8.0

1. Jun 13, 2020
    There are very few games that i can play again, and again, nd again. There is something about the texture, the feel, the challenge, the replayability.

Battle brothers is easily teh most replayable game i own.

And a new content release is iminent.
  2. Mar 31, 2017
    A very good game but not for casual gamers. You need to think really carefully what you do with your heroes and what weapon you choose against a specific enemy. Nowadays, there are hardly any games like this one - games that demand from player to use his brain and not to just randomly hit keys like in AAA titles and spam an enemy to death. It won't work in here so any average triple A gameA very good game but not for casual gamers. You need to think really carefully what you do with your heroes and what weapon you choose against a specific enemy. Nowadays, there are hardly any games like this one - games that demand from player to use his brain and not to just randomly hit keys like in AAA titles and spam an enemy to death. It won't work in here so any average triple A game fan might get lost in here.

What I think is the best in the game is difficulty curve, which makes it real and competitive through all the gameplay. You can't just create immortal team of super-hero characters with legendary weapons all -around that hack and slash through everything. Every man in your team is a living being that can get killed just like any other man if you get a little too careless in a dangerous situation. This aspect of the game makes many fights puzzles where you have to think what to do; wheather to make a spear wall formation against dire wolves or take strategic advatnage of terrain and place your soldiers on grass tiles in a swampy area just to make the enemy come there and ... get stuck swamp.

Economy is also nicely done as it gives you some options to earn money; you can either sell loot from defeated foes; trade certain goods in specific areas for bigger profit or get quest rewards. Generally, if you think you will have no economic problems in here.

If you like to use brain in games and think of fights like of puzzles and you are looking for a virtual challenge then this game is for you.
  3. Jul 4, 2017
    Despite being a very good game, Battle Brothers has one major flaw - no goal. Yes, it's fun to develop your crew, gather loot and gain renown in the land, but it really feels futile when you realize that it is all for naught. I really dislike endless games, since they feel unfinished. It sucks when you can't get a sense of closure. Many players asked for mod support and I really hope theDespite being a very good game, Battle Brothers has one major flaw - no goal. Yes, it's fun to develop your crew, gather loot and gain renown in the land, but it really feels futile when you realize that it is all for naught. I really dislike endless games, since they feel unfinished. It sucks when you can't get a sense of closure. Many players asked for mod support and I really hope the devs will listen at some point, since the game still has a lot of unused potential. Expand
  4. Aug 17, 2019
    This game…. I spent hours studying, researching, trying to find the best builds, etc.

It’s too punishing. You lose a valuable brother? Alt-F4. You painstakingly build up your party and then in one battle lose almost all? Well, good luck getting it back, since the difficulty scales with time (in-game day). And it’s frustrating to constantly get sub-par recruits. I don’t know why

I don’t know why people love this game. I love turn-based strategy games like these, but this game is just too difficult, too steep a learning curve, too much RNG. Too much time spent and not enough rewards. Not for the general public or for gamers, but again, for a select few.

I do appreciate the developers making this game and the concept but it’s just too hard and frustrating to play. It is not for those who play games to relax, have fun, and to de-stress while also looking for a challenge.
  5. Apr 2, 2017
    One of the best indie titles released in recent years. Considering it was made by a very tiny studio the game is really quite good. It was heavily influenced by Mount & Blade, X-COM and the Jagged Alliance series. It has a randomly generated open world, great music, and a very charming 2D art style with an incredible amount of detail on the models.

It has a deep tactical level of play

It has a deep tactical level of play and you need to be able to react quickly to the changing tides of battle. Like with Darkest Dungeon, not every fight can be won and RNG is RNG. Sometimes you need to run away to save yourself. I guess some people can't handle that aspect of the game, just like some people can't handle Darkest Dungeon or the X-COM series.

