6.2

1. Nov 19, 2015
    It runs smoothly on PC this year but it has poor graphics, low res textures and bland animations. AA is flawed in many occasions. The game is too demanding for what it offers graphically: it completely saturated my Gtx 980's 4GB Vram at Very High settings but the visual result is lower than the one obtained in Assassin's Creed Unity with less memory usage. The quests are repetitive, theIt runs smoothly on PC this year but it has poor graphics, low res textures and bland animations. AA is flawed in many occasions. The game is too demanding for what it offers graphically: it completely saturated my Gtx 980's 4GB Vram at Very High settings but the visual result is lower than the one obtained in Assassin's Creed Unity with less memory usage. The quests are repetitive, the game is boring, the Templar stuff does not live up anymore with the London environment. This game is pure marketing and a step below if compared with AC Unity. Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2015
    A great disappointment for me that I have bought this game. This is what I think after playing it for around 13 hours:

Graphics 4/10
    Sounds 6/10
    Gameplay 2/10
    Entertainment Factor 0/10
  3. Nov 19, 2015
    It's always the same old mechanics, the same follow the guy and kill it, no innovation. This is a shame. Assassin's Creed Syndicate is a misstep and it shows how the series has fallen into disgrace.
  4. Nov 19, 2015
    Are you kidding me? The graphics has been downgraded into shame. It looks like a 2007 video game, the first ever Assassin's Creed looked better than this **** And the requirements to max it out are insane! With my Geforce GTX 980ti it uses all the video memory at 1080p Ultra settings but it looks like **** This is ridiculous!
  5. Nov 5, 2016
    This is not Assassins Creed anymore.This is just a pile of junk to keep the series running.
    After Revelations,all the games lost sense.
    The only solid game was Rogue in my opinion because of the story. I hope that the next game goes back to Ezio`s time and what happened after the events in Rome and Istanbul because the new games are just a waste of money and time.And for the love of
    After Revelations,all the games lost sense.
    The only solid game was Rogue in my opinion because of the story.
    I hope that the next game goes back to Ezio`s time and what happened after the events in Rome and Istanbul because the new games are just a waste of money and time.And for the love of god,NO MORE SHIPS AND PIRATE S*IT!
  6. Nov 28, 2015
    Gameplay: 0/2 because it's the worst in the series
    Story: 0/2 very disjointed and hard to connect with.
    Graphics: 2/2 looks and works great even on somewhat dated machines. Sound: 2/2 everything sound as they should How it runs: 2/2 runs great with minimal bugs and hassles. Total: 6/10. -2 for having the worst gameplay design in the entire assassin's creed
    Gameplay: 0/2 because it's the worst in the series
    Story: 0/2 very disjointed and hard to connect with.
    Graphics: 2/2 looks and works great even on somewhat dated machines.
    Sound: 2/2 everything sound as they should
    How it runs: 2/2 runs great with minimal bugs and hassles.

Total: 6/10. -2 for having the worst gameplay design in the entire assassin's creed series.

Gameplay problems: it has one of the most restrictive mechanic in an AC game, you can't jump when you want. You can only jump when there is somewhere to land. What this does is: you can't jump to your death. You can't make a dangerous jump to trade in your health for some distance or save time. You can't jump off most roofs. A game that doesn't allow you to fail is just a bad game.

It has one of the worst parkor in the series. Running is very slow and flows poorly. In addition, the controls are very unintuitive, alot of time you have to make several attempts to perform a simple maneuver like drop down the ledge or climb up that waist high ledge.

It has one of the worst combat in the series, you repeatedly press one button and occasionally press the counter button when you see an enemy hp bar flash yellow. The counter window is HUGE, as long as the counter button is pressed once during the yellow flash, no matter what other buttons you press after or anything else you do, you'll still counter.

And that is one of the biggest problem in the game: the game play, AC 3 had one of the worst story in the series but it was still fun because of the gameplay. Syndicate takes all the progress and lessons learn from previous series and unlearn them all.

It will give you one of the most restrictive feeling you ever had in a sandbox game, do NOT buy this game.
  7. Nov 28, 2015
    Gameplay = 3 / Graphics = 7 / Wowability = 0 / Overall = 2

Gameplay = 3 / Graphics = 7 / Wowability = 0 / Overall = 2

I have all the assassins creed series and the only really epic games were ACII / Brotherhood and Black Flag. Ubisoft need to step back and learn from them games. Turning AC into and online shopping type game has really made it stale. We had a great layered approach to the games in the past now its just bash and dash with in game purchasing to boost the bash..

We have gone from multi faceted beautiful games from Ubisoft to a bland cheese sandwich. My guess is they just cant create those games anymore, when you employ monkeys you get peanuts.

Really unhappy but we as consumers can do NOTHING except not buy the games, cant see that happening as Ubisoft tempt us with a promise of the past but deliver dust.
  8. Nov 19, 2015
    AC Syndicate is optimized but is has low graphics, it's a cheap Pc port and it looks awful with washed out colours, cartoonish style and blurred anti-alias. The combat style is annoying and the missions are all the same stuff. After 10 hours of gameplay I am already bored.
  9. Nov 28, 2015
    the gameplay is SOO MUCH BORING , just like the first assassin's creed, same thing happens everytime, do the same thing over and over again to finish the game, and i dont realy like the story at all, im realy miss the old assassin like ezio and connor, still better than this ****
  10. Nov 19, 2015
    Ubisoft words; "Syndicate will shine on PC"

When I look at Unity now and Syndicate.. I can tell only one thing about this game: HUGE step backwards. Everything was (Literally) downgraded and optimization is still bad. Graphics - Downgraded, Despite running this game on High settings (No Gameworks which slaughter FPS even on GTX Titan) it looks far worse than Unity or any other AAA
    Ubisoft words; "Syndicate will shine on PC"

Everything was (Literally) downgraded and optimization is still bad.

Graphics - Downgraded, Despite running this game on High settings (No Gameworks which slaughter FPS even on GTX Titan) it looks far worse than Unity or any other AAA game that came out in previous years, hell even dated Crysis 1 which is 8+ years old looks far better than Syndicate maxed out on PC.

