stuff. Now I have a bit more time on my hands I decided to pick this up. My goodness is it good. Everything about it screams quality and good balance. If you are into the genre this is a must play IMO. Be warned though, it is a time sponge..
  33. Apr 29, 2019
    Since u cant rate games on uplay or epic store. This is a good place to look.

The game is excellent and addicting. There is no reason to wait untill cpy or codex crack it. Just buy it, its worth every penny. There will be dlc, but you'll be buying a full finished, polished game. The game itself is incredible complex. If you reached the final tier in anno 1701 (Aristocrats), its where
    Since u cant rate games on uplay or epic store. This is a good place to look.

The game itself is incredible complex. If you reached the final tier in anno 1701 (Aristocrats), its where this game starts. Everything untill tier 3 is a warm up, it starts from there.
  34. May 1, 2019
    I personally think that this game is the best entry in the series, it has great mechanics. Story mode is very good and it's very fun playing multiplayer.
  35. Apr 18, 2019
    Great graphics, fun game, i love how fields now work.... but the options for UI, and scales are nonexistent, i constantly have to lean into my 4k screen and squint to see what buildings are on the build bar.

2 steps foreword from the last 2 annos...but one step back.
  36. Apr 18, 2019
    In my opinion this is one of the best of the Anno series. I can see variants of Anno 1404, 2070, and 2055. They took the best and made their best.
  37. May 1, 2019
    Great ANNO part! I really enjoy this game, but it feels unfinished at the moment.
    I earn +100k money right now, but I didn't have enough influence to expand.
    Obviously the AI has no limit (Influence) for their ships, I never ever have a chance to combat against these huge fleets.
    A lot of smaller bugs appearing from time to time.
  38. May 9, 2019
    I made an account just to counter the petty downvoting. That’s how good this game is. Yes, there are issues for people with lower end pc’s. The game not being on steam is annoying but you need uplay anyways to play it. Now about the game.

With the addition of needing all workers lvls the trusted anno formula was given an extra layer. As with all anno games the campaign is okay but that’s not why most people buy the game. Sandbox mode is where you will spend most of your time.

The starter difficulty options are fine for beginners, the jump from 1-2 is pretty big, the custom options are decent and in multiplayer with friends they will suffice. The options for your character are pretty limited but for me that’s a minor issue.

Let’s get started, like all anno games you start with getting your basic construction recourses and village going. However because of the split in workforce and luxury goods the complexity is slightly higher than previous annos ( 2200 doesn’t count). No longer will 1 massive population island work.

This adds something to the flavor of the game, you actually need people to work certain jobs. Personally this adds a feeling of realism and fun to the game. Having to juggle multiple islands across multiple continents isn’t easy but on lower difficulty levels it’s pretty forgiving.

There’s plenty of variety in products to produce and trade. Trade routes can get messy at a certain point. I think I failed more than once because I didn’t correctly use my trade routes. Or pirates simply sunk my ships.

The AI isn’t great, I play for the building aspect so it doesn’t bother me. Don’t except genius strategy or plays from them. They will on higher levels give you good competition for islands.

TLDR: good looking game with minor issues on lower end systems. Lots of variety in goods and production chains. However the AI is lackluster at best don’t expect much from it. Great as a city building type game but that’s about it.

Score: 9
    Explication: personally I feel like we have returned to the old anno formula, with updated graphics, better engine and improved gameplay. Yes I’m aware that the game is not perfect, however if you like building and figuring out how to supply and keep your city happy this game will keep you busy for a long time.
  39. May 16, 2019
    So genial das Spiel. Die Atmosphäre vor allem mit den 1800 verbund und mit den Anno verbund etc. echt genial!!
  40. May 17, 2019
    Anno 1800 is a fantastic entry in the long-running city builder franchise that remembers its roots, while introducing new things and further refining its formula into a superb product. The game really has a meticulous attention to detail on every aspect of the city building experience, and it really makes for an addicting experience. If you’re looking for a robust city builder with aAnno 1800 is a fantastic entry in the long-running city builder franchise that remembers its roots, while introducing new things and further refining its formula into a superb product. The game really has a meticulous attention to detail on every aspect of the city building experience, and it really makes for an addicting experience. If you’re looking for a robust city builder with a ridiculously polished set of tools and tech trees for you to live out your wildest industrial era dreams, look no further. Despite some tiny gripes, I really couldn’t be happier with how much Anno 1800 honors the series legacy, and further refines it. Expand
  41. May 19, 2019
    Anno 1800 have visuals of high quality. The harmony of Tycoon and strategy elements is very good. The game is compatible with history. BUT there are minor optimization problems. War mechanics looks bad. AS A RESULT, Anno 1800 is a successful game both visually and mechanically. It will meet the expectations of the strategy loving players.

1. May 13, 2019
    This typical misstep aside, Anno 1800 is an otherwise excellent history-themed simulator that excels at drawing players into its satisfying gameplay loop and keeping them there.
  2. May 6, 2019
    I can’t recommend Anno 1800 enough. I was legitimately worried that Ubisoft might try to bring the entire franchise into the present, but I’m happy to say that my fears were unfounded. The game is a love letter to the old city-building games, while still managing to innovate and surprise even veteran players.
  3. Apr 30, 2019
    Big, busy and pretty, you can be confident of a good management game that doesn’t take itself too seriously, so long as they can get past some certain disheartening design choices.