- Summary: Assetto Corsa is designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments.Assetto Corsa is designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments. Also, Assetto Corsa allows for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Assetto Corsa Teaser Video
Mar 17, 2015Despite it's lack of official content and the dullness of the career mode, partly due to the sloppy AI, Assetto Corsa is simply the best racing sim ever developed. Everything smells the love of cars, from its jaw breaking physics to the amazing graphics, and just that feel of the car. A new benchmark for racing sims.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Mar 10, 2015The successful racing game that doesn’t want to scare players. Assetto Corsa is quite possibly the cheapest and most enjoyable way to see if you're really a competitor or if you just like hitting people who stand in your way. [Issue#250]
CD-ActionMar 4, 2015Differences between beta version and the final game are close to none, which means that the career mode – the heart of every racing game – is not even a prototype, it’s a prosthesis. Driving model is excellent though and the tracks were meticulously recreated with laser scanning. Along with the support for the modding community it lets me believe that Assetto Corsa might become a brilliant game in the future. [02/2015, p.52]
Nov 16, 2013This is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with youThis is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with you people i got quite bored by them lately...im sick of HUD filled with useless crap. Im sick of fake speeds by using overexcessive blur, NFS arcade crap. Im sick of all that. I want PC platform own Forza/Gran Turismo! and that is called Assetto Corsa.
Assetto Corsa truly woke up the racing desire in me! One would say AC has good points but ignores others. I am amazed that Kunos managed to really make an almost perfect racing sim for PC!
Right now it's EARLY ACCESS BETA. But they stated that when the game goes FINAL and beyond, they will finalize AI, multiplayer, add damage model features, a career mode and some other exclusive contents.
Anyway what i liked in Assetto Corsa :
- overall great controls for a racing simulator game. These italian guys use exact vehicle data from car makers such as Ferrari, Lotus, Pagani, BMW, you name it. Handling data files are even encrypted as requested by car makers. So it's 100% guaranteed that the car you drive, will behave the same as the real life car.
- the graphics are simply amazing! car models/interiors are on par with Forza 4 or GT5. The scenery looks great too.
- good optimization. The game runs and looks great on medium PC's.
- the sound design is sweet. From the car engines, the tires, the exhaust pipe back, the wind while going at high speeds, to the little rocks hitting the car body when going of-course. Very good job on the sound too.
- developers stated that they will continue to support this game with DLC´s years from now on.
- laser technology scanned tracks which is the most authentic method for making a track in-game.
- TRACK IR support
- Oculus Rift support
- replays support
- Forza showroom mode like
- and probably the best feature. MODS SUPPORT! people already started making their own car models, car skins, sounds, UI modifications, even new tracks for AC, you name it. (Not to mention they can simply import other cars from other games). So dont be surprised if one day you will see a car from Forza 4 added to Assetto Corsa by the modding community.
Finally a PC racing sim that caught my attention. No wonder the developers said they had a great launch on Steam. The game is simply superb. Thank you Kunos for releasing Assetto Corsa for PC! looking forward … Expand
May 15, 2015I will start on the bad points, the problem is not with the tracks, they are flawless, but the car models, some of them even those provided byI will start on the bad points, the problem is not with the tracks, they are flawless, but the car models, some of them even those provided by Kunos are not completely accurate. You can easily get 3 to as much as 20 sec faster on some cars like Zonda R, McLaren P1.
But, this one pertains to Porsche fans, there are some good paymods, the 991 GT3 and GT3 RS, 918 Spyder, 981 Cayman GTS and GT4, if you can find them, with Kunos's technologies and more polygon counts than Forza and Project Cars, this is the absolute heaven for you.… Expand
Apr 22, 2015For me the Best sim racing game until now .Great graphics and color saturation , FFB with G27, T300rs is one of the best . Sounds are ok NotFor me the Best sim racing game until now .Great graphics and color saturation , FFB with G27, T300rs is one of the best . Sounds are ok Not so good as Raceroom but ok. Most of all physics are jut fantastic.… Expand
Jan 10, 2015I have already spent 400+ hours playing Assetto Corsa. Using a FFB wheel the handling is great, and this is the greatest highlight of thisI have already spent 400+ hours playing Assetto Corsa. Using a FFB wheel the handling is great, and this is the greatest highlight of this game: the driving. I can go on driving and driving for hours, each corner is a rewarding experience. The second highlight of AC is the graphics: cars look stunning and replays are beautiful. The third highlight is that the game is very modder-friendly. Amazing cars and tracks are produced every month by the community, you can never get bored. The fourth highlight is racing: multiplayer is still elemental but very solid, you can just jump into a public server for a quick race and have tons of fun, or if you're fast join a league.
Things to improve: hmm.. the computer-driven cars still have some weird behavior, multiplayer needs a bit of work to enable more admin options, and some other small details here and there.… Expand
Jun 22, 2016Assetto Corsa provides one of the most immersive and visceral experiences I've ever experienced in a driving simulator. Not since GPL byAssetto Corsa provides one of the most immersive and visceral experiences I've ever experienced in a driving simulator. Not since GPL by Papyrus can I recall experiencing such a connection to the car while driving in a simulator. Just like GPL,
Assetto Corsa contains the full length version of famed Nordschleife circuit, the big difference is unlike the GPL version this version is laser scanned. As a result you get the track exactly as it is in real life, all the bumps, proper hill grades and corner angles.
I've had Assetto Corsa for less than 30 days and amazingly I've already clocked 142 hrs drive time. Most of this at the Nordschleife and Mugello circuit. I've had some amazing racing experiences online on servers running the touristenfahrten version of Nordschleife which just like the real version allows anyone to drive laps on the circuit casually or at race speeds with other people.
Online interface is well done. I would like to see an improvement in the race hosting interface which currently is far too complex for the average computer user to setup.
Assetto Corsa has a great selection of cars as well and this fall that selection will be expanded to include official cars from the legendary Porsche!
Best sim racing experience currently available on any platform. There are many pretenders in the simulator racing genre, Assetto Corsa is the real deal!… Expand
Aug 22, 2017Assetto Corsa is the best racing simulator right now. Graphics is OK. A must have for your collection if you're serious about sim-racing.Assetto Corsa is the best racing simulator right now. Graphics is OK. A must have for your collection if you're serious about sim-racing. Everyone should try this game.… Expand
Dec 27, 2020- Unplayable without an expensive steering wheel.
- I tried to play with a xbox one controller but it was constantly vibrating, maybe to- Unplayable without an expensive steering wheel.
- I tried to play with a xbox one controller but it was constantly vibrating, maybe to mimic the vibrations of the engine. I had to turn vibrations off completely, having then no force feedback at all.
- Doesn't look very good.
- Lack of content.
- On PC, can't be used with only a controller, you still need mouse and keyboard close to you
- New cars are sold in DLCs… Expand