I see this only this way; Ubisoft desperately tried to pump as much performance as possible at a cost of the graphics which resulted in; Terrible distant textures, terrible render distance, terrible NPC models.

Here are example how bad this game looks on High settings with FXAA:

Example 1: http://i.imgur.com/rpmcsL1.jpg
    Example 2: http://i.imgur.com/IKSlPof.jpg
    Example 3: http://i.imgur.com/KJDNkDM.jpg (Notice: NPC's in front on the left side, closest carriage textures, street textures right in front of the carriage)

The best part of this? Those "High" textures require 4GB Vram according to Ubisoft.

NPC Density - Downgraded.

Open World Enviroment - Downgraded, One thing I loved in Unity was the freedom to move between one buildings interior to another, in Syndicate almost all of this is gone.

Character customization - This part of the game was also heavily downgraded, it doesn't even have 50% of customization content that Unity had.

OPTIMIZATION - It's way better than Unity and a lot less buggy than Unity (In around 10 hours in-game time I only had 2 minor bugs that fixed themselves almost instantly) but this game still leaves a lot to desire.
    Despite being heavily downgraded prior to Unity in order to run better, IT DOES NOT.
    FPS drops are still present here and there (Especially in cutscenes where they tend to drop to 22-29 FPS for no particular reason) riding a carriage at very high speed is the worst idea you could possibly get; game tends to do not load another part of map fast enough which results in 1-2s freezes, FPS drops when sitting on top of moving train.

------------------------>TL;DR
  11. Nov 19, 2015
    It is not acceptable that my Geforce GTX 970 can barely run this game at High settins all maxed out 1920x1080. When you put all the settings at the max it sucks you over 4Gb of video memory and the results is way worse than in Assassin's Creed Unity. The developers in Ubisoft downgraded the graphics of the game in a dishonorable way. Was it really necessary to satisfy the players whoIt is not acceptable that my Geforce GTX 970 can barely run this game at High settins all maxed out 1920x1080. When you put all the settings at the max it sucks you over 4Gb of video memory and the results is way worse than in Assassin's Creed Unity. The developers in Ubisoft downgraded the graphics of the game in a dishonorable way. Was it really necessary to satisfy the players who complained about Unity issued one year ago? I don't think it was necessary. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2015
    What can I say about this game? I was very excited of this game for PC after the failure of Assassin's Creed Unity last year but now after trying it I am very disappointed. It has very bad graphics, they reduced all the beautiful stuff which Unity had, objects and characters look dull, even if you push the graphics options to the max. The game is archaic, old mechanic and you'll findWhat can I say about this game? I was very excited of this game for PC after the failure of Assassin's Creed Unity last year but now after trying it I am very disappointed. It has very bad graphics, they reduced all the beautiful stuff which Unity had, objects and characters look dull, even if you push the graphics options to the max. The game is archaic, old mechanic and you'll find nothing new in it. Expand
  13. Nov 19, 2015
    Ubisoft sacrificed graphics quality in the name of non-sense framerate. I have never seen such ugly textures in an Assassin's Creed game before. Even AC Brotherhood looked better with my Geforce GTX 260 four years ago! AC Syndicate also requires you lot of graphics card memory to run at high settings and what you get is lower than any other game that you can play this year.
  14. Nov 19, 2015
    I bought the game and played all the day with bad feelings about it. I really can't understand why Ubisoft decided to lower the graphics of the PC version. There is no explanation for it, this is just ridiculous. And what is worse, it oversatures my Geforce GTX 980 SLI 4GB RAM at 1080p settings!! Ubisoft are you serious? You're only interested in money and making profits. The companyI bought the game and played all the day with bad feelings about it. I really can't understand why Ubisoft decided to lower the graphics of the PC version. There is no explanation for it, this is just ridiculous. And what is worse, it oversatures my Geforce GTX 980 SLI 4GB RAM at 1080p settings!! Ubisoft are you serious? You're only interested in money and making profits. The company doesn't care PC gamers at all. Expand
  15. Nov 19, 2015
    8.5GB of Vram to make run at high quality a game that would have required less than 3GB is ridiculous. This PC port is a joke. If you want to play it at low settings it runs well and smoothly but graphics is ugly. If you want to play it at high settings prepare to buy a Titan X with 12GB Vram because your GTX 980ti won't be enough. Thanks Ubisoft for having cheated pc gamers again!
  16. Nov 19, 2015
    Ubisoft this game is not what we wanted. In order to make it run with older graphics cards you ruined its graphics, you eliminated lots and lots of details. I think it's not a good thing. As for the gameplay the game is uninspired and flat. No emotional feelings in playing it at all.
  17. Nov 20, 2015
    this game is empty, there's nothing worth playing for, no story
    you start the game doing mindless stuff & quests go kill that one & kidnap that, goddamn it it's no longer an assassin's creed game cuz there's nothing about the assassins and templar story there's just a total of 10minutes cutscenes in the entire game about the modern day u kidding me
    the pc port is way better than unity in
    this game is empty, there's nothing worth playing for, no story
    the pc port is way better than unity in term of perfomance i didnt have any stuttering or fps dropped below the 20s it played very smoothly but the physics seems to be capped at 30fps which makes the gameplay seem slow no matter what fps u r running on.
    the graphics are meh inferior to unity but when i add SweetFx with increased LumaSharpen it looks way better, but seriously this game will take up to 8gb of VRAM if you want to run it at High what the hell i dont know if it's the engine & game design fault or AMD & Nvidia Fault for making us stuck on the same VRAM sizes for years now, im no expert im certainly going to search in how games use vram.
    the combat & the ai are terrible, & there's only 3 types of weapons which none of them are swords or axes or any **** useful weapons you'd expect to find in ac game
    the point is this franchise is getting worse every sequel
    by the way i downloaded the pirated copy, i will keep doing so to bad games like this i hope this game sell poorly, if the next ac game is still bad i will not even bother downloading the pirated copy in the 1st place
    i still didnt complete the game & i wont complete it cuz i lost interest
  18. Nov 19, 2015
    The game for PC looks blurry, rough and flat. AA filter works bad. Shadows are poor quality. Textures are console version and not PC version. World detail is very low. This port is pathetic and unmeaning. Plus the game is boring boring boring again and again.
  19. Nov 19, 2015
    The game plays well on Pc when you set medium or low visual settings. But if you push it at High or Very High it will suck you 6 GB and over of video card memory and the graphics appearance still remains mediocre. Unity and Black Flag looked a lot better. London is badly portrayed.
  20. Nov 21, 2015
    The graphics requirements for this game are absolutely ridiculous and what did it get them? Absolutely nothing. The same people who constantly complain about a game's graphics not being good enough are still complaining that the graphics aren't good enough. Meanwhile, those that play the game for the actual gameplay and story are left out in the cold or facing the need to spend a thousandThe graphics requirements for this game are absolutely ridiculous and what did it get them? Absolutely nothing. The same people who constantly complain about a game's graphics not being good enough are still complaining that the graphics aren't good enough. Meanwhile, those that play the game for the actual gameplay and story are left out in the cold or facing the need to spend a thousand dollars on a new computer or, at best, half a grand on a new graphics card.

