5.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 29, 2020
    i think, this game deserves 8.5, cuz we cant see like this any game that shows french revolution, and revolution civil war. (civil soliders against royalty soliders) and environment shows us the in-revolution Paris well . Even if game contains some(a bit) (very) bugs.
  2. Nov 5, 2020
    Amazing game honestly, in 2020 i mean. It had awful launch, but most bugs were fixed. I have played hours and had absolutely no issues at all, so yea, it works. Graphically stunning, story missions are fun.
  3. Oct 13, 2020
    Where do I start?
    Assassin's Creed has always been, let's say mediocre franchise. Bad controls, poor storylines, cringe voice-acting, sometimes even horrendous graphics and glitches. And these games killed off almost flawless Prince of Persia? I don't get this. Twelve main installments!
    Where do I start?
    Speaking of Unity, it is surely (and also sadly) the best entry of the series. The initial problems (glitches) are long gone which means you can continuously enjoy the graphical design, the open-world, the story, the rpg elements and so on.
    Unity simply does the best job (almost in every aspect) of all AC games from AC1 to Syndicate.
    It doesn't have Black Flag's monotonous missions and assassinations and it doesn't feel like a remainder of dough like Syndicate does.
    Gameplay-wise and story-wise, the best AC experience.
  4. Sep 2, 2020
    The game is great, graphics is pretty good, story too, but there was many bugs through the game so if you are fan of the franchise, go and get a copy of the game its great.
  5. Nov 7, 2020
    Underrated masterpiece. Most of these negative reviews are from 2014 and they don't represent this game in 2020 at all.
  6. Nov 8, 2020
    One of my favorites in the series. Graphics still blow me away considering it's 2014 game. Best parkour in the series hands down.
  7. Nov 15, 2020
    Parkour in this game is so good, one of the best in AC games. Suck that it had bad launch, but it's perfectly playable now.
  8. Nov 17, 2020
    So this one has so low metascore and userscore because it had bad launch SIX YEARS AGO ? Who cares that it's playable now and bugs were fixed...
  9. Nov 19, 2020
    I like this one. Graphics still hold up, Paris is well detailed, parkour is very good. Story was kinda short.
  10. Jul 20, 2020
    I played a few years after the launch so i didnt encountered as man bugs as the other people, for me was a really smooth exprience, the gameplay was amazing, really good graphics with a lot of characters in the screen at the same time, an incredible portrait of paris
  11. Nov 5, 2020
    Underrated masterpiece. These 2014 reviews have no value anymore. It's been patched ages ago. Tons of people love that game.
  12. Nov 7, 2020
    Most of these old reviews have no value anymore. It's completely fine that they stay here, because it had awful launch, but it's fixed now. Game works well and is graphically stunning. I feel like there should be bunch of new reviews that show state of this game today not 6 years ago.
  13. Jun 23, 2020
    Simplemente perfecto, aunque pueda tener algún que otra falla en lo que es el software, después de eso es buenísimo
  14. Jun 6, 2020
    One of the best Assassin's Creed games ever. The story is so greatly told, and the main characters are the best. They are written that, they actually feel like actual humans. The graphics is the most beatiful in the series. It looks same or even better than Odyssey. I own this game from circa 2015 and I have never ever experienced a single bug. Nowadays the game is even better and it runsOne of the best Assassin's Creed games ever. The story is so greatly told, and the main characters are the best. They are written that, they actually feel like actual humans. The graphics is the most beatiful in the series. It looks same or even better than Odyssey. I own this game from circa 2015 and I have never ever experienced a single bug. Nowadays the game is even better and it runs better. Easily hands down one of the best AC games! Expand
  15. Apr 15, 2020
    Последний хороший Assassin's Creed. Жаль, игра вышла недоработанной, с глюками и кучей вырезанного контента.
  16. Nov 8, 2020
    Amazing Assassin's Creed game, maybe not best of them all, but has some of the best elements for sure, for example parkour.
  17. Nov 12, 2020
    Still best parkour in the whole Assassin's Creed series and most of these negative reviews are outdated, solid game.
  18. Feb 6, 2020
    8/10 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  19. Jun 19, 2020
    It IS a masterpiece. One of the best. Few people liked it, because few people really know about French Revolution and even fewer know about the origins and apex of the Illuminati Group. The parallelel and the criticism behind this game are fantastic.
  20. Jun 28, 2020
    Con un lanzamiento tumultuoso y varios factores que hicieron este juego casi una polémica a la vera de los juegos de nueva generación, Assassin's Creed Unity nos muestra como seria una sociedad antigua con la potencia de las nuevas consolas. París, centro de una de las revoluciones mas importantes de la historia, viene a manos de un diseño de ciudad mas que precioso, con la posibilidad deCon un lanzamiento tumultuoso y varios factores que hicieron este juego casi una polémica a la vera de los juegos de nueva generación, Assassin's Creed Unity nos muestra como seria una sociedad antigua con la potencia de las nuevas consolas. París, centro de una de las revoluciones mas importantes de la historia, viene a manos de un diseño de ciudad mas que precioso, con la posibilidad de ver varios edificios y zonas que hasta el día de hoy siguen siendo visitadas como guía turística. Una iluminación de lo mas impactante, haciendo que los amaneceres y atardeceres en lo alto de la catedral sean de lo mas memorable. Ya con todo esto mencionado, el nuevo capitulo de la saga tiene el deber de contarnos el contexto, un nuevo protagonista se nos presenta, un prologo que sigue los acontecimientos de Assassin's Creed Rogue. La historia no es impactante, es mas una historia que contar por si te interesa la historia del presente que es donde lo mas importante ocurre. Ya con todo esto dicho, nos viene el turno de ver como anda el juego, al ser el primer juego con contar con el mas avanzado motor gráfico de Ubisoft, el juego responde a duras penas, se suprimen texturas y la tasa de fotogramas por segundo se mantiene de momentos. Esto ya bien fue arreglado con varias actualizaciones pero la polémica ya había pasado. Ahora en el año 2020 se puede decir que muchos de los errores cometidos fueron solucionados, lastima que sean insulsos por las decisiones de una empresa que solo piensa en el dinero que influye hacer nuevos títulos para sus series mas aclamadas. Assassin's Creed Unity no es un mal juego, solo sufrió malas optimizaciones y una lenta pero dolorosa caída de una historia solida. Expand
  21. Nov 22, 2020
    Это было ошибкой, но к настоящему времени почти все исправлено. Очень забавная игра Assassin's Creed, одна из моих любимых.
  22. May 2, 2020