The game has over a 92% positive review score on Steam. Don't allow some people who are sour that they can't spam "X" to win at the game and upset that they actually have to do some tactical thinking keep you from giving a great indie game a try.
  6. Apr 3, 2017
    A good game but gets boring extremely fast. The game revolves around the turn-based combat, which is fun but very repetitive. The map seems not exploited to its full potential and the game is lacking some end-game goals. Hope it will be improved with patches because the base game is solid.
  7. Apr 12, 2017
    Challenging game with new content coming out regularly. In terms of gameplay, think medieval/fantasy X-Com and you aren't too far off. Art is relatively minimalist but competent. Battles feel like an intense game of chess. Writing could be a bit better. I've gotten many hours out of this one and expect that I'll be back for many more.
  8. Apr 11, 2017
    A fantastic strategical experience, one of the best indie games released in the last decade. The possibilities for expansions and more content are endless.
    Excellent tactical combat and a lot of resource management/company management. Definitely recommended to anyone that is into tactical turn based strategy games.
    Not recommended for people with no patience
  9. May 25, 2017
    The only thing keeping me from giving this game a 9-10 is the schizophrenic power creep. The game is fairly balanced early on but the battles either become far to easy or insanely difficult. This is exacerbated greatly late game, where you either win without taking a scratch in an insultingly easy battle or all your mercs are cheezed to death by completely overpowered end game enemies.The only thing keeping me from giving this game a 9-10 is the schizophrenic power creep. The game is fairly balanced early on but the battles either become far to easy or insanely difficult. This is exacerbated greatly late game, where you either win without taking a scratch in an insultingly easy battle or all your mercs are cheezed to death by completely overpowered end game enemies.

Compound that with the fact that the game is extremely stingy with giving the player resources to recoup from losses it either forces you to retire early or constantly redo saves which reduces the game to random number generator. I think the endgame stuff (132 days) is designed to kill a handful of your veteran's (In my current save I have to take on 15 undead legionaries with necrosavants, honor guard, and undead priests in a god damn swamp) and I get it your trying to make it gritty, but if you give the player no/very limited options to recoup than its an arbitrary middle finger and turns an otherwise fun game into an arbitrary frustrating waste of time. "Rocks fall everyone dies" in other words.

TL:DR its gritty low fantasy XCOM set in medieval not Europe, with same intrinsic problems late game XCOM has.
  10. Jun 10, 2017
    Absolutely fantastic, addictive game, I think of it as a mix of Xcom and Mount & Blade, very unforgiving at first (start in lowest difficulty even if you're good at those games or you'll probably get slaughtered and/or starved out of resources), but once you learn how it works it's tons of fun. The wiki explains some less obvious mechanics if needed.
  11. Nov 13, 2017
    This game is good, an A- to and A, but it does get old a little too fast.

There are a lot of very interesting decisions made in the design of this game. Not all of them work, but the designers are obviously experienced gamers. The biggest strike I would call attention to is that it plays a bit like a card or board game. These are casual experiences, designed to be completed in a
    This game is good, an A- to and A, but it does get old a little too fast.

The biggest strike I would call attention to is that it plays a bit like a card or board game. These are casual experiences, designed to be completed in a couple of hours, so high risk game play works well. Not so well for computer games. In Battle Brothers, the risk to your crew is always very high and the time investment to develop your crew members is also very high (many, many hours of play). I think these two elements are not compatible. Being forced to recruit inexperienced cripples is a design idea that really does not work.

Beyond the German setting, the structure of the game is reminiscent of an old classic called Darklands. Other people have noticed this as well. My opinion is that they should study this older game to help influence the evolution of this title a) because they are closely related in concept, b) because this game needs much more depth to reach its (lofty!) potential, and c) because Darklands was fantastic for its time and needs to be revisited.

I really wish Overhype Studios well on this fine foundation. Triple A could be in their future.

As a final note: Although the writer is talented, and I don't wish to insult him, his sense of humor needs to be weaned out the game. Monty Python-esque humor is very hard to do well. It is PhD level comedy ... not for the amateurs. I feel that the weak humor detracts from the play experience. The writer also ventures into inappropriate and obscene humor. This is not as widely acceptable as the current media would have you think. I feel this should be avoided.
  12. Nov 20, 2017
    I checked the videos a lot before buying. Bought it during a discount and I can say today that those were some of the best 13 euros spent in games for the year.

Very addictive game that you will probably really start to get after the 3rd or 4th play-through (not complete of course). Set up your little band of mercenaries and become a legend in a world occupied by orcs, undead and (3) human houses/factions that try to dominate it.

You take sides (with the houses - orcs & undead are not to be negotiated! :-P ), strengthen your group and try to survive. There are various professions and character perks that make your characters unique and you get attached to them. Build them up and keep them alive till then end (or for as long as possible!)