My advice to Ubisoft, stop chasing the approval of players that care more about graphics than actually playing the game and, perhaps more importantly, stop incorporating NVIDIA's new technologies if you aren't going to provide an ability to disable them. There is no reason a person should have to drop 600+ dollars on a new graphics card when the graphics of the previous Assassin's Creed games were completely sufficient to tell the story and provide the game's standard gameplay elements.

In short, graphics are the least important part of making a good game. Stop focusing so much on them.
  21. Dec 11, 2015
    if you like awful game design and having your hand held through the entire game, this is the game for you. No way to turn off annoying "Go Here" indicators, no thought at all demanded from the player, just press X to AWESOME! Whoever designed the user interface should be put to death.

Awful game and the paid (or just idiotic) reviewers are the worst. Last AC game I will play, nothing will come close the marvel that was AC2 and the rough diamond of AC1.
  22. Dec 17, 2015
    I walk up to a Charles Darwin. He asks me to fetch for him today's paper, even though the newsboy is 10 meters away. Alright... I go there, and suddenly someone steals a (one, single, solitary) newspaper from the guy. So the game tells me to tackle him. Okay, although I could've just picked up one of the 100 other newspapers, but whatever, I oblige in the game's boring and already overusedI walk up to a Charles Darwin. He asks me to fetch for him today's paper, even though the newsboy is 10 meters away. Alright... I go there, and suddenly someone steals a (one, single, solitary) newspaper from the guy. So the game tells me to tackle him. Okay, although I could've just picked up one of the 100 other newspapers, but whatever, I oblige in the game's boring and already overused mechanic of "run after someone and tackle them". So I run after the guy, thinking I could catch him... but oh, no.no.no, tells me the game, you won't catch him until we allow you to catch him at this scripted pre-determined location. You ran ahead of him and cut him off? Really? Then we'll just disable the tackle button for a moment. We told you very clearly, you won't catch him unt..... "Desynchronized: The Target Died". Oops... it appears, dear player, that our game bugged out for a moment, and you'll have to do it all over again, even though, you did kind of catch the guy, if we would've allowed it.

So I restart 3 times because the mission's scripted sections involved some carriages going off the road and they kept killing the guy I was supposed to follow aroun... I mean catch. Then I finally arrive at the scripted event where I'm supposed to tackle the chap. It turns out that the guy stops on the train tracks for no reason at all, and a train is going to hit him in 10 seconds, and I'm supposed to tackle him out of the way. Even though he ran a goddamn mile perfectly fine before and could've easily walked, at a slow pace, out of the way of train on his own.

So after I tackle him I find out what this was all about. The guy had in his possession a caricature of Darwin as an ape.

And then the game crashed.

F**k this game. Just f**k this game. And f**k Ubisoft. F**k everything and everyone involved in this game. Just.....
  23. Nov 22, 2015
    it runs better than unity but its really a downgraded game, its a mixed version of revelation and brotherhood, which has none of their charm, its boring the dialogues are so so corny, don't talk about the gameplay, the music is so rubbish that will thrown u out of the moment every time something about to happen, it doesn't match the moment at all...
    I've played this game from the 1st one,
    I've played this game from the 1st one, but this is the worst one by far...
  24. Dec 7, 2015
    Very disappointed, exactly the same like Unity, but in London
    Very disappointed, exactly the same like Unity, but in London
    The bugs are still here and the characters are so poor. The control are very bad and very imprecise, when you run, some time you go down but you just like stop . And the "b" button near a border, it's horrible to do what you want to do. And the "grapnel" is very horrible, you can't use it in running mode, it's so imprecise you have a very little chance to arrive where you want (if you can do, but a lottery ticket)
    I don't speak to the "organisation", we don't know why it's here, why you, how did you arrive in this act
    I received it via a gift, hopefully, I don't spend my money on this version.
    Don't waste your money and return to the unity, it's just a "London DLC", beautiful DLC, but nothing new
    I make 3 for the graphic work, not for the story and for the "innovations"
  25. Dec 21, 2015
    I got this game for free with my 970 gtx and I could not be more disappointed, despite not really wanting it in the first place. First off I should say that I have never played an Assassin's Creed game and had never planned to until I got this game for free. Okay, the good: The graphics, art design, and atmosphere are really spectacular and definitely qualify as next-gen or whatever termI got this game for free with my 970 gtx and I could not be more disappointed, despite not really wanting it in the first place. First off I should say that I have never played an Assassin's Creed game and had never planned to until I got this game for free. Okay, the good: The graphics, art design, and atmosphere are really spectacular and definitely qualify as next-gen or whatever term we're using these days. The story is beyond me because I've never played an assassin's Creed game so it feels like watching the latest season of a long running TV show on its last legs and it really is not engaging for me in the slightest. Okay, the bad: The controls in this game are so bad, this may be the first game I uninstall without playing it all the way through. Oh, you want to aim? Too bad! The game does that for you, poorly. Oh, you want to jump? Screw you idiot, I'm going to grapple this wall and not let go until your head explodes in a mist of rage, skull, blood and viscera. Oh, you wanted to jump off this building to escape? Too bad! You're going to dangle helplessly jamming the E button while the idiot AI shoots you and you fall to your death. This game is so bad I think it really reveals how corrupt the gaming review industry has become. Screw those sexist gamergaters, let's go after the reviewers accepting bribes to get the hapless consumer to buy this awful, awful game. Expand
  26. Dec 31, 2015
    Lots of effort has gone into creating the environment. The overall graphic result of that effort is spotless, but with a flat palette. Vista shots are rare and the environment quickly becomes repetative and a bit boring with such a narrow color palette. Gameplay can be summed up as a flood of frustration. Gameplay is also really repetative. Previous installations had repeating objectives,Lots of effort has gone into creating the environment. The overall graphic result of that effort is spotless, but with a flat palette. Vista shots are rare and the environment quickly becomes repetative and a bit boring with such a narrow color palette. Gameplay can be summed up as a flood of frustration. Gameplay is also really repetative. Previous installations had repeating objectives, and that is swapped with repeating gameplay and a repearing reminder of the poor controls. With a game that designs its gameplay around fluidity of movement and the controls of your character, its an obvious problem when those two are among the weakest parts of the game and source of frustration. Hard to understand why Ubisoft chose to release the game with such major flaws in gameplay. Expand
  27. Apr 12, 2016
    (Esto es una opinión personal, recuerda)
    He jugado hasta la secuencia 4 o 5 creo, y no he podido seguir jugando.
    El AC Unity a mi parecer, se ve mejor que el Syndicate. El Syndicate es aburrido hasta decir basta. Las peleas son con un mando de Microsoft así: X X X (veo barra amarilla) B B B (hago un contraataque) X X X y ya. Así todo el rato, parece un Hack&Slash. La historia no me
    (Esto es una opinión personal, recuerda)
    He jugado hasta la secuencia 4 o 5 creo, y no he podido seguir jugando.