    本作最让人诟病的可谓是显卡大革命,但我是用980Ti跑的1080P,所以根本革不了我的命。抛开这个而言,其实本作是一款相当合格的传统刺客作品。核心要素一个都不少,巴黎模拟器,出色的打斗和解谜,与各种历史人物的花式交友。稍微有些遗憾的是本作男主并没有像前几部男主一样能推动该段历史的进程,只是一个历史的看客。系列最漂亮女主倒是多少弥补了一下遗憾。本作最让人诟病的可谓是显卡大革命,但我是用980Ti跑的1080P,所以根本革不了我的命。抛开这个而言,其实本作是一款相当合格的传统刺客作品。核心要素一个都不少,巴黎模拟器,出色的打斗和解谜,与各种历史人物的花式交友。稍微有些遗憾的是本作男主并没有像前几部男主一样能推动该段历史的进程,只是一个历史的看客。系列最漂亮女主倒是多少弥补了一下遗憾。
  23. Feb 12, 2021
    Amazing game. My favorite in whole AC series. Story is little bit short, but graphics, parkour and overall design of Paris and time period make up for it!
  24. Sep 11, 2018
    The story is great if you really get into it, but can be kinda easy to miss if you're not interested in a somewhat romantic adventure through Versailles and Paris during the French Revolution. To me, personally, there could be nothing better and the story really hits home and I really got into it. Otherwise I'd say the gameplay is easily the best in the franchise and the visuals areThe story is great if you really get into it, but can be kinda easy to miss if you're not interested in a somewhat romantic adventure through Versailles and Paris during the French Revolution. To me, personally, there could be nothing better and the story really hits home and I really got into it. Otherwise I'd say the gameplay is easily the best in the franchise and the visuals are stunning. After all patches and maintenance the game even runs smoothly and without problems on any platform. Expand
  25. Nov 22, 2020
    Extremely underrated, but actually very solid game. Best parkour in whole series. That's the difference between steam and metacritic i guess. Steam reviews are up to date and lots of people actually like this game after it was fixed, but here most reviews are just stagnated and from 2014. This 3.8 score reflect the state it was in 2014 not 2020.
  26. Feb 12, 2021
    Simply AMAZING. Graphics, story, characters, but most important. PARIS. Just amazing. Highly, highly, highly recommended.
  27. Feb 12, 2021
    Looks insanely good for an 2014 game. It's not perfect, but who cares, still nice.
  28. Feb 12, 2021
    It's crazy how evil and tasteless some people can be. Ubisoft takes years to make these amazing game and all they get back is some whining losers who give them 0 out of 10. Great game.
  29. Feb 19, 2021
    Absolutely amazing and extremely underrated video game. It's not perfect, but seems like most of these people claiming to have tons of bugs are either playing first version of this game that has no updates or are just lying in hope to hurt this game. But it doesn't matter really because most people already know that AC Unity is good game that has breathtaking visuals. AC Unity already wentAbsolutely amazing and extremely underrated video game. It's not perfect, but seems like most of these people claiming to have tons of bugs are either playing first version of this game that has no updates or are just lying in hope to hurt this game. But it doesn't matter really because most people already know that AC Unity is good game that has breathtaking visuals. AC Unity already went "Mostly Positive" on Steam, as it should and it's only matter of time when it goes "full positive". By the way, PC version of AC Unity is best version of this game, so it's kind of ironic that it has worst user score out of all versions. The way some churches look from both outside and inside is just incredible. They fixed most game-breaking bugs by early 2015, but 6 years later some people still wanna pretend like it's in bad state. No it's not. I have been playing it on and off past 6 years, i play it pretty much every year at least once and it's great. Best parkour in whole AC series, combat is actually difficult (in a good way) and very brutal. Graphics are amazing for an 2014 game. Highly recommending this one, if you are interested in 1790 Paris, AC game with good parkour and some really cool missions. Expand
  30. Mar 26, 2019
    The game is simply amazing, everyone complains about optimization, everything was fine, the world is huge, but in this part you cannot go beyond, alas (Just the enemies here are someone who hits, someone shoots. The game has one drawback , very short, it takes 10-15 hours. I would recommend it, definitely, but only if you have a good PC, but rather play consoles.
  31. May 14, 2019
    Good game. The best game in the series. There are some problems with optimization and bugs, but it's fine.
  32. Apr 19, 2020
    나의 최애겜인 어쌔신크리드의 첫 플레이 작품이라 그런지, 아직도 처음 봤을 때의 그 놀라움을 잊지 못한다. 일단 파리와 몽쉘미쉘, 베르사유 등의 그 놀라운 풍광 그리고 과거가 지루할 때 쯤 나오는 중세, 근대, 현대의 프랑스 모습들은 정말 비주얼 쇼크 그 자체였다. 다시 많은 작품을 해보고 돌아와보니 너무 빨리 발각되는 것이나, 보조미션에서의 흥미로움은 떨어지는 등 게임성에서는 다른 작품에 비해 별로라고 생각이 되나, 암살단을 이용하는 주인공의 스토리와 시대를 넘나들며 아름다운 프랑스 광경을 그린 그래픽 그리고 프랑스 혁명 역사적 한 가운데에서 내가 살아 숨쉬고 무언가를 하며 배우는 몰입감은 엄청났다.나의 최애겜인 어쌔신크리드의 첫 플레이 작품이라 그런지, 아직도 처음 봤을 때의 그 놀라움을 잊지 못한다. 일단 파리와 몽쉘미쉘, 베르사유 등의 그 놀라운 풍광 그리고 과거가 지루할 때 쯤 나오는 중세, 근대, 현대의 프랑스 모습들은 정말 비주얼 쇼크 그 자체였다. 다시 많은 작품을 해보고 돌아와보니 너무 빨리 발각되는 것이나, 보조미션에서의 흥미로움은 떨어지는 등 게임성에서는 다른 작품에 비해 별로라고 생각이 되나, 암살단을 이용하는 주인공의 스토리와 시대를 넘나들며 아름다운 프랑스 광경을 그린 그래픽 그리고 프랑스 혁명 역사적 한 가운데에서 내가 살아 숨쉬고 무언가를 하며 배우는 몰입감은 엄청났다.
  33. Feb 12, 2021
    Good Game Good Game Good Game Good Game Good Game Good Game Good Game Good Game Good Game Good Game
  34. Feb 12, 2021
    These extremely low reviews make no sense. It had bad launch, but it was fixed pretty fast. Not like Red Dead 2 had better launch on PC and that game was also fixed. Not saying Unity is better game tha Red Dead 2, just comparing their launches. And they are both great games, just different, i like both.
  35. Feb 19, 2021
    Beautiful graphics, this game really makes you feel like you actually went back in time to 1700s.
  36. Feb 19, 2021
    This game had bad launch, but ironically it was in better shape already than Cyberpunk 2077 and let me remind you, that was 2014 not 2020. So yeah and they fixed it pretty quickly. Overall it's great game, not best AC game, but still very good.
  37. Nov 18, 2019
    I played this game after all patches was released.
    Fun to play with great story and new parkour and fighting mechanics.
  38. Feb 19, 2021
    Almost feels like AC Unity userscore is frozen in time. Very clearly there's huge fanbase for this game and on youtube videos about AC Unity get thousands of likes and comments and all that stuff, but for whatever reason these people never came back to metacritic to leave their positive review. It's almost like people don't care, if this score here exists lol. Either way, i love that gameAlmost feels like AC Unity userscore is frozen in time. Very clearly there's huge fanbase for this game and on youtube videos about AC Unity get thousands of likes and comments and all that stuff, but for whatever reason these people never came back to metacritic to leave their positive review. It's almost like people don't care, if this score here exists lol. Either way, i love that game and looking at steam scores and youtube, seems like i'm not only one. Expand
  39. Jan 21, 2015
    I can't believe this game gets such low reviews. I imagine it's all due to the glitches that it suffered at launch. I'm playing it one month later and it's working really fine. Some NPC sometimes behave wierdly, but you can live with that, happens in mostly all the games.