Recommended!
  13. Jun 28, 2019
    This is a must if you like turn based small units tactical combat in a quasi medieval setting. But the fun comes not only from combat but from the management aspects of needing to feed, pay, rest your men and generally keeping your little mercenary company a viable economic concern. Everything is done with great taste, from the graphics to the music. It is EXTREMELY difficult andThis is a must if you like turn based small units tactical combat in a quasi medieval setting. But the fun comes not only from combat but from the management aspects of needing to feed, pay, rest your men and generally keeping your little mercenary company a viable economic concern. Everything is done with great taste, from the graphics to the music. It is EXTREMELY difficult and frustrating at times. I strongly suggest having all of the DLC and choosing a few of the many quality mods available for this game. Expand
  14. Mar 25, 2017
    The Pros:
    - nice music
    - great variety of equipment - some interest events - great enemy variety The Con. - RNG may be fair BUT losing one of your man due to poor roll is much worse than your enemy losing one of theirs , because the enemy population do not follow any rules of growth; they are like grains of sand mites crawling all over the place, and are spontaneously generated all
    The Pros:
    - nice music
    - great variety of equipment
    - some interest events
    - great enemy variety

The Con.
    - RNG may be fair BUT losing one of your man due to poor roll is much worse than your enemy losing one of theirs , because the enemy population do not follow any rules of growth; they are like grains of sand mites crawling all over the place, and are spontaneously generated all over the world, while good recruits are RARE, EXPENSIVE, HARD TO TRAIN and NOT EXPANDABLE (other RNG games allow for easier replacement of gd ppl as long as you have the resources, but not here), and thus an unlucky RNG for you is a Nuke in the face but a pinprick on the enemy's pinky. Despite much player feedback, devs are not responsive and slow to implement measures to allow for EASIER replacement of your men, which will allow for their death to be NOT SO FRUSTRATING (measure such as buying level with gold).

Just this 1 con makes the game EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING (the MOST FRUSTRATING RNG game ever). Even though, in the game, there are nuggets of enjoyment, the PURE AGONY OF LOSING A HARD TO REPLACE dead men thanks to RNG devil COMPLETELY overshadows ALL that is good about this game. For this reason, DID NOT buy this game unless you wish to experience hell on earth.

Oh, and did i mention that dead soldiers are hard to replace?
  15. Apr 4, 2017
    Great game but that RNG is fuken ridiculous and I play TBS games 20 years. I love challenging games like XCOM, jagged alliance, on hardest difficulties or hardcore TBS Gorky 17 but I never really felt frustrated playing them, sure you spit some vulgarisms and so but at the end its just a game and you come back. Battle brothers RNG chances are random, really random, roguelike random to theGreat game but that RNG is fuken ridiculous and I play TBS games 20 years. I love challenging games like XCOM, jagged alliance, on hardest difficulties or hardcore TBS Gorky 17 but I never really felt frustrated playing them, sure you spit some vulgarisms and so but at the end its just a game and you come back. Battle brothers RNG chances are random, really random, roguelike random to the point its just unpredictable mess Expand
  16. Dec 17, 2017
    A well-crafted RPG game in medieval setting with turn-based battles. Somewhere between Expedition Conquistador, Battle for Wesnoth and Jagged Alliance.

Pros: - the game is very "atmospheric", it portrays the cruelty of real battles (well, at least as much as you are allowed to do that in a mass-market medium like games).. E.g. the faces of soldiers get scarred and bruised as they take

Pros:
    - the game is very "atmospheric", it portrays the cruelty of real battles (well, at least as much as you are allowed to do that in a mass-market medium like games).. E.g. the faces of soldiers get scarred and bruised as they take damage
    - the dialogs and texts are very well written and are interesting to read
    - the 2D graphics style with pawn-like soldiers actually works pretty well. It's great how, without any animations of soldiers, the battles still look nice. There are many faces in the game and they basically carry this game's whole visual style
    - a solid system of character upgrades, items etc - this reminded me JA2 the most
    - the world is randomly generated!

So-so:
    - the utter randomness of everything. Most attacks are done at 30-50% hit chance, even when you are on a tile next to the target. Sigh.. I know all the argument about why RPGs have randomness but I'm a continental European, not an American or British, so I strongly prefer games without fog of war and no dice rolls. So, this game is NOT a strategy game, it's an RPG. If you like RPGs more than strategy you will love it, but if you're more into strategy you may find yourself replaying the same battle and getting vastly different results from basically the same tactics, which, to me, turns myself into some kind of a passive observer rather than active decision-maker. On the other hand, you can see this randomness as just the "realism". I mean, as a mercenary you can die any moment, even if you are very experienced and have all the best armor etc. Btw to prevent save scamming you can't save during battles.