La historia no me llama nada, y han elegido una época muy ..... para hacer un Assassin's Creed.
    En este Assassin's Creed no existe ninguna necesidad de escalar por los edificios para ir a ninguna parte, ya que si te quieres desplazar puedes ir en el tren o en un maravilloso carruaje que, además, no puedes conducir por la derecha porque estás en Londres jejj. Además que el juego no está hecho para ir entre edificios, ya que hay una distancia de 46 millas entre edificio y edificio.
    Además no entiendo que tiene que ver el credo con peleas callejeras entre bandas. Esto es un Assassin's Creed, no es The Warriors.
    En fin, repetitivo, más aburrido que irte a una casa de campo donde no hay internet y apenas tienes señal, y además muy simple.
    Si quieres jugar a un Assassin's Creed recomiendo el 2 y la Hermandad, que son muy buenos y MIS favoritos. (El 1 también me gustó más que nada por la ubicación y la época aunque era bastante repetitivo) Un saludo.
  28. May 24, 2016
    A completely frustrating experience. I've played every AC game and this is the worst edition of them all. The game constantly freezes and plays like crap compared to every other game I play on my system. The game is totally unoptimized for the PC. Add to that the lame, disjointed story and the ridiculously repetitive side missions and you would be wise to skip this embarrassment of a game.
  29. Nov 19, 2015
    Oh yes it runs well and with fewer bugs but the graphics is bare and very downgraded that it seems you are playing a Pc game of 5-6 years ago rather than a new game. It's a modest Pc port that offers mediocre graphics, repetitive missions, awkward controls which waste your gaming experience.
  30. Nov 19, 2015
    This is the worst AC ever made. It has no plot, boring characters, it lacks variety. The graphics is obsolete and outdated for a modern PC game. I can only run it at medium settings with my GTX 780 which has 3GB of memory. This is unacceptable for a game that has worse visuals than AC Unity.
  31. Nov 21, 2015
    ASUS K52 ; Corei5 M480 , nVidia GT540M and 8GB RAM ; I am playing Fallout4 in High and its Masterpiece
    But Assassin's Creed Syndicate for PC its Awful and Bloody Bad. FPS = 10
    Ubisoft F*** up.
  32. Nov 19, 2015
    This assassin's creed is a big shame. I wish I never bought it for PC but I did and my impressions are very negative because it has unsatisfying graphics, poor textures and poor world. The port has been made with no concern for PC gamers. They have pleased users who last year complained about the framerate and bugs in AC Unity but they have made a disaster with AC Syindicate graphicThis assassin's creed is a big shame. I wish I never bought it for PC but I did and my impressions are very negative because it has unsatisfying graphics, poor textures and poor world. The port has been made with no concern for PC gamers. They have pleased users who last year complained about the framerate and bugs in AC Unity but they have made a disaster with AC Syindicate graphic quality, it's under the average of a 2015 PC game. Expand
  33. Nov 19, 2015
    London looks disgusting and flat in this cheap PC port. I bought the game today and after spending 8 hours on it I'm absolutely let down. How could Ubisoft downgrade its graphics to such a rubbish? This is intolerable for a game published in 2015. Moreover, the game is boring and uninspired. The quests are not involving, you do always the same things.
  34. Pat
    Nov 20, 2015
    This is one of the most frustrating to control games I have ever played. Somehow player movement gets worse with every iteration of the series. It is a rare occurrence now when my character actually does what I want them to do. The missions are an absolute borefest. Same thing over and over. They should have just ended the series with Black Flag. That game had everything. It wasThis is one of the most frustrating to control games I have ever played. Somehow player movement gets worse with every iteration of the series. It is a rare occurrence now when my character actually does what I want them to do. The missions are an absolute borefest. Same thing over and over. They should have just ended the series with Black Flag. That game had everything. It was enjoyable all the way through and it had a fantastic story along with it. I am not going to finish this game. Made it about 6 hours and it feels like a job rather than a good time. Expand
  35. Nov 19, 2015
    AC Syndicate proves that Ubisoft doesn't care PC gamers because they simply reduced the graphics quality of the game to make it run smoothly. They did not optimize the game. "Optimizing" means that you make it run good with quality graphics. Instead of that, they obtained to make it run good with poor graphics and awful textures. The antialias filter is broken in many parts of the game andAC Syndicate proves that Ubisoft doesn't care PC gamers because they simply reduced the graphics quality of the game to make it run smoothly. They did not optimize the game. "Optimizing" means that you make it run good with quality graphics. Instead of that, they obtained to make it run good with poor graphics and awful textures. The antialias filter is broken in many parts of the game and colors look faded and lifeless. Expand
  36. Nov 22, 2015
    Well lets see
    Story 10/5
    Graphics 10/8 Gameplay 10/6 Sound/Music 10/5 The pc version is poorly optimized with r9 290x oc to 390x speed cant reach stable 100% 30fps that's a joke every other game is running 100% stable 30fps with ultra config! I swear one of the worst assassins creed games out there! something better in unity than syndicate Evie Frye is a bad joke in very aspect
    Well lets see
    Story 10/5
    Graphics 10/8
    Gameplay 10/6
    Sound/Music 10/5