I am playing it at 4K resolution with a GTX 970, at max (ultra) settings and it runs fine, it may get slow FPS occasionally but come on! I could just reduce something and it would be smooth as butter always.

I read most people criticize it comparing it to Black Flag and the earlier games.. I'm not comparing it. I remember reading the same criticism about Black Flag last year. I think Unity is awesome, Paris is awesome and it's a pleasure to just explore it. There are so many things to do, and graphically.. man, it's a treat. Best graphics ever, except maybe just Crysis 3. The light, the effects.. it feels like playing in a '800 painting.

Maybe the average guy doesn't care about that. I do. And it's an awesome experience, worth the price (that by the way, got much cheaper considering the bad ratings).

And COOP is real fun, much better than the average multiplayer. There is a lot of content overall in the game, different kind of solo and coop missions etc.. you hardly get bored or see the end of it. I don't know if this is the best AC ever, it's simply a very good and fun one.

So yes, maybe it's good they release games with bugs, so people gets angry, write bad reviews and prices drop, and you also get for free what was supposed to be a DLC (Dead Kings). I think it's a steal now, just get it!!
  40. Oct 31, 2020
    This is probably the most underrated game on this site. One of the most unique and enjoyable AC games ever released so far. Parkour, graphics, and stealth are very fun. It has fun and interesting side-quests with a great co-op (even playing with randoms feels great). As for bugs I haven't encountered anything major (only a few minor ones) so I'm gonna assume that it is patched & perfectlyThis is probably the most underrated game on this site. One of the most unique and enjoyable AC games ever released so far. Parkour, graphics, and stealth are very fun. It has fun and interesting side-quests with a great co-op (even playing with randoms feels great). As for bugs I haven't encountered anything major (only a few minor ones) so I'm gonna assume that it is patched & perfectly playable in 2020. If you haven't already, give it a try as it's often on sale for $4 (and for that price, it's a steal) Expand
  41. Oct 10, 2016
    I heard this game was a technical mess at launch. It's probably true, but my personal experience playing it almost two years later (after several patches by Ubisoft) is that it looks beautiful, runs smoothly on my GTX 970, and there aren't that many bugs (nothing game-breaking at least, though the AI definitely has some quirks). Overall I really enjoyed Unity, it was a nice change fromI heard this game was a technical mess at launch. It's probably true, but my personal experience playing it almost two years later (after several patches by Ubisoft) is that it looks beautiful, runs smoothly on my GTX 970, and there aren't that many bugs (nothing game-breaking at least, though the AI definitely has some quirks). Overall I really enjoyed Unity, it was a nice change from Black Flag and Rogue which I played just before. My only real complaint preventing me from giving a 10 is the story, which I found to lack clarity and purpose. But the gameplay is tons of fun, with more tools and freedom than ever to assassinate your targets the way you plan it. Expand
  42. Nov 5, 2020
    For the love of god, it runs perfectly fine in 2020, this user score is just out of date. Graphically still stunning.
  43. Nov 5, 2020
    Beautiful historical open world game. One of the best graphics in past 10 years, fine enough story, fun missions, best parkour in the series. Assassin's Creed is simply amazing.
  44. Feb 12, 2021
    I will support Ubisoft until the day i die. I bought AC Valhalla Day 1 and i will do same with Far Cry 6. I want to play Assassin's Creed Unity as last thing i ever do, before i die. Ubisoft (alongside Rockstar Games, Remedy Entertainment and Capcom) is one of my favorite game developers of all time and i mean it. They have got so much undeserved hate from tasteless haters who never evenI will support Ubisoft until the day i die. I bought AC Valhalla Day 1 and i will do same with Far Cry 6. I want to play Assassin's Creed Unity as last thing i ever do, before i die. Ubisoft (alongside Rockstar Games, Remedy Entertainment and Capcom) is one of my favorite game developers of all time and i mean it. They have got so much undeserved hate from tasteless haters who never even cared to play Ubisoft games. Anyway i just wanted to truly thank Ubisoft for every video game they have done and thanks to that made my life so much happier and better in general. Watch Dogs and AC Unity were games that helped me to get over my depression and for that i'm forever thankful for Ubisoft. Thank you. Expand
  45. Jul 6, 2020
    In 2020 every review of the game isn't correct, the game doesn't have so much bugs and low frame rates, i didn't have any problem with the mechanics our gameplay, the parkour is very fluid and realistic, the best parkour of the series so far. The grafics still one of the most beautiful on the market, and 6 years later, still is a real masterpiece, if the game was sold today, nobody willIn 2020 every review of the game isn't correct, the game doesn't have so much bugs and low frame rates, i didn't have any problem with the mechanics our gameplay, the parkour is very fluid and realistic, the best parkour of the series so far. The grafics still one of the most beautiful on the market, and 6 years later, still is a real masterpiece, if the game was sold today, nobody will notice the diference, and will say that was one of the most realistc games in the industry. But unfortunately, the problem of the game isn't the gameplay or the programming problems, the problem is the story, the fake characters, the open and empty world, the not emersive environment, the weak plot, the historical errors and not using historic events in favor of the main story, you start the game don't knowing what cause the revolution, in the middle of the game you don´t know why the king was murder and who the f*** is the villain, or what are Robbespierre motivations, or why Napoleon is there. You are just a viewer of the events and don't known the political intrigue behind the scenes that made the Assassin's creed franchise so awesome, the main character its just a guy falling in love with a feminist women and living a forbidden love. Is like a french slushy and mediocre soap opera full of cliches and disposable characters, but (and its just a small detail) IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION, the one of the most important and decisive events of western civilization!!! The game doesn't show any diference between what is good and what is bad, i known its very difficult to work with a plot envolving the creation of left and right wing politics, and choose in what side are the villains, but cmon, you don't need to create a religion fanatic villain with no motivations to escape the polemical politcal views, i think that was easier to choose a character like Robbespierre, make him a good guy and a symbol of hope, and then make him influenced by the power and creating a new dictatorship to show that its impossible to achieve freedom by the will of one person, and what matters is to ensure the will of the people and not deciding is faith, because there is no one guiding us and nothing is true, everything is permited (the motto of assassins).
    in conclusion, the game is a complete action game, a graphic art perfection, a romantic and mysterious map to explore, a world that feels real, fun, entertaining , breathtaking and very detailed, one of the must realistic games of his generation, but with problems that tripel A quality games today don't have, its a shame that such a big company created a game with to many bugs and glichets, poor story, difficult and buggie combat system, lame parts in a massive world, a shameful loot boxes system and put a very loved franchised in a mediocre level. But still deserves a try, and the game on PC is one of the most enjoyable experiences you will ever have playing an Assassin's Creed.
  46. Jul 8, 2020
    oynanış mekanikleri ortalama üstü ben oyunu oynarken herhangi bir bugla karşılaşmadım fakat aradı küçük buglar elbetteki bu kadar çok karakter moddellemesi olan oyun için normal hikaye berbattı hikayesi güzel olsaydı eğer bu kadar linç yiyeceğini düşünmüyorum fakat kötüydü ama oyunun bu kadar kötü şeyleri olmasına rağmen 2 kere bitirip 1 kerede kitabını okudum o yüzden düşük vermiyorumoynanış mekanikleri ortalama üstü ben oyunu oynarken herhangi bir bugla karşılaşmadım fakat aradı küçük buglar elbetteki bu kadar çok karakter moddellemesi olan oyun için normal hikaye berbattı hikayesi güzel olsaydı eğer bu kadar linç yiyeceğini düşünmüyorum fakat kötüydü ama oyunun bu kadar kötü şeyleri olmasına rağmen 2 kere bitirip 1 kerede kitabını okudum o yüzden düşük vermiyorum benliik ortalama üstüydü Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2020
    Yeah it had awful launch, but that was 6 years ago and most bugs were fixed. It's perfectly playable in 2020 without basically any issues. Graphically it's absolute masterpiece. Best parkour in the series (so far).
  48. Jan 23, 2021
    Sound/Music - 9/10
    How many times i have finished it - 5
    Where does it stand in my top "1000 video games of all time" list - 11
  49. Nov 13, 2020
    Just came here to say, here's my positive review for this amazing game.........
  50. Feb 13, 2016
    Unity could have been one of the best games in the series, but the technical problems make it a pain in the ass to play. This is the reason I never pay more than 15$ for Ubisoft games. They're simply not worth it.

