7.2

1. Feb 12, 2019
    Been playing the game since 2016. From the start, I enjoyed it and could lose a ton of hours in it.
    Since the game has been released I have played it a lot of times and the major bugs I encountered first have been fixed sure there are still a couple of small bugs but I have not encountered bugs that are game breaking.
  2. Feb 7, 2019
    Astroneer is a sandbox open world game where you can build stuff on different planets and fly to them in spaceship that you've built. I like the "Lego" kind of building mechanism and the terrain modification (digging mechanism) that opens the doors for creativity to the player. But many would agree that it becomes boring over time. Many people believe that the game is boring because it hasAstroneer is a sandbox open world game where you can build stuff on different planets and fly to them in spaceship that you've built. I like the "Lego" kind of building mechanism and the terrain modification (digging mechanism) that opens the doors for creativity to the player. But many would agree that it becomes boring over time. Many people believe that the game is boring because it has no purpose or no story behind it, but i think the problem is something different. Unfortunately there are still not enough survival challenges to face with for a game that calls itself a "survival game".

First of all, you don't have to eat nor drink, which makes the game easy enough from the start. But I think the game doesn't really needs that, instead it should be focusing more on the space and planet conditions, which eventually increase the survival difficulty and make it harder to live. In the alpha version, there was only one or two natural disasters which appeared frequent enough times in different planets. That's the storm and the toxic rain. First time I saw a storm coming after me I paniced yet was very exited of the game. I was exited for surprises like that because that would mean I would have to find creative ways for protecting my base and myself, that would be a great challenge for a survival game. But no matter what, the base would still remain the same and nothing breaks, which made me sad and unsatisfied. Right now is a 1.0 version, and nothing has changed. Moreover, there are not enough enemies either, and most of them are pretty easy to avoid and are repetitive. They do not threat the player by chasing him, and they do not destroy the base. Which if they would, that would give more fun to the game. For addition, it would be cool to see some diseases that the player gets from the places on the planet and its conditions. That could increase the challenge of the game too.

By giving a challenge to survive, the player instantly enables their survival instincts, and tries to survive. This gives the game an instant purpose for playing it, which the players are seeking to find. We can take an example of another space based strategic game which called "no oxygen included", that makes an incredible job by making itself challenging to survive.
  3. Feb 9, 2019
    I am disappointed. I've been following Astroneer since 2016? Yet the terrain looks still awful. The gameplay is, by survival standard, boring, imho. The videos and the GIFs look and feel better than the game. Yes, the voxel terrain, but come on, we know better looking voxel games. What troubles me recently though is the data security thing in their EULA. They are allowed to installI am disappointed. I've been following Astroneer since 2016? Yet the terrain looks still awful. The gameplay is, by survival standard, boring, imho. The videos and the GIFs look and feel better than the game. Yes, the voxel terrain, but come on, we know better looking voxel games. What troubles me recently though is the data security thing in their EULA. They are allowed to install whatever they want and to use my data for ads? If you agree to that you are stupid. I see that the devs are ex-Ubisoft employees, so they may think like EA/Ubisoft. But in 2019, why can't we just have a cool game without that whole Facebook-ish ad-overseer rubish? WTF? Expand
  4. Feb 6, 2019
    There is no gameplay here. There are things to do, but there's no driving force to actually do anything. There was no objective to complete, no boss to kill, and no resources I needed to replenish. The game gave me no direction and didn't tell me any clues on where I should be going or what I should be doing.

After starting a game, I built everything I could, found an object to put

After starting a game, I built everything I could, found an object to put into my research building thing, and then realized there was nothing left to do other than wait for the research to complete. Then what? I build something else, find another object to throw into my research building, and wait for another unlock? Why even bother leaving my base and risking suffocation and death?

I died 3 times in the tutorial. In the...tutorial.

I didn't have fun and didn't see the point in waiting for the fun to arrive. I gave the game 90 minutes of my time and it failed to capture my interest. Saying that the game gets better later on is not a mark in favor of the game.
  5. Feb 13, 2019
    So, first of all, for a release there are just too many bugs! My favorite one is when you walk and suddenly get thrown up into the air - for no apparent reason - a then die from falling damage. Really, Dev´s?

About the game itself I´m a bit torn. Let´s start with the pros: There´s quiet a lot of progression in the game. You start with some basic stuff and through a lot of research,

About the game itself I´m a bit torn. Let´s start with the pros:
    There´s quiet a lot of progression in the game. You start with some basic stuff and through a lot of research, you´ll be able to travel to other planets.
    The machines look nice and there are some good ideas, like the trading system, that will allow you to buy resources without having to travel somewhere, just because you are missing one certain resource.