Cons:
    - (nitpicking) no tutorial, instead they have 2 videos on youtube (1 about combat, the other about the world map and party management) which I did find pretty well done. However, I'd prefer an offline tutorial. Without watching the videos, some game rules can't be easily guessed and will make your first experience very frustrating. E.g. if you archer is in melee range (1 tile) from an enemy, you can't retreat because the enemy unit gets a free attack. And not just but also if that attack hits then your move is cancelled! Such unusual stuff definitely requires a proper tutorial at game start.

To me, if one could replace hit chances with damage multipliers (e.g. instead of having a 50% chance to hit you would just do 50% of damage but always hit etc) I'd love this game! Maybe this could even be done by editing the config files somewhere, no idea. Probably not though, since these chance-to-hit calculations are spread throughout the whole game, with a multitude of other factors tied to them.
  17. Jun 21, 2017
    So much promise so little gameplay. Played almost 100 hrs and hoping for that breakthrough moment but I was met with only disappointment. Trust me your better off not playing this game. This is one of those games that fills you with hope and excitement for the first 5 to 10 hours before slamming the door in your face. It's almost like each campaign hits a paywall except you've alreadySo much promise so little gameplay. Played almost 100 hrs and hoping for that breakthrough moment but I was met with only disappointment. Trust me your better off not playing this game. This is one of those games that fills you with hope and excitement for the first 5 to 10 hours before slamming the door in your face. It's almost like each campaign hits a paywall except you've already paid full price so WTH. In other words the difficulty curve in the second half is unbalanced. Mods may be able to fix this game with fun to play scenarios but until then it is a total waste of time and money! Expand
  18. Mar 3, 2018
    I just tried it and the weird arm-less people and muddy visuals literally made me vomit a little in the back of my throat. I'd love to review the other aspects of the game, but I'll never be able to get over how *ugly* it is.

The final nail in the coffin is that there's no magic.
  19. Mar 24, 2019
    Just a fantastic turn based tactics gem this game is. One of the few today that still challenge the player and are fair. Love it! The only thing that should be expanded is the event-system. I would like to see more complex events that last longer than just one dialogue and I would like to see more of them. Ok there is one other thing, the graphics, they are nothing to call home about butJust a fantastic turn based tactics gem this game is. One of the few today that still challenge the player and are fair. Love it! The only thing that should be expanded is the event-system. I would like to see more complex events that last longer than just one dialogue and I would like to see more of them. Ok there is one other thing, the graphics, they are nothing to call home about but they do their job and have a certain charme. However, I would love to see more of the graphics that are shown on the loading screens, in game, they stimulate my imagination quite well. And one last thing, please open the game up for easy moddabilty! What is it you are fearing? From experience with other games I know It would help expand the game in ways you alone would never be able to achieve and therefore create a much bigger audience for it and on the other hand expand and prolonge the experience for the players who love your game. Expanding the game for easy moddability I'm sure would create a win win situation. Expand
  20. Mar 25, 2017
    Miss nearly all of your attacks, never get enough loot to get decent upgrades. You don't get enough money from quests to pay for everything you need. I get having a challenge, but making it impossible is frustrating as hell.
  21. Apr 12, 2017
    Pros: Good Music, Gameplay is fun (while it lasts), well written characters when you do get a dialogue which is rare sadly. (Just write some more text I mean... can't be that hard to write text events guys)

Cons: Too short, Gets too easy very fast when you get metal armor, Events are poorly done and way too short, leaves you with a "meh" feeling overall which is a shame because it had potential. It has no endgame at all... none. So don't expect to get more than a week out of it.

I'll just say the game started out strong then suddenly the difficulty fell off a cliff and everything got boring very fast. The worst was when the late game event started (orc invasion) I thought "oh man things are going to get crazy now". Nah still pretty boring. Then suddenly 30 game days later the war was suddenly over and some soldiers passing me on the road from a faction I was strongly allied with (and killed oh I dunno a hundred or so orcs for) called me a wuss and I was given the option to fight them or retire (LOL ok) so I chose to fight them and the friggin game won't even let you do that... Also a 30 day orc war!? Really only 30 days!? Laaaaaame! Why would you shoot your endgame in the foot like that? Even if I wanted to hit the "continue onward anyway" button they made this stupid level 11 cap for all the mercs. Why? There's no point in continuing the game anyway after the orc invasion because other events just don't happen and by that time you're overpowering everyone with heavy armor anyway. The game woon't even let you imagine that there's endgame content because there's no treasure hunts for unique weapons even worse the unique weapons you do find are the most boring underwhelming things I've ever seen... that's just laziness IMO. I'm sorry but this game is completely lacking in actual content after less than a week of gameplay.
  22. Jun 18, 2017
    Great strategy medieval low-magic game, where tactical turn combat is epic/great. Campaings are sandbox, where towns give you procedural missions in a procedural overland map.