Evie Frye is a bad joke in very aspect and mr henry green one of the worst assassin out there is a bad joke!
    The game don't have any plottwist, story is pretty weak destroy the enemies and hip hip horray happy ending **** Characters is boring,ugly. Musics is ugly dosnt even fit for he game! the last gameost was AC3 what fitted for the game.ohh yeah lot of bug even in MAIN STORY lot of major bugs! the WW1 setting was a joke! music was horrible the setting don't fit for ac game.
  37. Jan 8, 2016
    I could not experience what this huge sized game can offer me in form of entertainment because it would not fully load up. It would crash on load. I contacted the technical support about this issue, and all they can do is blame the software's that I allow to start up on my windows operating system (windows 10). They even suggested to me that “disabling any startup applications or servicesI could not experience what this huge sized game can offer me in form of entertainment because it would not fully load up. It would crash on load. I contacted the technical support about this issue, and all they can do is blame the software's that I allow to start up on my windows operating system (windows 10). They even suggested to me that “disabling any startup applications or services that could be causing a conflict with the game itself” when in fact that no other games that I play on my machine has any issues whatsoever. It's only this game that I am having problems with.

Even know this game was given to me for free... for purchasing a gaming laptop... I still feel ripped off knowing that I wasted precious bandwidth from my ISP data plan to download this massive size game to find out that I can't even play the game due to the crash on load!
  38. Dec 7, 2015
    Gameplay is okay, the skill-tree is a nice feature.
    The dealbreaker are the constant crashes without a reason. Often after cutscenes, but also when browsing a menu like the crafting or e-shop. (Running it on a machine that had no problems with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC at release..) So far I had 70+ crashes (yeah I'm persistant like that..)
    After the abysmal called AC Unity and the
    Gameplay is okay, the skill-tree is a nice feature.
    After the abysmal called AC Unity and the buggy (for me with gamebreaking bug, can't continue w/o patch) Might & Magic VII, Ubisoft delivered another fine piece of software.
    Not sure if they hired some cheap offshore staff to develop their games, but i myself will stay clear of their games from now on, until they're budged briced.
  39. Nov 19, 2015
    There is little to say: bad graphics for a PC game, average gameplay, boring story again about Templars with no sense in London, controls are troublesome, dialogues are just average
  40. Nov 19, 2015
    Wtf??? This graphics is unacceptable for a modern pc game! I was very badly suprised after buying the game this morning. It seems like an old gen game for a console rather than for a pc
  41. Nov 21, 2015
    Play AC Syndicate at low settings and you will get some fps. But the game looks awful. London looks dull and textures have terribly low resolutions. When you tune up the settings even to medium or high then you need a beast to run the game. AC Syndicate is another ambitious project. At ultra settings the game looks great but it takes a lot of VRAM. It's really ridiculous. Unity looked wayPlay AC Syndicate at low settings and you will get some fps. But the game looks awful. London looks dull and textures have terribly low resolutions. When you tune up the settings even to medium or high then you need a beast to run the game. AC Syndicate is another ambitious project. At ultra settings the game looks great but it takes a lot of VRAM. It's really ridiculous. Unity looked way better and more alive but it didn't need more than 2 or 3GB of VRAM and I played it at medium to high.. I don't call this a good port. The Witcher 3 is a good port. MGSV: Phantom Pain is a good port. They look great and you don't need a beastly rig to run them. I played The Witcher 3 at medium to high but Syndicate is unplayable even at the lowest settings. Why make great graphics when not many people can afford to play the game and enjoy those graphics?! Make games that are fun and have great stories and gameplay. You don't need graphics for that. Graphics don't make a game. Story and gameplay do. MGSV and Fallout4 prove this point. Expand
  42. Jan 1, 2016
    The Good: The gameplay in AC:S is significantly improved over its recent predecessor games. The developers have managed to keep the overall feel of the Assassin's Creed series while simultaneously adding enough new gameplay features to keep the game fun. I found combat in this game, for example, to be pretty enjoyable. The voice acting is decent and the graphics were good.

The Bad:

The Bad: Everything else about the game is pretty bad. Although it performs out of the box better than AC:U did, it's still pretty choppy on high settings, even on high end computers. Moreover, the game is buggy (crashes or locks up frequently) and the controls are still garbage. The storyline is mediocre and the characters aren't well developed.

