3.9

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 1941 Ratings

1. Oct 31, 2020
    This is probably the most underrated game on this site. One of the most unique and enjoyable AC games ever released so far. Parkour, graphics, and stealth are very fun. It has fun and interesting side-quests with a great co-op (even playing with randoms feels great). As for bugs I haven't encountered anything major (only a few minor ones) so I'm gonna assume that it is patched & perfectlyThis is probably the most underrated game on this site. One of the most unique and enjoyable AC games ever released so far. Parkour, graphics, and stealth are very fun. It has fun and interesting side-quests with a great co-op (even playing with randoms feels great). As for bugs I haven't encountered anything major (only a few minor ones) so I'm gonna assume that it is patched & perfectly playable in 2020. If you haven't already, give it a try as it's often on sale for $4 (and for that price, it's a steal) Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2020
    Yeah it had awful launch, but that was 6 years ago and most bugs were fixed. It's perfectly playable in 2020 without basically any issues. Graphically it's absolute masterpiece. Best parkour in the series (so far).
  3. Oct 10, 2016
    I heard this game was a technical mess at launch. It's probably true, but my personal experience playing it almost two years later (after several patches by Ubisoft) is that it looks beautiful, runs smoothly on my GTX 970, and there aren't that many bugs (nothing game-breaking at least, though the AI definitely has some quirks). Overall I really enjoyed Unity, it was a nice change fromI heard this game was a technical mess at launch. It's probably true, but my personal experience playing it almost two years later (after several patches by Ubisoft) is that it looks beautiful, runs smoothly on my GTX 970, and there aren't that many bugs (nothing game-breaking at least, though the AI definitely has some quirks). Overall I really enjoyed Unity, it was a nice change from Black Flag and Rogue which I played just before. My only real complaint preventing me from giving a 10 is the story, which I found to lack clarity and purpose. But the gameplay is tons of fun, with more tools and freedom than ever to assassinate your targets the way you plan it. Expand
  4. Jan 21, 2015
    I can't believe this game gets such low reviews. I imagine it's all due to the glitches that it suffered at launch. I'm playing it one month later and it's working really fine. Some NPC sometimes behave wierdly, but you can live with that, happens in mostly all the games.

I am playing it at 4K resolution with a GTX 970, at max (ultra) settings and it runs fine, it may get slow FPS occasionally but come on! I could just reduce something and it would be smooth as butter always.

I read most people criticize it comparing it to Black Flag and the earlier games.. I'm not comparing it. I remember reading the same criticism about Black Flag last year. I think Unity is awesome, Paris is awesome and it's a pleasure to just explore it. There are so many things to do, and graphically.. man, it's a treat. Best graphics ever, except maybe just Crysis 3. The light, the effects.. it feels like playing in a '800 painting.

Maybe the average guy doesn't care about that. I do. And it's an awesome experience, worth the price (that by the way, got much cheaper considering the bad ratings).

And COOP is real fun, much better than the average multiplayer. There is a lot of content overall in the game, different kind of solo and coop missions etc.. you hardly get bored or see the end of it. I don't know if this is the best AC ever, it's simply a very good and fun one.

So yes, maybe it's good they release games with bugs, so people gets angry, write bad reviews and prices drop, and you also get for free what was supposed to be a DLC (Dead Kings). I think it's a steal now, just get it!!
  5. Mar 29, 2020
    i think, this game deserves 8.5, cuz we cant see like this any game that shows french revolution, and revolution civil war. (civil soliders against royalty soliders) and environment shows us the in-revolution Paris well . Even if game contains some(a bit) (very) bugs.
  6. Nov 5, 2020
    Amazing game honestly, in 2020 i mean. It had awful launch, but most bugs were fixed. I have played hours and had absolutely no issues at all, so yea, it works. Graphically stunning, story missions are fun.
  7. Oct 13, 2020
    Where do I start?
    Assassin's Creed has always been, let's say mediocre franchise. Bad controls, poor storylines, cringe voice-acting, sometimes even horrendous graphics and glitches. And these games killed off almost flawless Prince of Persia? I don't get this. Twelve main installments!
    Where do I start?
    Speaking of Unity, it is surely (and also sadly) the best entry of the series. The initial problems (glitches) are long gone which means you can continuously enjoy the graphical design, the open-world, the story, the rpg elements and so on.
    Unity simply does the best job (almost in every aspect) of all AC games from AC1 to Syndicate.
    It doesn't have Black Flag's monotonous missions and assassinations and it doesn't feel like a remainder of dough like Syndicate does.
    Gameplay-wise and story-wise, the best AC experience.
  8. Nov 5, 2020
    For the love of god, it runs perfectly fine in 2020, this user score is just out of date. Graphically still stunning.
  9. Nov 5, 2020
    Beautiful historical open world game. One of the best graphics in past 10 years, fine enough story, fun missions, best parkour in the series. Assassin's Creed is simply amazing.
  10. Jul 6, 2020
    In 2020 every review of the game isn't correct, the game doesn't have so much bugs and low frame rates, i didn't have any problem with the mechanics our gameplay, the parkour is very fluid and realistic, the best parkour of the series so far. The grafics still one of the most beautiful on the market, and 6 years later, still is a real masterpiece, if the game was sold today, nobody willIn 2020 every review of the game isn't correct, the game doesn't have so much bugs and low frame rates, i didn't have any problem with the mechanics our gameplay, the parkour is very fluid and realistic, the best parkour of the series so far. The grafics still one of the most beautiful on the market, and 6 years later, still is a real masterpiece, if the game was sold today, nobody will notice the diference, and will say that was one of the most realistc games in the industry. But unfortunately, the problem of the game isn't the gameplay or the programming problems, the problem is the story, the fake characters, the open and empty world, the not emersive environment, the weak plot, the historical errors and not using historic events in favor of the main story, you start the game don't knowing what cause the revolution, in the middle of the game you don´t know why the king was murder and who the f*** is the villain, or what are Robbespierre motivations, or why Napoleon is there. You are just a viewer of the events and don't known the political intrigue behind the scenes that made the Assassin's creed franchise so awesome, the main character its just a guy falling in love with a feminist women and living a forbidden love. Is like a french slushy and mediocre soap opera full of cliches and disposable characters, but (and its just a small detail) IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION, the one of the most important and decisive events of western civilization!!! The game doesn't show any diference between what is good and what is bad, i known its very difficult to work with a plot envolving the creation of left and right wing politics, and choose in what side are the villains, but cmon, you don't need to create a religion fanatic villain with no motivations to escape the polemical politcal views, i think that was easier to choose a character like Robbespierre, make him a good guy and a symbol of hope, and then make him influenced by the power and creating a new dictatorship to show that its impossible to achieve freedom by the will of one person, and what matters is to ensure the will of the people and not deciding is faith, because there is no one guiding us and nothing is true, everything is permited (the motto of assassins).
    in conclusion, the game is a complete action game, a graphic art perfection, a romantic and mysterious map to explore, a world that feels real, fun, entertaining , breathtaking and very detailed, one of the must realistic games of his generation, but with problems that tripel A quality games today don't have, its a shame that such a big company created a game with to many bugs and glichets, poor story, difficult and buggie combat system, lame parts in a massive world, a shameful loot boxes system and put a very loved franchised in a mediocre level. But still deserves a try, and the game on PC is one of the most enjoyable experiences you will ever have playing an Assassin's Creed.
  11. Jul 8, 2020
    oynanış mekanikleri ortalama üstü ben oyunu oynarken herhangi bir bugla karşılaşmadım fakat aradı küçük buglar elbetteki bu kadar çok karakter moddellemesi olan oyun için normal hikaye berbattı hikayesi güzel olsaydı eğer bu kadar linç yiyeceğini düşünmüyorum fakat kötüydü ama oyunun bu kadar kötü şeyleri olmasına rağmen 2 kere bitirip 1 kerede kitabını okudum o yüzden düşük vermiyorumoynanış mekanikleri ortalama üstü ben oyunu oynarken herhangi bir bugla karşılaşmadım fakat aradı küçük buglar elbetteki bu kadar çok karakter moddellemesi olan oyun için normal hikaye berbattı hikayesi güzel olsaydı eğer bu kadar linç yiyeceğini düşünmüyorum fakat kötüydü ama oyunun bu kadar kötü şeyleri olmasına rağmen 2 kere bitirip 1 kerede kitabını okudum o yüzden düşük vermiyorum benliik ortalama üstüydü Expand
  12. Sep 2, 2020
    The game is great, graphics is pretty good, story too, but there was many bugs through the game so if you are fan of the franchise, go and get a copy of the game its great.
  13. Nov 13, 2020
    Just came here to say, here's my positive review for this amazing game.........
  14. uah
    Nov 11, 2014
    If you want the full cinematic experience of 24fps you will need at least a GTX770.