Good features of this game are: -Tactical combat of course. You must use different strategies and skills according to your opponents: thugs, goblins, orcs, wolves.... some battles you play are memorable. -Party

Good features of this game are:
    -Party management, with lots weapons and gear to use. You must control your money, tools (for repairing gear), food and medicines.
    -The visuals. The art design is great.
    -Sandbox style, where you can travel around an interesting overland map, doing the missions you want and trading to earn an extra money.
  23. Jun 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Battle Brother is a game which worth its price.

Context :
    You are the new leader of a medieval warband due to the former captain's death against bandits. You will recruit, equip, level and eventually burry your battle brothers during your travels in a world randomly generated at each new game, between the icy lands of the north to south's sandy beaches passing throw swamp and dark forests.

In each worldmap (Mount&Blade like), most of human cities and settlements are ruled by three noble houses, some are also independent, but all will offer you contracts more or less difficult to complete to earn reputation and gold.

These contracts are very differents from one another, from caravan escort to orcish fights or graveyard exploration, on tacticals map depending on your location (forest, swamp, snow...).
    The combat system is very intuitive and tactical, specially recommended for those who like turn-based strategic games (like X-com but less inmersive).

Your actions will determine your reputation. Will you be a cruel bandit or a noble mercenary ? Will you flee from battle to fight another day or die with honour ?

Visual :
    See screenshots. The team's graphist is very talented. Arts are excellents and immerse player into game. I love style and textures, and specifically the days and nights effects traducing the time of the day from dawn to dust and vice versa.

Audio :
    Just beautiful. Each ennemie has few specific musics.
    So with some experience you will know who is ambushing you just by listening ;)

Gameplay :
    On the worldmap, if not paused, time is spending continuously during your actions (travel, camp, repairs, heal) with very nice visual effects. Your main job will be to take contracts, one contract at a time, in towns, castle and cities. Contracts are missions with a narrative context which if you take time to read, generate sometimes shivers or laughs. Suceed and will earn notorioty, gold and upgrade relationship with settlements.
    Gold is usefull to buy goods, food for your men, equip and heal them.
    Good relationship enables you to decrease marchant prices. Eventually a bad one will may end in a fight.
    Notorioty influence events ends or possibilities. Events are triggered depending on your action, the background of your men, their level, randomly... I let you discover those which are a good part of Battle Brother's richness.
    With all that you will mostly fight to level your men (if they survive) against abundance of ennemies (orcs, gobelins, bandits, knights, undead, ...). Each ennemy faction has its own tactics in battle and you'll have to adapt and prepare your men consequently. It is a nice challenge : panel of weapons, armors and skills will be the key to do so.
    Most of the time you will decide when and where you'll fight but not always due to night or surprise attack or ambush. Last but not least there are some dungeons to explore with legendary item as reward.

As there is no really end to the game, as long as you survive, it's really great to play countless hours with the men you trained from their beginning to the mighty knight or agile bowman he has became (and you may cry their death).

Cons :
    - Band limited, you will not able to rule a castle or manage anything different than your own warband.
    - No horses in a medieval game (wtf? ;).

Pros :
    + Very conscientious Devs listening to the community.
    + Interesting skills-tree to develop your own tatics.
    + Various ennemies (humans, beasts, greenskins, undead).
    + Various armor, weapons, goods to trade or craft and more.
    + No-end campaign or retire when you want (except premature death ;).
    + Each game is unique.
    + Donkeys !

To conclude, Battle Brothers' world is mainly unexplored, dark and full of terrors. If you like the visual and turn based tactical game with a deep RPG immersion do not hesitate.
  24. Sep 1, 2018
    One of the most addictive games ever and one of the best turn-based strategies. Unforgiving and hard.

Low fantasy medieval world setting, which feels more real than most of completely non-fantasy worlds. F.e. comparable with "Game of Thrones" world setting. This is also an RPG with resource-management aspect. You really need to think about the future of your every character and their role in the company in hole - in which way to develop each of them, what perks, specialization to give and in the end whether to keep them or to replace with better and more promising ones. But sometimes or quite often if you are not careful and patient enough they will just die in battle. You should be ready for this anyway no matter how good you think you are in TBS.