The Really Bad: What I find most obnoxious about this game and what's probably permanently driven me away from the series is the way the developers push their identity politics in your face at every turn and in the most ham-fisted of ways. For instance, although the previous startup disclaimer was more than adequately inclusive, the game's designers inexplicably modified it to now include "sexual orientations" and "gender identities" while removing the previous acknowledgement of their "various religious faiths." The inclusion of an openly transgender character in Victorian England of all places was equally laughable, and one character's delivery of a snarky line in which she demands the right to vote was cringeworthy. Overall, this comes across as a game that was designed by a bunch of delusional Tumblr users who don't have any idea what the loyal fanbase of the game really wants and honestly doesn't care either way. The whole mess comes across is an obvious attempt to win over the vocal minority of SJWs at the expense of those of us who just want to enjoy our games without getting drawn into annoying political debates.
  43. Nov 23, 2015
    While i rated this higher on PS4 , originally a pc gamer i find this game is nothing but a mediocre and cheap pc port with no effort being put in the optimization code. Game eats up to whooping 6GB of VRAM of GTX 980Ti on higher settings but still graphics look sub par in comparison to other excellent pc titles like "The Witcher 3" and "Metal Gear Solid 5" both of which are outstandingWhile i rated this higher on PS4 , originally a pc gamer i find this game is nothing but a mediocre and cheap pc port with no effort being put in the optimization code. Game eats up to whooping 6GB of VRAM of GTX 980Ti on higher settings but still graphics look sub par in comparison to other excellent pc titles like "The Witcher 3" and "Metal Gear Solid 5" both of which are outstanding performers in the PC department. It seems like Ubisoft has devised a new strategy to counter piracy by making game available only to the rich crowd owning either a Titan or 980 Ti..What a Shame...I am sorry Ubi i have lost my faith in you Expand
  44. Jan 22, 2016
    I had someone once tell me that Assassins Creed was their favorite running game series, and I still have no idea what the hell they're thinking. It's crap, utter crap. Lemme just break this down. Ever played the Saboteur? It's a horrid game that tries to stay entertaining by having you capture certain segments of the map, districts, or whatever they're being called this time. This is that!I had someone once tell me that Assassins Creed was their favorite running game series, and I still have no idea what the hell they're thinking. It's crap, utter crap. Lemme just break this down. Ever played the Saboteur? It's a horrid game that tries to stay entertaining by having you capture certain segments of the map, districts, or whatever they're being called this time. This is that! Some **** cutscene's that try to make you care, a story about stopping such and such from doing such and such. It's a joke. The entire Assassins creed series has been about taking money off suckers, not making good games, something I realized about after my millionth bloody hour of climbing walls and stabbing people.
    Who's doing what this time? Who cares? It's like ad-libs, change the names, the places, the time period, and feed us back the exact same game they've given us what, nearly a dozen times already.
    To boot, this game lacks even the tantalizing qualities that made me even somewhat interested in Black Flag, it looks like crap, it runs like crap, it's crap
    As a person who plays every released title, this deserves to be singled out for one of the worst in 2015.
    Crap, crap, crap
  45. Nov 20, 2015
    Another snooze fest game. It feels like I'm repeating myself in the last couple reviews because most games make me fall asleep due to boredom. Ever heard of Been there, done that? This game is a replica of every other AC you have ever played, just a reskin in a different era. The developers really do think you're stupid. They made the combat so lame, just a bunch of button mashing whenAnother snooze fest game. It feels like I'm repeating myself in the last couple reviews because most games make me fall asleep due to boredom. Ever heard of Been there, done that? This game is a replica of every other AC you have ever played, just a reskin in a different era. The developers really do think you're stupid. They made the combat so lame, just a bunch of button mashing when fighting enemies. Riding the wagons is lame, especially when you can toss the thing like a football.

Only positive is that it is optimized, at least on my 7 year old pc I can play on ultra.
  46. Dec 31, 2015
    Your character moves like a sack of potatoes. If you tell him to move right, it's more than likely he'll spin around for two second and THEN turn. I don't even want to mention how many bugs there are. For example, you press E to get into a carriage, but your dumbass character flies over to a policeman and tackles him. Hell, this doesn't feel like a sandbox because of how restrictive theYour character moves like a sack of potatoes. If you tell him to move right, it's more than likely he'll spin around for two second and THEN turn. I don't even want to mention how many bugs there are. For example, you press E to get into a carriage, but your dumbass character flies over to a policeman and tackles him. Hell, this doesn't feel like a sandbox because of how restrictive the gameplay. is. You can't jump when you want, you can't climb when you want, and the rope launcher (grapple hook) is VERY selective. 0/10 AC4 was better. Get that, it's cheaper anyways. Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2015
    The AC Syndicate has impressive degradation of graphics and visual component compared to the AC Unity. If graphics AC Unity takes = 100%, then AC Syndicate has less 75-80%

The AC Syndicate graphics is more similar to the AC: Black Flag, perhaps even worse, but AC Syndicate has FPS and optimization of less than AC: Black Flag. It seemed to me that the animation movements and battles

It seemed to me that the animation movements and battles also worsened. As a whole, its regression.

After 1.5 hours gameplay - a lot of similarities in comparison with the previous AC series and not enough innovation. Too easy and predictable. AI enemies unusually stupid and weak.

AC Syndicate vs AC Unity
    Graphics 7 vs 10
    Sounds 7 vs 10
    Gameplay 6 vs 10
  48. Dec 20, 2016
    Una mierda de juego por donde se lo mire. Optimizado HORRIBLEMENTE MAL, o deberia decir, DESoptimizado HORRIBLEMENTE BIEN.
    Es un juego lleno de bugs con mal rendimiento y mala jugabilidad, y como si fuera poco empeora reutiliza todo de Assasin's creed Unity y lo empeora.
  49. Nov 21, 2015
    RIP Assassin's Creed. You were fun while you lasted.

Graphics = crap.
    Gameplay = crap.
    Story = crap.
    Price = crap.

Don't buy. In fact, don't buy ANY AC games until Ubisoft get their act together.
  50. Nov 22, 2015
    Sh*tty game with very bad optimization just like Unity... I have a GeForce GT 635M, 16 GB of Ram, Core i7 2.4 Ghz, and I used to play games like Metal Gear Solid V: TPP on High setting and 1366 x 768 resolution with average 50 fps... Now in this game even on the Lowest setting and lowest resolution 800 x 600, it runs like garbage with stuttering and fps drops...
    Sorry ubisoft... you s*ck
    Sorry ubisoft... you s*ck again and it is the last time I will try a game from this developer.
  51. Oct 13, 2016
    Awful,boring the combat sux is pure button mashing over and over, the quest are repetitive.
    Runs good but is beacuse its downgraded and even with that consumes a lot of vram, the controls are clunky and you cant get comfortable with, the character does anything but the thing that you want...
  52. Mar 19, 2016
    The baddest Assassin's Creed ever played.
    Performance is nice, but its full of bugs.
    Examples: i captured a Templar and wanted to bring him to the destination -> i can only move 10 meters no more. I was captured in a 10m area. I wanted to kill a scout or a master. i was focused on them, but the stupid game prefers to kill someone else where i lost the side quests. I just want to
    The baddest Assassin's Creed ever played.
    Performance is nice, but its full of bugs.