Your GTX760 is not cinematic enough.

Worst Optimized game, ever, period.
  15. Nov 11, 2014
    24 Fps on medium settings with a GTX 770 and an I7 3770k?
    I could run watchdogs on ultra 60 Fps and everyone knows what a mess that was.
    I can't even get 30 fps on medium settings.
    Haha okay Ubisoft, you know best hahahaha. Keep digging.
  16. Nov 11, 2014
    OK this is has got to be one of ubisofts worst optimized games to date, The game has some game breaking glitches, for example you will fall through the ground/graphics alot. on top of that the games is so broke that you will see regular people walking up walls and sitting on the roof in mid air. how the hell can a game be so broken on launch as this? i have a gtx 780 and this game performsOK this is has got to be one of ubisofts worst optimized games to date, The game has some game breaking glitches, for example you will fall through the ground/graphics alot. on top of that the games is so broke that you will see regular people walking up walls and sitting on the roof in mid air. how the hell can a game be so broken on launch as this? i have a gtx 780 and this game performs so bad that it literally made me think something was wrong with my computer, even on the lowest possible settings my PC couldnt even push out 40 fps. so far i am extremely dissapointed. from this point on as a PC gamer i will never buy another ubisoft game.

Heres my specs if you guys are interested

CPU: i7 4770k at 4.4 ghz
    GPU: msi 780
    RAM: 16 gb 2133mhz
    PSU: corsair 1000 watt
    OS: Windows 8.1
  17. Nov 11, 2014
    Pros: It is well written so far. Voice acting is great. Nice character models.
    Cons: An absolute train wreck of glitches, horrendous frame rates and technical failure.
    Quick early warning: Wait for patches and read/watch reviews before buying.
  18. Nov 11, 2014
    Absolute garbage! Bugs everywhere! You won't able to play this fake, so try to save your 60$. Now I'm sure, that AC series is dead, Unity is just the logical finish of the failure.
  19. Nov 11, 2014
    This game is a pure joke. On the lowest settings (1280x720, no AA, etc), I get frames per seconds above 15. If I am lucky, I get a few early 20's. I didn't believe all of the stories people said about Unity until I got it running in my gaming laptop. What a f*cking waste of $90. BTW, my laptop is an Asus G73SW. Here are my specs just in case your interested:
    CPU: Intel i7 2630qm @2.0Ghz
    CPU: Intel i7 2630qm @2.0Ghz
    RAM: 6 Gb DDR3 1333
    GPU: Geforce GTX 460m (O'C) 1.5 Gb GDDR5
    HDD: 1.0 TB 7200rpm
    Thnx for reading. Hopefully a patch comes up so that I can play it with eagerness.
  20. Nov 12, 2014
    I would love to write a review but i cant since the game is literally unplayable. Got a 2500k OCd to 4,6 ghz and a 660ti also OCd yet i cant seem to get even 30 fps. Slowdowns, freezing and stuttering are constant here.

DO NOT buy this, do not even pirate this until Ubisoft gets their **** together.

This might very well be the worst and most unoptimized port of all time.
  21. Nov 11, 2014
    cant start the game AT ALL

I load it up and it crashes immediately sometimes before the ubisoft logo even appears

**** you ubisoft i'm almost crying here i was so hyped for this game
  22. Nov 12, 2014
    My computer can run Black Flag AC3 and Far Cry 3 no problem.

It can only run ACU on the lowest settings but then it looks like a playstation 1 game.

23. Nov 13, 2014
    You know that they have not optimized their game at all when it runs with 20-30 fps even on Xbox One and PS4.
    Ubisoft, please consider spending more time optimizing your games. It would be greatly appreciated by everyone.
  24. Nov 12, 2014
    This game is a disaster!
    With dual 580's I'm able to play at 720p and low settings while I'm comfortably playing crysis 3 at high settings at 1440p. The optimisation is just non-existent. And it's not even a good looking game. In visual terms it's a very slight upgrade from the previous AC installment. Keep digging, ubi
  25. Nov 11, 2014
    Worst Optimized game, ever, my pc cost 1500 $ and i have 20 fps xDD holy cow , fenomenal game XDDD epc fail , ubisoft suckers give me my money back !
  26. Nov 11, 2014
    Plain awful, bad performance with decent pc, game itself doesn't look much better then ACIV, I dont know how they came up with these requirements, 44% reviews on steam are negative too, uplay servers keeps crashing, do not buy!
  27. Nov 12, 2014
    Look, other games have come out that look amazing but they also can run well on other then the top systems. Guess we call this optimization. That's not what Ubi does and not what this game is. I have enjoyed the AC series, even the much hated AC 3. Sure, its repetitive but the recreation of Paris is good. Without a broken game, and yes, it is certainly broken at this point, maybe a 6. ItLook, other games have come out that look amazing but they also can run well on other then the top systems. Guess we call this optimization. That's not what Ubi does and not what this game is. I have enjoyed the AC series, even the much hated AC 3. Sure, its repetitive but the recreation of Paris is good. Without a broken game, and yes, it is certainly broken at this point, maybe a 6. It does have other issues as well. Ubi doesn't seem to finish a game. They get to the release date now and just dump whatever code they have and who cares if it runs right.

They need to contemplate their business strategy, this release will hurt them. Even among the console gamers. With such a small install base for those, they need PC gamers to buy this title. This game is not going to do it in it's current functional form.
  28. Nov 12, 2014
    What an absolute disgrace to us AC fans. And to think i was excited for the French Revolution settings, but unfortunately its all overshadowed by the enormous amount of problem that this game carries. As much as i tried to deal with the awful performance, glitches, poor texture rendering, low resolution textures, unstable frame rate, clunky game play and the pathetic micro-transactionsWhat an absolute disgrace to us AC fans. And to think i was excited for the French Revolution settings, but unfortunately its all overshadowed by the enormous amount of problem that this game carries. As much as i tried to deal with the awful performance, glitches, poor texture rendering, low resolution textures, unstable frame rate, clunky game play and the pathetic micro-transactions which was the icing on the cake, i have finally given up on this and decided to quit.
    I cannot believe i've spent $90 bucks for this. Just when i thought i learned a lesson with AC3 in which i got robbed out of $80, the same fiasco happens again. But this is even worse, its Watch Dogs disaster all over again.

I advice anyone to stay out of this and wait for this game to be dirt cheap, don't make the same mistake i did twice.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will never buy a single Ubisoft game ever again.
  29. Nov 11, 2014
    Sub 30 fps on lowest settings with a GTX 670 and 3570k @ 4.2. But hey, I can run crysis on almost max at over 60 fps. Even watch_dogs ran at over 60 fps, WITH THE FRIGGEN GRAPHICS MOD! Even people with dual titans (TotalBiscuit) can't get stable 60fps. I mean come on!

Unity is a bad game, not just the port since consoles are having issues too, but the game is unplayable. The game crashes all the time and stutters all the time. Gameplay is sluggish as hell with the huge amount of mouse acceleration which ruins the gameplay. YUCK!

Ubisoft just released the first AC game to receive the worst score ever. If they don't learn anything from this, then all hope is lost.

Can't recommend the game to anyone on PC since the game is so broken.
  30. Nov 11, 2014
    Unplayable as it is. Horrible performance on a high-end PC, choppy and laggy all the time. I am getting very weird lightning and texture glitches all the time. A friend of mine got it for PS4 and is having the same problems...

Pros: Voice acting
  31. Nov 11, 2014
    20 FPS. Npc horribles. Graphics meh. I'm not a big frame rate guy who screams at the rooftops for 60fps or bust, but in this case it really does impact the feel of the gameplay and traversal in a tangible way.
  32. Nov 11, 2014
    This game is broken and not ready for release. This BS again from Ubisoft. This is one of the biggest studios in the world releasing AAA title after title that are delayed and still broken upon release. This is straight up false advertising and fraud to the consumer. This garbage game was $70 on steam as well(CAD). There needs to be a serious shift from gamers toward boycotting companiesThis game is broken and not ready for release. This BS again from Ubisoft. This is one of the biggest studios in the world releasing AAA title after title that are delayed and still broken upon release. This is straight up false advertising and fraud to the consumer. This garbage game was $70 on steam as well(CAD). There needs to be a serious shift from gamers toward boycotting companies that repeat offend like this. I will not buy a Ubi game again for many a year and until they have rebuilt a reputation of quality completed products. Expand
  33. Nov 12, 2014
    Ubisoft Digger Simulator.
    I know that 0 as a score isn't objective in any way, but i have no choice. Ubisoft is spitting our faces by releasing game in this state on PC.
  34. Nov 12, 2014
    Terribly optimized!!! Typical console port,

gtx 690 , 2600k ,

16 gb

freeze game

Massive Lags

Lot of glitches

Poor Combat Mechanics

I highly suggest to skip this one..