It's hard to master, but when you learn how to survive, it will be pure pleasure.
  25. Dec 23, 2018
    Просто потрясающая игруха, очень добротный такой симулятор реального классического средневековья время начала столетней войны, с элементами фэнтези в виде орков, гоблинов и нежити. С последним DCL мир стал более живым и насыщенным, даже местами перенасыщенным. Отличная игруха, главное что бы разрабы её не забросили, как было в 2017-ом.Просто потрясающая игруха, очень добротный такой симулятор реального классического средневековья время начала столетней войны, с элементами фэнтези в виде орков, гоблинов и нежити. С последним DCL мир стал более живым и насыщенным, даже местами перенасыщенным. Отличная игруха, главное что бы разрабы её не забросили, как было в 2017-ом.
  26. Feb 10, 2019
    Это просто бомба! Лучше в подобном жанре не видел.
    Плюсы:
    1.Музыка(хоть и простенькая но превосходная) 2.Система прокачки 3.Разнообразность оружия, брони, еды и тд. 4.Хардкорность(скорее всего все сдохнут....) 5.Атмосфера Минусы: 1.После часов 40 становиться скучно(скоро апдейты).
    Это просто бомба! Лучше в подобном жанре не видел.
    Плюсы:
    1.Музыка(хоть и простенькая но превосходная)
    2.Система прокачки
    3.Разнообразность оружия, брони, еды и тд.
    4.Хардкорность(скорее всего все сдохнут....)
    5.Атмосфера

Минусы:
    1.После часов 40 становиться скучно(скоро апдейты).
  27. Mar 28, 2020
    I made this account specifically to review this game fairly with 500+ hours of play time.

Battle Brothers at first dive seems like an RNG riddled nightmare but as soon as you begin to understand the game its mechanics and its enemies you being to master the 'RNG'. You learn how risky fights are at a glance you can perceive threats you would have missed etc. Battle Brothers is not a game you go into expecting a storyline to carry you forward it is built of your own conviction. Your goals are as you set them, defeat a large monster? Good. Survive a Crisis? Great. Find the Legendary Gear? Amazing. Conquer all the challenges? Now you can say you've beaten Battle Brothers (And you still might comeback for more). Battle Brothers is hard and there is an element of luck but as your skill grows and you restart. You will lose less and less until you reach the point at which you can win every fight you take. You are rewarded and punished on your skill as a tactician and strategist, you make or break your brothers. Is it Frustrating? Yes, but learning and adapting to these problems is part of the experience. You can save scum through alt-f4ing but you will soil your own experience, Battle Brothers is a game for people who enjoy the challenge, if you don't want to be challenged at every turn you might be ill-suited.

TL;DR: Battle Brothers seems RNG-Based but the breakdown is roughly 80% Skill 10% enemy composition and 10% dice rolls. You will win if you make the right decisions and are prepared, every time.
  28. Jun 20, 2020
    Absolutely fantastic game on all levels - gameplay, graphics and music. Very enjoyable the more you play and get to know the world and its rules.
  29. Aug 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do you like D&D? TBS games? Then this game is for you. What a treat. Its gritty, and without the DLC's it may seem kinda basic/barebones. But it's anything but. This is a deep tactical sim, yes it can be punishing, that is worth every sweat soaked hour you put into it. Trust me, it'll reward, just stay the course sailor.

Pro Tip: Dying isn't as fun as the devs suggest, and yet, it is. Also, if your gut tells you to avoid a fight that looks tough...
  30. Nov 10, 2020
    Gameplay is fun and addicting. Combat is challenging. Amazing system where you carefully build your own mercenary band and complete contract and due fun battles against monsters, raiders, etc.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 25, 2017
    An addictive turn-based strategy lets you manage a group of mercenaries. Occasionally it is hard and demanding, but it is a nice and unusual game for the fans of the genre.
  2. Jun 12, 2017
    Combat can often devolve into a straight-line slugfest at times, and at other times terrain can make avenues of approach somewhat unclear and adjacencies a little hard to pinpoint. But for the vast majority of the time, the feeling of leading a desperate crew of die-hard sellswords is captured better in Battle Brothers than in pretty much any other game I've played. A surprise hit.
  3. May 26, 2017
    Αn unforgiving and difficult to master Turn-based strategy RPG set in a low fantasy universe, that rewards the persistent and patient player. A perpetual battle for survival and the constant need for adapting new gameplay tactics is only held back by the total randomness in many aspects of the game. This randomness is at the same time charming and repulsive.