Examples:
    I just want to jump down, cant do it. it prefers to climb slowly down.
    I want to jump to an other house (always worked in previous ac), doesn't work. you need to use the rope, where you can press 100 times the same key to come to your destination. before you could only jump.
    There is also no possibility to switch the side, where you are hanging. if you climb to left or right, if there is a obstacle in your way, you could easily skip it, going further left. Now there is no possibility to do that. you need to climb up on the obstacle, then climb down on other side down. I made 500 times wrong jumps, before i hadn't any problem. in no game i had such problems with wrong jumps.

Conclusion:
    It's so bad and it so frustrating. i got no more nerve for this stupid game.
  53. Sep 4, 2017
    I paid for playing assassin, however ended up of getting the IronMan's parkour and BatMan's gadget, the design of press shift+W+E and shift+W+Space is even worse than Ezio's, very disappointing gaming experience.
  54. ABR
    Dec 1, 2018
    Probably, devs tried to make Batman AC and they failed. Game has bad story, bad fight mechanics with unrealistic fast fist fights, motivation of that girl and his brother is beyond the logic, and all their efforts look pointless.
  55. Feb 24, 2020
    This game feels dead. There's no significant story happening. The player characters are psychopaths who are as evil as anybody they kill in the game. There is no journey, no personal searching and meaningful objective. And so, I've found Syndicate extremely difficult to play through. There's little to nothing that's engaging about it. How did the AC series fall from its high of Black FlagThis game feels dead. There's no significant story happening. The player characters are psychopaths who are as evil as anybody they kill in the game. There is no journey, no personal searching and meaningful objective. And so, I've found Syndicate extremely difficult to play through. There's little to nothing that's engaging about it. How did the AC series fall from its high of Black Flag to Unity and then Syndicate? And now to Origins and Odyssey. The series is dead. Whoever has been writing AC scripts and dialog for Ubisoft since after Black Flag is a talentless hack. And these games clearly have not had good direction, either. They've become soulless and moronic husks, undeservedly bearing the AC name. Expand
  56. Apr 26, 2020
    I encountered more bugs in this game than in AC unity. The control is janky as always. The AIs are stupid af. The quests are boring. I can't believe there is a scripted chase scene that could last a minute. And those carriage races! The only great thing about these wagons is they, together with the hook gun thing, help me traverse through the city more quickly to waste less time.
  57. Dec 5, 2017
    Не знаю какой там суперб, но после отличного вступления, непроходимая тупость и однообразность, единственное что нивелирует, это отличный, красивый проработанный мир. И из-за этого игра получилась НОРМАЛЬНОЙ, пару раз я думал ее удалить и надежды на финального босса не оправдали себя, но за отличный мир, и хорошую работу дизайнеров, можно авансом поставить 5/10Не знаю какой там суперб, но после отличного вступления, непроходимая тупость и однообразность, единственное что нивелирует, это отличный, красивый проработанный мир. И из-за этого игра получилась НОРМАЛЬНОЙ, пару раз я думал ее удалить и надежды на финального босса не оправдали себя, но за отличный мир, и хорошую работу дизайнеров, можно авансом поставить 5/10
  58. Oct 13, 2017
    SJW!!!. Everywere SJW ;/ Micro transaction in full game. Total **** bad optymalization, bad graphics, borring, great disappointment for me and not only for me
  59. Jul 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I simply can not understand how some people can give Unity an abyssmal rating and rate this game with a high score.
    Yes, Unity had a bad launch and it needs a decent PC, but when I started playing it (mid last year), it worked amazingly well, and I experienced a grand total of two (!) bugs in that game.

Now, behold Syndicate. I can not even begin to describe how much this one disappointed me, and how much it is NOT fun to play. Let's go through the bad parts, k?

- Horribly cliche and uninteresting characters. The same tired old siblings conflict, one being the chaotic guy, the other the more moralistic and straight one. Jacob is a bad attempt at combining Hugh Jackman in the Holmes-movies and Johnny Depp - detached, overconfident, a bit goofy, wisecraking, not fazed by anything. Dull, same as his conflict with Evie, which is just cliche after cliche (not to mention that the fact their FATHER IS DEAD" is mentioned about 8 billion times, lest you forget.

- Bugs. OMG the bugs. Getting stuck, crashes, stuff like: Am supposed to kidnap a guy and chase him in his carriage. I destroy his carriage, he gets flung out and lands on the roof of a cabin about 7 feet off the ground. I climb up, pick up his corpse, and...can't walk or jump off the roof, or drop his body off the roof. Suddenly, I am 600 feet in the air, falling to the ground, without dieing, but have to replay the whole mission.
    Or... if you fight on a slanted roof, the thugs can't hit you. So you can simply take them out without ever being hit.

- The combat is where this game totally sucks. Totally. This is the WORST combat in any of the AC games, and I have finished them all. Spammy, beating guys with a stick over and over and over (yeah, how realistic). Suddenly, they hit you back with NO chance to block. So no matter how well you play and fight, they lash out and you get hurt. Fighting more than 2 enemies max at one time- forget it, you are dead. See, I love AC, I have beaten them all, and even though most AC games didn't have perfect combat, eventually you could master it and beat even larger groups of enemies. Here? Forget about it.
    On top of it, at first you can only possess 2 health potions. Good luck with groups. Most frustrating, dull, repetitive, unimaginative combat I ever saw in an AC game. Horrible.