I am also really disappointed, i was expecting a lot from this game...
  35. Nov 11, 2014
    First the good:
    1) It looks kinda nice on high - 1080p.
    2) (Most) Clothes, buildings and cutscenes have a lot of details. 3) Voice acting is good. 4) ..... Yeah... that's about it. Now the bad: A lot of the same stuff as the previous AC games. This game is just a copy of the other AC games in a new coat. That is litterally it. Combat is very slow and sluggish, it has nothing of the
    First the good:
    1) It looks kinda nice on high - 1080p.
    2) (Most) Clothes, buildings and cutscenes have a lot of details.
    3) Voice acting is good.
    4) ..... Yeah... that's about it.

Now the bad:
    A lot of the same stuff as the previous AC games. This game is just a copy of the other AC games in a new coat. That is litterally it. Combat is very slow and sluggish, it has nothing of the good old, fast gadget using Ezio. Arnoud is slow, sluggish and does not feel liek a real acrobate. Which is not that bad, since it gives the game a more realistic feeling, but....

THE PERFORMANCE!1! OMG!
    I have played consoleports and I have played consoleports, but never have I played something like this. My rig can play BF4 med on 1080p on 120fps stable, Watch_Dogs on 60 stable on high, yet AC:U cannot get over 40 with 720p and everything low/off. And it doesn't even look decent on low. The entire game is painful for the eyes and all the enjoyable fluent gameplay is killed due to the performance issues. Compared to this, they even did a good job with Watch_Dogs.
    AI is bad and guards sometimes just disappear when they lost track of you, as if they magically re-enter their original guard-duty-path. Plus, I was stuck on multiple occasions, and had to reload entire memories to play on.

Untill the performance issues are fixed, this game is not worth getting.
  36. Nov 13, 2014
    770 GTX SLI + 3770k @ 4.8 Ghz + 16GB RAM, GPU utlilization is 33% and 2nd GPU is 22%, FPS 19.1, max GPU utilization i saw is 65% for primary and 55% for secondary, FPS is 45-60 on 1080p with everything on low and FXAA. FPS drops are massive so 45-60 FPS for 4-5 seconds then it drops to 24 then back to 45. i play on 1440p, i had to reduce resolution to 1080p to be able to play it, on 1440p770 GTX SLI + 3770k @ 4.8 Ghz + 16GB RAM, GPU utlilization is 33% and 2nd GPU is 22%, FPS 19.1, max GPU utilization i saw is 65% for primary and 55% for secondary, FPS is 45-60 on 1080p with everything on low and FXAA. FPS drops are massive so 45-60 FPS for 4-5 seconds then it drops to 24 then back to 45. i play on 1440p, i had to reduce resolution to 1080p to be able to play it, on 1440p while everything on low and FXAA, Avg FPS 24 and drops to 12-19 on certain non-demanding areas.

cut-scenes run very bad at 11 FPS, there is no real performance impact when changing graphics options from high to low, just 3-4 FPS gain and thats it, 5 graphics options only.

in short, this game is in alpha stage and has never been tested on PC nor touched, was ported by Ubisoft crap Kiev and thrown for release because even a novice tester would reject this build from the first min.
  37. Nov 11, 2014
    Framerate makes it unplayable on PC. Story is on iron rails. PC expectations makes an RPG so poorly done a waster of time. Should never have been ported in the first place.
  38. Nov 13, 2014
    Now , i have a custom 1000$ pc this game runs like **** , here is what i did to try and make the fps better :
    1. Turn down all my visual setting for windows .
    2. Use overdrive on my amd video card. 3. Placed it in my C disk (its a special disk that processes a lot faster , forgot the exact name) 4. Used a game booster , on top of all the visual downgrades. 5. Turned everything , i
    1. Turn down all my visual setting for windows .
    2. Use overdrive on my amd video card.
    4. Used a game booster , on top of all the visual downgrades.
    5. Turned everything , i mean EVERYTHING to absolute bare minimum in the game.
    6 . Closed everything else that was on from my pc , even the **** anti-virus.
    The result , NOTHING

Oh and this is only how it runs!

The new combat system : PURE **** . Now , let me explain : the fun for me in ac was to try and be stealthy but if i fail it was just as fun to kill all the guards in an area...Now you cant do that , its a serious challenge early on to kill 2-3 guards , the parry system is broken , you need to hit them a lot just cause the game tells you to , you CLEARLY MAKE THE FACE AWAY FROM YOU WHEN YOU PARRY , ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE CAN PUSH A SWORD THROW A GUY WHEN HE IS FACING IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

Stealth : **** again . Again , you don't understand who can see you , who cant see you etc , you just get a weird ass circle around you and puff , nothing else.

The initiation in the brotherhood : Some weird voodoo **** , THEY DRUG YOU! Think back to ac brotherhood : a small speech , the universal " Nothing is true , Everything is permitted" a hand symbol and a sendoff by the master assassin , not some bull**** .

Arno himself : weird as **** background with Elise , never actually explain how Arno knows about Templars , it does explain , slightly about assassins but never bout the Templars. He is kinda nice , in a way , kind of a dick , i like that , but he changes....

Graphics : tried to turn everything to max , was barely working but i was still able to get a good idea of how they wore : slightly above decent , nothing else...hell you can call them good but they don't live up to the required specs

Bugs : crap ton of them : running on roofs - you glitch into the **** roof
    running on the streets - you glitch into the **** people
    you synch a viewpoint , you cant get down anymore (happened 2/5 total )
    you walk on the streets - the people start flying

All in all if ubisoft fixes all and i mean ALL the performance issues , bugs the game may be good...i will stile despise the **** combat system but with a a number of upgrade maybe it will be better .
    I suggest you wait at least 6 months before buying it , this is a release worse then watch dogs and that is saying a lot.
  39. Nov 12, 2014
    Poor frame rates for Gtx 780 OC I mean come on!!!
    The game crashed various times and its stupid to do that.
    Poorly OPTIMIZED Yet AGAIN!!!!

Why? Ubisoft Never OPTIMIZES its games for PC and always buggy.
    They Graphics settings does not Improve my FPS. Well it does but only by 1-3 Fps
  40. Nov 12, 2014
    Absolutely horrendous.

Tried playing it on my Monitor's native rez (900p) on ultra settings on my 780ti.
    9fps, huh lets tone it down to high quality.
    8fps, well what the **** down to medium it is
    15fps.

They didn't even bother optimising this dump, for the love of god **** yourself Ubisoft. Killing PC gaming and console gaming.
  41. Nov 12, 2014
    i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz, 16GB RAM, R9 290 overclocked on water, Can't get 60fps stable on lowest settings with no AA/AF @ 1080p. Another system I have i74690k @ 4.6Ghz, 16GM RAM, GTX 970 overclocked on water, better performance, but still can't get stable 60fps @ 1080p on any settings. What a complete joke.
    Despite that the game is buggy as hell, constantly falling through floors and heaps of crashes, not to mention heaps of NPC spawns on roofs and in mid air, the list goes on and on.
    This is at best a Beta build of the game, arguably they would have released this in 2015 and fixed most of the problems, but they have rushed for the busy November games launch window and as a result this game is woefull.
    I will be returning for a refund through Origin, the amount of problems are so vast, bug fixes and even moderate optimization isn't going to be realistic for some months. Given it's appalling reception, expect to see it go on sale quickly as well, I wouldn't recommend this at all in it's current state, for any price.
    Just wait and pickup Rouge whenever it comes out on PC, given its based on the AC4 engine and has a delayed release, it will most likely work properly and give you some PC assassins creed between now and whenever they expect to finish this release.
    Most insulting game release this year, by far, and goes toe to toe with the worst games of all time as far as a PC release.
    Even on PS4 I the framerate dips into the 20s or lower frequently, with loads of pop in and gross textures. This game needed another year in development, obviously. Greed at it's finest.
  42. Nov 12, 2014
    I tried this game on my i7 3930k, 16GB RAM, MSI GTX 770 2GB On medium i barely get 30fps on 1440p, on low i get around 40, but it looks like a game from 2009. Bugs and serious framedrops (down to 10) at random points.
    At first I thought its a marketing strategy to push the new 970s/980s, but after googling the problem i found out that its the same on PS4 and even worse on XOne (even at 900p!!!)
    Are they trying to push the PS5 and XTwo then? No its just Ubisoft releasing another crappy game. No lesson taken from Watch Dogs failure. I was excited for Far Cry 4 until now. Now i believe it will be crap too.

Too bad because the game seems to have an interesting story and AC finally feels natural on fights and climbing, but with constant framedrops and lag its unplayable.

