7.5

1. Jan 28, 2021
    Basically Atelier Ryza 1 but with new features.
    Still feel very lazy (same monsters, new monsters outside bosses are recolor, animations are very basic, NPC pathfinding is very bad)
    Basically Atelier Ryza 1 but with new features.
    At the same time, the crafting system is better than in the first game with some cool new things like the skill tree. I can't stand the ATB system (active time battle, like in final fantasy before XV), they should have done something like in world of final fantasy where you can just choose between ATB and real turn based combat.
  2. Feb 5, 2021
    This game is not good .....................................................
  3. Feb 12, 2021
    This is the first game Atelier I play in it's entirety. I was often taken back by the gameplay, fighting or lack of exploration. Ryza2 plays like a real JRPG. The story is interesting but not spectacular. The graphics are cell shaded and very well done. The sounds are really spot on. The japanese voice over are excellent. Music does fit well. The combat is engaging but a bit unbalanced inThis is the first game Atelier I play in it's entirety. I was often taken back by the gameplay, fighting or lack of exploration. Ryza2 plays like a real JRPG. The story is interesting but not spectacular. The graphics are cell shaded and very well done. The sounds are really spot on. The japanese voice over are excellent. Music does fit well. The combat is engaging but a bit unbalanced in the normal settings. Around half of the game, you do hit a wall in difficulty. The items creation was deep but some parts were too complex and some other totally useless. It's a good system but it doesn't need that much layers to it. Keeping it complex, yet simple in terms of scope. The game lasted 40 hours, doing most of the quest and sub-quests. I give it 80%. I did cry like a baby at the end, so, you get attached to some characters. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 1, 2021
    Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy is easily the best game in the series yet with a compelling story and refined gameplay to boast.
  2. Feb 4, 2021
    Anyone who loves the Atelier Ryza – or the Atelier series in general – is going to love this game. The slight tweaks that the sequel makes to the combat and alchemy improve upon the already solid fast-paced JRPG turn-based combat known to the series without changing what already worked. Combine that with the vast setting and all there is to do in it, and you’ve got a solid recipe for an Atelier title.
  3. Jan 31, 2021
    Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy marks the very first direct sequel in Atelier's twenty-three years old history. Bringing back Reisalin Stout makes perfect sense and the game benefits from Reisalin and her cheery cast of compatriots. With a light-hearted story taking you on an adventure in a genuinely great-looking and enjoyable to explore environments, you'll also find yourself pulled in by an enhanced battle system, made even more tactical than before. The constantly returning alchemy is also joined by a system that I'm going to call memory archaeology, helping to develop the new main character as well as the history of the game's world. Either way, this is a very enjoyable outing and one that will no doubt keep Reisalin as a fan-favourite character in what is arguably one of, if not the best game in the Atelier series.