+ Graphics are outstanding. + Lots of usability and gameplay improvements. + A lot of content. + Coop missions. + AC Initiates is good. + Story is ok. - The graphics

+ Graphics are outstanding.
    + Lots of usability and gameplay improvements.
    + A lot of content.
    + Coop missions.
    + AC Initiates is good.
    + Story is ok.

- The graphics performance sucks, even on low settings (I normally play on high). It gets worse as you play, so it's probably a problem with freeing unused memory or something like that. This simply shouldn't happen with a game you pay 50-60$ for.
    - Missions stuck because of bugs.
    - Random bugs (stuck above/below map etc).
    - Ingame purchases.
    - DLC crap.
    - Uplay is offline very often. It hasn't improved much even after a few years. The interface and website are also horrible.

Ubisoft need to learn to finish their games before they release them. Players don't like being treated like beta testers. I also feel sorry for the people who did a great job developing the game, only for it to be **** up by some idiots (the people who decided to release it like this)...
  51. Nov 11, 2014
    Pros: It is well written so far. Voice acting is great. Nice character models.
    Cons: An absolute train wreck of glitches, horrendous frame rates and technical failure.
    Quick early warning: Wait for patches and read/watch reviews before buying.
  52. Nov 11, 2014
    24 Fps on medium settings with a GTX 770 and an I7 3770k?
    I could run watchdogs on ultra 60 Fps and everyone knows what a mess that was.
    I can't even get 30 fps on medium settings.
    Haha okay Ubisoft, you know best hahahaha. Keep digging.
  53. Nov 11, 2014
    Plain awful, bad performance with decent pc, game itself doesn't look much better then ACIV, I dont know how they came up with these requirements, 44% reviews on steam are negative too, uplay servers keeps crashing, do not buy!
  54. Nov 11, 2014
    This game shows REALLY POOR TEXTURES IN LOW IN A GTX 770. A GPU that cost 300€ 2 months ago! What kind of optimization is this? It's not just the poor optimization, but the lack of options to properly configure the settings accordingly to your specs. And many options just doesn't make a difference in the performance. Just Low or High; awful quality or super high graphics; update your PC toThis game shows REALLY POOR TEXTURES IN LOW IN A GTX 770. A GPU that cost 300€ 2 months ago! What kind of optimization is this? It's not just the poor optimization, but the lack of options to properly configure the settings accordingly to your specs. And many options just doesn't make a difference in the performance. Just Low or High; awful quality or super high graphics; update your PC to the latest hardware or suffer this horrible optimization.

I like the game, i like all assassin's creed main line games more or less. The soundtrack has been told by many users to be great, one of the best in the series. The environment and the period of time is great, at least for me. But this...THIS...no way. There you have your 0.
  55. Nov 11, 2014
    Terribly optimized. The game stutters and jumps on even the lowest settings. For some reason the only way I can get it to not be insanely choppy is while using eagle vision. Go figure. This is the first time I've turned off a game because the graphics made it absolutely unplayable. Incredibly disappointing but I guess i shouldn't be surprised because, Ubisoft.

Save yourself some

Save yourself some time and money and wait for a patch or proper port. I'm disappointed i didn't wait.

The only pros would be so far it seems to have a typical AC story so if you enjoy that, you will enjoy this story. Voice acting is great so far. That's as far as I can go for Pros as the game is not playable enough to find out more.
  56. uah
    Nov 11, 2014
    If you want the full cinematic experience of 24fps you will need at least a GTX770.

Your GTX760 is not cinematic enough.