DONT buy until (if ever???) fixed.
  43. Nov 11, 2014
    Ok, Let's get things straight. I want to like this game. SO BADLY. I meant believe it or not they put a lot of work in this game (they aren't made annually, guys. They are put in actually around 4-5 years of developement, so they start work on them as the last game releases). The voice actings pretty good, the characters seem somewhat interesting (not spectacular, but good), and the storyOk, Let's get things straight. I want to like this game. SO BADLY. I meant believe it or not they put a lot of work in this game (they aren't made annually, guys. They are put in actually around 4-5 years of developement, so they start work on them as the last game releases). The voice actings pretty good, the characters seem somewhat interesting (not spectacular, but good), and the story is pretty awesome (the french revolution is my favorite part of history). What keeps this game from being absolutely obliteratingly amazing is its absolute HORRIBLE optimization. AND IT'S NOT EVEN JUST ON PC. PS4 players as well as some Xbox One players are having trouble as well. Also, the MINIMUM requirements are a 680. That tells you what kind of graphics you're getting into. The RECOMMENDED specs, probably what was used to play it, uses an i7 3770 with 8 gigs of RAM as well as a freaking 780! Jesus, no wonder everyone is having trouble. As for the port to PC, there are plenty of glitches, and I expected that, but that many were unacceptable. And honestly, even with a freaking 980 (watching the gameplay from my friend with an awesome PC) it stutters and lags and freaking annoys the hell out of us. So, Ubisoft, Fix the game. Make it more optimized for PC and consoles, and maybe then, MAYBE THEN, I'll consider giving it the 8 I was going to give. Thank you for your time. Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2014
    This game shows REALLY POOR TEXTURES IN LOW IN A GTX 770. A GPU that cost 300€ 2 months ago! What kind of optimization is this? It's not just the poor optimization, but the lack of options to properly configure the settings accordingly to your specs. And many options just doesn't make a difference in the performance. Just Low or High; awful quality or super high graphics; update your PC toThis game shows REALLY POOR TEXTURES IN LOW IN A GTX 770. A GPU that cost 300€ 2 months ago! What kind of optimization is this? It's not just the poor optimization, but the lack of options to properly configure the settings accordingly to your specs. And many options just doesn't make a difference in the performance. Just Low or High; awful quality or super high graphics; update your PC to the latest hardware or suffer this horrible optimization.

I like the game, i like all assassin's creed main line games more or less. The soundtrack has been told by many users to be great, one of the best in the series. The environment and the period of time is great, at least for me. But this...THIS...no way. There you have your 0.
  45. Nov 12, 2014
    This game is a complete technical disaster and just barely playable with acceptable framerates with an R9 290X or GTX 980 graphics card. Don't even think about buying this game until Ubisoft sorts out all of the bugs and technical shortcomings, which could take months. And Uplay sucks as always.

The gameplay is more of exactly the same, just A LOT more boring this time.
  46. Nov 12, 2014
    20 FPS. glithes and crashes! Bugs and **** crash all time. Return the money back. Do not buy this game, cancel the pre-orders! Ubisoft has become worse EA. I thought I did not live to see this moment
  47. Nov 11, 2014
    I specifically made an account to give this game a terrible rating. I have played many games in my lifetime, including about 50 early access games that were not even completed yet. I have never seen a game run so poorly on a PC. The framerate is not only terrible but also completely inconsistent.
    The entire screen jumps and glitches in ways that I didn't even know were possible. Recommended specs include a GTX 780? There is absolutely no reason for this and even with the 780 or better people are getting framerates less than 30?!
    The framerate goes up a slight amount when the graphics are turned to the medium/Low settings but the glitches and lags remain unchanged.
    I will update my review if the issue is fixed but for now this game is getting a 3.
  48. Nov 12, 2014
    i5 3470 3,7 GHZ, 16 GB RAM, R9 280X OC 3 GB and i "win" this game. If Ubisoft presented in E3, that was look so beatiful. Paris and others city lived her lifes with peoples. And now? Ugly game with terrible optimalization....If i want play on hight details (Blag Flag i play on max with everuthing, Star Citizen too) i have fps drop 22-32....Missing textures, hair like hay, the charactersi5 3470 3,7 GHZ, 16 GB RAM, R9 280X OC 3 GB and i "win" this game. If Ubisoft presented in E3, that was look so beatiful. Paris and others city lived her lifes with peoples. And now? Ugly game with terrible optimalization....If i want play on hight details (Blag Flag i play on max with everuthing, Star Citizen too) i have fps drop 22-32....Missing textures, hair like hay, the characters formed using CTRL + C and CTRL + V with a different colored coat. One step, one bug....Dont buy it....And console? 22-28 fps, uglier than PC and more expensive Expand
  49. Nov 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed Unity is an unplayable, broken mess on PC. Crashes to desktop, dropping through the environment, NPC actors falling out of the sky, conversations not triggering, and on and on. Poorly optimized for PC (of course) and my GTX 780 Ti struggles to maintain even 40 fps in Paris. Completely unacceptable. Ubisoft, go eff yourself, this is the last straw.
  50. Nov 13, 2014
    I played to this game since 11 November and I can say, t's a special collection of bugs, errors and problems. I can't understand why a so "professional" company can send a so crappy PC game, it's not optimise at all for a 40Gb game.
    It's almost impossible to have fun when you play. And I don't speak about the crazy technical spec to "play" normally.
    For me, it was the last time I ever
    For me, it was the last time I ever bought a Ubisoft game and I'll write a special comment on my blog and my facebook to prevent all my friends to not buy it.
    I don't recommend at all to buy
  51. Nov 11, 2014
    Primer dejar claro que no es un análisis profundo del juego ya que por lo poco que he podido jugar, tiene muy buena pinta. La nota es a raíz de la calidad técnica del juego y básicamente podemos concluir que es un mal "port" de consola. Vamos a los detalles, el juego luce muy bien, se nota que se han esforzado en el trabajo artístico​ tanto a nivel de escenarios como de personajes. ElPrimer dejar claro que no es un análisis profundo del juego ya que por lo poco que he podido jugar, tiene muy buena pinta. La nota es a raíz de la calidad técnica del juego y básicamente podemos concluir que es un mal "port" de consola. Vamos a los detalles, el juego luce muy bien, se nota que se han esforzado en el trabajo artístico​ tanto a nivel de escenarios como de personajes. El guión promete y aunque sea otro juego mas de la saga tenía las expectativas bastante altas con este AC. Pero todo esto se va a la mierda en un PC... El resumen sería que está fatalmente optimizado y apenas consigues una tasa de 20 FPS jugando a 1920x1080 (2 x Radeon 7870 en CrossFire) y probando todo tipo de configuraciones gráficas, desde bajas, medias, altas y extremas. Lastima por que prometía, y mucho... Expand
  52. Nov 11, 2014
    Terribly optimized. The game stutters and jumps on even the lowest settings. For some reason the only way I can get it to not be insanely choppy is while using eagle vision. Go figure. This is the first time I've turned off a game because the graphics made it absolutely unplayable. Incredibly disappointing but I guess i shouldn't be surprised because, Ubisoft.

Save yourself some

Save yourself some time and money and wait for a patch or proper port. I'm disappointed i didn't wait.

The only pros would be so far it seems to have a typical AC story so if you enjoy that, you will enjoy this story. Voice acting is great so far. That's as far as I can go for Pros as the game is not playable enough to find out more.
  53. Aug 21, 2017
    From massive performance issues that will only be fixed through numerous patches like X - Rebirth to problems with animations, crashes and unjustifiable system requirements, this year's Assassin's Creed is nothing but a waste of time and money. Carry on.
  54. Nov 12, 2014
    Let me start off by saying that I have always been a huge fan of the franchise; I was there at the start of it. Black flag was the first one my gaming PC and I enjoyed that game, but not immensely as past titles in the franchise. However I do have to say that Unity is a huge let down for me and that really hurts being that I love this franchise too much. My rig is equipped with an i5Let me start off by saying that I have always been a huge fan of the franchise; I was there at the start of it. Black flag was the first one my gaming PC and I enjoyed that game, but not immensely as past titles in the franchise. However I do have to say that Unity is a huge let down for me and that really hurts being that I love this franchise too much. My rig is equipped with an i5 3570k and a 770 and runs the game comfortably on high settings minus the occasional frame dip tantrums. I feel like ubisofts minimum and required specifications were unfair. Even though I think you feel more like an assassin than in previous titles being that they added sneaking/crouching and taking on two or more enemies at once is a handful. There is also immense customization options for Arno's outfit and gear which I like. Free running feels like jogging it's slow and sometimes feels unresponsive, it's just not fluid as it has been in the previous titles and compared to black flag the controls/keys feel more awkward than that of its predecessor.You'd be better off hooking up an Xbox controller to play this game on your PC. Also I may add that t co-op is terrible, I don't think any assassin's creed titles need multiplayer. In my opinion although they added neat little features like the sneaking ability and customization that should have been incorporated in previous titles, I have to say Ubisoft took a major step backwards with this iteration and the franchise which will ultimately affect my decision about buying another AC title in the future. If you were expecting something different out Unity compared to past titles, don't. Ultimately it feels more like a copy and paste trying to compete with CoD in a pissing match and CoD's bad luck is starting to rub off onto a once great franchise. The only thing different in Unity is the character you play as (Arno) and the setting (Paris 1789 French Revolution) the player is put in. Regardless of everything, I think the specifications ubisoft posted were the ultimate turn off for me. The specifications are overrated and outright irrational. Either some dense person posted the specifications on the ubiblog or they didn't take the time to optimize the title. In conclusion, I am beginning to think the franchise has lost its 'mojo'. Ubisoft needs to take a break from the franchise or step up their game in the next itteration (no pun intended). Hopefully Ubisoft can redeem themselves with the next Assassin's Creed title. Expand
  55. Nov 12, 2014
    God heavens what garbage this game is, AC black flag was tearing my socks off and I hoped that new AC will be better since it's next-gen afterall and consoles are now also x86 arcitecture.

what the hell happened? game runs almost unplayable on i5 3,5ghz + HD7870
    I have never seen so poor game performance.. BF4 runs 64player games ULTRA!!!!