The cons:
    While machines look nice, the terrain itself looks just awful...
    Almost no threats in the game - no animals - it just feels lonely. (Just some OP-plants.... yes, a mushroom can kill you)
    Vehicles handle terribly, get stuck a lot and are not that useful (except for maybe getting research items).
    The crafting system. It´s nice in the beginning, but later on you have a lot of different resources, that you can combine into other resources to craft more advanced stuff. The problem here is, that you´ll run around your base collecting each one of the required components in order to feed them to the printers. Why isn´t there a main storage where the printers take resources from? Why do I have to feed them every single one of them??? This got tedious and irritating rapidly...
    The game gets boring after a couple of hours, but especially the endgame, when you just run around and dig to get the "unlocks" for the ending.
    The bugs! So many...

Overall I must say, the idea of the game is good, but it just wasn´t so much fun to play. Even if the many bugs are fixed, the gameplay would still be mediocre at best.
  6. Mar 6, 2019
    Astroneer is a fine game completely marred with bugs. It also comes with nigh unplayable multiplayer. I want to make jokes and trash the developers for releasing a game in such a broken state, but I can't. They're a small team, and the development of the game was wrought with difficulties of a personal nature... However, I don't think those personal problems should get in the way of myAstroneer is a fine game completely marred with bugs. It also comes with nigh unplayable multiplayer. I want to make jokes and trash the developers for releasing a game in such a broken state, but I can't. They're a small team, and the development of the game was wrought with difficulties of a personal nature... However, I don't think those personal problems should get in the way of my rating of the game, so I'll simply state that it's busted beyond a playable state, and it's taking too long to get better. I can't recommend this game. Expand
  7. Feb 11, 2019
    I've created a Metacritic account today because either the devs or some die hard fans are upvoting Astroneer on Metacritic currently which, uh, feels odd imo. As for the game, it is okay. It is not ground breaking, nor good looking, it is rather... average? Currently Steam reviews are going down for good reasons I suppose. The terrain looks ugly most the time. Check out Steam reviews forI've created a Metacritic account today because either the devs or some die hard fans are upvoting Astroneer on Metacritic currently which, uh, feels odd imo. As for the game, it is okay. It is not ground breaking, nor good looking, it is rather... average? Currently Steam reviews are going down for good reasons I suppose. The terrain looks ugly most the time. Check out Steam reviews for more complaints, esp. by disappointed long time players and Early Access fans. I, personally, find Astroneer a bit too buggy, laggy, the terrain with either too many cracks (mesh holes, actually) or too ugly? How did they come up after so many years in EA with such awful textures and models? This is not okay for that price. And the long term gameplay... is just not fun. Wait for a decent discount. Astroneer is no way worth more than $4-5. But, of course, it could be so much more, but my guess is, as some journalists pointed out, that the actual devs did not have the experience in handling such a game on their own, as if they did not fully grasp what survival fans need and want. But I fully understand why other players enjoy it, for sure. Cheers Expand
  8. Feb 9, 2019
    wait until it is cheap. it's worth $5, not more. dull gameplay for a survival game. horrible terrain textures? like when you are in the game check the actual 3d models and textures. awful imo. they are good at creating twitter friendly gifs and stuff, but the overall game is, compared to survival games, cheap. what a shame after such a loooong early access of 2.5 years? so when they workedwait until it is cheap. it's worth $5, not more. dull gameplay for a survival game. horrible terrain textures? like when you are in the game check the actual 3d models and textures. awful imo. they are good at creating twitter friendly gifs and stuff, but the overall game is, compared to survival games, cheap. what a shame after such a loooong early access of 2.5 years? so when they worked 2 years before ea on it, is this the game we get after 4.5 years? not to mention the console ui. why did they not bother to give us a pc ui? for me at least astroneer is not worth mentioning. Expand
  9. Feb 11, 2019
    The game is really fun with some friends and i don't understand why some people say that the terrain is bad. The only critic i have is the optimisation when you are the host.
  10. Feb 13, 2019
    Pros:
    - Nice gameplay and a long grind wich is good imo
    - Simple and nice graphics - Cute Astroneers - Different planets - The hidden secrets Cons: - Lags too much (This isn't really valid since my pc is too bad, but i'm getting a new one soon) - Some bugs that can be annoying - I will probably be sad when i completed the game 100% Conclusion: This game is amazing and you
    Pros:
    - Nice gameplay and a long grind wich is good imo
    - Simple and nice graphics
    - Cute Astroneers
    - Different planets
    - The hidden secrets

