- Summary: Assetto Corsa is designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments.Assetto Corsa is designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments. Also, Assetto Corsa allows for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Assetto Corsa Teaser Video
Mar 17, 2015Despite it's lack of official content and the dullness of the career mode, partly due to the sloppy AI, Assetto Corsa is simply the best racing sim ever developed. Everything smells the love of cars, from its jaw breaking physics to the amazing graphics, and just that feel of the car. A new benchmark for racing sims.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Mar 10, 2015The successful racing game that doesn’t want to scare players. Assetto Corsa is quite possibly the cheapest and most enjoyable way to see if you're really a competitor or if you just like hitting people who stand in your way. [Issue#250]
CD-ActionMar 4, 2015Differences between beta version and the final game are close to none, which means that the career mode – the heart of every racing game – is not even a prototype, it’s a prosthesis. Driving model is excellent though and the tracks were meticulously recreated with laser scanning. Along with the support for the modding community it lets me believe that Assetto Corsa might become a brilliant game in the future. [02/2015, p.52]
Nov 16, 2013This is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with youThis is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with you people i got quite bored by them lately...im sick of HUD filled with useless crap. Im sick of fake speeds by using overexcessive blur, NFS arcade crap. Im sick of all that. I want PC platform own Forza/Gran Turismo! and that is called Assetto Corsa.
Assetto Corsa truly woke up the racing desire in me! One would say AC has good points but ignores others. I am amazed that Kunos managed to really make an almost perfect racing sim for PC!
Right now it's EARLY ACCESS BETA. But they stated that when the game goes FINAL and beyond, they will finalize AI, multiplayer, add damage model features, a career mode and some other exclusive contents.
Anyway what i liked in Assetto Corsa :
- overall great controls for a racing simulator game. These italian guys use exact vehicle data from car makers such as Ferrari, Lotus, Pagani, BMW, you name it. Handling data files are even encrypted as requested by car makers. So it's 100% guaranteed that the car you drive, will behave the same as the real life car.
- the graphics are simply amazing! car models/interiors are on par with Forza 4 or GT5. The scenery looks great too.
- good optimization. The game runs and looks great on medium PC's.
- the sound design is sweet. From the car engines, the tires, the exhaust pipe back, the wind while going at high speeds, to the little rocks hitting the car body when going of-course. Very good job on the sound too.
- developers stated that they will continue to support this game with DLC´s years from now on.
- laser technology scanned tracks which is the most authentic method for making a track in-game.
- TRACK IR support
- Oculus Rift support
- replays support
- Forza showroom mode like
- and probably the best feature. MODS SUPPORT! people already started making their own car models, car skins, sounds, UI modifications, even new tracks for AC, you name it. (Not to mention they can simply import other cars from other games). So dont be surprised if one day you will see a car from Forza 4 added to Assetto Corsa by the modding community.
Finally a PC racing sim that caught my attention. No wonder the developers said they had a great launch on Steam. The game is simply superb. Thank you Kunos for releasing Assetto Corsa for PC! looking forward … Expand
Jul 15, 2015Assetto Corsa is a full on racing simulator. Its graphics are great and the sound is great.
If you don't have this and you have a good PC andAssetto Corsa is a full on racing simulator. Its graphics are great and the sound is great.
If you don't have this and you have a good PC and you like racing car simulators then I`d say this is a must.… Expand
May 8, 2015Love the game, sure it's far from finished but the devs never said it was finished when it went live.
It does need work, but theLove the game, sure it's far from finished but the devs never said it was finished when it went live.
It does need work, but the fundamentals are there. I think in about a years time, with a couple of dream packs and some major patches this will be a pretty complete package.… Expand
May 18, 2017I've been playing every simulators since more than 10 years and I've seen lots of interesting simulations in the past, all with their ownI've been playing every simulators since more than 10 years and I've seen lots of interesting simulations in the past, all with their own charm. Assetto Corsa raise the bar by providing the fun of Live for Speed, the moduling of rFactor, the laser scanned tracks of Iracing along with a simplified carreer mode. Most of these features are not in the game yet as the early release is of course Beta which means you get the game without all it's final feature earlier at a discount price. Did I mentionned AC have a license for Ferrari cars? Plenty of games in the past had Ferraris and high brands but this is the very first time I actually have the feeling of driving one of these cars. You can play the game using a gamepad (with thumbstick!) but for the most immersive feeling, a proper wheel is highly recommended. You might see some people online bashing the game without even trying it. Most of these trolls are fanboys of other racing games and simply cannot accept than something much more realistic does exist. Don't listen to them, give it a try yourself. This is a must buy for any serious simulation fan. I hope this review helped you a little… Expand
Jul 27, 2014Realistic physics, Good graphics, Real Cars, Real Tracks, KS EDITOR for importing community made tracks and cars! This is a must for every fanRealistic physics, Good graphics, Real Cars, Real Tracks, KS EDITOR for importing community made tracks and cars! This is a must for every fan or real driving simulation! ASSETTO CORSA follows the new way of Continuous Improvement, and not a continuous profit over little or no improvement like other simulators.… Expand
Mar 18, 2017I've been a sim racer for a few years now, invested in a wheel and a decent setup so I can comfortably enjoy them. I'm going to start off byI've been a sim racer for a few years now, invested in a wheel and a decent setup so I can comfortably enjoy them. I'm going to start off by saying that Assetto Corsa is one of the best sim racers I have played. The cars have almost an art around their physics, the developers capturing their characteristics with intricate detail. I've played iRacing, rFactor, Simbins range among a few and I cannot tell you just how this sim and its subtleties rise it above the rest. This follows through on the circuits too; whilst you aren't getting off circuit environmental detail in abundance, the immediate tracks, curbs, tyre marks and grass are intimately done using laser scanning. It is always improving, a long awaiting addition would be brake temperatures which is currently only available on some cars and the pit lane system isn't seamless.
One thing to highlight is the wheel force feedback; it is simply brilliant. Kunos Simulazioni have really outdone every one of their competitors here and I couldn't even suggest this is an opinion - it's cold hard fact. You feel everything you need to, even going over a curb is just a delight to feel your wheel just roll over it
Online the netcode seems pretty stable enough, you get the odd lag here and there but it isn't something I've not seen in any of the online racers I've played so far. It doesn't excel, it sits in the middle where this is concerned so providing you pick a good server which is local (in internet terms anyway) then you should have a next to flawless play.
Where did it drop the points though? Nowadays I would consider AC to be archaic in its menu navigation and server setup. It's just overly utilitarian, and trying to get your friends to join for a casual race can be tricky as there is no invite function, only a manual search function and if the servers are running too many cars that you don't have (DLC) then it can stop you joining altogether. This, I was not surprised at though. In my whole time sim racing you either get a game that has good physics but lacks a good menu setup (leagues/leaderboards etc), or you get the polar opposite...poor physics but a very good career mode, or just ease of joining games. This is what Assetto Corsa is missing. A sim racer that has inbuilt leaderboards, a good career mode (there is one but, it's a hash job), steam friend integration, setup sharing, online leagues; with these it would be a pretty darn near perfect sim.… Expand
Aug 30, 2016Bad Game. Mode Career very ridiculous. AI Stupid. Impossible to play with joypad. The graphic and the sound is very poor. If you want an veryBad Game. Mode Career very ridiculous. AI Stupid. Impossible to play with joypad. The graphic and the sound is very poor. If you want an very racing simulator buy Project Cars… Expand