ULTRA!!
  56. Nov 11, 2014
    Optimization bad.

Massive Lags

Lot of glitches

Poor Combat Mechanics

I highly suggest to skip this one..

I am also really disappointed, i was expecting a lot from this game...
  57. Nov 12, 2014
    Why is this released? Why is this even a game? Nice game Ubisoft. I need a NASA PC to run this game on low settings. I would be ashamed if this was my games.....
  58. Nov 12, 2014
    Completely avoid this game, this is not a full price release it's at alpha stage at best. The game is bad and repetitive, with performing issues that it's impossible to get a smooth experience independently how good your PC is. All animations are jagged due to imcomprehensible frames drops, transitions between animations are not done, everything pops out of the blue, you can see inside theCompletely avoid this game, this is not a full price release it's at alpha stage at best. The game is bad and repetitive, with performing issues that it's impossible to get a smooth experience independently how good your PC is. All animations are jagged due to imcomprehensible frames drops, transitions between animations are not done, everything pops out of the blue, you can see inside the houses when you are literally 2 meters before them; all of this issues to get not better graphics than last generation consoles. There are so many bugs it stops being funny 10 min into the game.

On top of all the bad performance when you get it running game is boring and repetitive. There aren't any new mechanics in coparison to previous games, I'd say that there are less than previous games. It really feels like the first assassin's creed.

Not even worth waiting for sale.
  59. Nov 12, 2014
    A 78 IGN? A 78.

A 78 IGN? A 78.

OK, well first thing first - I have a pretty bloody decent rig (actually I believe I have the recommended card, the GTX 780 and a boatload of RAM, indeed I pass every metric on Can You Run It?) and I can not get this to run at 30fps consistently at all. Even on low settings. Indeed, you have to play it on low settings unless you have a £2k+ rig, as I challenge anyone to cope with an hour or two of gaming with this title without wanting to punch a wall as your character jerks horrifically around the screen at 10fps at crucial moments.

Even when it DOES run somewhat smoothly (when I can get the abysmal UPlay to stop being its' usual terrible self of course), the pop ins are atrocious and the glitches... Oh dear Jebus the glitches... Words cannot describe what an unfinished mess this game is, but I'll try. I've fell through the floor twice, walked through walls repeatedly and at one point was stuck in midair. And all of this is before I mention the NPCs, which do incredibly random things - including an ice skating moonwalk in a circle at one point.

Was this tested at all? How can a major studio release this? I mean, I can sort of understand an indie studio having to meet a deadline for monetary purposes, but Ubisoft? Seriously?

Let's just assume the game ran flawlessly for a moment and talk about the gameplay. Is it OK? Yes. It's the same as past AC titles, and for all the hate the series gets, that's not a bad thing as it does what it does fairly well. Is it great however? No. It's got to the Call of Duty series 'paint by numbers' stage where we are getting the same game, almost totally, year on year, with no improvements whatsoever.

So it brings us to my final point - why would you buy this game? It's a buggy mess, yet even if you could cope with that, it does absolutely nothing more than Black Flag, which also featured the stellar sea-based content. So if you were coming new to the franchise, you'd objectively have to buy Black Flag. If you were an old hand and wanted another AC fix, you'd objectively either replay or buy the cheaper Black Flag. There is no rational reason to buy this title. It is, in effect, completely and utterly pointless.

Avoid. Seriously, avoid. Don't do it. Don't support this yearly iteration franchise nonsense. Don't give them tacit approval to keep doing it. Please, avoid buying this title.
  60. Nov 12, 2014
    this is just an alpha version of the game. Totally unoptimized. Why can't they just put some of the marketing budget into optimization? They deserved 0 score.
  61. Nov 12, 2014
    I am severely saddened with how this turned out. It had everything that should have made it a good game. A decent story with romance, a charismatic character, and intrigue. A massive city which looks amazing, technically only if you just look at a single frame.

So where did they go wrong? In-app Purchases in a full-fledged 60 dollar game. Terrifically Horrible Performance on PC.

So where did they go wrong?

In-app Purchases in a full-fledged 60 dollar game.

Terrifically Horrible Performance on PC. Worse optimized than AC3 and Black Flag together. Glitches everywhere, controls are a mess, these two combined cause you to fail missions because your character decides to loot a body instead of parry an attack when you're still fighting someone.
  62. Jan 27, 2015
    Even if to forget all the technical issues this game has, - it feels like DLC.
    Even if to forget all the technical issues this game has, - it feels like DLC.
    They really havent changed the gameplay/havent added anything new. There is absolutelly no motivation to do any side quests/gather collectibles. All these microtransaction into AAA title feel like Ubi wants to fck us gamers. I will just go throgh main story to the end (when i have nothing else to play), and in case i feel lack of one of 4 (FOUR) currencies - i will just use trainer. Well done Ubisoft.... I hope you learn your mistake and new title of the franchise gonna be something good. Also the graphics are really nothing special to call it next gen (like all new titles have same/better graphics and perform much better)
  63. Dec 1, 2014
    Nearly no better graphics than the last 2 AC games,and it demands 10xbetter hardware.Whats the logic in it?I have GTX580 GPU / i7 2600K CPU / 8 GB Ram...those should be more than enough to run this graphically average game...I'll ask a refund for this game,if they wont fix the fps issue.

edit:Purchased a GTX970 and this game is still lack of solid fps...
  64. Nov 12, 2014
    What is this, assassins creed #9?
    I have done all this before.
    Getting real tired at this mediocre stuff, makes me sad that its more profitable to just milk the same stuff over and over rather then coming up with new games.
  65. Nov 12, 2014
    Broken piece of crap game, Ubi$hit does it again, first Watch Dogs, now this, let's hope they didn't mess Far Cry 4 too. This is unbelievable, we should sue this company, it's unacceptable to deliver such a flawed and unfinished product when we were shown a beautiful game, that's false advertising. I hope you go bankrupt ubi$hit, I also hope you never ever see the light of day again andBroken piece of crap game, Ubi$hit does it again, first Watch Dogs, now this, let's hope they didn't mess Far Cry 4 too. This is unbelievable, we should sue this company, it's unacceptable to deliver such a flawed and unfinished product when we were shown a beautiful game, that's false advertising. I hope you go bankrupt ubi$hit, I also hope you never ever see the light of day again and you are sent to jail, rot in there, and if you ever get out of jail I hope you never ever develop and/or publish any other game. Expand
  66. Nov 12, 2014
    Watch Dogs has been dethroned! Assassin's Creed Unity is now the worst game of all time. Ubisoft is clearly trying very hard to beat EA at their game.
  67. Nov 12, 2014
    "Milked yearly installment"
    ------------------------------------
    Assassin's Creed: Unity could have been a solid game if it worked the way the developers intended. The game does an amazing job showing you the French Revolution but still feels lackluster and does is filled with technical and gamebreaking issues along with microtransactions.
    "Milked yearly installment"

- Lackluster Story
    - Arno's Interactions With Other NPCs
    - Unfinished Broken Game

-------------------------------------------
    CONCLUSION
    -------------------------------------------
    WORLD - 8
    STORY - 5
    GAMEPLAY - 5
    GRAPHICS - 5
    TECHNICAL - 2
    COOP - 5
    GAMESCORE - 4.8 "MILKED"
  68. Nov 13, 2014
    My experience on performance.

When I got my GTX 770 in june, overclocked it 20 1300mhz, combined it with my i54670k, also overclocked to 4.4ghz, I boasted that I could play any given game at maximum settings on my 1080p monitor. Playing games at high and stable framerates was such a massive leap from the low frame low quality, low resolution console equivalent. Crysis 3? No problem.
    My experience on performance.