Cons:
    - Some bugs that can be annoying
    - I will probably be sad when i completed the game 100%

Conclusion:
    This game is amazing and you should buy it
    NOW
  11. Feb 9, 2019
    Waited over 2 years since purchase for full release, only to be majorly disappointed. Compelling and fun gameplay was never added, an artificial grind was introduced to slow down gameplay which makes it worse. Major bugs were introduced at launch, some that had been fixed previously mysteriously coming back. Developers refuse to fix an issue with European keyboards. Major graphical changesWaited over 2 years since purchase for full release, only to be majorly disappointed. Compelling and fun gameplay was never added, an artificial grind was introduced to slow down gameplay which makes it worse. Major bugs were introduced at launch, some that had been fixed previously mysteriously coming back. Developers refuse to fix an issue with European keyboards. Major graphical changes were made for the full release with no warning, many of them for the worse and not better. Astroneer community manager censoring valid complaints and feedback. Avoid this game and developer. Expand
  12. Feb 11, 2019
    This is a game about mining. Specifically this is a game where the devs mine your personal data and sell it to whoever they want, and you can't opt out. They say right in the EULA that they're going to collect your demographic information and sell it. Talk about selling out, what a disgrace.
  13. Feb 10, 2019
    Astroneer is a sandbox where you must to use the intellect to get new technologies. You can travel to differents planets and build many buildigs to make tools and vehicles. Also the game allows you to live the adventure with friends. In my opinion is the best indie game.
  14. Feb 10, 2019
    A casual survival game with fun, crafty elements and a wonderful aesthetic. Easy to spend hours exploring planets and building expansive bases, while not feeling constantly under pressure to survive.

A lovely little gem worth checking out if you're looking for some relaxed sci-fi exploration!
  15. Feb 28, 2019
    Bug simulator, looks like an EA game, need years of work and the developers are hidden from the community
  16. Feb 11, 2019
    I watched this game for two years. The difference between then and now is amazing. A ton of graphical improvements, much stronger progression system, fun open world, and a very active dev community. The game has been out for barely a week and has already been updated four times. Problems identified by the community are transparently addressed and action is quickly taken. The addition ofI watched this game for two years. The difference between then and now is amazing. A ton of graphical improvements, much stronger progression system, fun open world, and a very active dev community. The game has been out for barely a week and has already been updated four times. Problems identified by the community are transparently addressed and action is quickly taken. The addition of world puzzles with 1.0 is a great way to encourage exploration, and the cave system is much more expansive than it was in alpha. Looking forward to continued regular updates. Expand
  17. Feb 12, 2019
    An absolutely lovely open world sandbox game with wonderful minimalist style graphics. While playing alone, this game gives a rather desolate tone when it comes to exploring, however, that tone shifts upon either finding the abundance of hostile flora in the worlds you explore or upon inviting a friend to join along. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone in need of a time sinkAn absolutely lovely open world sandbox game with wonderful minimalist style graphics. While playing alone, this game gives a rather desolate tone when it comes to exploring, however, that tone shifts upon either finding the abundance of hostile flora in the worlds you explore or upon inviting a friend to join along. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone in need of a time sink they want to enjoy. Expand
  18. Feb 13, 2019
    Astroneer is a wonderful and accessible open world survival crafting game, where you land in a solar system and need to survive.

The visuals are spectacular, I often find myself standing on the top of a mountain taking watching a sunset, or standing in my base listening to the hums and beeps of my modules whirring while I wait. The game has 6-7 distinct new planets, all with their

The game has 6-7 distinct new planets, all with their own visuals and things to do, and the game now has an overarching "story" that pushes you from planet to planet while you try to understand these massive monolithic structures.

This is an excellent indie title, and proof that developers can make early access games and release a solid product at the end.

Pros: Incredible visuals, tactile UI, diverse solar system, multiplayer, new added goals that make me want to progress, free customization