Worst Optimized game, ever, period.
  57. Nov 11, 2014
    Primer dejar claro que no es un análisis profundo del juego ya que por lo poco que he podido jugar, tiene muy buena pinta. La nota es a raíz de la calidad técnica del juego y básicamente podemos concluir que es un mal "port" de consola. Vamos a los detalles, el juego luce muy bien, se nota que se han esforzado en el trabajo artístico​ tanto a nivel de escenarios como de personajes. ElPrimer dejar claro que no es un análisis profundo del juego ya que por lo poco que he podido jugar, tiene muy buena pinta. La nota es a raíz de la calidad técnica del juego y básicamente podemos concluir que es un mal "port" de consola. Vamos a los detalles, el juego luce muy bien, se nota que se han esforzado en el trabajo artístico​ tanto a nivel de escenarios como de personajes. El guión promete y aunque sea otro juego mas de la saga tenía las expectativas bastante altas con este AC. Pero todo esto se va a la mierda en un PC... El resumen sería que está fatalmente optimizado y apenas consigues una tasa de 20 FPS jugando a 1920x1080 (2 x Radeon 7870 en CrossFire) y probando todo tipo de configuraciones gráficas, desde bajas, medias, altas y extremas. Lastima por que prometía, y mucho... Expand
  58. Nov 11, 2014
    OK this is has got to be one of ubisofts worst optimized games to date, The game has some game breaking glitches, for example you will fall through the ground/graphics alot. on top of that the games is so broke that you will see regular people walking up walls and sitting on the roof in mid air. how the hell can a game be so broken on launch as this? i have a gtx 780 and this game performsOK this is has got to be one of ubisofts worst optimized games to date, The game has some game breaking glitches, for example you will fall through the ground/graphics alot. on top of that the games is so broke that you will see regular people walking up walls and sitting on the roof in mid air. how the hell can a game be so broken on launch as this? i have a gtx 780 and this game performs so bad that it literally made me think something was wrong with my computer, even on the lowest possible settings my PC couldnt even push out 40 fps. so far i am extremely dissapointed. from this point on as a PC gamer i will never buy another ubisoft game.

Heres my specs if you guys are interested

CPU: i7 4770k at 4.4 ghz
    GPU: msi 780
    RAM: 16 gb 2133mhz
    PSU: corsair 1000 watt
    OS: Windows 8.1
  59. Nov 11, 2014
    Absolute garbage! Bugs everywhere! You won't able to play this fake, so try to save your 60$. Now I'm sure, that AC series is dead, Unity is just the logical finish of the failure.
  60. Nov 11, 2014
    20 FPS. Npc horribles. Graphics meh. I'm not a big frame rate guy who screams at the rooftops for 60fps or bust, but in this case it really does impact the feel of the gameplay and traversal in a tangible way.
  61. Nov 11, 2014
    This game is broken and not ready for release. This BS again from Ubisoft. This is one of the biggest studios in the world releasing AAA title after title that are delayed and still broken upon release. This is straight up false advertising and fraud to the consumer. This garbage game was $70 on steam as well(CAD). There needs to be a serious shift from gamers toward boycotting companiesThis game is broken and not ready for release. This BS again from Ubisoft. This is one of the biggest studios in the world releasing AAA title after title that are delayed and still broken upon release. This is straight up false advertising and fraud to the consumer. This garbage game was $70 on steam as well(CAD). There needs to be a serious shift from gamers toward boycotting companies that repeat offend like this. I will not buy a Ubi game again for many a year and until they have rebuilt a reputation of quality completed products. Expand
  62. Nov 11, 2014
    Unplayable as it is. Horrible performance on a high-end PC, choppy and laggy all the time. I am getting very weird lightning and texture glitches all the time. A friend of mine got it for PS4 and is having the same problems...

Pros: Voice acting
  63. Nov 11, 2014
    Ok, Let's get things straight. I want to like this game. SO BADLY. I meant believe it or not they put a lot of work in this game (they aren't made annually, guys. They are put in actually around 4-5 years of developement, so they start work on them as the last game releases). The voice actings pretty good, the characters seem somewhat interesting (not spectacular, but good), and the storyOk, Let's get things straight. I want to like this game. SO BADLY. I meant believe it or not they put a lot of work in this game (they aren't made annually, guys. They are put in actually around 4-5 years of developement, so they start work on them as the last game releases). The voice actings pretty good, the characters seem somewhat interesting (not spectacular, but good), and the story is pretty awesome (the french revolution is my favorite part of history). What keeps this game from being absolutely obliteratingly amazing is its absolute HORRIBLE optimization. AND IT'S NOT EVEN JUST ON PC. PS4 players as well as some Xbox One players are having trouble as well. Also, the MINIMUM requirements are a 680. That tells you what kind of graphics you're getting into. The RECOMMENDED specs, probably what was used to play it, uses an i7 3770 with 8 gigs of RAM as well as a freaking 780! Jesus, no wonder everyone is having trouble. As for the port to PC, there are plenty of glitches, and I expected that, but that many were unacceptable. And honestly, even with a freaking 980 (watching the gameplay from my friend with an awesome PC) it stutters and lags and freaking annoys the hell out of us. So, Ubisoft, Fix the game. Make it more optimized for PC and consoles, and maybe then, MAYBE THEN, I'll consider giving it the 8 I was going to give. Thank you for your time. Expand
  64. Nov 11, 2014
    This game is a pure joke. On the lowest settings (1280x720, no AA, etc), I get frames per seconds above 15. If I am lucky, I get a few early 20's. I didn't believe all of the stories people said about Unity until I got it running in my gaming laptop. What a f*cking waste of $90. BTW, my laptop is an Asus G73SW. Here are my specs just in case your interested:
    CPU: Intel i7 2630qm @2.0Ghz
    CPU: Intel i7 2630qm @2.0Ghz
    RAM: 6 Gb DDR3 1333
    GPU: Geforce GTX 460m (O'C) 1.5 Gb GDDR5
    HDD: 1.0 TB 7200rpm
    Thnx for reading. Hopefully a patch comes up so that I can play it with eagerness.
  65. Nov 11, 2014
    Framerate makes it unplayable on PC. Story is on iron rails. PC expectations makes an RPG so poorly done a waster of time. Should never have been ported in the first place.
  66. Nov 12, 2014
    God heavens what garbage this game is, AC black flag was tearing my socks off and I hoped that new AC will be better since it's next-gen afterall and consoles are now also x86 arcitecture.

what the hell happened? game runs almost unplayable on i5 3,5ghz + HD7870
    I have never seen so poor game performance.. BF4 runs 64player games ULTRA!!!!

ULTRA!!
  67. Nov 11, 2014
    Optimization bad.

Massive Lags

Lot of glitches

Poor Combat Mechanics

I highly suggest to skip this one..

I am also really disappointed, i was expecting a lot from this game...
  68. Nov 11, 2014
    Worst Optimized game, ever, my pc cost 1500 $ and i have 20 fps xDD holy cow , fenomenal game XDDD epc fail , ubisoft suckers give me my money back !
  69. Nov 12, 2014
    Absolutely horrendous.