Crysis 3? No problem.
    Sniper Elite 3 with supersampling? That runs a dream too.
    The mess that was Watch_Dogs? Ultra Worse mod settings even still ran well.
    AC: Black Flag? Rarely dips below 60fps.

Assassins Creed Unity? I get better framerate running Skyrim on my tablet. This is without a doubt the most poorly optimised game available on the PC, barely worthy of being labelled and Alpha considering the sheer fluctuation of frame rate this game provides me. I would be satisfied, if this game ran on ANY given graphics setting at as little as 30fps solid. But that is the worst thing. It does not.

The frame rate is not the main problem here. It's the stability. The frame rate fluctuates wildly even in the damned pause menu. In my personal experience, It would skip up and down at random between 40 and 60 constantly with stuttering. A few times a minute it will pop down to the low twenties at random.

If you know anything about how frames render, you will know that this scenario is significantly worse that just running it at 30fps constantly. That is not even an option for me.

This chaos was after altering settings to work as best as they possibly can. The fluctuation persisted in all available settings.

If you absolutely have to play it, then you will be spending a long time adjusting settings. My hint to you is to start with turning AA either off or to FXAA. These options are the best thing you can do for your experience.
  69. Nov 12, 2014
    - "Don't buy game from Ubisoft which didn't leave yet!" (c) MrAro
    This game needs to appropriate an award: The most curve optimization in the history of video games.
    Weak plot, Graphics not according to system requirements. The gameplay is stupidly taken from other parts. And after that to ask for game of 38 dollars? Ubisoft, you have no respect for own fans. I will tell all once
    - "Don't buy game from Ubisoft which didn't leave yet!" (c) MrAro
    Weak plot, Graphics not according to system requirements.
    The gameplay is stupidly taken from other parts.
    And after that to ask for game of 38 dollars?
    Ubisoft, you have no respect for own fans.
    I will tell all once again: don't buy game from ubisoft which didn't leave yet!
  70. Nov 12, 2014
    Well on my nvidia gtx 770 and i5 4760 this game is 100% unplayable lags crashes etc it is not optimized it is not polished game can't recommend to anyone and i really like other assassins' creed games...
  71. Nax
    Nov 13, 2014
    Terrible optimization, Terrible optimization, Terrible optimization...

GTX 980 SLI is getting bottlenecked by thousands of useless scripted NPC AIs eating all CPU power of my i5 3570K at 4.5ghz. Cards cant generate enough FPS, no matter what you resolution is 1440p or 1080p at my detail I get 50-70 FPS with this setup + -System hiccups -Game freezes 5 seconds periodically every 5-10
    Terrible optimization, Terrible optimization, Terrible optimization...

-System hiccups
    -Game freezes 5 seconds periodically every 5-10 mins
    -Crashes

etc. etc.

It is impossible to enjoy the game...Dont support this company. DO NOT! Look at EA theay are improving after hitting the ground. Let those suckers hit the gorund as well. This is modern thievery, I should have pirated this game,
  72. Nov 12, 2014
    Well on my nvidia gtx 660 and i5 2500K this game is 100% unplayable lags crashes etc it is not optimized it is not polished game can't recommend to anyone and i really like other assassins' creed games...
  73. Nov 13, 2014
    If ACU was just a parkour game it would be **** awesome, it's not though. A lot of things seem forced, I really just want to play my video game without have to download a **** ton of bs apps and add-on **** to get the whole experience. The microtransactions I will never touch, nice try tho. Why would you spend any money at all to cheat a game? It seems really **** backwards, and I justIf ACU was just a parkour game it would be **** awesome, it's not though. A lot of things seem forced, I really just want to play my video game without have to download a **** ton of bs apps and add-on **** to get the whole experience. The microtransactions I will never touch, nice try tho. Why would you spend any money at all to cheat a game? It seems really **** backwards, and I just generally hate the thought of it.

I enjoyed the gameplay a lot, I really did, but there are too many things that are buzzkills for me. At the top of the list is the attempt to control too much. There is such a fierce grasp around this game I feel the developers let slip too many things through the cracks. The graphics are next gen for sure, the gameplay and story telling is not. On top of all of that is the bugs, which I wouldn't give a **** about if they actually wanted to improve the core of this game. I expected the flow between the parkour and combat to be much more fluid but it seems to be relatively the same with a few minor changes. When games start to bring these kind of emotions out of people you wonder why they backlash so hard at the developers.

This review is based almost entirely on gameplay, the actual launch with the bugs didn't irk me as much as some of the actual in-game features. Though that doesn't mean it's acceptable.

MONEY STUFF

This is where we get to the money game, which they seem to have put an awful lot of time. There are several currencies:

Franks are used to buy consumables, outfits, weapons, and property.

AC points(whatever that symbol is) which is a "abstergo" increment of money used to upgrade weapons and buy colors for the outfits.

Hack points are the microtransaction increment. You can buy everything in the game with these points if you have the real life dolla bills to throw down. This is where I get a little irritated. What it feels like they're doing is slowing down progression in various ways.. getting to places feels slower (possibly because our character runs slower on a 1:1 ratio of paris? Idk), combat is slower. Leveling seems to take forever, which also means I don't get to use all of the abilities throughout the entirety of the story.

In combination with the Initiate program... which you have to sign up for.. to unlock certain items.. so that you can eventually buy them. There is also mobile apps i've yet to download that unlock other in game **** This also allows you to open up certain Red and Gold chests. So basically theres stuff in the game that you can do because you haven't downloaded all the crap yet on all your devices.

So what this feels like to me is a they've added a grind to the game so you either

*dump tons of time into if you want to complete everything, and buy everything.

*OR buy upwards of 100$ worth Hack points so can buy better equipment earlier, or buy boosts to level up or w/e.

*None of the characters are really that intriguing. They seems to be cookie cutter Templar vs Assassin attitude.

*The crowds themselves are quite massive but, but for the most part they stick to a particular spots. Theres obviously roaming people from street to street, but there doesn't seem to a concious of the AI. Once again there are only so many models and some many outfits/colors. They don't react to you directly or your deeds you've accomplished. I kinda expected the city to be more "alive," at the time period it was a very turbulent and the city was of the edge. This is not the feeling the game gives off at all.

*The parkour is better than the last few installments and is probably the best part about the game as a whole. Trekking the city and just looking at every detail that goes into each inch of the world. Unfortunately the movement is plagued by many of the same issues such as, you're still frequently getting stopped in your tracks from either bad pathing, or odd obstacles. The downward parkour (new) is nice for sure but doesn't act how i expected either. Sometimes Arno jumps impossible heights without taking damage or suffers from the same issues as the upward parkour and goes a path you didn't wish him too. Some paths that seem like they should be, are not.

*The combat is much slower imo and rugged, it's fun but there isn't really anything revolutionary about it. In the beginning the enemies seem to be tougher but there are only a few enemy models so their patterns are easy to learn over time.
  74. Nov 12, 2014
    This game found out how to just make me hate it completely within the first 2 hours. First off, it runs very poorly, if there is ever any more then 10 people on screen, your frames will drop.Same gameplay from the last 5 assasin's creed ... This is a joke, all assasin's creed are the same: repetitive, boring, toooooooo easy with a really stupid IA and no challenge, same moves and animations ...
  75. Nov 12, 2014
    I can't believe I bought this game. I can play Metro Last Light on Ultra with almost constant 80fps, but I can't even get 30fps in this game. I will never ever buy an Ubisoft game again. Never!
  76. Nov 11, 2014
    Got it on PS4, had frame rate issues, so then i swapped for the PC version.

Aside from even the PC version running badly (I have several PC's, one with an i3, one with an i5 and one with an i7... Ive also tryed it on several GPU's including a 7870, 550ti, 8800 and 7500) on all my various pc's it didnt run well. That said at least i can set it lower to play it, unlike the ps4
    Got it on PS4, had frame rate issues, so then i swapped for the PC version.

That said at least i can set it lower to play it, unlike the ps4 version...

Theyve taken out the annoying follow him missions and replaced them with decent enough stealth missions. Theyve added upgrades for just about everything with xp and theyve changed the way you climb down buildings.

Apart from that, its still just assassin's creed. It can look good, but not as good as it should with its performance.

If this is next gen, underwhelming games that promise the world but under deliver on every aspect, then I'm out.
  77. Nov 12, 2014
    Seems like reasonably good entry into the AC series... if it actually ran on PC. Working with an i7-4770, 16GB RAM, SSD, and nicely-OC'ed 290x, I get sub-30 FPS a good amount of time at 1080p at very high with many graphical glitches. This is a pretty game, but it's not that pretty -- it should by no rights be this demanding to run. There were definitely some inexcusable corners cut inSeems like reasonably good entry into the AC series... if it actually ran on PC. Working with an i7-4770, 16GB RAM, SSD, and nicely-OC'ed 290x, I get sub-30 FPS a good amount of time at 1080p at very high with many graphical glitches. This is a pretty game, but it's not that pretty -- it should by no rights be this demanding to run. There were definitely some inexcusable corners cut in optimization (no wonder Ubisoft refused to give early copies for review). Audio also has some very strange specialization, much like the PC port of Thief.