- Parcour. It sucks. It's slow. They took some things from Unity (climb up and down with two different buttons), but it feels liek it takes forever to cross small distances. You get stuck a lot too, and it almost feels as random as in "I didnt mean to DO that!" as some of the earliest ACs. Rogue, Unity, they did this so much better.
    The rope-gun might sound fun on paper, but its not dynamic at all, feels slow and clunky, and doesn't fit the period the game is set in.

- Hardly any atmosphere. Everything looks bland, and there is no vibe to the city at all. Yeah, you will see the famous sights of London, but apart from, say, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace, it's just dull. Unity had so much atmosphere, with huge amounts of NPCs on the street and this sinister, mysterious vibe to Paris. Here? Dull.

- The story is so uninteresting, it's hard to believe.

- Even though it's not as bad as in Unity, there is the same old Ubisoft-stuff with the map.. unlock an area, and there you go, 800 side activities no one cares about. Pick up pressed flowers, visit famous places, pick up some helix items. Yawn. Unity had too much of that, I admit, but even here, it's way too much.

- There are like 4 different kind of enemy thugs. And it's so obvious. It's like your enemies have a factory where they cloned 4 guys. It's totally immersion-killing, unimaginative and tiring.

- The new level system sucks, same as the skill trees. And yay, we can upgrade our gang members! /sarcasm. I find this so disappointing... it was fun to hire assassins in Brotherhood and Revelations, calling them into combat, and they'd appear, fight and disappear like assassins. Here, you hire some brainless thugs to fight for you. If this is supposed to be innovative, I'll pass.

- The music is terribly uninteresting and not memorable at all.

- The train HQ adds NOTHING

What ruins the game most to me is
    a) The horrible spammy combat. It never is fun, where you feel great because you take out a whole group of mobs if you play well. It's frustrating, often unfair and totally un-assassin-like IMO. You level p and earn skills, yet you never feel stronger or more powerful. I am not talking about god-mode or something, I just loved how in older AC games, you'd get more skills and get stronger, while here, it stays frustrating.
    b) The horrible characters and story. Jacob is a cliche goofy jerk, and I find him MUCH less interesting than even the more critizised characters such as Arno or Connor.

It's good they are taking a break with the franchise, and hope they bring it back with something fresh and imaginative. This is just phoned in repetive junk, sorry
  60. Mar 8, 2020
    I'm always a positive gamer who tries take the good sides of games and ignore the some hitch. However, in this case I'm so mad! I'm so mad tiny little of game. This piece of slip game IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. I love ubisoft's history, assassins, city designs, but trucking game mechanics always find something to broke. This kind of work never deserve any appriciate! PLEASE SOME OF THEI'm always a positive gamer who tries take the good sides of games and ignore the some hitch. However, in this case I'm so mad! I'm so mad tiny little of game. This piece of slip game IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. I love ubisoft's history, assassins, city designs, but trucking game mechanics always find something to broke. This kind of work never deserve any appriciate! PLEASE SOME OF THE STREET BOYS DO NOT RECOGNISE ME ONE SINGLE TIME! IM SO BORED RUNNING AWAY ALL THE TIME. IM SO BORED TO INVOLVED STREET FIGHT EVERYTIME. YEAH YOU CAN SAY YOU NEED TO DO RED MISSIONS WHICH MAKE SAFE THE AREA, BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM. AS IN THE OLDER GAMES, IM TRYING TO SNEAK ''CROSS ANGLE'' TO SOME GUARD BUT I CANT ASSASSINATE HIM. WHEN WE GET IN FIGHT ONE ON ONE ON THE STAIRS OF SOME ********* BUILDING THERE IS NO REASON TO ALL ENEMIES LEARN AND RUN IN THE BUILDING TO ME! WHILE IM SWINGING MY 3RD KNIFE ATTACK, IM SURROUNDED 15 MEN!!!!!! IS THIS MAKE SENSE!!!?!?!?!?!!? I HAVE PLAYED ALL THE OTHER GAMES, I'VE STANDED FOR VISUAL ART, STORY, CHARACTERS. I WAS SO HAPPY THAT EPIC GAVE THIS FOR FREE. IN THIS CASE I COULD ONLY RESIST ABOUT 5 HOURS! YOU MADE ME AN ANGRY PERSON. WHO KICKS THE DOOR FOR A SINGLEPLAYER GAME!?!?!?! SOMETHING IS REALLY REALLY WRONG UBISOFT. I HOPE YOUR DELAYING FORWARD GAMES MOVE WILL SOLVE SOMETHING, OTHERWISE YOU ARE LOSING A BEAUTIFUL SERIES OF BRAND (AC) AND LOSING YOUR LOYAL CONSUMERS. Expand
  61. Jun 20, 2020
    This game is so boring... And was mande to atract progressive people, who worship Marx and, therefore, hate capitalism (and do not want to live in a socialist regime).
  62. Jun 22, 2020
    just like unity. there is a lot to do and explore, but we do not do anything outside the animus. we see almost nothing of what is happening in the present.

the bat-grappling hook is a great addition that I hope does not banish forever like the bombs in assassin's creed revelations. the only interesting thing you can do is collecting the glitches to unlock abstergo files. this is

this is not a bad game, just not a good assassin's creed game.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 19, 2016
    For all that I'm down on Assassin's Creed as a whole, Syndicate is at least one of the better entries in the series. And there is admittedly a certain charm to familiarity—a ritualistic quality, as every year I load up the latest entry and proceed through its bevy of re-skinned content. “Hello, old friend. Nice to see you again. My, you haven't changed a bit."...But Assassin's Creed has long since been surpassed by its imitators, from Mad Max to Arkham City to Shadow of Mordor to Sunset Overdrive to Tomb Raider. What they lack in recreating a period of history, they make up for by offering something a modicum different.
  2. Dec 23, 2015
    The aging Assassin’s Creed franchise begs to be retooled and refreshed, and the paint-by-the-numbers Syndicate is yet more proof of that.
  3. Dec 8, 2015
    In the end, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is a far more competent entry than the much maligned Unity, but it does not entirely restore faith in the aging franchise.