Tried playing it on my Monitor's native rez (900p) on ultra settings on my 780ti.
    9fps, huh lets tone it down to high quality.
    8fps, well what the **** down to medium it is
    15fps.

They didn't even bother optimising this dump, for the love of god **** yourself Ubisoft. Killing PC gaming and console gaming.
  70. Nov 12, 2014
    i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz, 16GB RAM, R9 290 overclocked on water, Can't get 60fps stable on lowest settings with no AA/AF @ 1080p. Another system I have i74690k @ 4.6Ghz, 16GM RAM, GTX 970 overclocked on water, better performance, but still can't get stable 60fps @ 1080p on any settings. What a complete joke.
    Despite that the game is buggy as hell, constantly falling through floors and heaps of crashes, not to mention heaps of NPC spawns on roofs and in mid air, the list goes on and on.
    This is at best a Beta build of the game, arguably they would have released this in 2015 and fixed most of the problems, but they have rushed for the busy November games launch window and as a result this game is woefull.
    I will be returning for a refund through Origin, the amount of problems are so vast, bug fixes and even moderate optimization isn't going to be realistic for some months. Given it's appalling reception, expect to see it go on sale quickly as well, I wouldn't recommend this at all in it's current state, for any price.
    Just wait and pickup Rouge whenever it comes out on PC, given its based on the AC4 engine and has a delayed release, it will most likely work properly and give you some PC assassins creed between now and whenever they expect to finish this release.
    Most insulting game release this year, by far, and goes toe to toe with the worst games of all time as far as a PC release.
    Even on PS4 I the framerate dips into the 20s or lower frequently, with loads of pop in and gross textures. This game needed another year in development, obviously. Greed at it's finest.
  71. Nov 12, 2014
    This game is a complete technical disaster and just barely playable with acceptable framerates with an R9 290X or GTX 980 graphics card. Don't even think about buying this game until Ubisoft sorts out all of the bugs and technical shortcomings, which could take months. And Uplay sucks as always.

The gameplay is more of exactly the same, just A LOT more boring this time.
  72. Nov 11, 2014
    cant start the game AT ALL

I load it up and it crashes immediately sometimes before the ubisoft logo even appears

**** you ubisoft i'm almost crying here i was so hyped for this game
  73. Nov 12, 2014
    20 FPS. glithes and crashes! Bugs and **** crash all time. Return the money back. Do not buy this game, cancel the pre-orders! Ubisoft has become worse EA. I thought I did not live to see this moment
  74. Nov 11, 2014
    I specifically made an account to give this game a terrible rating. I have played many games in my lifetime, including about 50 early access games that were not even completed yet. I have never seen a game run so poorly on a PC. The framerate is not only terrible but also completely inconsistent.
    The entire screen jumps and glitches in ways that I didn't even know were possible. Recommended specs include a GTX 780? There is absolutely no reason for this and even with the 780 or better people are getting framerates less than 30?!
    The framerate goes up a slight amount when the graphics are turned to the medium/Low settings but the glitches and lags remain unchanged.
    I will update my review if the issue is fixed but for now this game is getting a 3.
  75. Nov 13, 2014
    Now , i have a custom 1000$ pc this game runs like **** , here is what i did to try and make the fps better :
    1. Turn down all my visual setting for windows .
    2. Use overdrive on my amd video card. 3. Placed it in my C disk (its a special disk that processes a lot faster , forgot the exact name) 4. Used a game booster , on top of all the visual downgrades. 5. Turned everything , i
    1. Turn down all my visual setting for windows .
    2. Use overdrive on my amd video card.
    4. Used a game booster , on top of all the visual downgrades.
    5. Turned everything , i mean EVERYTHING to absolute bare minimum in the game.
    6 . Closed everything else that was on from my pc , even the **** anti-virus.
    The result , NOTHING

Oh and this is only how it runs!

The new combat system : PURE **** . Now , let me explain : the fun for me in ac was to try and be stealthy but if i fail it was just as fun to kill all the guards in an area...Now you cant do that , its a serious challenge early on to kill 2-3 guards , the parry system is broken , you need to hit them a lot just cause the game tells you to , you CLEARLY MAKE THE FACE AWAY FROM YOU WHEN YOU PARRY , ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE CAN PUSH A SWORD THROW A GUY WHEN HE IS FACING IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

Stealth : **** again . Again , you don't understand who can see you , who cant see you etc , you just get a weird ass circle around you and puff , nothing else.

The initiation in the brotherhood : Some weird voodoo **** , THEY DRUG YOU! Think back to ac brotherhood : a small speech , the universal " Nothing is true , Everything is permitted" a hand symbol and a sendoff by the master assassin , not some bull**** .

Arno himself : weird as **** background with Elise , never actually explain how Arno knows about Templars , it does explain , slightly about assassins but never bout the Templars. He is kinda nice , in a way , kind of a dick , i like that , but he changes....

Graphics : tried to turn everything to max , was barely working but i was still able to get a good idea of how they wore : slightly above decent , nothing else...hell you can call them good but they don't live up to the required specs

Bugs : crap ton of them : running on roofs - you glitch into the **** roof
    running on the streets - you glitch into the **** people
    you synch a viewpoint , you cant get down anymore (happened 2/5 total )
    you walk on the streets - the people start flying

All in all if ubisoft fixes all and i mean ALL the performance issues , bugs the game may be good...i will stile despise the **** combat system but with a a number of upgrade maybe it will be better .
    I suggest you wait at least 6 months before buying it , this is a release worse then watch dogs and that is saying a lot.
  76. Nov 12, 2014
    Poor frame rates for Gtx 780 OC I mean come on!!!
    The game crashed various times and its stupid to do that.
    Poorly OPTIMIZED Yet AGAIN!!!!

Why? Ubisoft Never OPTIMIZES its games for PC and always buggy.
    They Graphics settings does not Improve my FPS. Well it does but only by 1-3 Fps
  77. Nov 12, 2014
    Well on my nvidia gtx 660 and i5 2500K this game is 100% unplayable lags crashes etc it is not optimized it is not polished game can't recommend to anyone and i really like other assassins' creed games...
  78. Nov 12, 2014
    Watch Dogs has been dethroned! Assassin's Creed Unity is now the worst game of all time. Ubisoft is clearly trying very hard to beat EA at their game.
  79. Nov 12, 2014
    Ubisoft Digger Simulator.
    I know that 0 as a score isn't objective in any way, but i have no choice. Ubisoft is spitting our faces by releasing game in this state on PC.
  80. Nov 12, 2014
    I tried this game on my i7 3930k, 16GB RAM, MSI GTX 770 2GB On medium i barely get 30fps on 1440p, on low i get around 40, but it looks like a game from 2009. Bugs and serious framedrops (down to 10) at random points.
    At first I thought its a marketing strategy to push the new 970s/980s, but after googling the problem i found out that its the same on PS4 and even worse on XOne (even at 900p!!!)
    Are they trying to push the PS5 and XTwo then? No its just Ubisoft releasing another crappy game. No lesson taken from Watch Dogs failure. I was excited for Far Cry 4 until now. Now i believe it will be crap too.