I feel like I'm trying to run a PS2 emulator on a 7-yr old computer with this game.
  78. Nov 12, 2014
    This just has to be some kind of a joke! First Far Cry games a decade ago had better graphics and optimalization than this FAIL! I own a very high end PC so I put everything on max graphic wise as I always do and I was astonished - is this the promised revolution? What is this?? Everything looks pixelated, outdated and ugly. Characters faces, speech, textures, ugly wide black rectangles atThis just has to be some kind of a joke! First Far Cry games a decade ago had better graphics and optimalization than this FAIL! I own a very high end PC so I put everything on max graphic wise as I always do and I was astonished - is this the promised revolution? What is this?? Everything looks pixelated, outdated and ugly. Characters faces, speech, textures, ugly wide black rectangles at the bottom and the top of the screen, strange glitches, missing textures and other unbelievable stuff.. is this a joke?? Who will give me my money back!! Expand
  79. Sep 10, 2017
    Ubi$oft games in a nutshell!
    i7 3770k @4.9GHz, 16GB RAM, 2x GTX 780 (2-way SLI), ACU installed on a high-end Samsung SSD.
    ----------------------------------------------- Ultra preset settings: 1920x1080p Average fps = 36 Min fps = 11 ----------------------------------------------- Ultra preset settings: 1440p Average fps = 24 Min fps = 6 Sub 30fps on an i7 running a huge
    Ubi$oft games in a nutshell!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Ultra preset settings: 1920x1080p
    Average fps = 36
    Min fps = 11
    -----------------------------------------------
    Ultra preset settings: 1440p
    Average fps = 24
    Min fps = 6

Sub 30fps on an i7 running a huge overclock and 2 780's in SLI - This is why Ubi$oft games are pirated more than any other games from any other companies! Because Ubi$oft keeps on releasing AAA games in such a poor unplayable state that consumers think, why the hell should I pay $£€60 for a broken, unfinished piece of rubbish, but yet, they take no notice and keep releasing broken games.
    DayZ Standalone is in early access alpha... *ALPHA* and it has fewer bugs, glitches and crashing issues with better FPS than ACU.

Assassin's Creed Unity sealed it for me - I will never buy another Ubi$oft game, not until they stop this BS and start releasing games in a playable finished state, only then will I even consider giving them my money.
    (The sad and worrying thing is though, hundreds of thousands of people still pre-order their games every year even when they keep getting burned every time. People need to wake up and start voting with their money, that the only way a company like this will listen and change.)

[Edit - Spelling, grammar and more info added.]
  80. Nov 12, 2014
    uplay is AIDS and Ubisoft is the monkey who brought AIDS to the west. This game is a virus I wouldn't download it, it will infect your computer with a trojan.
  81. Nov 13, 2014
    This 'Triple A' game is abysmal. Although the history is compelling and the graphics are astounding (if you have a powerful enough rig), it is sorely let down by it's terrible animations, shoddy frame-rates and its innumerous, unforgivable, exhausting glitches. Combined, these letdowns result in unrealistic NPCs, sluggish combat and lacking immersion.

There is no fluidity in character

There is no fluidity in character movement, which is a significant letdown given that parkour is a major component in the Assassins Creed franchise. I found myself bashing into people instead of flowing through crowds, even at a walking pace.

This is a step backwards in the Assassins Creed franchise. Basic gameplay elements have suffered at the expense of grandeur and scope. This franchise has lost its soul at the expense of corporate profit. I hope the same doesn't happen to other Ubisoft franchises (especially Far Cry).

I really feel let down by this game - especially after enjoying AC3 and Black Flag so much. I feel ripped off. Ubisoft deserve all the bad publicity they get from this appalling game. I hope that a patch will come out soon that will fix all these problems, I really do. Because the truth is, no matter how much I hate how this game turned out, I'll continue playing it. Not only do I want to get my money's worth but the history and environment is good enough to endure all the crap. And for that I'll give it a score of 3 ;p
  82. Nov 12, 2014
    This is the biggest piece of **** in the history of video games. It always gives us crap ubisoft, seasoned with some crappy textures and a whole array of bugs and features completely broken. I can not even criticize the argument that this garbage is literally unplayable.
  83. Nov 13, 2014
    Very poor optimization.
    With my GTX 760 at different settings gives no more than 40 fps. Very unpleasant friezes.
    Let's hope that in the near future Ubisoft fix the problem and my opinion has changed.
  84. Nov 11, 2014
    It is quite surprised to see some positive reviews stating that the game should only be rated in terms of game play while neglecting all bugs, glitches and optimization issue in PC.

If that's the case, why do we have different sections of platform for review purpose in the first place? Game play experience depends greatly on the optimization and whether there are a lot of bugs or

Game play experience depends greatly on the optimization and whether there are a lot of bugs or glitches in game. Because it may potentially render the game unplayable if there are too many bugs or fps stutter a lot. Even the console version counterpart suffer from bugs and optimization issue right now, resulting in a low user score. With an unsatisfied user experience, how can a game deserve a high score?

And this game has an extremely poor optimization (even beast game rig only barely keeps the fps at 30), which is a typical console port without sufficient graphic options. Bugs or glitches may even ruin the player progress, like falling down in a glitched wall.

The story is acceptable, probably a bit better than AC 3 and 4. It has some minor improvement in stealth and combat mechanics but it still won't appeal to either experienced stealth gamers or action gamers.

Fairly speaking, a game with such kind of efforts doesn't deserve its price tag charged right now.

I guess some will keep on saying "buy now, and wait for the patches!" Well, do Watchdog and AC 4 Black Flag finally get patches to fix their problems at last? Anyone? LOL.
  85. Nov 13, 2014
    You can not play this game for 5 minutes without a glitch, bug or crash... if you even manage to get the thing started or have the top-end computer rig required to get above 20 fps that is.
  86. Jan 14, 2015
    The "plague" of needing an extremely upgraded PC to play this game will haunt Unity for a long time. It is unfortunate, because in the end, I think the Ubisoft folks wanted to make this much more enjoyable with the co-op and team aspects of the game. But that didn't work so well at first either. And to achieve that, most players need to have a really good gaming system, and that's justThe "plague" of needing an extremely upgraded PC to play this game will haunt Unity for a long time. It is unfortunate, because in the end, I think the Ubisoft folks wanted to make this much more enjoyable with the co-op and team aspects of the game. But that didn't work so well at first either. And to achieve that, most players need to have a really good gaming system, and that's just not reality. So it's like being between a rock and a hard place. I am changing my previous "1" rating to a 7 because after several patches and upgrades, I am able to finally play the game by optimizing the game and launching through GeForce. Still, the topic is not interesting. Arno is just not that engaging of a character compared to Ezio. The story focuses too much on the history of Paris (fine with me, I love history) but it doesn't compare to exploring Rome, Venice, Florence and other places in the AC II and Brotherhood series. Plus, where are the companion assassins?? Arno doesn't have any, except for obscure missions given by certain "shadow assassins" but he certainly doesn't command a team like Ezio did in AC Brotherhood and Revelations. Really, for a series that is so extremely popular to have over 800 negatives compared to 200 positives in this Metacritic system has to do not only with the "unplayability" but with the overall theme of the game. I rate games also based on how many times I would replay it. While I've replayed the previous AC games at least 4 or 5 times, I don't see myself replaying Unity for the next few years. It's just too predictable and basic. Today I received the DLC Dead Kings. The advanced video looked amazing. I thought it would be similar to the underground city of Cappadocia in AC Revelations. But no, each mission just takes you back to the underground catacombs and then you have to find your way out each time. It gets a bit boring. If the entire story would have been in the catacombs (again, maybe an underground complex like Cappadocia) it might have provided a bit more interest to me. The missions to "conquer" some outposts sounded very interesting. I thought wow, it's like Far Cry 3 and 4 where there is a complex of buildings you have to attack with some strategy. No. I was wrong. It's basically killing the boss and that's it. So again, simple and boring. The main effort by Ubisoft was obviously to improve graphics and offer co-op and team gaming (thus affecting a lot of people whose systems can't handle that). They need to focus on the topic, theme, characters and environment whether it's single or multiplayer and they would be more successful. Will I purchase future AC titles? of course. Does this rating ruin the chances for anyone new to give it a try? I say purchase the previous titles first, and then buy this one. By then, it will be at least 50% off. Expand
  87. Nov 11, 2014
    With all the performance issues I had a difficult time even getting far enough in to the game to develop any opinion of the game play. Given that, the game play was not significantly improved upon over the previous incarnations of this series. With all of Ubisoft's talking about the engine and changes to the game play I found it to be less than spectacular, or even really all that funWith all the performance issues I had a difficult time even getting far enough in to the game to develop any opinion of the game play. Given that, the game play was not significantly improved upon over the previous incarnations of this series. With all of Ubisoft's talking about the engine and changes to the game play I found it to be less than spectacular, or even really all that fun since I had "been there, seen that" in previous games. Add the hefty performance issues that rally draw into question the level of effort put in to even trying to make the game playable, and this one is a complete non-starter.