Cons: some annoying bugs and sub par performance in multiplayer. I fully anticipate them figuring this out ASAP though.
  19. Feb 16, 2019
    Купил эту игру еще в альфа тестировании, ни капли не пожалел! Было видно что разработчики очень ответственно подошли к разработке. Сделано с любовью. К покупке рекомендую
  20. Aug 1, 2019
    Nice fresh idea that gets boring very fast. Tutorial is counter-intuitive. You have to search internet just to understand what game wants you to do in the tutorial.
    Idea is great. Execution is not. A lot of improvement is needed.
    Imagine truly 3d Terraria/minecraft scifi clone full of bugs. You got the idea.
  21. Jun 8, 2019
    Fun game. Love the physics of the planets and the moons with their orbits and dynamic lighting with the movement around the sun. All of the different planets with their unique biomes can be hauntingly beautiful. The physics of the rover vehicles were completely wacked at first but they seemed to have smoothed it out finally. The devs also made the progression a lot better with the needFun game. Love the physics of the planets and the moons with their orbits and dynamic lighting with the movement around the sun. All of the different planets with their unique biomes can be hauntingly beautiful. The physics of the rover vehicles were completely wacked at first but they seemed to have smoothed it out finally. The devs also made the progression a lot better with the need to upgrades to larger and more complex machinery.. most coming in 2-3 tiers. One mechanic I absolutely cannot stand is the "slide" mechanic where your character does a cool surf maneuver when moving down a steep grade. The problem is is that it is triggered way too easily, even when inching along, and sometimes it is hard to stop sliding before you plunge into a cavern that you can't dig your way out of before you die of suffocation. Though the game is fun, it could use a little more story and direction also. I realize it's an early access and a work in progress so I can't wait to see what else is added to the game. Expand
  22. Mar 10, 2019
    after all these years waiting, finally the game is here. I enjoyed when i played in 2016, still playing,
  23. Feb 11, 2019
    Astroneer is a visionary game! It still has its bugs but I completely trust in the Devs to hammer them out. I love the concept and execution. Go System Era!
  24. Feb 22, 2019
    Ab beautifully crafted atmospheric survivor. Astroneer is a game that allows you to take exploration to a whole new level. To build your base you must gather ever advancing resources as you take your shuttle from planet to planet. Each new planet offers new challenges and dangers. I have played this game for sometime prior to its full 1.0 release and the care that the developers putAb beautifully crafted atmospheric survivor. Astroneer is a game that allows you to take exploration to a whole new level. To build your base you must gather ever advancing resources as you take your shuttle from planet to planet. Each new planet offers new challenges and dangers. I have played this game for sometime prior to its full 1.0 release and the care that the developers put into it has really amazed me. This is one of very few games I can always come back to because of its replay ability. Expand
  25. Apr 21, 2019
    Astroneer is a beautiful game that does nothing less than expected: "A game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration." according to their steam page. It is actually a lot more than it appears to be and often evokes feelings in you that you wouldn't expect from a game of its style. The development of Astroneer was a long, hard, windy road (i know this courtesy to a YoutubeAstroneer is a beautiful game that does nothing less than expected: "A game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration." according to their steam page. It is actually a lot more than it appears to be and often evokes feelings in you that you wouldn't expect from a game of its style. The development of Astroneer was a long, hard, windy road (i know this courtesy to a Youtube documentary) and the game has made dramatic progress since its launch.

However, I am not one to give something credit for the effort put in, because the output is all that matters for players. The game has some great, innovative mechanics and is very rewarding (such when you unlock interplanetary travel or notice how magnificent your base has become) but I should add that it is not optimized as well as it could be and the gets tedious at times. The tediousness comes from some slightly 'grindy' mechanics such as research, but this gets better the more you progress into the game.

If you are the type of person that needs an objective to drive your progress, then you're in luck because they recently added one. This objective is not exactly riveting but it certainly gives you something to work towards. The multiplayer aspect of the game has been improved dramatically and only has a few bugs here and there. One last thing to note is that the game is not solely focused on base building and there are sadly no automation mechanics as of yet. This game is a great buy if you're interested in any of the following genres: base building; survival; exploration; or just some fun with friends.
  26. Aug 9, 2019
    I love this game. I just straight up love it. This started the day i started playing with my friends. If you love games like no mans sky or space engineers, but you want something more simple you need to play this game. It's so much fun and i heavily recommend it!

1. Jun 28, 2019
    A bit absurd and outlandish, but still enjoyable space expedition that thankfully runs out of gas after you get your share of co-op fun.
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    May 15, 2019
    Astroneer is a nice survival game that’s hopelessly behind the curve: we’ve already seen everything it has to offer in one game or another. [Issue#237, p.40]
  3. Apr 19, 2019
    Fans of sandbox or crafting games might be pleased with the package, and can bump this score up at least a point or two. For others, this has some serious flaws with its user interface, and simple constructing/crafting is often aggravatingly difficult, which unfortunately drags down what otherwise is an okay, if repetitive title. It is really sad, as at its root, this could be a gem, with some simple patches or design overhauls, and appeal to a far greater audience.