Too bad because the game seems to have an interesting story and AC finally feels natural on fights and climbing, but with constant framedrops and lag its unplayable.

DONT buy until (if ever???) fixed.
  81. Nov 12, 2014
    - "Don't buy game from Ubisoft which didn't leave yet!" (c) MrAro
    This game needs to appropriate an award: The most curve optimization in the history of video games.
    Weak plot, Graphics not according to system requirements. The gameplay is stupidly taken from other parts. And after that to ask for game of 38 dollars? Ubisoft, you have no respect for own fans. I will tell all once
    - "Don't buy game from Ubisoft which didn't leave yet!" (c) MrAro
    Weak plot, Graphics not according to system requirements.
    The gameplay is stupidly taken from other parts.
    And after that to ask for game of 38 dollars?
    Ubisoft, you have no respect for own fans.
    I will tell all once again: don't buy game from ubisoft which didn't leave yet!
  82. Nov 12, 2014
    Well on my nvidia gtx 770 and i5 4760 this game is 100% unplayable lags crashes etc it is not optimized it is not polished game can't recommend to anyone and i really like other assassins' creed games...
  83. Nov 12, 2014
    I would love to write a review but i cant since the game is literally unplayable. Got a 2500k OCd to 4,6 ghz and a 660ti also OCd yet i cant seem to get even 30 fps. Slowdowns, freezing and stuttering are constant here.

DO NOT buy this, do not even pirate this until Ubisoft gets their **** together.

This might very well be the worst and most unoptimized port of all time.
  84. Nov 12, 2014
    "Milked yearly installment"
    ------------------------------------
    Assassin's Creed: Unity could have been a solid game if it worked the way the developers intended. The game does an amazing job showing you the French Revolution but still feels lackluster and does is filled with technical and gamebreaking issues along with microtransactions.
    "Milked yearly installment"

- Lackluster Story
    - Arno's Interactions With Other NPCs
    - Unfinished Broken Game

-------------------------------------------
    CONCLUSION
    -------------------------------------------
    WORLD - 8
    STORY - 5
    GAMEPLAY - 5
    GRAPHICS - 5
    TECHNICAL - 2
    COOP - 5
    GAMESCORE - 4.8 "MILKED"
  85. Nov 13, 2014
    My experience on performance.

When I got my GTX 770 in june, overclocked it 20 1300mhz, combined it with my i54670k, also overclocked to 4.4ghz, I boasted that I could play any given game at maximum settings on my 1080p monitor. Playing games at high and stable framerates was such a massive leap from the low frame low quality, low resolution console equivalent. Crysis 3? No problem.
    My experience on performance.

Crysis 3? No problem.
    Sniper Elite 3 with supersampling? That runs a dream too.
    The mess that was Watch_Dogs? Ultra Worse mod settings even still ran well.
    AC: Black Flag? Rarely dips below 60fps.

Assassins Creed Unity? I get better framerate running Skyrim on my tablet. This is without a doubt the most poorly optimised game available on the PC, barely worthy of being labelled and Alpha considering the sheer fluctuation of frame rate this game provides me. I would be satisfied, if this game ran on ANY given graphics setting at as little as 30fps solid. But that is the worst thing. It does not.

The frame rate is not the main problem here. It's the stability. The frame rate fluctuates wildly even in the damned pause menu. In my personal experience, It would skip up and down at random between 40 and 60 constantly with stuttering. A few times a minute it will pop down to the low twenties at random.

If you know anything about how frames render, you will know that this scenario is significantly worse that just running it at 30fps constantly. That is not even an option for me.

This chaos was after altering settings to work as best as they possibly can. The fluctuation persisted in all available settings.

If you absolutely have to play it, then you will be spending a long time adjusting settings. My hint to you is to start with turning AA either off or to FXAA. These options are the best thing you can do for your experience.
  86. Nov 12, 2014
    What an absolute disgrace to us AC fans. And to think i was excited for the French Revolution settings, but unfortunately its all overshadowed by the enormous amount of problem that this game carries. As much as i tried to deal with the awful performance, glitches, poor texture rendering, low resolution textures, unstable frame rate, clunky game play and the pathetic micro-transactionsWhat an absolute disgrace to us AC fans. And to think i was excited for the French Revolution settings, but unfortunately its all overshadowed by the enormous amount of problem that this game carries. As much as i tried to deal with the awful performance, glitches, poor texture rendering, low resolution textures, unstable frame rate, clunky game play and the pathetic micro-transactions which was the icing on the cake, i have finally given up on this and decided to quit.
    I cannot believe i've spent $90 bucks for this. Just when i thought i learned a lesson with AC3 in which i got robbed out of $80, the same fiasco happens again. But this is even worse, its Watch Dogs disaster all over again.

I advice anyone to stay out of this and wait for this game to be dirt cheap, don't make the same mistake i did twice.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will never buy a single Ubisoft game ever again.
  87. Nov 11, 2014
    Sub 30 fps on lowest settings with a GTX 670 and 3570k @ 4.2. But hey, I can run crysis on almost max at over 60 fps. Even watch_dogs ran at over 60 fps, WITH THE FRIGGEN GRAPHICS MOD! Even people with dual titans (TotalBiscuit) can't get stable 60fps. I mean come on!

Unity is a bad game, not just the port since consoles are having issues too, but the game is unplayable. The game crashes all the time and stutters all the time. Gameplay is sluggish as hell with the huge amount of mouse acceleration which ruins the gameplay. YUCK!

Ubisoft just released the first AC game to receive the worst score ever. If they don't learn anything from this, then all hope is lost.