If you absolutely *must* play another Assassin's Creed game, I strongly suggest waiting a few weeks/months to get all the problems dealt with *or* simply wait for the next iteration of the franchise.
  88. Nov 11, 2014
    well the performance, is disappointing as the fps is always around 25-29 on my R9 295X2. Because I expect an immortal 60fps on my 4K. Everything else is typical AC. Typical campaign which is quite boring sometimes. But still very decent. And the graphics have barely been improved since Black Flag. But still gorgeous enough. Do not need those ridiculous requirements to play this, as somewell the performance, is disappointing as the fps is always around 25-29 on my R9 295X2. Because I expect an immortal 60fps on my 4K. Everything else is typical AC. Typical campaign which is quite boring sometimes. But still very decent. And the graphics have barely been improved since Black Flag. But still gorgeous enough. Do not need those ridiculous requirements to play this, as some of my friends already playing this on 4 gigs of ram and a decent Gpu. So, overall a very decent game. I was thinking about giving a 7/10. But as that minimum requirements turned out to be a hoax, I decided to reduce 2 more, for the sake of PC gamers! :D Expand
  89. Nov 13, 2014
    What a poor, awful, unoptimized terrible game by **** massive lags, lot of glitches etc etc etc
    don't waste your money on this crap
    they want to boost nvidia cards sales no more, no less

"my card can't run this game properly, I need to buy a new card" this is what they want to hear
  90. Nov 13, 2014
    Worst port ever made, I'm sooooo sooooo happy I didn't buy this piece of sh**.
    I play games such as Arma 3, Black Flag, FC3 and so on all maxed out and they look 10 times better than Unity on medium and low settings, and guess what? on low settings this game is unplayable, worst optimization ever, they beat Rockstar with GTAIV.
    Congratulations Ubisoft you did it again, you created a
    Worst port ever made, I'm sooooo sooooo happy I didn't buy this piece of sh**.

Congratulations Ubisoft you did it again, you created a pile of golden sh**, you didn't get my money like you didn't for Black Flag, so I piss on you.
  91. Nov 13, 2014
    The grandest Pile of S ever released. Makes you wonder why these "critics" like IGN are giving it a 78 score... Monetary reasons perhaps? No one in their right mind would give such a rating...
  92. Nov 13, 2014
    Ubinoobs why did you do this!
    After watchdogs( the game which they kinda **** up by making the pc version less good than the other versions simply by just removing the graphics them and placing them in a map called E3 demo) they made Unity of **** describe my tought of this game,
    Ubinoobs why did you do this!
    1 it has the worst port I have ever seen, it is unbelivable that a producer like Ubinoob makes this crap!!! They have milion's and milion's of dollars but they can't make a good optimised game!
    2 WTF MICRO TRANSACTIONS IN A **** FULL PRICED GAME!?!
    So far my toughs
  93. Nov 13, 2014
    I would really love to play this game but even my overclocked 780 ti is unable to render this game at a playable frame rate even on low, so there is that...and don't even get me started on the stuttering and the constant pop ups and those terrible textures even on ultra. MY GOD.
  94. Nov 13, 2014
    For an early access pre-alpha game, it really isn't that bad. Sure, nothing works and the game breaks horribly every other step, but that's what you expect from a game in this state.

.. wait, you're saying this is actually a game that was released? And sold to people? For money?
  95. Nov 13, 2014
    Worst optimization that I have seen in recent years, disgusting quality graphics with a huge system requirements. The first and the main contender for the title of the failure of the year.
  96. Nov 14, 2014
    UPDATE FOR PATCH 1.2.0.0
    this game is a little bit better but still unplayable and bugged as hell
    and the performance issues isnt fixed at all.. ruining my gameplay experince...
    and i got nvidia gtx 670 x2 SLI and i should be able to run it with a smooth framrate but sadley enough not according to ubisoft that releases a unfinished mess of a game..
  97. Nov 13, 2014
    First of all the game crashes to desktop from time to time ( mostly whenever there is a cutscene or you change some option on the graphics) which is extremely frustrating.
    For me it´s been impossible to play more than 30 mins without getting kicked out of the game.

If, by any chance, you manage to play the game for more than 15 mins you´ll find, first of all, a horrendously low frame rate which makes playing the game really annoying.
    Apart from that,the whole game is full of all kinds of glitches such as popping textures, weird animations or some strange thing with the screen shine that won´t let you to see anything on the screen, literally.
    Overall this is an unfinished game, full of bugs,and absolutely impossible to play at least for the moment.
    DON´T BUY THIS GAME!
  98. Nov 13, 2014
    Registered an account just to write this review. The game runs horribly and I'm running GTX 780 TI SLI. Wish I had heeded the warnings below. Whatever you do don't buy this game... I'm actually a fan of the series but the game is unplayable in its current state.
  99. Nov 13, 2014
    This is my first review on Metacritic, i have been a gamer since Vic 20 decades ago. I buy most of AAA titles. This game is the worst launch i have seen except a couple of mmorpgs in the past. I got a PC with 4GHz cpu, raid 0 SSD, GTX 970 in SLI, and a G-sync monitor. This game is so full of bugs that i doubt i will ever buy a Ubisoft games on release day again, Farcry i have canceled theThis is my first review on Metacritic, i have been a gamer since Vic 20 decades ago. I buy most of AAA titles. This game is the worst launch i have seen except a couple of mmorpgs in the past. I got a PC with 4GHz cpu, raid 0 SSD, GTX 970 in SLI, and a G-sync monitor. This game is so full of bugs that i doubt i will ever buy a Ubisoft games on release day again, Farcry i have canceled the preorder.

Thae bugs are: some NPC's are falling in to the ground when walkin in the street, and popping up again 10 sec. later, the game stutter alot and even with a framerate on 45 and G-sync its unplayable. i feels like AA is not working properly. The hair of NPS's are popping in to the air and the same for some of the NPC's cloth are jumping every second second. Ubisoft have 2 weeks to fix this game or i will demand my money back from the online shop. In oher words the game looks like it should be in an Alpha test state. And yes i have been a game tester in many betatest and some Alpha. BTW all driver is updated, even tried to reinstall the game. SHAME ON UBISOFT!! (Ubisoft was one of my favorite game publishers, but now they fall behind EA. But EA mustly have problems on lunch with servers issues, not totally broken game.
  100. Nov 13, 2014
    This game is a perfect example of what not to do. Lets first bring up the fact that there are IN GAME macro transactions. Yes macro, you can spend up to $100.00 of real money to increase your in game currency. What?! Remember when games had cheat codes for FREE? It's your game once you purchase it some people just want to get their characters overpowered..that's how they enjoy theThis game is a perfect example of what not to do. Lets first bring up the fact that there are IN GAME macro transactions. Yes macro, you can spend up to $100.00 of real money to increase your in game currency. What?! Remember when games had cheat codes for FREE? It's your game once you purchase it some people just want to get their characters overpowered..that's how they enjoy the game, now if they want to "cheat" they need to pay more real money. Does nobody else see how nuts this is?! I feel like I'm taking freaking crazy pills here! What the hell! That is my biggest gripe, but it is worth mentioning that this game is horribly optimized, needing a GTX 680 at a minimum? Is this an elaborate prank? Something is seriously wrong when I would rather purchase an EA title (Dragon age inquisition) rather than a Ubisoft title. Sorry folks this one isn't worth the time/money, I am against pirating but I fully support pirating the hell out of this money grubbing game. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Hyper Magazine
    Feb 9, 2015
    Well at least it's better than ACIII. [Issue#257, p.66]
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Dec 24, 2014
    Newfound openness of Assassin’s Creed demonstrates just how inadequate its AI really is for a stealth game: pampered nobility usually simply ignores a bloodied body on the dance floor, and guards don’t care much either. At least they’ve learned how to fight: unless you “cheat” with smoke bombs, it’s highly unlikely you’ll survive a melee against a group. [Jan 2015, p.62]
  3. Nov 27, 2014
    As I write this, Assassin’s Creed: Unity is a bugfest, but technical problems, however annoying, can and probably will be fixed. It is not cracks in textures that it is the most worrying thing about Unity, but the cracks in game design and writing.