Can't recommend the game to anyone on PC since the game is so broken.
  88. Nov 12, 2014
    What is this, assassins creed #9?
    I have done all this before.
    Getting real tired at this mediocre stuff, makes me sad that its more profitable to just milk the same stuff over and over rather then coming up with new games.
  89. Nov 12, 2014
    i5 3470 3,7 GHZ, 16 GB RAM, R9 280X OC 3 GB and i "win" this game. If Ubisoft presented in E3, that was look so beatiful. Paris and others city lived her lifes with peoples. And now? Ugly game with terrible optimalization....If i want play on hight details (Blag Flag i play on max with everuthing, Star Citizen too) i have fps drop 22-32....Missing textures, hair like hay, the charactersi5 3470 3,7 GHZ, 16 GB RAM, R9 280X OC 3 GB and i "win" this game. If Ubisoft presented in E3, that was look so beatiful. Paris and others city lived her lifes with peoples. And now? Ugly game with terrible optimalization....If i want play on hight details (Blag Flag i play on max with everuthing, Star Citizen too) i have fps drop 22-32....Missing textures, hair like hay, the characters formed using CTRL + C and CTRL + V with a different colored coat. One step, one bug....Dont buy it....And console? 22-28 fps, uglier than PC and more expensive Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed Unity is an unplayable, broken mess on PC. Crashes to desktop, dropping through the environment, NPC actors falling out of the sky, conversations not triggering, and on and on. Poorly optimized for PC (of course) and my GTX 780 Ti struggles to maintain even 40 fps in Paris. Completely unacceptable. Ubisoft, go eff yourself, this is the last straw.
  91. Nov 13, 2014
    I played to this game since 11 November and I can say, t's a special collection of bugs, errors and problems. I can't understand why a so "professional" company can send a so crappy PC game, it's not optimise at all for a 40Gb game.
    It's almost impossible to have fun when you play. And I don't speak about the crazy technical spec to "play" normally.
    For me, it was the last time I ever
    For me, it was the last time I ever bought a Ubisoft game and I'll write a special comment on my blog and my facebook to prevent all my friends to not buy it.
    I don't recommend at all to buy
  92. Nov 12, 2014
    My computer can run Black Flag AC3 and Far Cry 3 no problem.

It can only run ACU on the lowest settings but then it looks like a playstation 1 game.

93. Nov 13, 2014
    You know that they have not optimized their game at all when it runs with 20-30 fps even on Xbox One and PS4.
    Ubisoft, please consider spending more time optimizing your games. It would be greatly appreciated by everyone.
  94. Nov 12, 2014
    This game is a disaster!
    With dual 580's I'm able to play at 720p and low settings while I'm comfortably playing crysis 3 at high settings at 1440p. The optimisation is just non-existent. And it's not even a good looking game. In visual terms it's a very slight upgrade from the previous AC installment. Keep digging, ubi
  95. Nov 12, 2014
    I can't believe I bought this game. I can play Metro Last Light on Ultra with almost constant 80fps, but I can't even get 30fps in this game. I will never ever buy an Ubisoft game again. Never!
  96. Nov 12, 2014
    Why is this released? Why is this even a game? Nice game Ubisoft. I need a NASA PC to run this game on low settings. I would be ashamed if this was my games.....
  97. Nov 12, 2014
    uplay is AIDS and Ubisoft is the monkey who brought AIDS to the west. This game is a virus I wouldn't download it, it will infect your computer with a trojan.
  98. Aug 21, 2017
    From massive performance issues that will only be fixed through numerous patches like X - Rebirth to problems with animations, crashes and unjustifiable system requirements, this year's Assassin's Creed is nothing but a waste of time and money. Carry on.
  99. Nov 12, 2014
    Completely avoid this game, this is not a full price release it's at alpha stage at best. The game is bad and repetitive, with performing issues that it's impossible to get a smooth experience independently how good your PC is. All animations are jagged due to imcomprehensible frames drops, transitions between animations are not done, everything pops out of the blue, you can see inside theCompletely avoid this game, this is not a full price release it's at alpha stage at best. The game is bad and repetitive, with performing issues that it's impossible to get a smooth experience independently how good your PC is. All animations are jagged due to imcomprehensible frames drops, transitions between animations are not done, everything pops out of the blue, you can see inside the houses when you are literally 2 meters before them; all of this issues to get not better graphics than last generation consoles. There are so many bugs it stops being funny 10 min into the game.

On top of all the bad performance when you get it running game is boring and repetitive. There aren't any new mechanics in coparison to previous games, I'd say that there are less than previous games. It really feels like the first assassin's creed.

Not even worth waiting for sale.
  100. Nov 12, 2014
    A 78 IGN? A 78.

A 78 IGN? A 78.

OK, well first thing first - I have a pretty bloody decent rig (actually I believe I have the recommended card, the GTX 780 and a boatload of RAM, indeed I pass every metric on Can You Run It?) and I can not get this to run at 30fps consistently at all. Even on low settings. Indeed, you have to play it on low settings unless you have a £2k+ rig, as I challenge anyone to cope with an hour or two of gaming with this title without wanting to punch a wall as your character jerks horrifically around the screen at 10fps at crucial moments.

Even when it DOES run somewhat smoothly (when I can get the abysmal UPlay to stop being its' usual terrible self of course), the pop ins are atrocious and the glitches... Oh dear Jebus the glitches... Words cannot describe what an unfinished mess this game is, but I'll try. I've fell through the floor twice, walked through walls repeatedly and at one point was stuck in midair. And all of this is before I mention the NPCs, which do incredibly random things - including an ice skating moonwalk in a circle at one point.

Was this tested at all? How can a major studio release this? I mean, I can sort of understand an indie studio having to meet a deadline for monetary purposes, but Ubisoft? Seriously?

Let's just assume the game ran flawlessly for a moment and talk about the gameplay. Is it OK? Yes. It's the same as past AC titles, and for all the hate the series gets, that's not a bad thing as it does what it does fairly well. Is it great however? No. It's got to the Call of Duty series 'paint by numbers' stage where we are getting the same game, almost totally, year on year, with no improvements whatsoever.

So it brings us to my final point - why would you buy this game? It's a buggy mess, yet even if you could cope with that, it does absolutely nothing more than Black Flag, which also featured the stellar sea-based content. So if you were coming new to the franchise, you'd objectively have to buy Black Flag. If you were an old hand and wanted another AC fix, you'd objectively either replay or buy the cheaper Black Flag. There is no rational reason to buy this title. It is, in effect, completely and utterly pointless.

Avoid. Seriously, avoid. Don't do it. Don't support this yearly iteration franchise nonsense. Don't give them tacit approval to keep doing it. Please, avoid buying this title.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Hyper Magazine
    Feb 9, 2015
    Well at least it's better than ACIII. [Issue#257, p.66]
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Dec 24, 2014
    Newfound openness of Assassin’s Creed demonstrates just how inadequate its AI really is for a stealth game: pampered nobility usually simply ignores a bloodied body on the dance floor, and guards don’t care much either. At least they’ve learned how to fight: unless you “cheat” with smoke bombs, it’s highly unlikely you’ll survive a melee against a group. [Jan 2015, p.62]
  3. Nov 27, 2014
    As I write this, Assassin’s Creed: Unity is a bugfest, but technical problems, however annoying, can and probably will be fixed. It is not cracks in textures that it is the most worrying thing about Unity, but the cracks in game design and writing.